AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are privates a bad thing?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2017
We are a couple chaturbate, last night was kinda slow for us kinda picked up near the end (I'm guessing Mondays must be slow)

Anyways we skipped a few goals cuz we wernt hitting our goals and set 1 default goal of 300tks for sex...

Well near the end we got some requests to go private had up to 700+ in our room and we politely denied saying allot of people stuck around to watch the show and to deny that from them at the last minute I felt would have been pretty crappy...

So whats the golden rule for pvt sessions??

Thanks!

It's pretty rude to request a private of a model who is currently engaged in a show in free chat, especially one that's been paid for.

Privates aren't inherently bad, in fact they are a quite efficient way of earning tokens, but it's best to wait to take them until after the tipped-for show has been completed.

Maybe outline some rules for your shows in your bio about privates and free chat shows, or set up a schedule to take privates on days you're not going to focus on free chat goals. Privates can be a great way to make money when your room is slow / no tipping. A good chunk of my income comes from my privates, but I honestly prefer to do free chat since I am more comfortable in a group than one-on-one... that's just me though. :D

Reactions: ChainsNLace
This was our 2nd time online ... havnt set a solid schedule yet, but hopefully things will get better!! Average of 550tks a night so far...

Thanks for the insight!

Welcome!
You guys sound like you are off to a good start. Educated yourself as much as possible through forums, asking questions, researching other models/couples, etc -- but most of the knowledge you will find the most valuable you'll learn while on the job!

This is exactly my problem. recently As smaller players on MFC, some of us bid on goals, and the show progresses, only to have a high roller get in for a private just as goals are being reached. I think models should maybe carry on with the show and then tell those looking for private to ask after public chat show is finished. Otherwise most tippers lose their contribution to the goals. Does this make sense? Newcomer here as member (not model) but it seems more courteous to do something like this and also preserve good will of members who support you.

This is exactly my problem. recently As smaller players on MFC, some of us bid on goals, and the show progresses, only to have a high roller get in for a private just as goals are being reached. I think models should maybe carry on with the show and then tell those looking for private to ask after public chat show is finished. Otherwise most tippers lose their contribution to the goals. Does this make sense? Newcomer here as member (not model) but it seems more courteous to do something like this and also preserve good will of members who support you.

That's how I feel, plus if I have been on 2-3 hours working towards a room goal (not always easy!) I don't want to just walk away from that and go into a private. I always try and let people know when I am doing privates and when I am not - most people are understanding and will reschedule a time to do a private, or will join in on the fun for the group show.

I don't feel like it is fair to just walk away from a group show, especially when we are close to goal, but if we aren't and my room count is low, I will usually announce to the room that I am going on a PVT but WILL be back to hit my goal and chat! My regulars understand and will usually either wait around, or come back once the private is over, or even some of them jump in on the spy show.

I think in these cases, communication is key.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
our favorite couple to watch on chaturbate together is cookingbaconnaked

I weirdly respect their hustle more than anything

but to your original question no- going private while doing a public show would be rude

That's how I feel, plus if I have been on 2-3 hours working towards a room goal (not always easy!) I don't want to just walk away from that and go into a private. I always try and let people know when I am doing privates and when I am not - most people are understanding and will reschedule a time to do a private, or will join in on the fun for the group show.

I don't feel like it is fair to just walk away from a group show, especially when we are close to goal, but if we aren't and my room count is low, I will usually announce to the room that I am going on a PVT but WILL be back to hit my goal and chat! My regulars understand and will usually either wait around, or come back once the private is over, or even some of them jump in on the spy show.

I think in these cases, communication is key.
I think your approach is great. I don't begrudge the models making money in private, as they work hard and it takes courage to share so much of themselves online. It's just in this case some of us have supported the room for a while when it was slower and now a relatively new person has come in with more money than the rest of us combined and changed the dynamic. If she could take your approach I am sure it would work well, not just disappear for 30 minutes or so unannounced when goals are close.

We are a couple chaturbate, last night was kinda slow for us kinda picked up near the end (I'm guessing Mondays must be slow)

Anyways we skipped a few goals cuz we wernt hitting our goals and set 1 default goal of 300tks for sex...

Well near the end we got some requests to go private had up to 700+ in our room and we politely denied saying allot of people stuck around to watch the show and to deny that from them at the last minute I felt would have been pretty crappy...

So whats the golden rule for pvt sessions??

Thanks!

