AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ask-a-Fan (Questions models have for viewers)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of someone enjoying their job? Choosing to work to avoid dealing with problems at home?

Girl did that she would broadcast regulary but also hated being alone in house so she would also broadcast when her anxiety was bad.
Oh my.

Where was it stated this job can't be and isn't enjoyed?

Tbh I based it on your previous reaction.

A job can be both work and escape from reality.
That doesn't mean models should whine about their problems to members and also doesn't mean that we are there for funsies so we just forget our day to day life and "escape the reality" when actually, even if we do enjoy our work, we are working to get paid, nothing more, nothing less, we are there to offer a service, get paid for it and then pay for our lives.
I doubt any model is doing this( or any other person doing their job) because she's bored, wants to forget she has bills overdue, Or is looking for friends.
Do you go to work because you have nothing better to do?

Tbh I based it on your previous reaction.

A job can be both work and escape from reality.

I really hate to state the dead obvious but Most jobs for most people in most of the world are an escape from realities such as hunger and homelessness. And any kind of service work is a grind because you are dealing with people and their wants and often their whims. Plus, being self-employed is often precarious.

My point is that the escape from reality thing seems pretty bizarre. Unless I'm misunderstanding that phrase.

I think our understanding of escape from reality is not the same.

Escape from reality:
a defensive reaction involving the use of fantasy as a means of avoiding conflicts and problems of daily living.

Flight from reality:
a defensive reaction involving withdrawal into inactivity, detachment, or fantasy as an unconscious defense against anxiety-provoking situations. This may be expressed as a number of defensive behaviors, such as rationalisation, daydreaming, or substance abuse. It may include a retreat into psychotic behavior as a means of avoiding real or imagined problems. Also called retreat from reality.

Flight into reality:
a defensive reaction in which an individual becomes overinvolved in activity and work as an unconscious means of avoiding threatening situations or painful thoughts and feelings.

That doesn't mean models should whine about their problems to members and also doesn't mean that we are there for funsies so we just forget our day to day life and "escape the reality" when actually, even if we do enjoy our work, we are working to get paid, nothing more, nothing less, we are there to offer a service, get paid for it and then pay for our lives.
I doubt any model is doing this( or any other person doing their job) because she's bored, wants to forget she has bills overdue, Or is looking for friends.
Do you go to work because you have nothing better to do?
Where did u think I thought that I was suggesting that girls only log on for fun?
I clearly said in the first u first replied to that I knew girls do it for money but I also wanted it to be escape from reality/flight from reality/flight into reality/whatever.

Why do I think girls r on adult camming sites instead of exposing themselves for free on chatroulette like some girls do? Hmmm nah can't be because of the $!
Although if there's over 100k models each month on just cb alone then yeah I wouldn't be surprised if there were a small handful of models that r here just for shit and giggles.

Heck this topic is about what male users here think about things, I doubt the majority of anonymous users feel the same way we do.

Most jobs for most people in most of the world are an escape from realities such as hunger and homelessness.
I believe this would fall into the flight into reality, not escape from it.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Where did u think I thought that I was suggesting that girls only log on for fun?
I clearly said in the first u first replied to that I knew girls do it for money but I also wanted it to be escape from reality/flight from reality/flight into reality/whatever.

Why do I think girls r on adult camming sites instead of exposing themselves for free on chatroulette like some girls do? Hmmm nah can't be because of the $!
Although if there's over 100k models each month on just cb alone then yeah I wouldn't be surprised if there were a small handful of models that r here just for shit and giggles.

Heck this topic is about what male users here think about things, I doubt the majority of anonymous users feel the same way we do.

Where you said you wanted it to be an escape from reality for models. That's where I gathered the "do it for fun, because we want to forget that we are overdue on bills etc.".

Your attitude when someone explains what something means is a bit stinky 🙃 if you are going to go into psychology, you should be using the correct terms.

