AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

amazon taxes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2016
i called amazon and they said i dont have to file taxes for any amount of gift cards i receive? how come on the amber cutie and strpper web forums people say once you receive 600$ worth of gift cards you have to file taxes?.... im confused and dont know what to do...i have no job i just cam on skype and receive amazon e gift cards. amazon also doesnt ask for my debit/credit, social, or any information. i just put in a fake name and my email address to make purchases with my amazon email gift cards. can someone help me. ?

It comes down to whether what you received is actually a "gift" or payment for services rendered. Amazon is seeing it as a gift, in which case you do not need to worry about taxes. The only time taxes on gifts comes into play is if a single person gifts you more than $14,000 in a year, but even then the taxes are owed by the person giving the gift not the person receiving. If the gift cards are received as payment for services rendered, i.e. performing skpye shows, you probably owe taxes even if amazon does not 1099 you. best idea is to talk to a tax accountant.

It comes down to whether what you received is actually a "gift" or payment for services rendered. Amazon is seeing it as a gift, in which case you do not need to worry about taxes. The only time taxes on gifts comes into play is if a single person gifts you more than $14,000 in a year, but even then the taxes are owed by the person giving the gift not the person receiving. If the gift cards are received as payment for services rendered, i.e. performing skpye shows, you probably owe taxes even if amazon does not 1099 you. best idea is to talk to a tax accountant.

alright that makes a lot of since, however, how will they know i am performing skype shows... what information do they have to base it off of? im looking for a specific answer to this question

Last edited:
alright that makes a lot of since, however, how will they know i am performing skype shows... what information do they have to base it off of? im looking for a specific answer to this question
Honestly they probably won't unless you get audited for some other reason and they stumble on to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.