AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

AmberCutieForums Better Quoter

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kradek

V.I.P. AmberLander
Feb 3, 2012
Twitter Username
@kradekmfc
MFC Username
Kradek
So. Have you ever run across a thread that has a bunch of posts in it that look like this:

NoooBaaaad.png

I know, right! I have too. And I wondered why people just don't fix that. I thought maybe it's because it's just too damn hard to edit all that default bbcode quote crap:

BadBBCodeBad.png

So, I thought, hey, I can save repetitive stress injuries everywhere and write a little script to convert the above into this:

YayMyScrollFingerIsHappyNow.png

But Kradek, you say, I want to *induce* repetitive stress injuries dammit! Have no fear. You can override the behavior using the convenient Restore Quote button:

RestoreQuote.png

The better quoter is available here.

No Jupiters or Nordlings were harmed as a result of this message.

Reactions: Just Me
I can honestly say this has never happened! :whistle:

I edit and piece together quotes constantly by hand to get as much relevant information as possible in without replaying the whole thread in my reply. It's a pretty spiffy script, I suppose, for those who find themselves in that situation. I do wonder, however, how it would handle some situations... for instance something like the following:

Kradek said:
So. Have you ever run across a thread that has a bunch of posts in it that look like this:

[image snipped to keep things succinct]
I have indeed run into those!

Kradek said:
I know, right! I have too. And I wondered why people just don't fix that. I thought maybe it's because it's just too damn hard to edit all that default bbcode quote crap:

[image snipped to keep things succinct]
I don't think so, Tim. At least not for me. :twocents-02cents:

Okay... I'm done illustrating the type of situation I mean. Is it smart enough to parse out the quoted quotes but not my text that comes between them? :think: It's a pity I'm not motivated enough to try it. I am truly a lazy bum. YEAH... I said the word bum and I don't mean the butt!

What what?

Reactions: LadyLuna
Mirra said:
Okay... I'm done illustrating the type of situation I mean. Is it smart enough to parse out the quoted quotes but not my text that comes between them?
Something interesting; I would usually just edit the posts manually to get the text I wanted and put the appropriate quotes syntax around them. After your post, though, I was thinking what would be an easier way? Wouldn't it be nice if you could just select the text you want and have it do the quoting for you.

Well, go figure, it actually *does* that. In the Topic Review section of the posting page, you can highlight text you want to quote and just click the quote button and it will copy the selected text with the correct quote syntax to the post area. Totally didn't know that was even there.

I usually edit down to like MAYBE the last two posts quoted to give some context, but yeah, occasionally I'm lazy, thanks for using it as your example :p

Added a little bit more functionality tonight. When you're reading threads, nested quotes will be hidden automatically (no need to worry about someone editing on their own). I also added a toggle that will allow you to see any hidden nested quotes if you really want to.

BetterQuoterCollapsed.png

BetterQuoterExpanded.png

Are you saying the time honoured tradition of creating a quote mountain, which is often doubly impressive when one creates a double peaker, is no longer possible?

For shame :( Quote mountains are awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.