@Vixxen81 I have great respect for you that you admitted a mistake. Not many people can do it. I know it wouldn't have been easy for me. I did some great mistakes myself and I guess everyone else too. For example saying that I leave the forum was a cheap attempt in making you feel bad. And this is a great example of the fact that if you hurt people you hurt yourself even more in the long run. Leaving this forum would hurt me a lot because it is a great source of humanity, inspiration and know how. And I've grown to like some members a lot because of their sense of humor, their wisdom and their courage. Maybe I'm not interested in models birthdays and personal stuff because I can read about it here. Is this voyeurism? Maybe a little.

Maybe I snapped at you so hard because I've been looking at history a lot in the last few years. And this is full of examples when one group of people tells the other one how and what they should celebrate, what they should and shouldn't do, what is important or moral etc. We know the end of that story especially here in Germany. So I developed a reflex, getting angry when someone projects their priorities on another person. To be clear, I never put you into those category, and funny enough, I make this mistake myself sometimes. Truth is, there are millions of ways to be a good person, many of which are totally alien to me. We are all very different which is a great thing. Important is the basic respect towards any form of life even without understanding them. I'm learning.
I appreciate you taking the time to settle this with me at all. I was ignoring all of my knowledge and acting on raw emotion. You rightfully did the same thing. I would like to move forward and be on each other's side. Intellectual arguments are fantastic, emotional ones are not. I know that Germany just experienced a mass shooting of Jehovah's Witnesses that were targeted as Jews so it must really feel like hell is boiling over into a repeat of WWII. I don't wish it on any country, though by all accounts it seems as if every country is experiencing a regression in laws and rights for people who are not "the chosen one". Probably why I am so pro "we need to help each other, educate each other and support each other."

I'm still going to play the "excuse my English, I'm French" card, but it reminds me of an anecdote...

"Come and sit by the fire to listen to the stories of Uncle Hermes".
(I hope it doesn't look scabrous).

When I was young, I did an interview to work in a Disneystore.
And, like the young idiot that I was, I based my entire interview on my love for Disney, that it was a dream world, etc...

I was rejected but they explained to me why.

A Disney employee works while customers come to "buy dreams".

It's the same here. The models are not there to dream or change their daily lives.
It's their daily life!
The models are there to work and earn a living.

I love my job, but I don't do it to escape reality. I write because it's my job and I have to sell stories to pay my rent.

It's that simple.

That users want to make the working time of the models more pleasant, it's adorable. But you have to understand that they have a financial objective. It's easier to relax when they know that in addition to relaxing them, the user will allow them to achieve their goals.

But I see what you mean Highlander884. It's more in the idea of making their working day more fun, right?

The models are there to work and earn a living.
This of course, always.

I love my job, but I don't do it to escape reality. I write because it's my job and I have to sell stories to pay my rent.
True, but I could envisage that if I really enjoyed my job and had many pressing life issues going on, that my time at work could actually be a temporary escape / respite from the reality of those issues.

It's that simple.
Life is rarely simple ;) :)

This of course, always.

True, but I could envisage that if I really enjoyed my job and had many pressing life issues going on, that my time at work could actually be a temporary escape / respite from the reality of those issues.

Life is rarely simple ;) :)
I don’t love my job but I close that door on Friday night and I’ll open it again on Monday.

I don’t love my job but I close that door on Friday night and I’ll open it again on Monday.
I won't speak for any other model on here. For me, that door is never closed. I'm answering messages on OF, looking at new outfits online, organizing old outfits to turn into new outfits, looking at trends in other rooms, taking a shower, shaving, putting on makeup, doing my hair, eating enough so I don't eat on cam, cleaning my cam space, laundering outfits and calculating how much longer I can handle being online versus how tired I am and how long it will take to sleep it off. Wake up, rinse, repeat. On top of the normal errands adult humans must do.

