AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Accomplishments you're proud of, please share yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
OK, here's mine:

I'm sure nobody really cares, but all well... I'm proud of myself and I just wanted to share this with you guys. I'm becoming quite the poker player. I've been reading books, and applying what I've learned well. I'm doing better and better, showing discipline, patience, calculating things such as pot odds (which is a really big accomplishment in my case, because I've always struggled with math in school), and reading other players well.
Last Friday, I placed 2nd in the money in my weekly tourney at the local card room!!!
YAY Me!!!!

wsopwillbemine.gif

So anyways, I just wanted to share... I know it's bragging, but hey I think everyone should be able to share with friends their accomplishments, and just as important for friends to give words of encouragement upon hearing the news.

So this is the constructive bragging/encouraging feedback thread.

Please post your recently accomplished milestone and/or encouraging feedback here.

Reactions: camstory
Since this thread is ok for open bragging and I don't get to talk about this hardly at all, I graduated high school 3 years early with a 3.55555 gpa. The only reason I didn't graduate with a 4.0 was because I had surgery and went through menopause during high school. It was difficult and I almost had to drop out because of my health problems but I did it. :) I never got a prom, graduation or any of that but I graduated and I did it before everyone else in my class.

blackxrose said:
Since this thread is ok for open bragging and I don't get to talk about this hardly at all, I graduated high school 3 years early with a 3.55555 gpa. The only reason I didn't graduate with a 4.0 was because I had surgery and went through menopause during high school. It was difficult and I almost had to drop out because of my health problems but I did it. :) I never got a prom, graduation or any of that but I graduated and I did it before everyone else in my class.

In the spirit of this also being a "words of encouragement" thread, let me say GOOD 4 U Sweetie!!! That is something to be very proud of.
group_hug.gif

Blackrose - GOOD FOR YOU!!! Sometimes life gets in the way of your goals but the key is to do your best at all times... which is what you have done... Kudos to you...

PokerBabe - YAY...I'm an accomplished online gambler myself, so that's something we have in common...

What I'm most proud of is that I am a Cancer Society volunteer and give up one day per week to assisting cancer patients on a one-to-one basis at my local cancer center. Been doing it for almost 3 years now and my team and I have assisted literally thousands of patients and their families that have to deal with this illness. We are making life a little bit easier for them and my team have won awards for our work...

Another thing that I'm proud of is that I did air/sea rescue during the 4 years that I served in the Navy... saved a few people from ship disasters in the North Atlantic and almost got myself killed a couple of times doing it... but that's awhile ago...

bravo332 said:
What I'm most proud of is that I am a Cancer Society volunteer and give up one day per week to assisting cancer patients on a one-to-one basis at my local cancer center. Been doing it for almost 3 years now and my team and I have assisted literally thousands of patients and their families that have to deal with this illness. We are making life a little bit easier for them and my team have won awards for our work...

That's Awesome!!!

bravo332 said:
Another thing that I'm proud of is that I did air/sea rescue during the 4 years that I served in the Navy... saved a few people from ship disasters in the North Atlantic and almost got myself killed a couple of times doing it... but that's awhile ago...

Thank you for your service.

Reactions: bravo332
I guess for me my proud moments are related to education and work. I graduated High School, top scores, when I was 16, and started working full-time right away. I ran a multimillion dollar business(normally with 6 employees) for over two weeks by myself at the age of 16, I was very trusted and capable and did well at it. I left home at 17, struck out on my own, moved across the country and now I own my own business writing from home in the marketing and advertising fields. Camming is my second job that I recently got into after doing free non-nude chat-hosting on Ustream for fun.

In my more "personal" sense, I used to be a member of a successful Gospel Group that traveled up and down the East Coast and I rescued horses for years on my home-farm back in DE. Animals are a huge passion for me.

ScarletVixen said:
I rescued horses for years on my home-farm back in DE. Animals are a huge passion for me.

That's awesome! My aunt has her own ranch and does the exact same thing. I love horses.

What a fun idea for a thread!! i'm especially impressed with the school accomplishments. i did fine in school, but had a rough time with motivation. Good for you guys :)

i decided a while ago after doing my first tandem skydive that i wanted to try and get certified so i could jump on my own. It was terrifying for at least my first 6-7 jumps, but after a few thousand dollars and months of driving 2 and a half hours each way to the dropzone each weekend, i finally made my goal and became certified to jump anywhere in the world on my own. i've now done 11 total jumps and am really proud of myself for doing something that truly scared me. This was one of my favorite jumps:

Attachments

• level6.JPG
    level6.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    766.7 KB · Views: 311
Big high fives to all the other posters!! These are some kick ass accomplishments! :D :dance: :clap:

I've made a nice healthy packed lunch for tomorrow.
I only get 30 mins for my lunch and walking to the shop takes 10 mins and I have to spend far too much money getting something.