I think you did the right thing based on how you described it. There is no hard and fast rule about when to take privates, so some examples might help.
Scenario A. You've got 50-100 people in your room and you've been struggling to hit your goals. You finally hit your naked goal and are making no progress on your cumshow goal. The guy that is responsible for tipping 1/2 the topless and naked countdown wants to take you private. You tell him yes and tell the room you'll be be back after the private.
Scenario B. You've got 500+ people in the room, with lots of different people tipping and you are 75% finish to your cumshow/sex countdown some guy that's tipped you 20 tokens wants to go private RIGHT NOW. You tell the guy politely no. But maybe after we finish our goal we can do it, or you can schedule one with us tomorrow or the next time we are on cam.

Remember there are three types of customers on both MFC, and CB. The majority who tip nothing, a smaller number who tip a little, and few who tip a lot. The folks who tip nothing deserve the same, I don't care if they've patiently waited for 6 hours for you to have sex if they haven't tipped they you don't owe them anything. I've seen a few camgirls turn down privates, seemingly not realizing that 3 guys who tipped 80% of the tokens left 30 minutes ago. It's pretty important to pay attention to the folks who tipped a lot and its also not uncommon for guys to only start tipping a lot after they had a good private with a girl
Now CB is different than MFC. But on MFC a private (even without spying) is the equivalent of 8000 camscore (more if people are spying) that's a higher than 98-99% of the models.

Once you've done more camming and figured out the appropriate token goals, it is pretty important that if you aren't hitting your goals you log off, or do something else. Don't skip goals and just have sex for 300 tokens.

Reactions: Gen and weirdbr
a smaller number who tip a little
In the room I am thinking of the most people seem to fit in this category. So I guess you would choose Scenario A if getting support from many but needing to attend to the few at the top who want private? With notice that seems OK but smaller tippers who support goals in the room sometimes every night shouldn't just be left in the blind. Trying to figure this out as someone who would never freeload but cannot compete with high rollers.

In the room I am thinking of the most people seem to fit in this category. So I guess you would choose Scenario A if getting support from many but needing to attend to the few at the top who want private? With notice that seems OK but smaller tippers who support goals in the room sometimes every night shouldn't just be left in the blind. Trying to figure this out as someone who would never freeload but cannot compete with high rollers.

I'm not sure how this leaves the smaller tippers out? Typical privates from big tippers are 10-20 minutes. The model(s) can always come back and try and finish the countdown and many will. It is really a question of who you are asking to wait. In Scenario A one guy has spent 1/2 the money so everybody else waits. In Scenario B lots of people have contributed so the guy asking for the private should wait until the show is over.

I'm not sure how this leaves the smaller tippers out? Typical privates from big tippers are 10-20 minutes. The model(s) can always come back and try and finish the countdown and many will. It is really a question of who you are asking to wait. In Scenario A one guy has spent 1/2 the money so everybody else waits. In Scenario B lots of people have contributed so the guy asking for the private should wait until the show is over.

Exactly. Everyone tips based upon their limits. Whether financial, or personal. While it is up to the model to decide when they want to take privates, I have seen many say they won't during topics. I know some don't mind, and will accept privates at any time even in a busy room. Others won't if tips are coming steadily but will if room is low. I also know a few models whom absolutely will not accept privates since they can make more money in public chat compared to privates.

Personally, I try not to request privates during a topic as I have seen it where people leave and may not come back which ruins the money potential for the model. Other times, I might have carried a room for a topic or two and really couldn't give two shits if I hurt someone's feelings. In those cases, I'd rather just take her private and give her the tokens to prevent the freeloaders from getting a show off my money.

If people have issues with my doing that, then they need to realize that I have carried a room for a long time in an effort to get others to tip for a better show and they couldn't or wouldn't (usually the case). The models I do this with know my intentions of wanting to encourage others to tip, and appreciate the effort. So, in some cases, having a good reputation with a model, and tipping well has its privileges.

We do it when things are slow, if there is a full show going we don't but sometimes even with 1k people watching and NO ONE tipping we will encourage privates and are for them.

How much do people generally charge for privates around chaturbate though?

Just recently we changed ours from 60tks to 90tks with no recording allowed. we generally have about 2-3 private requests a show.

WOW thanks everyone! you guys rock! yea I believe I made the right call we were literally like 100tks from hitting our final goal and the person that requested had literally just came into the room!

This fourm kicks so much butt!!! I love it!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.