AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate and some general safety concerns

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2016
Hello, I created my account 5 minutes ago so be patient :angelic:

IMPORTANT THING 1:
We all know most camming sites block certain countries for your protection, but I'm not sure about Chaturbate.
This happened to me yesterday: I was on the frontpage, saw a hot girl and clicked. Everything went as usual. Then I clicked to follow her. It happens that I wasn't logged so the website took me to the login page. I logged in and then came the following message: We're sorry, but this model doesn't broadcast on your location. In the end, I couldn't follow her. I clicked on the front page while logged and she wasn't there (there was about 3000 people on her room). I signed out, went to the frontpage and THERE SHE WAS, I COULD WATCH IT AS USUAL.

So apparently, Chaturbate doesn't block location based on IP Address. I would like to see people testing it out. Indeed, the country I chose to my account isn't the country I live in. Try it, see if models will "disapear" when you log in or change to a country other than yours.

If you're interested, it happened while I tried to follow princess_yasmine. She doesn't state in her profile where is she from.

IMPORTANT THING 2:
Knowing this, I searched ways of making myself safer. Then I found Tor. Government and journalists use it to keep themselves safe, checking content blocked in their countries, etc. But the thing is: can we use these tools while camming? Has anyone tried it? Some computer expert here? I heard about models having their accounts terminated after logging in locations different from their usual ones. (After this thread I'll e-mail the Tor comunity about camming, I'll let you girls know if something interesting comes up).

Please, no "if you're concerned about your iddentity you shouldn't be camming" thing here. This is not what I'm talking about here. Remember that these sites hold your IDs, Passports and credit card stuff. Think about something like the Ashley Madison leak but instead of e-mails, the pictures we sent holding our documents are leaked along with our fantasy names. And if a website can't guarantee something simple as blocking locations, then they can't guarantee everything else. And the reason so many girls go camming and so many people consume this is because anonymity exists, this industry wouldn't exist if it wasn't for anonymity.

Thank you.

Hello, I created my account 5 minutes ago so be patient :angelic:

IMPORTANT THING 1:
We all know most camming sites block certain countries for your protection, but I'm not sure about Chaturbate.
This happened to me yesterday: I was on the frontpage, saw a hot girl and clicked. Everything went as usual. Then I clicked to follow her. It happens that I wasn't logged so the website took me to the login page. I logged in and then came the following message: We're sorry, but this model doesn't broadcast on your location. In the end, I couldn't follow her. I clicked on the front page while logged and she wasn't there (there was about 3000 people on her room). I signed out, went to the frontpage and THERE SHE WAS, I COULD WATCH IT AS USUAL.

So apparently, Chaturbate doesn't block location based on IP Address. I would like to see people testing it out. Indeed, the country I chose to my account isn't the country I live in. Try it, see if models will "disapear" when you log in or change to a country other than yours.

If you're interested, it happened while I tried to follow princess_yasmine. She doesn't state in her profile where is she from.

IMPORTANT THING 2:
Knowing this, I searched ways of making myself safer. Then I found Tor. Government and journalists use it to keep themselves safe, checking content blocked in their countries, etc. But the thing is: can we use these tools while camming? Has anyone tried it? Some computer expert here? I heard about models having their accounts terminated after logging in locations different from their usual ones. (After this thread I'll e-mail the Tor comunity about camming, I'll let you girls know if something interesting comes up).

Please, no "if you're concerned about your iddentity you shouldn't be camming" thing here. This is not what I'm talking about here. Remember that these sites hold your IDs, Passports and credit card stuff. Think about something like the Ashley Madison leak but instead of e-mails, the pictures we sent holding our documents are leaked along with our fantasy names. And if a website can't guarantee something simple as blocking locations, then they can't guarantee everything else. And the reason so many girls go camming and so many people consume this is because anonymity exists, this industry wouldn't exist if it wasn't for anonymity.

Thank you.
Tor does not support Adobe Flash https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBFlash

Anonymity is a false sense of security. Prepare yourself to be exposed or dont cam. I get you dont wanna hear that and said so but that's what it is. Yes the sites should be secured and block people signed in or not but you should never count on that no matter what. Not in this day and age with VPNs for free and IPs can change in an instant.

Just checked, the actual text is:
Access Denied. This room is not available to your region or gender.

So don't worry about it. It works just fine, if you like I can check if you tell me the models name?

Reactions: Dolly
I know MFC has a bit of a glitch too, where if you tag search, the model will come up, but if you click the name if won't allow you in the room. You can still see the avatar though. Also keep in mind that if someone has a VPN they can easily make the site think they're from a different location. Like Teagan said...it really isn't enough to just assume you won't be the one camgirl who got exposed.

I know MFC has a bit of a glitch too, where if you tag search, the model will come up, but if you click the name if won't allow you in the room. You can still see the avatar though. Also keep in mind that if someone has a VPN they can easily make the site think they're from a different location. Like Teagan said...it really isn't enough to just assume you won't be the one camgirl who got exposed.
Why would a member want to bypass geoblocking when there are already countless models on a cam site?

