AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice for new models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Fairy_ said:
Hey, I'm trying to look through here to find information on a slave request. Someone just asked me what steps they would need to take to be my slave and this is new to me but I'm intrigued. I know there are topics on here for that but so far I haven't been able to find them. Thanks for the help!

It's pretty late in the game to address this, but I felt compelled to add in my :twocents-02cents: to this dynamic, because it seems that after 50 Shades of Grey and other books that have helped bring more awareness into the Fetish world and BDSM world, that it may still be a really new, weird, and overwhelming thing to alot of models.

I am in no way working for this website or anything, and I hope it's ok I mention this website, but I have been a fan of Fetlife.com for several years now. It's basically a Kinky type of social media/facebook, and there are tons, tons, and TONS of forums and friendly people offering to give advice on ANY and ALL types of fetishes. It's also neat, because you can create a profile, and obviously create links to your MFC and other CAM profiles, and get yourself out there for more people to find you, hence getting a bigger clientele.

I'm still extremely new, working on my model status right now with ACF and MFC, but I feel this is a big Niche that not everyone will be into, but if you take the time to research just like we do here on the ACF... it will be extremely beneficial to myself and others...

Cheers.

Kylie

K_Luxxe said:
I am in no way working for this website or anything, and I hope it's ok I mention this website, but I have been a fan of Fetlife.com for several years now. It's basically a Kinky type of social media/facebook, and there are tons, tons, and TONS of forums and friendly people offering to give advice on ANY and ALL types of fetishes. It's also neat, because you can create a profile, and obviously create links to your MFC and other CAM profiles, and get yourself out there for more people to find you, hence getting a bigger clientele.

I'm still extremely new, working on my model status right now with ACF and MFC, but I feel this is a big Niche that not everyone will be into, but if you take the time to research just like we do here on the ACF... it will be extremely beneficial to myself and others...

Cheers.

Kylie

No worries! It's fine to talk about Fetlife, and other camming related sites. I toohave a profile there, and agree that it's a great site for delving into kink. There was even a thread made for it a while back!

Always get paid in advance. Always get paid in advance. ALWAYS GET PAID IN ADVANCE.
I learned that the hard way and believed a guy my first day who said it takes a while for offline tips to register. I ended up doing a skype for free.

Thanks so much for sharing all this wonderful information. Once I am verified, I will be practically living on this site for a while until I feel prepared to officially start camming. You ladies rock

Reactions: ACFFAN69
This is really great info to share! I feel like i may have screwed myself - as I was a new model LAST year, took a break for almost a year and now with a cam score of 755 - I'm trying to work my way back up...:sweating:

• Hugs
Reactions: ACFFAN69
i've been reading this thread over and over ... so much good information in here. i've been camming for three days so far with mfc and i'm hooked! i've cammed before with imlive.com but i much prefer the atmosphere of mfc. many thanks!

I'm so glad this is here; thanks to everyone who contributed. I'm going to start camming in a few days, but in the meantime I'm learning all I can. It's great to hear from those who have experience and know the general ins and outs, so I can avoid making as many mistakes as possible.

Thanks again everyone :)

Reactions: Missmisha
So happy to have found this forum. I've been researching like crazy before I start camming, I want to at least pretend I know what I'm doing for my first show :) Thanks everyone for sharing and helping the newbies out.

All of this info is greatly appreciated! I love that women can come together to help other women be successful- instead of viewing them as competition. About to start camming soon- just waiting on my new laptop to arrive. Nervous but very excited! Wish me luck:)

All of this info is greatly appreciated! I love that women can come together to help other women be successful- instead of viewing them as competition. About to start camming soon- just waiting on my new laptop to arrive. Nervous but very excited! Wish me luck:)
Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do great!

Be wary of female MEMBERS (non-models) that message you, asking you if you're sexually in to women, [...]these members can actually be males posing as females in order to get more of an inside-scoop girl-talk lesbian kind of relationship with models.
Thanks so much for posting this advice. PMs from men posing as women were a running theme in my first weeks on cam. If I hadn't known how common this was, I might have wasted a lot of time listening to bad advice from non models.

Ummm... HELP!

I'm not sure where else to put this but I'm worried. I don't have verified camgirl status yet and I hope its ok...

I was doing a show tonight on MFC... This guy posted a graphic on my wall, which I thought was cute & sweet & everything... It was like a play on a Playboy cover. But, he added some of his own personal text to it that said different things like "college girls" & whatever... And at the bottom, the last fake headline says "Confessions of a privacy thief"

like wtf ?? I cant imagine this would mean anything else except that he has stolen my privacy, correct? which would mean he hacked me... I don't know what to do! do I report him? how do I find out if someone has gotten through to my computer? can someone point me in the right direction? I'm freaking out

My friend is telling me I'm overreacting but I don't see what else he could mean by that. Is there any program out there to protect me now ? Or am I too late?

Ummm... HELP!

I'm not sure where else to put this but I'm worried. I don't have verified camgirl status yet and I hope its ok...

