AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Wish List

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2012
I have read numerous posts on Amazon wish lists but my concern is about privacy. I have created a wishlist with a corresponding username however, how can the buyer purchase something from my wishlist without knowing my address?

I do not want to give out my address. I looked into purchasing a P.O. box but there were 5 different sizes and I'm not sure which would be the best option.
Is there another way other than setting up a P.O box?

I appreciate gift cards but I'd rather they purchase the actual gift, I feel it would make them happier knowing they purchased something I really wanted.

Thank you in advance :)

Called UPS. $15/mo for 3mo
Also, I can fill out a form stating what I want my packages to be addressed as so although they have my real name on file, I dont have to use my real name for the box :)

I do Amazon gift cards then I don't do anything for the guy until I receive the item just in case they try to scam me by sending me a fake one.

A lot of things will not ship to a PO Box, but I think everything will ship to a fedex or ups box.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I'm not certain how .com works but .co.uk Amazon sometimes will reveal the full address of the recipient depending on which courier is used the address can sometimes be seen on the item tracking from the courier, even more often with marketplace items in my experience, so personally I would think a PO box is the way to go if you don't want to risk it.

RolloTomasii said:
I'm not certain how .com works but .co.uk Amazon sometimes will reveal the full address of the recipient depending on which courier is used the address can sometimes be seen on the item tracking from the courier, even more often with marketplace items in my experience, so personally I would think a PO box is the way to go if you don't want to risk it.
It's generally agreed upon that if you use an Amazon wishlist, a member will likely be able to view the full name and address the package is being sent to. You don't have to use your real name on your shipping address (I don't and I've only had one issue), but some models feel very uncomfortable knowing that a member will find the address of a UPS box even outside of their city. Personally, I don't care if members know what town I live in.

But yeah, if you're going to get stuff shipped to you, then there is usually a high risk they will at least find out the address of your USP box.

I had a viewer wanting to purchase an item from my wishlist but when he added the item to his cart and proceeded to check out, it asked for my shipping address. So this would give me no choice but to tell him where my UPS box is located. I'm okay with that but if there's another way to make things easier than telling each viewer me address to my box, then I certainly am interested.

QTstar said:
I had a viewer wanting to purchase an item from my wishlist but when he added the item to his cart and proceeded to check out, it asked for my shipping address. So this would give me no choice but to tell him where my UPS box is located. I'm okay with that but if there's another way to make things easier than telling each viewer me address to my box, then I certainly am interested.
Didn't you add a wishlist shipping address to your account?

Some time ago, a young lady I was in a conflict with set up an Amazon wishlist. I was trying to make amends with her, so I thought I would get her something off of it. She hadn't added a shipping address to her account.

I told her boyfriend, "yo, she doesn't have a shipping address on her account." He said he would talk to her about it.

This young lady insisted that because she had her BILLING information entered for her own private purchases, that it automatically became her wishlist shipping address. She refused to add one and was probably pissed off that I was the only person who ever got her anything (I knew her home address).

If they are asked for a shipping address, it is because you don't have one entered in.

I recently made an amazon wish list and was surprised to learn that if the seller is a third party then they will ask for an address. I only add things to my list that are sold specifically by amazon.com (you can filter the sellers when you browse) That way I can be sure that I get what I want without any invasive questions. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: RebeccaT and Sevrin
I found when creating mine, that there was a risk of my non-PO address showing if it was anywhere on the account at all. I don't know how high that risk is, but I ended up making a completely separate account with my pseudonym and only the PO Box address, so that there wouldn't be a risk of personal details getting out. And if I were to run into the issue of no address for a purchase, I'd have no issues giving out the same address. Though, if I had the means I'd probably get a different PO, much farther from my home with a more anonymous city listed, but you can only do so much LOL

Reactions: emptiedglass
Re Amazon lockers - no you can't add them as the shipping destination for a wishlist, I called and asked about that recently. They have it in the works down the pipeline, but at the moment it isn't possible. I really hope they implement this soon bc that would be the best solution - a lot of the locker locations are open 24 hours, and it's FREE! No paying a monthly fee for a box!

Since Amazon is so iffy about revealing things, I prefer to stick with Edenfantasys for toys and lingerie. They only reveal the state and username the purchase is being shipped to, so it's pretty secure. The downside for some is that it's an adult website, so you can't have other types of items on the list. It would be nice if Amazon would adopt that method for wishlist shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.