I won't speak for any other model on here. For me, that door is never closed. I'm answering messages on OF, looking at new outfits online, organizing old outfits to turn into new outfits, looking at trends in other rooms, taking a shower, shaving, putting on makeup, doing my hair, eating enough so I don't eat on cam, cleaning my cam space, laundering outfits and calculating how much longer I can handle being online versus how tired I am and how long it will take to sleep it off. Wake up, rinse, repeat. On top of the normal errands adult humans must do.
Honestly i think this is the difference between working for yourself and working for someone else. Simplified of course, some workplaces take your soul... (when i ran an animal shelter is was 27/7. Ppl from town would call my mother in laws phone if they couldn't find me)

But in general i think those of us that run our own businesses have much less clear boundries between work time and off time. Even more so if you live in your place of work. I watched my parents go from working office jobs to moteliers and my dad had no life outside the motel. Up at all hrs of the night to check in guests. His social life was other local moteliers. Always doing figures in the living room. Motel laundry. Writing the city council for random tourism stuff.. it was constant. Our only fanily computer was in reception and the door to reception was right off our kitchen and living space. The job interrupted meals.. birthdays everything. I got up at 6am before school to deliver motel breakfasts the first few years as we fight to stay afloat. i checked in guests between homework. Xmas all us kids cleaned the motel to give the staff the day off.

As time went on, after i left home, dad slowly made more boundries. He invested in an electronic key dispencer for after hours. He outsourced the laundry. Hired a cleaning manager so my mum could stop. He's retired now but I think it was the difference between being in survival mode (we nearly were bankrupt so often) and having enough to invest in automation.

For me i know a goal is to have a separate workspace in the next few years. I want a studio away from home where i can clock in and out to give me some more separation.

Last edited:
It's not a dog pile, it's an honest push back. If you like a model why would you not honor and recognize that day? We get like four days out of the year that are just for us and the rest is focused on making them satisfied. Do they not get bonuses at their jobs or perks? Why can't we?
Wouldn't that mean that if you have a regular you should provide freebies on their birthdays?

I get that, and I appreciate it.

I was just giving my perspective of my own issues with work and how I can deal with them.

Wouldn't that mean that if you have a regular you should provide freebies on their birthdays?
What makes you think I don't? Special occasions aren't just for the model.

A fan club member has the same birthday as my husband. I worked that night because they showed up for my birthday (hubby was fine with it).

I've celebrated lots of things with people who tip me -- promotions, retirements, been invited to weddings (didn't go), suggested gifts for anniversaries/birthdays. The best was a guy was going on an international road trip without his wife and I suggested he get a Build A Bear with the voice message. He recorded his part of their good night ritual for her to listen to before she went to bed until he came home.

Me too.
But I was talking about people who *DO* love their job and perhaps have, say a dying parent, overdue rent etc .. for those I could see that perhaps 8 hours at a job they love could be a temporary refuge from these real life issues.

Honestly i think this is the difference between working for yourself and working for someone else. Simplified of course, some workplaces take your soul... (when i ran an animal shelter is was 27/7. Ppl from town would call my mother in laws phone if they couldn't find me)

But in general i think those of us that run our own businesses have much less clear boundries between work time and off time. Even more so if you live in your place of work. I watched my parents go from working office jobs to moteliers and my dad had no life outside the motel. Up at all hrs of the night to check in guests. His social life was other local moteliers. Always doing figures in the living room. Motel laundry. Writing the city council for random tourism stuff.. it was constant. Our only fanily computer was in reception and the door to reception was right off our kitchen and living space. The job interrupted meals.. birthdays everything. I got up at 6am before school to deliver motel breakfasts the first few years as we fight to stay afloat. i checked in guests between homework. Xmas all us kids cleaned the motel to give the staff the day off.

As time went on, after i left home, dad slowly made more boundries. He invested in an electronic key dispencer for after hours. He outsourced the laundry. Hired a cleaning manager so my mum could stop. He's retired now but I think it was the difference between being in survival mode (we nearly were bankrupt so often) and having enough to invest in automation.

For me i know a goal is to have a separate workspace in the next few years. I want a studio away from home where i can clock in and out to give me some more separation.
Exactly this. I have a spare bedroom I want to turn into a cam room and get it out of my living room. I stare at it all day and it's the first thing I see when I come downstairs. Oh, right...there's work to be done.

Me too.
But I was talking about people who *DO* love their job and perhaps have, say a dying parent, overdue rent etc .. for those I could see that perhaps 8 hours at a job they love could be a temporary refuge from these real life issues.

Totally agree. I guess it’s symbolic in my own head closing that door until I have to open it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.