I was doing a show tonight on MFC... This guy posted a graphic on my wall, which I thought was cute & sweet & everything... It was like a play on a Playboy cover. But, he added some of his own personal text to it that said different things like "college girls" & whatever... And at the bottom, the last fake headline says "Confessions of a privacy thief"

like wtf ?? I cant imagine this would mean anything else except that he has stolen my privacy, correct? which would mean he hacked me... I don't know what to do! do I report him? how do I find out if someone has gotten through to my computer? can someone point me in the right direction? I'm freaking out

My friend is telling me I'm overreacting but I don't see what else he could mean by that. Is there any program out there to protect me now ? Or am I too late?

Relax. He hasn't hacked into your computer. It's just an emote he made up at some silly website. he ran out of stuff to say and thought it would be funny to add that last line.

By the way, he also posted the picture on your profile. If it still really bothers you, you may want to delete that post and then turn your message wall settings to strip all links.

Reactions: Gen and AnneDVille
ok ty I will do this

He sent me a bunch of mfc & mail and then looks like he erased his profile so maybe i did overreact but still that's creepy and i don't like the crap

Last edited:
well said evvie your advice has been so helpful !!!!! I am a new mfc model and havent been very successful since I lost my new model status. my camscore has dropped from 1200 to.... brace yourselves.... 435 in less then 2 weeks !!!!!! I have been trying everything to get my camscore up but nothing I have been doing seemed to be working. Thank you for your tips and tricks to become a successful model !!!

Heyo,
I'm a brand new model who just started on Monday. I work most weeknights, and I won't be able to get on cam next until Friday afternoon or Sunday night. Do you think the days off will damage my new model status? I've had a lot of additional commitments added in my daily schedule lately, so I haven't decided on a set cam schedule, although I understand it's something I'm going to have to settle on in the VERY near future.

Heyo, I'm a brand new model who just started on Monday. I work most weeknights, and I won't be able to get on cam next until Friday afternoon or Sunday night. Do you think the days off will damage my new model status? I've had a lot of additional commitments added in my daily schedule lately, so I haven't decided on a set cam schedule, although I understand it's something I'm going to have to settle on in the VERY near future.
New model status used to be a factor of how many hours you have been broadcasting, but now it's set by members based on when you started broadcasting. For example, if someone sets it to 7 days, then you'll no longer show up as a "New Model" after a week. If they have it set to 1 month, however, then you'll still show up as "New".

Success on MFC, especially for new models, depends a lot on how much time you can commit, and how consistent you are. If members find you once when you're new, and then come looking for you again and don't find you, they can lose interest. That said, if you're good at entertaining a room, in the long run, having had a difficult start won't matter much. A lot of models have recovered from a slow beginning and gone on to great success.

In the meantime, f you don't have a regular schedule you can stick to, you may be better off on a privates-oriented site like Streamate until you do.

Reactions: MonkeyButt
Ooh, yikes, I remember reading something here about new model status lasting for 10 hrs of broadcasting time...I'm a new model too and some unexpected things came up (I live at home and was trying to work around parents' sched) and its been over a week since my last broadcast, and I was more or less relying on that 10 hr limit (I've logged about 5 hours total so far) as a safety net. I'm finally going to be able to go online later today around 10am CDT, so here's hoping that I hit the ground running just as fast as I did on Day 1.

Fun fact! I am a Ukie too! *fist bump* Слава Україні!

I do have a question about new model status on MFC. I keep reading that it's no longer based on your first ten hours of broadcasting. I made my profile a month or two ago but I haven't broadcasted yet because I mainly broadcast on chaturbate. I've been wanting to start on MFC. Will I have new model status because I haven't broadcasted yet or is it based on when I created my profile?

I do have a question about new model status on MFC. I keep reading that it's no longer based on your first ten hours of broadcasting. I made my profile a month or two ago but I haven't broadcasted yet because I mainly broadcast on chaturbate. I've been wanting to start on MFC. Will I have new model status because I haven't broadcasted yet or is it based on when I created my profile?

@Rox240 According to responses from the thread below, your new status clock begins the second you start broadcasting. If you haven't broadcasted on mfc yet, your new status should be fresh. Check the forum thread below for more info on the matter...

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/understanding-new-model-status.16301/

Last edited:
Update: According to my bf who was watching yesterday, I maintained my new model status all day and lost it last night. So...idk what to tell you. 10hrs apparently is still a thing?

This is absolutely amazing thank you so much for this post I can't even explain how much this has helped me. Evvie you rock

Everything on this thread is sooo helpful! Thanks everyone!

I have been camming for a while on SM. I have a nice fan base building there and I love it. I tried MFC for the first time a few days ago and it did not go well. I had no real goal or game planned, I was still figuring out buttons and settings, and I had no control over my room. I made 100tkns, members were rude, and my experience was horrible. I retried two nights ago and it went so much better. I had a game planned, I was more myself, and I had control over the room. I didn't make my token goal, but members had fun with my game and I got taken pvt for an hour.

All the advice on ACF has really helped. I still have so much to learn, but this forum gives a great starting place for new camming girls.

Xxx

Reactions: Sevrin and Gen
Such an amazingly helpful post. Up in the air now about who to start with. I'm thinking of giving chaturbate a shot first. I just really want to start out strong! Anyone else going through the start up process as well?