AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice needed - Getting the feels for cam-girl/online friend

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Advice needed - Getting the feels for cam-girl/online fr

MyNameIsJD said:
The rules I laid out are:
"1. Here's the scenario."

"2. Here are my two questions. Please stay on topic."

"3. Don't be judgmental, rude, or troll."
I don't think you realize how a forum works... YOU don't make rules for what can and can't be posted. :lol: No matter whether you started the discussion. Imagine if someone were in person, talking with you, and getting angry that the conversation was straying off topic. That's nuts!

I don't think anyone's trolled you. And though some have been harsh, nobody's even judged you.

this thread got weird fast

Dude, just fucking stop.

NIoUQoZl.png

Such a strange escalation of events. I read the OP and was like oh hey, this guy speaks pretty well, people will reply and this will go fine.

He requested no flaming in the OP, and people were pretty friendly in their replies. Then he starts getting all psycho on anyone who goes off topic or shares a bit of opinion, and creates the flame storm (which actually was not very bad) himself! Everything was going fine until his inner control-freak kicked in.

He must be very untrained on how the Internet works.

Just for the record:

This is a public forum. Replies posted are not only to help/respond to the OP, but to help people who read it in the future if they're searching for similar information. People are free to reply with opinion and off topic notes so long as it isn't something completely harmful. Only the completely harmful stuff should be flagged/reported for "administrative review". And even then, I will make my judgment on whether it's worthy of deletion or a warning. Don't be a control freak about what replies are "allowed" in a thread. Just because you started it doesn't mean you control what happens in it.

MyNameIsJD said:

A significant number of people have been able to do this and have offered cogent advice, not all of which I will be taking, but I have thanked everyone who has abided by it. If this isn't something you feel comfortable doing, remember you are not obligated to comment. If you still choose to comment, evaluate your motives. Are they to satisfy some selfish part of you that has taken offense to the situation I'm in and/or the way I would like to receive feedback? If yes, please move along. Otherwise, be polite and stay on topic.

No advice given. Couldn't care less about original topic. Geez, you're an adult. Want to get together, ask her. If she says no, you know. Don't want to risk it, then go find someone off the internet. But there will still be risk there. So I'm not sure you could handle it either way.

Now, on to way more important questions that finally got me to post in this thread.
Why have I not seen this avatar before now? It's amusing me to no end!

And now I'm really curious if i'm going to show up on a report for Amber by hitting submit like I'm about to do...

Attachments

• Screenshot - 10_1_2014 , 12_21_11 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 10_1_2014 , 12_21_11 PM.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 250

AmberCutie said:
Such a strange escalation of events. I read the OP and was like oh hey, this guy speaks pretty well, people will reply and this will go fine.

He requested no flaming in the OP, and people were pretty friendly in their replies. Then he starts getting all psycho on anyone who goes off topic or shares a bit of opinion, and creates the flame storm (which actually was not very bad) himself! Everything was going fine until his inner control-freak kicked in.

He must be very untrained on how the Internet works.

Just for the record:

This is a public forum. Replies posted are not only to help/respond to the OP, but to help people who read it in the future if they're searching for similar information. People are free to reply with opinion and off topic notes so long as it isn't something completely harmful. Only the completely harmful stuff should be flagged/reported for "administrative review". And even then, I will make my judgment on whether it's worthy of deletion or a warning. Don't be a control freak about what replies are "allowed" in a thread. Just because you started it doesn't mean you control what happens in it.

I count at least 4 rules broken here Amber, you're in big trouble when the OP sees this!

JerryBoBerry said:
MyNameIsJD said:

A significant number of people have been able to do this and have offered cogent advice, not all of which I will be taking, but I have thanked everyone who has abided by it. If this isn't something you feel comfortable doing, remember you are not obligated to comment. If you still choose to comment, evaluate your motives. Are they to satisfy some selfish part of you that has taken offense to the situation I'm in and/or the way I would like to receive feedback? If yes, please move along. Otherwise, be polite and stay on topic.

No advice given. Couldn't care less about original topic. Geez, you're an adult. Want to get together, ask her. If she says no, you know. Don't want to risk it, then go find someone off the internet. But there will still be risk there. So I'm not sure you could handle it either way.

Now, on to way more important questions that finally got me to post in this thread.
Why have I not seen this avatar before now? It's amusing me to no end!

And now I'm really curious if i'm going to show up on a report for Amber by hitting submit like I'm about to do...
No, in reply to my "just fucking stop" post, he asked me to delete his account. Which of course I won't do, but did ban and deactivate him.

AmberCutie said:
No, in reply to my "just fucking stop" post, he asked me to delete his account. Which of course I won't do, but did ban and deactivate him.
Aw, bummer. :sad5: Always late to the fun. Still amused by Pikachai's avatar though.

PunkInDrublic said:
Rule 1: Tell me that what I'm planning on doing is ok

Rule 2: If you don't tell me what I want to hear(but holy shit did he need to hear it) you are a judgmental troll
Beat me to it!

... I din't even get a gosh darn thank outta him and I was super on topic. *grumble grumble* :lol:

When I enter a thread and see a post made by someone with a "Banned" ranking, it's usually easy to guess from the first post why the poster ended up getting banned, so I lose interest in reading the rest of the thread. I have to admit that with this one, I couldn't quite figure out what happened and had to find out how the train was going to crash. :-D

JerryBoBerry said:
Aw, bummer. :sad5: Always late to the fun. Still amused by Pikachai's avatar though.

LOL
It's how I feel about everything
My general stance on things
My feelings about that guy in particular
I'm mid burp in case you were curious
I know you are

Pikachai said:
JerryBoBerry said:

LOL
It's how I feel about everything
My general stance on things
My feelings about that guy in particular
I'm mid burp in case you were curious
I know you are

Ha! Every time I've seen your avatar I've always wondered if it was a burp. :lol:

Almost every post here responding to the OP, were gems in terms of advice/ comments.
Having feelings for a model is hard on a member. As GemmaMoore suggested he is at risk of doing something crazy in front of his favourite due to the feelings for her.

ACF will always get these kinds of threads every now and then. Other forums can be too critical of models so those not against camming tend to come here for advice. Sadly those responding can only tell them that it depends on the relationship between model/ member and offer fair warning of the possibility of rejection in some way.

My advice to anyone with feelings for a model:
1. It is normal when you spend so much time with someone you like to develop feelings for them in some way. If you are going to share these, be specific, i.e. I really like [this] about you. This is for you and them, stops you going too crazy or romantic about them.

2. Being a regular, even sharing personal information, is no guarantee of a model liking you in return.
Sharing is a matter of trust, not friendship, I have plenty of models personal details (names, addresses, bank details, personal information), and many shared experiences/ personal stories, this does not in itself make them my friends.
As a member I was an irregular supporter to those I liked, not a regular, this means that I get to hear about those who are from the model herself. I can't count the number of times a model has told me about how one of hers annoys her. The regular will have no idea, and he shouldn't assuming he keeps to the model/ member relationship. It would be selfish and a little disrespectful for the model to share this, so she does her best to keep that member happy.
For those who develop feelings, they tend to remain blind to things such as this. Members need to keep in mind the model doesn't get to choose them, they try to enjoy those that come to them.

3. Be aware of the limits to any friendship (practical and emotional). Reaching them hurts.
Sometimes you meet someone simply amazing, often you will get to meet many such someones camming (either side of the cam). Keep in mind what is best for those that you admire, don't spoil what you like about them by asking for something that will hurt them.

Keeping these three things in mind I see no reason not to be free and open about any feelings that develop. A new/ deeper friendship is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.