AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Aliens..do you believe?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, without knowing the back story I'd give it a toss up as far as his intent. It makes no sense whatsoever because the two lines of text seem to be from different statements, with no connection.

Seems to be something a mentally disturbed person would spend time creating.

There is definitely life on other planets. I'm positive of that much. Whether it is a similar type of life to ours or completely different, and whether they are intelligent in the way we define intelligence, or even have a language as we know the word language, is completely unknown. I tend to think some of them probably are.

As to the other universe theory... I also kinda believe in that. There's a part of me that likes the theory that every single choice spawns an alternate timeline where the other choice was taken. I like to think that everything that could be imagined also became another universe, that then had the different choice timelines. I love the idea that there is a God who is watching all of this, to see what happens with each and every possibility.

EDIT: Forgot! I was shocked at one point to find out my brother didn't believe in evolution. And in high school, a friend of mine let me make the leap of how evolution can exist within religion- evolution is like God playing with the clay until the desired result is obtained. I guess my theory is called "guided evolution"?

Reactions: camstory
LadyLuna said:
There is definitely life on other planets. I'm positive of that much. Whether it is a similar type of life to ours or completely different, and whether they are intelligent in the way we define intelligence, or even have a language as we know the word language, is completely unknown. I tend to think some of them probably are.

As to the other universe theory... I also kinda believe in that. There's a part of me that likes the theory that every single choice spawns an alternate timeline where the other choice was taken. I like to think that everything that could be imagined also became another universe, that then had the different choice timelines. I love the idea that there is a God who is watching all of this, to see what happens with each and every possibility.

EDIT: Forgot! I was shocked at one point to find out my brother didn't believe in evolution. And in high school, a friend of mine let me make the leap of how evolution can exist within religion- evolution is like God playing with the clay until the desired result is obtained. I guess my theory is called "guided evolution"?
I think that's basically "intelligent design," is it not? Not very intelligent, if you really think about it, though.

On the many worlds theory, if everything that was imagine spawned into another reality, why would it not have spilled into this one yet? Because I am constantly imagining that. Maybe I just have bad aim and it keeps spilling into other imagined universes.

lordmagellan said:
I think that's basically "intelligent design," is it not? Not very intelligent, if you really think about it, though.

My understanding was that "intelligent design" were the people who thought that God made everything as it stands.

LadyLuna said:
lordmagellan said:

My understanding was that "intelligent design" were the people who thought that God made everything as it stands.
Yeah, they created the term intelligent design in another attempt to get judges to accept creationism as "science based." Same old bunk, new name.

Nordling said:
LadyLuna said:
lordmagellan said:

Yeah, they created the term intelligent design in another attempt to get judges to accept creationism as "science based." Same old bunk, new name.
Noooot quite. I would say they both are similar but still different. The theory of intelligent design could really apply to any type of higher being, known religion or not, where as the basis of creationism is more focused on the old testament. Beings plopped down from above. Adam and eve type shit.
Intelligent design is more open to the ideas of evolution and development but with intelligence at least behind the design in the early stages.
I would actually recommend a documentary called "Expelled: No intelligence Allowed" if your curious about it at all. Weather a person believes in something or not I think being informed and open to hearing different theories on life and the world can only be good.
I honestly don't know what I believe but I really enjoyed the film and can at least understand the ideas behind it, same as Darwinism.

JoleneJolene said:
Nordling said:
LadyLuna said:
lordmagellan said:

Noooot quite. I would say they both are similar but still different. The theory of intelligent design could really apply to any type of higher being, known religion or not, where as the basis of creationism is more focused on the old testament. Beings plopped down from above. Adam and eve type shit.
Intelligent design is more open to the ideas of evolution and development but with intelligence at least behind the design in the early stages.
I would actually recommend a documentary called "Expelled: No intelligence Allowed" if your curious about it at all. Weather a person believes in something or not I think being informed and open to hearing different theories on life and the world can only be good.
I honestly don't know what I believe but I really enjoyed the film and can at least understand the ideas behind it, same as Darwinism.
"Expelled" was a huge scam and a hoax. Ben Stein is one of the most disgusting beings in the universe. Stein and his cohorts tricked scientists into making statements that were later edited and put in the travesty of a "documentary." On opening night, they refused one of the same scientists entry into the theater--just to be pricks I guess.

