AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ashley Madison hack

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2012
Has anyone been following the hack of the Ashley Madison site. I’m mostly curious as to the motive(s) behind the hackers and I am amazed at the seemingly uncaring attitude that a lot of people have about personal data specifically credit card information being dumped just because they see it as an immoral act.

Im fully in favour of these people all being exposed. I hate cheaters and a dating website specifically for married people is just so wrong to me. On just about any other website I would agree with you OP but these people disgust me and whatever shit they get from this they fully deserve for being giant assholes.

Over 9 gigs of data. A tech site is talking of creating a searchable database of the hacked info.
Lots of themes going on with this hack but it's really the same as every other, internet security isn't secure.
Just heard that the hack hasn't hurt business for Ashley Madison; new subscriptions are on the rise. As they say.... there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I heard that something like 90% of all the users are male anyway, so I really doubt too many are getting any action. It's totally fucked to post anyone's personal information. Just because someone's trying to cheat on their SO, doesn't mean their freaken credit card and personal information should be released. These "moral police" are total fucking dickheads and they broke the law. They are totally in the wrong for putting people at risk for identity theft. Unlike your spouse cheating, getting your identity stolen can ruin multiple aspects of your life for a very long time!

I heard that something like 90% of all the users are male anyway, so I really doubt too many are getting any action. It's totally fucked to post anyone's personal information. Just because someone's trying to cheat on their SO, doesn't mean their freaken credit card and personal information should be released. These "moral police" are total fucking dickheads and they broke the law. They are totally in the wrong for putting people at risk for identity theft. Unlike your spouse cheating, getting your identity stolen can ruin multiple aspects of your life for a very long time!
Yeah, your right. Identity theft and credit card theft are never okay.

Isn't it just a really shitty and really creepily advertised sugaring site? Are meet ups even a thing that happen on that site?

I totally thought it was a sugaring site, too. Almost every SB I follow on Tumblr recommends it, and a few say it's the only one to even bother with.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
Isn't AM-owned site Established Men the site for sugaring? Also, CC numbers weren't part of the database, only the last 4 numbers, which a lot of sites retain.

Sugar baby. I.E. the woman/other half in a sugar daddy relationship.

maybe it's one of these sites that employ people to pose as women and chat with men to keep them on the site and spending money?
there are plenty chat-type dating/ sexchat/ cheater chat/dating sites out there that are like that.

i'm sure everyone dating site that takes money employs people to do that, to deal with the "90% are male" issue. o_O

Reactions: Shaun__
Isn't it just a really shitty and really creepily advertised sugaring site? Are meet ups even a thing that happen on that site?

I'm not sure either before the hack I had never heard of the site

• Wat?!
Reactions: MadisonGraceLloyd
Isn't AM-owned site Established Men the site for sugaring? Also, CC numbers weren't part of the database, only the last 4 numbers, which a lot of sites retain.
I didn't realize that only the last 4 digits of the CC had been released

I posted this in MO, but I feel it needs to be posted here as well.

There's a lot of men who used Ashley Madison to meet other gay men, especially in countries where being gay is illegal. They thought it was a safe way to have a relationship, and now they could be killed for it.

Also, women in countries like Saudia Arabia could also be killed for having an affair.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-lives-at-risk-around-the-world-10464546.html

It's not just assholes wanting to cheat on their loving partner. This hack is potentially life-threatening to thousands of people.

The fun thing is they have never implemented email checks, so if you really dislike one person you could have register them easily.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the long terms impacts, will the divorce rate peek in the next years? will employers use the database to check their employees honesty? how many politicians will be caught with their cock (and vagina) out?

In the Untied States military adultery is a felony and can be punishable up to imprisonment. The leaks include .Mil addresses.

Incorrect.

1. The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) does not distinguish between misdemeanors and felonies.

Source: http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/Portals/135/MJFACTSHTS[1].html

The UCMJ does not classify offenses as petty offenses, misdemeanors, or felonies. Whether an offense is considered within any of these classifications is a matter of other federal or state law definitions..

2. Imprisonment times up to one year are for the most part considered misdemeanors under the general legal definition. Source: http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1259

3. Just because a .mil address shows up in a list does not necessarily mean that the individual has committed adultery under UCMJ Article 134. You can read more about that here: http://sapr.mil/public/docs/ucmj/UCMJ_Article134_General_Article.pdf (p. IV-103)

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Guy
Just because a .mil address shows up in a list does not necessarily mean that the individual has committed adultery under UCMJ Article 134. You can read more about that here: http://sapr.mil/public/docs/ucmj/UCMJ_Article134_General_Article.pdf (p. IV-103)

All that research really wasn't necessary.

