AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

apology From an Idiot (potential idiots please read)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
It seems I once again have an apology to make. When it occurred to me that I had been out of line, my first thought was to leave a mfc-mail, or try a PM here. I hate mfc mail for numerous reasons. I wondered how often she came here tho? I had seen a post or two, but I could not be sure she would get a PM here any time soon. I also thought, that the Faux pas, or misstep, i had committed, most likely was being committed by other idiots every day. For that reason, i decided to post the apology in public. I could leave a simple, 'please see @ ACF' in her MFC-mail.

Now I said idiot, and that's what I meant. Not a stupid person, but a person who really has no good excuse for the error in their ways. A person, who from pure laziness of the mind, commits a dumb act. This was my crime, and I was a bit blown away when I did think about my actions. It was an easy thought process that brought me to the realization, that i had acted like an idiot, and worse, had been acting like an idiot for a long time.

OK, when I came to this understanding this morning, i imagined how i might construct a PM to the Model. It involved me walking her through my thought process, that she could, A:understand how I came to what I had done, and, B:see the absence of thought that had allowed me to come to what I had done. Though what concerned me most, was that she could see that I was indeed an idiot, and not a nut. I thought this approach would also provide that reassurance.

MY THOUGHTS in chat room
Listening to you I am overwhelmed with mixed thoughts. God your a mess, so much like myself at your age. You are so remarkably mature and wise for your age, so much not like myself at your age. You are so wise in many ways for any age. There are things you are saying, that I only came to in my 40's. Things that many ppl never come to understand. You are so amazingly brilliant, and at the same time such a mess. What is most impressive to me though, is how honest you are. (honest in the classic 'telling no lies' sense is not the correct word to use, but failing to come up with the right word, i will explain what i mean by honest in this instance.) You seem to have absolutely no walls up. You are thinking out loud, and it is pure of any inhibitions. There are no filters and your 100% in your skin, there is no part of you outside looking back, Questioning? should i this or should i that. This is why I know you would be a wonderful actor. Many ppl tend to have a misimpression of what it is to act well. They believe it is about being phony. It is not. It is about being just the opposite. It is about what you have in spades.

(It is late and very slow. I am tired and need to get some sleep. Bad_Wolfbb ((Cam)) opens tip window)

you know if I was not so tired, and I had 1000 tokens, this would be one of those times i have heard about where a member takes a model Private just to get the goal $ thing out of the way. But I am tired and don't have the tokens other than the few here I will tip on the way to bed. Listening to the things you understand just blows me away. Tip note? let me see? I have told her how good it is to hear someone be as real and straight up as she is. I don't want to sound like a broken record? (Model says one more thing that impresses Bad_Wolfbb) You know it is really no wounder that some members actually fall in love with Models. The way I was 20 years ago, and had that 29 year old me been here now, i am not sure logic and reason would have been strong enough influences That I might not have been one of those members. No matter how crazy it is that so many members do fall in a crazy sort of love with Models, the fact that they do, and understanding how they do is not hard at all. It really isn't. (types in the tip note) "And ppl wonder how members fall in love with Models. They have not spent any time in your room." (sends tip, and tip note)

Model reads tip note and says "Thanks,,,, i,, think"

Think before you send!​
imagine yourself in the models place. You may know that there is no obsession in your comment, but how is she to know that? Well she knows me, and knows I am straight up, and I wrote in chat that there was nothing meant by that. Then I said that, "i just understand how it happens", so she knows. No, she might be a little less anxious, by your reassurances, but prolly not much. Isn't that exactly what a member with a problematic obsessions would say too?

I don't know about anyone else, but my failure to see what I was doing here, was because I was not empathizing with the Model. I knew that I meant nothing by it, or rather that I meant exactly what I said and nothing more. But the fact that I am sure of my intentions means nothing really from the other side of the cam.

You know there are probably some who at this point, are thinking, all that for what? Is it really a big deal? I'm not sure, I think it probably is to most Models? Whit all the nuts that are out there, I think we should do our best to never put any one in the position of having to question whether or not we are one of those nuts, even if only a little bit.

Maybe we should use this thread to come up with a list of words that should trigger us to think.

I'll start with LOVE

Reactions: 1 person
I got fussed at once when the models here learned some of the things I say. They were of the opinion it was too much, but my good model friends like it when I say those kind of things and worse. If a women likes you then you can say inappropriate things all day long, and all you will do is make her giggle or blush. You seem to have picked a woman with whom your friendship is not yet that good with though. So I think your tip note may have been too strong in this case, but I do not think it is worth all the worry it is causing you.

Am i the only one so far that does understand this thread? hmm and nope I don't do drugs.

Take the tip note alone with no contest and imagine someone telling you:

"And ppl wonder how members fall in love with Models. They have not spent any time in your room."

It COULD be understood as how can possibly someone fall in love with models, those people just need to be in your room to un-fall or whatever the opposite of falling in love is.. Repulsed?! hehe

Besides there are many reasons that lead to writing, some of the greatest books end up being self therapies. Expressing an opinion and/or sharing a thought has never been negative.

I am confused about most of the comments above.