And yeah, intelligent design was modified from creationism just enough (in the minds of those who created it) to make it acceptable for teaching in schools. Thankfully, some intelligent judges saw through the scam.

LadyLuna said:
lordmagellan said:

Yea, from what I've seen and read, ID is more open to interpretation of scientific data and more accepting of evolution, but it all falls back on an "intelligent designer," in most cases a deity.
God creating everything as it is is creationism. Whether they believe in four billion year old Earth or six thousand year old Earth.

But it is probably possible to interpret an intelligent designer as being an alien.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Nordling said:
JoleneJolene said:
Nordling said:
LadyLuna said:
lordmagellan said:

"Expelled" was a huge scam and a hoax. Ben Stein is one of the most disgusting beings in the universe. Stein and his cohorts tricked scientists into making statements that were later edited and put in the travesty of a "documentary." On opening night, they refused one of the same scientists entry into the theater--just to be pricks I guess.

And yeah, intelligent design was modified from creationism just enough (in the minds of those who created it) to make it acceptable for teaching in schools. Thankfully, some intelligent judges saw through the scam.
cool yer jets Nord. We weren't talking about whether or not you believed in it or if it's a hoax. It's a fucking thoery. Welcome to the world, it's full of millions of theories from all different cultures. Being curious about those theories and learning the facts about them does not automatically make you a nut job. (I know you didn't imply this but your defensiveness would suggest you feel that way) People who don't believe Darwinism might react the same... consider how stupid that is either way.
And I don't care about Ben Stein. I suggested it to further understand the basis of the thoery, not for the dramz.

ugh went from a cool trippy convo about dudes from other planets to the made up dick behind the curtain? Boooooooo! Lets get back to talking about something real - life on other planets and not something completely made up - god. kkthks

JoleneJolene said:
cool yer jets Nord. We weren't talking about whether or not you believed in it or if it's a hoax. It's a fucking thoery. Welcome to the world, it's full of millions of theories from all different cultures. Being curious about those theories and learning the facts about them does not automatically make you a nut job. (I know you didn't imply this but your defensiveness would suggest you feel that way) People who don't believe Darwinism might react the same... consider how stupid that is either way.
And I don't care about Ben Stein. I suggested it to further understand the basis of the thoery, not for the dramz.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound defensive but I see now that I was doing exactly that. I do take the issue seriously though. Intelligent design is not a scientific theory; it's proponents do not publish articles in peer reviewed scientific journals. Evolution (not "Darwinism" which doesn't really exist except in common speech) is a full-fledged scientific theory with all the weight of the Theory of Gravitation--in other words, it's accepted as fact in scientific circles. The only argument among scientists are the particulars; not that it exists but specifically how it exists.

In other words, "intelligent design" is not a "theory" in the scientific sense. I'd waver at even giving it status as a hypothesis. What it is, is an attempt to dress up creationism to make the laity believe it's "scientificky." :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
Perhaps it would be more virtuous of me to not make this post. It may serve to inflame things further. That is not my intent, but rather to inject a bit of levity. And, all the preceding BS aside, it fits like a finely machined bit of German steel.
I could not help myself.​

:lol: Thanks Cam. Levity is good. Shows us not to take ourselves too seriously, which I sometimes am guilty of. Shoot. JJ is one of the last people on the planet that I'd want upset with me, not out of fear but because I respect her very much.

