AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any girls in Toronto need photos taken?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2014
First off: I realize this sounds totally sketch

But, my previous thread offering my help in designing profiles went well, so I thought I'd try again!

I've been working with models off modelmayhem to help build my portfolio, and I figured I'd ask here if any girls in Toronto wanted some more professional photos done.

If you're interested I can send you my portfolio! Feel free to get in touch.

Can you share your portfolio with everybody, I'm interested in seeing it.

Edit: nice mag though.

I can only assume that if you have had any responses from models, they were in PM.
However, I have a number of thoughts on this thread if you're interested in them...
If not, I'll pound sand and leave you to it.

nessitude said:
Sure, feel free!
Okay. So this may become a bit "tl;dr" but I think there's some valid points to be considered. Bear in mind that these are just my thoughts... I can't speak for the models on this forum.

For one thing, while I understand that not all models keep their location super-duper Secret Squirrel, many do. Any response indicating interest in your offer has the potential to give away the location of models in or near Toronto to anyone that might happen upon the thread. Or if they respond privately, it may just give their location away to you... which regardless of how decent a dude you may be, is still likely outside of their comfort zone. As I said before, a bazillion models may have PM'd you... I don't know.

Exchanging e-mails with an adult performer and helping them design their profile is a whole different creature than meeting them in person and photographing them in an intimate environment. You're dealing with a community that is largely, by default (and not always without reason) suspicious of the intentions of people like you and me. And as a photographer myself who has made some rounds on MM I know as well as anyone that "we" tend to be marked with the stigma of creepers, GWC's or perverts just looking to collect wank material. Clearly, we're not all bad dudes and we work toward building reputations and references that make us worthy of being considered for work whether it be trade or paid. I am making no assumptions about your reputation.

While it's not always the case, I would assume that 90-some-odd percent of this community has a need for nude imagery.
Your portfolio contains primarily lifestyle images. No nudes. You haven't displayed an aptitude for shooting a nude model in a private environment (i.e. not in the street). Based on your portfolio, I would assume that you have no references (that have shot nudes with you) for someone to contact and verify that you are a proper gentleman through and through. And I'm certain that every model on this forum has the foresight to check references.
This is an industry where references are probably more important than portfolios... You are offering a service to adult performers.

My advise to you is this:
Hire (pay!) a reputable (Yes, you should check references too) nude model to come and sit for you. Get a model release. Take pictures. Be a gentleman. Deliver an agreed upon number of images to her in a timely manner regardless of whether or not you think they came out as awesome as you'd hoped. Keep her contact information for references (phone number and e-mail... not just her MM profile link). If you desire to continue shooting lifestyle photos on MM, I recommend keeping the number of nudes in your portfolio to a minimum but make available another avenue to display that work to prospective nude models that you contact in the future.
Repeat.
Repeat.
If necessary, repeat until models without the reputation or portfolio to justify paid time are contacting you to shoot nudes for them.
Show an ability to take lovely pictures of lovely naked ladies while maintaining a lovely (but not toolovely) demeanor. And then offer your services to the adult community... But never for free :) We get what we pay for and everyone knows it.

So that's my 11 cents. Take from it what you will and best of luck to you. :hello2:

Shutterbuck said:
My advise to you is this:
Hire (pay!) a reputable (Yes, you should check references too) nude model to come and sit for you. Get a model release. Take pictures. Be a gentleman. Deliver an agreed upon number of images to her in a timely manner regardless of whether or not you think they came out as awesome as you'd hoped. Keep her contact information for references (phone number and e-mail... not just her MM profile link). If you desire to continue shooting lifestyle photos on MM, I recommend keeping the number of nudes in your portfolio to a minimum but make available another avenue to display that work to prospective nude models that you contact in the future.
Repeat.
Repeat.
If necessary, repeat until models without the reputation or portfolio to justify paid time are contacting you to shoot nudes for them.
Show an ability to take lovely pictures of lovely naked ladies while maintaining a lovely (but not toolovely) demeanor. And then offer your services to the adult community... But never for free :) We get what we pay for and everyone knows it.

So that's my 11 cents. Take from it what you will and best of luck to you. :hello2:
:thumbleft:

Also if you need some good models in Ontario, I can send you a few names in private.

Reactions: Shutterbuck
Shutterbuck said:

This is all very true! I guess I was putting the cart ahead of the horse there haha. I understand what you're saying though.

Reactions: Shutterbuck
nessitude said:
Shutterbuck said:

This is all very true! I guess I was putting the cart ahead of the horse there haha. I understand what you're saying though.
Clearly you have a pretty decent attitude about it all which is a +1 for you :thumbleft:
Just put in the work and effort and build yourself a decent reputation. It can be done. Trust me. Some very good models on MFC have sold or displayed some of my very worst work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.