@Guy whelp I think no models here will ever assume you're a stalkery type thanks to that question ^.^

Problem is many either assume that the model lives there, or assume they have family there, and either try to narrow down location, or scare models by saying something about the state and family she has there. :/

Reactions: SaffronBurke
In addition to what Ann said many also use it to get around bans or when they have been blocked from a models room as well. Some are so nuts they will do it repeatedly in a night or over a course of months on end. Why? Theyre obsessive, insane, stupid, a troll, etc. Doesnt matter why really I guess but it does happen so relying on any site for your security should never happen cause it's just not possible anymore.

In addition to what Ann said many also use it to get around bans or when they have been blocked from a models room as well. Some are so nuts they will do it repeatedly in a night or over a course of months on end. Why? Theyre obsessive, insane, stupid, a troll, etc. Doesnt matter why really I guess but it does happen so relying on any site for your security should never happen cause it's just not possible anymore.
Why do a lot of models use VPNs on Skype?

Why would a member want to bypass geoblocking when there are already countless models on a cam site?

I have a VPN so I can watch the US Netflix because the UK version has a lot less content or it comes out a long time after it does on the US version, anyway one time after I was done I went on MFC and was chatting to a model I had never seen before and she asked where I was from, when I told her I was from London she freaked out and said she was from London too and thought she had the UK blocked. Then she banned me before I could say anything else, probably thought I was some creepy stalker or something, which I guess I was kind of being even though it was accidentally.

Why do a lot of models use VPNs on Skype?

Apparently on Skype you can find out the other persons IP address, then from the IP address find out where they are if you are one of the people who knows how to do that sort of thing and is creepy enough to want to. So the VPN hides your IP so those weirdos cant do it.

I have a VPN so I can watch the US Netflix because the UK version has a lot less content or it comes out a long time after it does on the US version, anyway one time after I was done I went on MFC and was chatting to a model I had never seen before and she asked where I was from, when I told her I was from London she freaked out and said she was from London too and thought she had the UK blocked. Then she banned me before I could say anything else, probably thought I was some creepy stalker or something, which I guess I was kind of being even though it was accidentally.

Apparently on Skype you can find out the other persons IP address, then from the IP address find out where they are if you are one of the people who knows how to do that sort of thing and is creepy enough to want to. So the VPN hides your IP so those weirdos cant do it.
Which VPN do you use to watch Netflix? ExpressVPN or VyprVPN? And sorry to hear about what happened between you and that model.

I also wanna know what's this VPN you use to watch Netflix! haha
And I'd like to add that I did some more research and like Tor, proxy doesn't work on these sites (you can't see video, at least on free version ones. I've already seem a model using a paid version though).
Seems like VPN is still the best choice.

Reactions: Guy
Just checked, the actual text is:
Access Denied. This room is not available to your region or gender.

So don't worry about it. It works just fine, if you like I can check if you tell me the models name?
I'm new here and I'm not a cam model but this happened with a cam girl wich we have a relation I asked her to
Quit previseocause I found videos of her in Google. She said no more work but then a month later my e mail says she's logged in I tried to enter and one I followed her she diss speared from my list then I log in with other account but the nickname says don't exist you look the nick on google she has been working with the same nick and of course the videos with dates appeared but now it says that my access to that account is denied cause if my gender or because my region question how she is invisible to me but the notifications and videos keep appearing of course no more relation cause she lied to me

I'm new here and I'm not a cam model but this happened with a cam girl wich we have a relation I asked her to
Quit previseocause I found videos of her in Google. She said no more work but then a month later my e mail says she's logged in I tried to enter and one I followed her she diss speared from my list then I log in with other account but the nickname says don't exist you look the nick on google she has been working with the same nick and of course the videos with dates appeared but now it says that my access to that account is denied cause if my gender or because my region question how she is invisible to me but the notifications and videos keep appearing of course no more relation cause she lied to me

I'm pretty sure telling someone what to do wasn't going to make them want to see you again. It's not uncommon for models(usually camming from a more poor country) to block out their own region. I've never met a romanian camgirl that didn't block out romania at least once because it runs the risk of someone they may know finding out and people don't make enough in general to be spender on sites in the first place. I remember SM itself blocked Brazil completely for awhile because it was only getting freeloaders and no money.

I'm pretty sure telling someone what to do wasn't going to make them want to see you again. It's not uncommon for models(usually camming from a more poor country) to block out their own region. I've never met a romanian camgirl that didn't block out romania at least once because it runs the risk of someone they may know finding out and people don't make enough in general to be spender on sites in the first place. I remember SM itself blocked Brazil completely for awhile because it was only getting freeloaders and no money.
MFC geoblocks Romania because of fraud/scam concerns.

Thank you is there a form of find out if she still works

Status
Not open for further replies.