Nordling said:
Shoot. JJ is one of the last people on the planet, or in the universe, that I'd want upset with me, not out of fear but because I respect her very much.
My exact sentiment, (with a tiny addition) :)

Reactions: Nordling
I once took a vacation to Roswell, NM during the 60th anniversary of the "crash" just to geek out with my Mom and go to all the events they held at the UFO museum and such. I spent much of my teenage years reading everything I could find on ancient astronaut theory, relived accounts through hypnosis, etc., until I couldn't sleep. So yeah, I guess I believe in the theory, but I'm not quite as obsessed with it as I used to be. :p

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
Nordling said:
:lol: Thanks Cam. Levity is good. Shows us not to take ourselves too seriously, which I sometimes am guilty of. Shoot. JJ is one of the last people on the planet that I'd want upset with me, not out of fear but because I respect her very much.
Hehe! Not even in the slightest upset with you! I don't believe in anything enough to be upset! :lol: I just like to remind people that all "theories" are not 100% proven by fact and evidence. The possibilities are endless. An open mind is the only reason why us humans are so fucking rad. We are capable of exploring the ridiculous and impossible yet in the end are able to make sense of it.
Go tell someone 500 years ago about the television and see how they react. Little did they know what seemed insane then was so normal no one even thinks about it now. I didn't mean to derail this thread to god, I was referencing mostly to Luna's comment about ID in relation to aliens. But then again... Maybe "GOD" is aliens? O_O Whoooooaaaaa! *bubble bubble bubble*

Oh and... Lord... bleachers, 4:00. Unless yer CHICKEN! buck buck buck!

I think it's arrogant to believe we are the only ones out there in such a vast universe. They may have the same struggles as us where technology isn't where it needs to be to travel long distances in a short amount of time to really space travel and explore. But I always like the English settlers coming to North America and meeting the Indians comparison to what it would be like if Aliens ever did decide to visit Earth.

JoleneJolene said:
Nordling said:
LadyLuna said:
lordmagellan said:

Unfortunately, while the Intelligent Design theory does allow for any sort of higher or super evolved beings to have been the designers of life on Earth, aliens for example... every single person I have ever met who thought ID should be taught in schools would take no other answer for the "intelligent designer" other than the God of Abraham. And if you tried to point out that ID doesn't necessarily say that God is the one doing it, at least in the very general points of ID, they would refuse to believe that.

If you asked most of the people who push for ID in schools, you will get the same answer. "God is the only intelligent designer." Hence, ID really is just creationism wrapped up in pseudo science to try and make people who rightfully think that public schools are not where children should be taught any religion think that it isn't a religious concept.

Again, the general principals state that it means life on Earth was designed by something else. That could be aliens or it could be the Flying Spaghetti Monster. But I think you'd have a hard time finding any pusher of ID to mention anything other than God being the designer.

As to the topic, I do believe there is life out there. I do not subscribe to the Rare Earth Theory. Even if the chances of life evolving on any given planet are billions to one, there are billions of stars in every galaxy, and thus trillions of potentially habitable planets out there.

As to if there is intelligent life? Who knows? It's definitely possible. It's possible there are life forms that have evolved physically and technologically far further than us. It's also possible that if there is intelligent life out there, it is only as far along or behind where we are.

As to whether we'll see evidence in our lifetime? I doubt it. If there are beings far beyond our capabilities, they would probably deem us a civilization too young and too violent to contact.

I do believe...........that Aliens

was a movie I thoroughly enjoyed.

Nordling said:
For sure. Reminds me of this quote:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Mr. Clarke speaks the truth. If we were to go back to the Roman Empire and show off even a fraction of our technology to them (say your smart phone with music and maybe some videos on it), they would think we were gods, holding the power of music and even people's lives in our hands. Hell, just flicking a Bic would make them think you had the power to make fire from your hands.

So, imagine what any technology would appear like if we met beings that could traverse the light years between solar systems?