ScarletVixen said:
In my more "personal" sense, I used to be a member of a successful Gospel Group that traveled up and down the East Coast

It might be just me, but I'm thinking it's quite a change of pace going from singing gospel music to being a camgirl.

Sevrin said:
ScarletVixen said:
In my more "personal" sense, I used to be a member of a successful Gospel Group that traveled up and down the East Coast

It might be just me, but I'm thinking it's quite a change of pace going from singing gospel music to being a camgirl.

Yep, but no worse than the fact I'm a pastors kid anyway ;)

wow so neat! Ive always wanted to go skydiving!!

I would say my biggest accomplishment would be moving my family out of ohio. An array of bad luck happened and i needed a major change! My husband lost his job due to blowing out his back and knee .. and then the construction world took a major hit .. we both worked installing insulation... no jobs .. no money to survive .. we were the poorest of poor literally living off baked potatoes and ramen noodles! We owned a street bike at the time that we loved ...but being parents we hardly used it anymore .. we decided to sell it and make the big move!

We arrive in Florida jobless with only the money from selling the bike .. i really then got into the camming world a lot more and was able provide my family with everything they need and even started college! I am now a second year business major with a 3.8 GPA!

This is a 360 from where we were two years ago .. my next accomplishment will be buying my own house when i graduate college in 2 yrs .. thats my next goal!

LaylaLux -- So glad that you and your family are back on their feet now and you are making great progress in school.... I suffer from a bad back too, so I can relate to how it can really take an active person down unexpectedly and hard... economy sucks too

Hope other cam models read this post, take it to heart and follow your lead... Great Job!

I did NOT throw any elderly people down any stairs or escalators....today :?

Attachments

• stairs fall.jpg
    stairs fall.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 270
Good for you! Can't wait until I can move out of Ohio. :icon-cry:

LaylaLux said:
wow so neat! Ive always wanted to go skydiving!!

I would say my biggest accomplishment would be moving my family out of ohio. An array of bad luck happened and i needed a major change! My husband lost his job due to blowing out his back and knee .. and then the construction world took a major hit .. we both worked installing insulation... no jobs .. no money to survive .. we were the poorest of poor literally living off baked potatoes and ramen noodles! We owned a street bike at the time that we loved ...but being parents we hardly used it anymore .. we decided to sell it and make the big move!

We arrive in Florida jobless with only the money from selling the bike .. i really then got into the camming world a lot more and was able provide my family with everything they need and even started college! I am now a second year business major with a 3.8 GPA!

This is a 360 from where we were two years ago .. my next accomplishment will be buying my own house when i graduate college in 2 yrs .. thats my next goal!

thanks bravo & staci!

Im hoping to help my hubby start school soon bc the only trade he knows he can no longer do bc of his injuries .. he feels bad being a "stay at home dad" I LOVE IT but he does not lol i tried for disability but got denied bc they basically just want to hop him up on pain pills .. bc yea doing construction high off your ass on pain meds is totally safe .. right?!

I never knew there were so many ohio cam girls Staci! When i was there i couldn't fine ONE! I lived in the suburbs of cleveland for 23 years and its a great feeling to be out of there lol ok im kind of off topic on this thread now but

come one ladies share you accomplishments! I kno u have some lol

SophiaLocke said:
What a fun idea for a thread!! i'm especially impressed with the school accomplishments. i did fine in school, but had a rough time with motivation. Good for you guys :)

i decided a while ago after doing my first tandem skydive that i wanted to try and get certified so i could jump on my own. It was terrifying for at least my first 6-7 jumps, but after a few thousand dollars and months of driving 2 and a half hours each way to the dropzone each weekend, i finally made my goal and became certified to jump anywhere in the world on my own. i've now done 11 total jumps and am really proud of myself for doing something that truly scared me. This was one of my favorite jumps:

how high do you jump from?! *skydiving noob here*

we have a place not too far that charges 200$ for class and one jump and ive really wanted to do it .. i just dont want to pee my pants strapped into some guy haha

Reactions: SophiaLocke
LaylaLux said:

we have a place not too far that charges 200$ for class and one jump and ive really wanted to do it .. i just dont want to pee my pants strapped into some guy haha

It's amazing, you should go!! It feels nothing like you think it will. Getting out of the airplane is the hardest part, and the guy does that for you anyway :D

i've done 10 of the jumps at 13,000 feet and one at 18,000 with supplemental oxygen on the plane. i wouldn't recommend the 18,000 - it's too fucking cold up there and that hurt my face (at least for me).

