AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Wishlist - "Purchased"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lora Lace

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 10, 2015
Twitter Username
@loralacemfc
MFC Username
LoraLace
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/426148/LoraLace/
Hi all,

So I was gonna post this thread in the models only section but I thought maybe some members could answer the question.
Someone told me that it's possible for people to make an item appear as "purchased" on your wishlist, without it actually being sent to you. I'm not really sure how that would work, but I just wanna know if that's true.. I always figured I should wait until the item arrived before giving the person anything, but shipping can take up to a month for me and I feel so bad making people wait up to a month.

Has anyone had this happen to them, or does anyone know if this can actually happen?

There are tons of posts about this on the forum already. Yes they can do that, and it's very easy.
Never expect anything until it shows up!

If they don't want to wait, they can send you an Amazon gift card and you can purchase the item yourself before giving them whatever reward. Just make sure you spend the gift card before giving the show, otherwise they can still cancel it - so don't just redeem it to your account, but actually spend it!

Yes, this can happen. Basically all someone has to do is throw the item in their cart or purchase the item and immediately delete it and it will move to your purchased list. It's sucky but yeah usually I'd tell people that shows cannot be done until I receive the item or they can send a GC.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lora Lace
Up until the time it has actually been shipped/ sent the buyer can cancel the purchase. Models should wait to receive the gift, most times you can trust the buyer, but every now and then you can't. If you are selling something always keep this in mind... "Buyers are liars", they always promise to purchase, some mean it, some are unsure, some don't.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lora Lace
I had to learn the hard way that people can totally do this to you. When I'm not camming, my favorite shoes are Vans, and I had this lovely pair of dark red ones on my wishlist. One of my skype contacts offered to but them for me for a show. Dude got a free 40 minute skype show out of me :(.
I don't even accept gift cards anymore. The only time I accept any kind of outside payment is when its from a regular and they won't get what they paid for til I see the money or have the gift in my hand.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
I had to learn the hard way that people can totally do this to you. When I'm not camming, my favorite shoes are Vans, and I had this lovely pair of dark red ones on my wishlist. One of my skype contacts offered to but them for me for a show. Dude got a free 40 minute skype show out of me :(.
I don't even accept gift cards anymore. The only time I accept any kind of outside payment is when its from a regular and they won't get what they paid for til I see the money or have the gift in my hand.
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that! :( but why don't you accept gift cards anymore either? Can guys scam with gift cards too?

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that! :( but why don't you accept gift cards anymore either? Can guys scam with gift cards too?
Like Gen said above if you do not add the gift card to your account AND spend some of it they can get a refund. Once you spend it they can not.

They only have to click "purchased elsewhere" and it moves onto your purchased list

I've heard so many girls talk about seeing items on a "purchased" list, but I can't figure out how to find that! For me, I just have to look at my wishlist and try to remember what was on there before! How do I get to the purchased area?

I've heard so many girls talk about seeing items on a "purchased" list, but I can't figure out how to find that! For me, I just have to look at my wishlist and try to remember what was on there before! How do I get to the purchased area?

Click Filter and Sort and then Purchased on the pop up.
GLrsnPl.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: TacoBelle
I feel so fucking dumb. Thanks, Teag.
Im a surprise ruiner so I looked until I figured it out when they changed it. I hate they dont let you view other peoples purchased items on wishlists anymore. Sucks balls. I'm nosy.

On your wish list page there's a drop down "filter" with a purchased option.

How do you get around taxes offering shows for items?

How do you get around taxes offering shows for items?
I've only done it once before and actually gotten the item. I considered it a gift since he was a regular and the gift was only worth about $50.
The scammer just happened to catch me on a day where I had the extra time. I didn't know at the time that people could do that to a wishlist, so I guess it was just poor judgement on my part.

• Hugs
Reactions: Violet Dawn
Status
Not open for further replies.