PS: Please don't jump at my throat, I won't survive it :D

:hello2:
I guess I'll out myself as the one this post is about... :p

I wasn't sure if the tip note was public or not. (is there a way to tell?)
I'm not good at taking compliments. (yeah, I should probably get over that in this line of work)
I say stupid things. (no filter, bb!)

I was very flattered, of course. What you said was very nice. In retrospect, I can see why you thought I took it the wrong way. Not the case at all! I get flustered when people say really nice things to me, and I'm totally awkward. Your apology is denied! Because there is no reason for it! :D :thumbleft:

Now, accept MY apology for saying something dumb to a nice comment. I would have never suspected this was bothering you! :eek: I'm a mess, bb, I can't help myself. :icon-wink: :eek:ccasion5:

FrenshKiss said:
"And ppl wonder how members fall in love with Models. They have not spent any time in your room."

It COULD be understood as how can possibly someone fall in love with models, those people just need to be in your room to un-fall or whatever the opposite of falling in love is.. Repulsed?! hehe

I dunno, it seems clearly (to me at least) to be a compliment. He's saying...
"If the people who question how someone could fall in love with a person they've never met, were to spend time online with you, they'd see that it's easy"

Basically, he's saying this girl's the shit and easy to fall in love with.
At least, that's what I took it to mean.

I can only guess, but I'm thinking that for some, typing to a forum is like painting words; a type of personal art maybe.

For those folks, the simple declarative sentence is anathema. :D Similarly, I don't understand Picasso, but I accept him as an artist. :)

Indeed, I agree with you, mynameisbob84. All I am saying is that all languages have their tricks. What is perceived as natural and normal to most could be always be understood another way. (Random example: The british history teacher. Would it mean the teacher of history is british or that this teacher teaches history of britain? Again it seems to come to the contest)

@CammiStar I am not pointing at anyone, just saying there's always the other meaning. While I do the same thing as most cam girls and take the positive out of most situations, I was a bit confused at the reactions, that's all :)

Camstory, you've been around for a while and I think you're an all-around decent dude, but I think you often have the desire or urge to make your "mistakes" with models public. I recall (perhaps a month or more ago?) a long thread where you posted a series of very long PMs to a model after you told her things that could be construed as very offensive.

Imo, you aren't a politician and neither is she, so you have no need to take these issues public and share them with the world.

When it occurred to me that I had been out of line, my first thought was to leave a mfc-mail, or try a PM here. I hate mfc mail for numerous reasons. I wondered how often she came here tho? I had seen a post or two, but I could not be sure she would get a PM here any time soon. I also thought, that the Faux pas, or misstep, i had committed, most likely was being committed by other idiots every day. For that reason, i decided to post the apology in public. I could leave a simple, 'please see @ ACF' in her MFC-mail.

So instead of leaving an apology in her in-box, you left a message directing here to an open forum post that contains your apology. Even if you dislike the MFC mail system, in each case you would have to send exactly one message.

However, I do appreciate your post because it brings up good points. In fact, I really found a lot of meaning right here:

I don't know about anyone else, but my failure to see what I was doing here, was because I was not empathizing with the Model. I knew that I meant nothing by it, or rather that I meant exactly what I said and nothing more. But the fact that I am sure of my intentions means nothing really from the other side of the cam.

I agree a great deal. I think a lot of members say or do things with harmless or good intentions, yet they end up coming across as threatening, obsessive, or mean. A few days ago I got an ask in my Tumblr where an anonymous member told me that because of my new hairstyle, he wasn't going to talk to me or tip me. In all honesty, I do believe his intention was to merely inform me that my choices were not to his tastes, but in reality, he was saying "the thing I cared about most about you was how you look, and now that your hair is six inches shorter, I won't even give you the time of day."

I think that you, Camstory, had the idea that what you wrote came off as obsessive or indicated that you were in love with the model. However, it could definitely come off as being the opposite:

And ppl wonder how members fall in love with Models. They have not spent any time in your room.

The first several times I read this, it said to me, "By spending time in your room, members will see that it is not possible to love a model."

I think you may also indeed be worrying far more about this than the model is. There is a good chance that she hasn't thought about that encounter since it happened. However, I will also say that when people show red flags in my chatroom, I do not quickly forget.

If anything, this could serve as a good warning that text is a horrible way to convey meaning.

However, I'm still of the mind that you should have sent her a message over MFC mail (because it seems like this model is more important to you than the minor irritation of sending a single message) apologizing and created a separate thread about context instead of mixing those two things together. I believe I said it in your earlier thread, but I'll say it again: If I found out someone who spends a little time in my chatroom made a big post about me publicly apologizing for something small and made all those issues available to other people, I would A) be pretty pissed off, and B), think that he is WAY more obsessive than I originally thought.

After reading this about 6 times i'm sure it can be summed up by "think before you send models messages"

I would also add think before you post it on a public forum too! :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: 1 person
So this is all about a single tip note that could be misunderstood??

Unsolicited advice for future reference... if in doubt, tip model again and say "I meant that in the best possible way" or clarify further what you meant, such as "Anyone that spends time in your room may be in danger of falling in love."

