AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone else still living with parents & anxious about taxes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Moon

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 7, 2014
USA
Twitter Username
@Doll_MFC
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/12/HoneyMoon/
I googled some things tax-related recently and realized I wasn't the only one.
I'm currently 19 and I was home alone most of the day for about 4 months this summer and made $3000.
It was a great experience and I felt so good knowing that if anything happens and I need emergency money, I could cam. :thumbleft:
However, I'm really anxious and stress now because I've never done taxes before. Had a 1 month job as a waitress where I only made about $172, so I don't have to file for that.
My stepdad thinks I don't have anything to do taxes on and is planning on helping me do them for the upcoming year. This is making me extremely stressed because I don't want to say "hey so I stripped online for money" or anything like that. :woops:
He knows I sell things on Ebay but he is adamant that I don't have to pay taxes on anything I sell on Ebay.

I've already gotten a P.O. box to receive my forms whenever they are sent, so that no one will pry and open it up and see. :naughty:

This is really making me regret ever camming. I wish that I just waited until I could move out. I'm already a very anxious person so some days thinking about this will ruin my whole day. I hope I'm not alone and that someone who has gone through this can give me some advice. :crybaby:

Re: Anyone else still living with parents & anxious about ta

RosieCheeks said:
I'm currently 19 and I was home alone most of the day for about 4 months this summer and made $3000.
It was a great experience and I felt so good knowing that if anything happens and I need emergency money, I could cam. :thumbleft:
However, I'm really anxious and stress now because I've never done taxes before. Had a 1 month job as a waitress where I only made about $172, so I don't have to file for that.
My stepdad thinks I don't have anything to do taxes on and is planning on helping me do them for the upcoming year. This is making me extremely stressed because I don't want to say "hey so I stripped online for money" or anything like that. :woops:
He knows I sell things on Ebay but he is adamant that I don't have to pay taxes on anything I sell on Ebay.

I've already gotten a P.O. box to receive my forms whenever they are sent, so that no one will pry and open it up and see. :naughty:

This is really making me regret ever camming. I wish that I just waited until I could move out. I'm already a very anxious person so some days thinking about this will ruin my whole day. I hope I'm not alone and that someone who has gone through this can give me some advice. :crybaby:

Here is the good news a dependent child living at home only needs file taxes if they make more than $6,200. Your total income is less than $3,900 so your parents can claim you as a dependent.

The $172 you made as waitress is so small (and the amount of taxes they probably deducted is also small) that I'd just tell step dad. Stepdad can't we skip filing and if he looks at the rules or using TurboTax it will tell him you don't need to do anything.

That bad news is for most camsite like MFC you are considered self employed and well have to file an income tax return. You don't make enough to owe income tax but you do owe payroll taxes (also known as social security taxes) and you will owe approximately $400 :-(. There are plenty of fairly easy to use free programs like TurboTax Online which will allow you to complete your taxes without having to mail anything (except for maybe a check). They certainly are a bit intimidating to use the first time, but hell you are going to have file taxes at some point in your life, so might as well start now.

In addition to the model only information on this forum, I'd highly recommend asking Melonie on stripperweb.com . I know numerous tax professional, IRS agents, CPA, tax attorney, and when it comes to camgirl related tax question she is every bit as sharp as they are. For instance this recent thread is https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?194295-Dependent-and-Tax-Returns is similar to your question.

If you decide to cam in the future AND your parents still provide you a lot of financial help AND you keep it a secret from them then you'll need to consult with somebody like a CPA (or Melonie) because you can get them in trouble. But for this year you are fine.

Re: Anyone else still living with parents & anxious about ta

HiGirlsRHot said:
RosieCheeks said:

Here is the good news a dependent child living at home only needs file taxes if they make more than $6,200. Your total income is less than $3,900 so your parents can claim you as a dependent.

The $172 you made as waitress is so small (and the amount of taxes they probably deducted is also small) that I'd just tell step dad. Stepdad can't we skip filing and if he looks at the rules or using TurboTax it will tell him you don't need to do anything.

That bad news is for most camsite like MFC you are considered self employed and well have to file an income tax return. You don't make enough to owe income tax but you do owe payroll taxes (also known as social security taxes) and you will owe approximately $400 :-(. There are plenty of fairly easy to use free programs like TurboTax Online which will allow you to complete your taxes without having to mail anything (except for maybe a check). They certainly are a bit intimidating to use the first time, but hell you are going to have file taxes at some point in your life, so might as well start now.

In addition to the model only information on this forum, I'd highly recommend asking Melonie on stripperweb.com . I know numerous tax professional, IRS agents, CPA, tax attorney, and when it comes to camgirl related tax question she is every bit as sharp as they are. For instance this recent thread is https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?194295-Dependent-and-Tax-Returns is similar to your question.

If you decide to cam in the future AND your parents still provide you a lot of financial help AND you keep it a secret from them then you'll need to consult with somebody like a CPA (or Melonie) because you can get them in trouble. But for this year you are fine.
Thanks so much for your reply!! I'm planning on using Turbo Tax, so hopefully it's very easy and goes smoothly. Should I use the free version or buy it?? :think:
He knows about my waitressing job so I'm not worried at all about that. He just thinks that's the only income I've made this year. :handgestures-salute:

I plan on waiting to cam again for when I've moved out, so I don't have to worry about being a dependent, etc. :hello2:

Status
Not open for further replies.