AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ACF Update in the works, need input! Poll:

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you prefer a light theme, or dark theme?

• Light theme

Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Dark theme

Votes: 55 37.2%
  • I don't mind either one, it's all gravy baby.

Votes: 42 28.4%

• Total voters

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
There is new software we need to update the forum to very soon, which also needs to include a slightly different look as the current theme is not available on version 2. Making a dark AND light theme is probably not on the table, at least not for a while.

I've already got some stuff worked out, but want your feedback on this, so please answer the poll and add comments if you want to share your thoughts. :)

Reactions: ZenHedonist
I voted light but won't be outraged if dark wins out. I also had a dream the other night/morning where I came to yours for dinner along with a bunch of people I didn't recognise and one of them spilt a drink on your carpet and then you sent me a message on here telling me that you wanted to beat them up but worried it might ruin the evening. I don't know what any of it meant but just incase it has any bearing on the light/dark decision, I felt it best to disclose the information, innit.

I like the darker one and refuse to adapt to anything else. (jk) Dark is easier on my eyes and to read but I'll fucking deal.

According to science dark type over a light background is easier to read because when there is a backlight involved white pixels emit light so letters fuse with one another over a dark background whereas black does not have that effect happen.

On the other hand if it’s dark in your room looking at a light background can hurt. Still, all you have to do is adjust the brightness of your screen which takes a second and that takes care of it.

I vote for a light theme.

Lighter background is preferable. Easier to read. I find that black background, with lighter letter is far too difficult, as the lettering gets washed over/blurred.

Reactions: Slapstick
Due to light sensitivity issues, I prefer the dark but I can always just use my extension that makes shit dark for me should we only have the light one.

I voted for the dark theme. I always use a dark theme on any site or app where its available, I find it much less straining on my eyes. Although like almost everyone else if the other side wins, its still OK it's not that big of a deal.

The dark theme feels way easier on my eyes. I've been using it since it was introduced on here as an option. I do see why many like the light theme, it does make it feel bright and inviting. But with the amount of time I spend on here the darker theme has been more kind to my poor eyes haha especially when using it at night.

Just checked out the light theme. It is very bright white even with my brightness all the way down. If it ends up a draw, maybe go for an in between if possible? So it's not an all white background with only the header a different color. Either way I'm addicted to this place so Ill always be here regardless lol.

Last edited:
Light theme ...no ... Dark theme ... no I mean Light theme ... no Dark theme ....

Look what you've done @AmberCutie ! You've put all chronically indecisive members on the spot and in a complete spin. We were not expecting to be confronted with this so starkly.

Light theme ... Dark theme .... :confused:

On my computer I don't mind either way but when I'm scrolling on my phone I definitely prefer the dark theme as it's easier on my eyes at night/early morning.

Reactions: Mara_Jayne
It looks like light is most preferred even though the votes are very close.

I will do my best to make a dark theme as an option, but will focus on the light theme for default and first to launch. I don't want it to be an all white background, I find that to be murder on my eyeballs. The light theme that's currently the default now is actually not white, it has some off-white/grey/light blue backgrounds. From the sounds of it that is still too bright for some so I'll see what I can do.

We'll also be getting new post rating emojis and slightly tweaked layout, it's going to look clean and beautiful.

What is involved in developing a theme? I am not familiar with the forum software you are using, but I assume a "theme" is just a few (one?) CSS files. I would assume that there are lots of CSS experts here that might be willing to lend a hand. If using Less or SCSS it should be "easy" to develop a light theme that can be easily modified into a dark theme.