SophiaLocke said:
i've done 10 of the jumps at 13,000 feet and one at 18,000 with supplemental oxygen on the plane. i wouldn't recommend the 18,000 - it's too fucking cold up there and that hurt my face (at least for me).

That's awesome. I'm going to do my 8th jump this weekend! I'm hoping to finish the advanced free fall program next year to become certified. The highest I have done so far is only 12,500 but I would love to try a HALO jump sometime soon. However, I don't know of anyplace near me that offers that type of jump so I will likely have to travel to a U.S. dropzone.

———

For anybody who has ever thought about doing a jump...just DO IT. It's an experience of a lifetime. Believe it or not, statistically speaking it is actually safer than driving a car. :cool:

Reactions: SophiaLocke
LaylaLux said:
SophiaLocke said:

There are some guys that would pay you to be that guy that you are strapped to :lol: :lol: and yeah, I'm gonna pass on the skydiving, go figure, I'm not a short guy and I am TERRIFIED of heights. I have enough trouble convincing myself that it's safe to be inside of the plane, forget about going near the door when it's up in the air.

Growing up I had a really bad speech impediment. I used to stutter and talk crazy fast. My parents thought that I would grow out of it and correct itself but it never did. After graduating college for the second time I spent a few months seeing a speech therapist who specialized in adult speech problems. After a few lessons and some homework I managed to correct a 25+ year problem. This was in the spring/summer of 2009.

Fast forward to June 2011. I was asked to give a short 3-5 minute speech at my alma mater's graduation ceremony on the benefits of being an alumni. In front of 600+ people, including former teachers, my parents and the president of the school, I completely nailed the speech. I didn't stutter, I didn't get nervous, the audience laughed at my jokes. I received major props for it, even receiving a handshake from the school president.

WOW, I sort of feel like, any sort of communicating ones accomplishments is crass and unbecoming. (I know that this view is not correct, because I don't find it crass or unbecoming in others, just personally, it is very hard to do.) That said, I would also like to say that I have enjoyed reading the post here. Also, I think these are all things you should be proud of, even if some of them are what we should do. (Throwing old people down stairs, may be popular in some circles, but never really acceptable behavior, I think.)

I would especially like to comment on ViruSphere managing to pull off the public speaking. I have spoken at counsel meetings, and on local TV broadcast, and have never really pulled it off with out a stammer or two. It, is a very hard thing to do in my experience, that without any prior speech impediments.

Also, LaylaLux for moving somewhere, with out any thing to move to. This kind of relocation is often the needed motivation in our lives, but more often is too frightening.

Which gets us to the tough part for me. After my release from jail in 1997, I moved from N. Ca. to Austin Tx. with absolutely no reason to do so, except that I had spent a year there 15 years before, and was very fond of the physical beauty of the Tx hill country. Oh, and I also knew that staying in N. Ca. would enable me to keep the life style that had got me locked up in the first place. In 2001, I received one of seven awards given by the city of Austin that year, for my volunteer work.

I am proud of the work I did, but less proud that it has been many years since I have given service of myself. I hope to find myself more giving in the near future. I truly miss working, for no other reason, than to help others who are in need. Anyone who have not had the experience, should.

It's ironic &funny how my 2 greatest accomplishments involve quitting. :lol:

I'd say my greatest accomplishment is that it's been almost 2 solid years since I quit smoking cigarettes! I had been smoking for a little over 6 years - not as long as most but was still a struggle to quit! I am happy I did it and I'll never ever smoke a dirty fag ever again! I encourage anyone and everyone to quit.. FOOD taste so much better!

I also quit drinking alcohol, it's been since early August. With the exception of my birthday and holiday of course!

I'd say battling those two addictions are quite the milestone!

But for something fun and crazy... I met my favorite rapper back in June! :h: He kissed me and said I was cute! :dance:

Bravo MiniMinouu!!!... quitting tobacco and alcohol is quite an accomplishment!!!

I know how tough quitting nicotine is... I smoked for 17 years and it took me 2 years of seriously trying to eventually quit... that was a long time ago and I have never looked back...

I would also encourage any smokers reading this to quit asap.... I not only have better taste buds and health now but I took the money I saved by not smoking and used it to help me buy my first house... it was money that I would have otherwise wasted on smokes...

My biggest accomplishment is that I got out of a destructive relationship in time. I lived with him for 4 years, I didn't have a job, no money, no were to go. And because of him threatened to kill my cat, I didn't want to leave her there. But I did it. I ended it in time. He never touched the cat. I still don't have a job, or a place to live. But my cat lives with my mother for now. Me and my new boyfriend is looking for an apartment. I'm going to give cam modeling a chance. And I'm going to study the subjects that I missed because of how often I couldn't go to school because of how he made me feel. So I think things will turn out just fine. Now I just want to find an apartment, move in with my bf, and take home my cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.