UncleThursday said:
JoleneJolene said:
Nordling said:
LadyLuna said:
lordmagellan said:

Unfortunately, while the Intelligent Design theory does allow for any sort of higher or super evolved beings to have been the designers of life on Earth, aliens for example... every single person I have ever met who thought ID should be taught in schools would take no other answer for the "intelligent designer" other than the God of Abraham. And if you tried to point out that ID doesn't necessarily say that God is the one doing it, at least in the very general points of ID, they would refuse to believe that.

If you asked most of the people who push for ID in schools, you will get the same answer. "God is the only intelligent designer." Hence, ID really is just creationism wrapped up in pseudo science to try and make people who rightfully think that public schools are not where children should be taught any religion think that it isn't a religious concept.

Again, the general principals state that it means life on Earth was designed by something else. That could be aliens or it could be the Flying Spaghetti Monster. But I think you'd have a hard time finding any pusher of ID to mention anything other than God being the designer.
I think pusher being the key word here. I agree that something well thought out and scientific, I'm sorry but looking at a cell as an engineer with machinery in mind is very scientific, has been taken and abused by parties looking to exploit it, though not how it was originally intended. Just as some people use evolution as a fight against "god" though it honestly has nothing to do with that.
Again, I'm not a believer in anything but I assure you their are large circles of scientific individuals who lean towards ID and are also at the very least agnostic.
If they get it on the right, and very vague and open track it should be on I think it would be a wonderful thing to discuss in schools. Not sure we will ever see that day though... that something isn't used and picked apart in this sort of way. Open to interpretation does not exist in schools unfortunately. Kinda sucks.

Anywho... ALIENS! totes! Aliens all up in the biatch! In this case their is evidence in the form of a not crazy relative and a few million people, phoenix AZ to be more exact that I just can't ignore. Pictures, videos and eye witness reports seems pretty proven to me even if a few crazies get mixed in there.
My mom saw something the size of the united states orbiting the moon at speeds that seem swift even from earth... in the early 70's... for 15 minutes! People from all over the world have come forward including spouses of people who can't talk about it. This isn't just a story on the T.V... it's my mother. No way that was military. Where would they have built and launched something the size of the U.S from? She get's teary and covered in goosebumps when she talks about it.
:shock: oops... blah blah blah. sorry! This is a very fun and civil discussion covering lot's of thoughts and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. would be better around a table with some beers though.
You guys are cool.

JoleneJolene said:
:shock: oops... blah blah blah. sorry! This is a very fun and civil discussion covering lot's of thoughts and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. would be better around a table with some beers though.
You guys are cool.
You mean juice right? hehe :lol:

NoelleBright said:
There are 2 things that are both endlessly interesting to me and really goddamn terrifying and that's space and the deep ocean. There's some crazy shit in both of them and I don't doubt the existence of aliens for one second.

I was raised by an alien abduction roswell conspiracy theorist. pretty sure most of that isn't real, but I've been to Roswell several times, and I thought the whole thing was really interesting as a kid. now I tend to think that there are probably aliens out there, but who knows if we've made contact yet. I have a hard time actually believing in things, I am way more into ideas and theories.

My sister-in-law was on the TV show 'Sightings' years ago describing her encounter. She was part of group of 4 who were staying at a cabin nearby a lake in Wisconsin. They were out at the lake's pier when all of a sudden the nearly full moon disappeared and something that looked like a bright orange star zipped above the trees over their heads and began to dart in diagonals from one end of the horizon to the other like a falling leaf. Two other identical objects then appeared. One witness in the group took out a high beam lantern from his car trunk and flashed it four times at the objects, which responded by flashing bright beams of light onto the ground the same number of times. She also thought there was a period of missing time. Later under hypnotic regression, she remembered having a feeling of being enveloped by an intense white beam and recalled facing a form that had static electricity around it. It supposedly had a head with shoulders. :shifty:

Reactions: LadyLuna
I'm going to go off topic for a second here and point out that the kitten mitten gif going on, I am wearing the tshirt. OK now back to your scheduled programming.

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
Status
Not open for further replies.