Just because any email address shows up on the list doesn't mean the person whom it belongs to ever visited the site. Email addresses aren't verified on AM. That's partly to prevent people trying to sign up with an email address of someone they suspect of wanting to cheat. If the email address showed up as being "in use", that would be a giveaway. What's more, even if they had signed up, that doesn't mean that they did or intended to commit adultery, any more than a person signing up on MFC necessarily tips or intends to.

maybe it's one of these sites that employ people to pose as women and chat with men to keep them on the site and spending money?
there are plenty chat-type dating/ sexchat/ cheater chat/dating sites out there that are like that.

i'm sure everyone dating site that takes money employs people to do that, to deal with the "90% are male" issue. o_O

Here is a website that reviews adult dating websites that do that http://www.datingbusters.com/category/scams/

I said this in MO and I'll say it out here. Cheating is only cheating if the person being "stepped out" on feels it is. MANY many many many married people and long term relationship having folk are open or Poly these days.
If a married Poly person wants to find another married poly person to date, a site like this could be a god send! It's one thing to be Poly with a primary partner, it's another to find a secondary partner who will honestly respect the fact that you are married and not looking to replace that person.

A persons sex life with consenting adults should have ZERO affect on anything outside of their bedroom or home. Fucking moral police man.

Unlike your spouse cheating, getting your identity stolen can ruin multiple aspects of your life for a very long time!
To be fair a spouse cheating can fuck up your life for a long time too. And in a lot of the same ways too. Financially, mentally, emotionally.

While I do get what the hackers did was against the law I gotta think of the women/men who had no clue their partner was a cheating SOB and now are grateful to know the truth they may otherwise have never known. I know i'd wanna know if it was me. I know it's not for sure set they did cheat physically but to me they went there with intent to find someone to cheat with. They signed up, built a profile, etc. Just cause they couldnt find someone to do it with or whatever, intent means a lot and that would be enough for me to leave them. I dont wanna be with someone who cheated or intended and tried and failed to cheat. Both are disrespectful to me and the relationship as a whole so i'd be gone asap

I also do not really agree fully it's only between a couple if someone cheats. A lot of people who spout off at the mouth about morals, marriage, homophobic crap, religious icons, etc absolutely should have their hypocritical crap put on blast and then some. It sheds light on them and their lies and knocks them down as they should be. They put themselves in the public eye and are asking for skeletons to come out. Josh Duggar (we'll leave out his molestation stuff) went on crusade after crusade acting holier than thou and i'm glad to see him busted on this. That youtube famous couple did the same shit and now he's busted. I hope it brings attention to how messed up these people who are the loudest are and how messed up it is the women dont leave them. (Cant really due to their religious beliefs and brainwashing and the shaming they would get from doing so.) And i'm sure these are just the first 2 in a long line to come from this.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Even if they ARE cheating, I don't see what the benefit of outing them is? Who is gaining from it? The worst part of being betrayed is usually knowing you were lied to and embarrassed by someone you chose to be vulnerable with. Putting a cheater out there also puts their spouse out there. Seems like adding pain on top of pain for the internets' amusement to me.

I posted this in MO, but I feel it needs to be posted here as well.

There's a lot of men who used Ashley Madison to meet other gay men, especially in countries where being gay is illegal. They thought it was a safe way to have a relationship, and now they could be killed for it.

Also, women in countries like Saudia Arabia could also be killed for having an affair.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-lives-at-risk-around-the-world-10464546.html

It's not just assholes wanting to cheat on their loving partner. This hack is potentially life-threatening to thousands of people.
The hackers leaked the data because Ashley Madison was running a scam. The majority of the female profiles on the site were fake, paid for by Ashley Madison to lure men into purchasing memberships. As for the gay men you're referring to, they weren't using Ashley Madison, but other sites owned by the same company and were simply caught up in the same data dump. And most likely, the majority of those profiles were fake too, and for the same reasons.

Anyway, the hackers aren't at fault for the stupidity of others. Men who want to cheat on their spouses through an online website shouldn't be allowed to have children. It would improve the gene pool. And when are idiots going to learn that nothing online is secure? Never it seems. If you live in a country where following your natural proclivities can get you killed, and you post your shit on a website for everyone to see, that's on you. I swear it's like no one ever heard of Edward Snowden.

Snowden is a completely different bag of bones than this stuff.

I agree only in that cheaters should not have kids if only to protect kids from growing up in broken or dysfunctional homes as those are not good examples for them. Its not like cheating is genetic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.