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: bob
Littlegringo said:
This is as far as I have gone in the replies so far, and maybe this is another confusing way too long camstory post. or maybe it is a long way to go to get to something that seems only importian to me. Or maybe it should have just been sent as a PM, and forget that other fools might be doing the same thing and not even know it, or have not thought it out.

BUT DUDE WHAT THE FUCK
Is the best you can come up with? And a fucking cut/paste gif at that. Are you really that fucking lazy? If you or the previous poster has a big enough problem with the confusion factor of my post to click the reply button, or any sort of problem with any post, have the originality to post a decent assessment of your problem. To me this is like kids shit. Its like driving down a country road hanging out the window with a ball bat and taking out mail boxes. Its just being nasty just to be nasty. And you the husband of a Model, if nothing else I would think you would at least respect that my post was about concern for Models and how their treated even if you thought it was a stupid concern. you know just don't be so fucking lazy when you answer this post, or do I really don't give a big shit, until you or anyone else can tell me something that I can say, "yea I see your point, my post was sort of fucked up", but a gif of Dude WTF doesn't work for me. :twocents-02cents:

CammiStar said:
Camstory, do you snort coke?

Many MANY moons ago I did, and I had this urge to talk in great detail about....anything. I think I came up with the meaning of life one night, but forgot to right it down.

Too bad I wasn't on forums back then.

ahhhh nice :thumbleft:

camstory said:
Littlegringo said:
This is as far as I have gone in the replies so far, and maybe this is another confusing way too long camstory post. or maybe it is a long way to go to get to something that seems only importian to me. Or maybe it should have just been sent as a PM, and forget that other fools might be doing the same thing and not even know it, or have not thought it out.

BUT DUDE WHAT THE FUCK
Is the best you can come up with? And a fucking cut/paste gif at that. Are you really that fucking lazy? If you or the previous poster has a big enough problem with the confusion factor of my post to click the reply button, or any sort of problem with any post, have the originality to post a decent assessment of your problem. To me this is like kids shit. Its like driving down a country road hanging out the window with a ball bat and taking out mail boxes. Its just being nasty just to be nasty. And you the husband of a Model, if nothing else I would think you would at least respect that my post was about concern for Models and how their treated even if you thought it was a stupid concern. you know just don't be so fucking lazy when you answer this post, or do I really don't give a big shit, until you or anyone else can tell me something that I can say, "yea I see your point, my post was sort of fucked up", but a gif of Dude WTF doesn't work for me. :twocents-02cents:

Yeah, DUDE should write paragraphs and paragraphs of nonsense that only he understands next time! How dare him! :lol:

camstory said:
Littlegringo said:

BUT DUDE WHAT THE FUCK

It was the nicest way I could say it, but since my reply "didn't work for you" then I'll just say what I think more directly.

Your post was "sort of fucked up"? That is understating the obvious.

While I understand, this is a forum for female cam models, and the majority of guys on the forum are cam model followers, posting something like you did, which really is your personal issue with your communication to a model, is just the basest human nature to draw attention to yourself. I understand, you're a special little snowflake that made a mistake, but writing 1049 words to say "try and think before you send a PM" (which is not just advice for someone messaging a cam model, it applies to any PM, text, email, voicemail...) just seems excessive. It is a common mentality of a "special snowflake" to feel that something involving themselves is a way bigger deal than it is in reality.

In any misunderstanding online between 1 person and another, it just seems more logical to deal with it directly than to out the whole thing on a public forum. Doesn't matter whether it is a discussion forum or facebook. And if the goal is to help other idiots, perhaps making the post make sense to people without needing to read it multiple times would help...

I would post a cute meme to describe my feelings here, but clearly that's frowned upon by the OP so I'll just say this:

Stop making things worse by 1. turning what could be a 3 sentence explanation into an 8 paragraph essay and 2. bringing it up in a public forum instead of handling things with the person you have a dilemma with (which probably isn't even a dilemma but you've cracked it up to be in your head.)

I'm really not sure how many times in the past months people in this very forum have told you that you're too wordy for your own good most times, so it shouldn't be a surprise to you that it's being said again in response to this post.

Littlegringo said:
...just the basest human nature to draw attention to yourself. I understand, you're a special little snowflake that made a mistake, but writing 1049 words to say "try and think before you send a PM" (which is not just advice for someone messaging a cam model, it applies to any PM, text, email, voicemail...) just seems excessive. It is a common mentality of a "special snowflake" to feel that something involving themselves is a way bigger deal than it is in reality.

This is how I'm starting to feel about many of Camstory's posts at this point.

The only time I think a public forum apology is necessary is when your wrongdoing occurred ON the forum (For example, if you called someone an 'asshole' or a 'bitch' in a thread). If your wrongdoing took place in a model's MFC chat, you should be apologizing to her on MFC...not making a new forum thread and putting her on the spot, possibly embarrassing her.

I find it curious how "the model" did indeed come here, say her piece how all is good, and yet some folks are so full of vitrol that they feel the need to post multiple times with whatever criticisms they can create... perhaps you should all save up your jabs for one lengthy post and then compete for the longest thread entry...... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :hand:

Status
Not open for further replies.