AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ask-a-Fan (Questions models have for viewers)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I said I wonder how many because I honestly don't have any idea and I was curious. I've only interacted with probably .001% of the models out there. As to the wording have you ever thought about something and said to yourself "Hmm I wonder....".
No, because I clearly always put my foot on my mouth before wondering. Working on that. Sorry again.

Think most loyal regulars just want a happy bday reply.
I purposely never give out my b-day and lock down any of my profiles so no info can be seen by any prying eyes.
I may be a loyal regular in some rooms, but my b-day means nothing (online).
That's just my view of the online cam-world.

But if anyone really wants to know, it's June 31st and I'm 1300+ years old.

First off there's no argument, it's a discussion. Second of all, if you view your role as a user like that...please leave.
I'm sorry, it was a (bad/uncle) joke from me.
See me like a Chandler on this. I'm a nice guy but sometimes very clumsy...

I thought there was some tension and I try to make people laugh. I'm sorry and hope you don't keep a bad image of myself.

Actually, I'm very respectful of models as I see all the work you have to do beside the show.

To sum up :
I am really sorry.
I misinterpreted the situation.
I make stupid jokes.
I am really sorry.
And I often apologize.
And I keep making lame jokes.

matthew perry lol GIF by Beamly US

I'm sorry, it was a (bad/uncle) joke from me.
See me like a Chandler on this. I'm a nice guy but sometimes very clumsy...

I thought there was some tension and I try to make people laugh. I'm sorry and hope you don't keep a bad image of myself.

Actually, I'm very respectful of models as I see all the work you have to do beside the show.

To sum up :
I am really sorry.
I misinterpreted the situation.
I make stupid jokes.
I am really sorry.
And I often apologize.
And I keep making lame jokes.

matthew perry lol GIF by Beamly US
Well no problem hey at least you can apologize. Don't worry about it. I know my messages can be read a lot of different ways depending how members feel in the moment of reading my opinions but I promise I didn't mean it too harshly. I thought it's important to point out this is just a discussion, if it was an argument...you'd know 😆😅
The second part was more of if you're serious about it or not.
Anyway all good 👍 😌

• Hugs
Reactions: HermesPonyo
Well no problem hey at least you can apologize. Don't worry about it. I know my messages can be read a lot of different ways depending how members feel in the moment of reading my opinions but I promise I didn't mean it too harshly. I thought it's important to point out this is just a discussion, if it was an argument...you'd know 😆😅
The second part was more of if you're serious about it or not.
Anyway all good 👍 😌
I'm so glad mon amie !

But, you know how French are, my second action would be yelling "I surrender !" ;)

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Hugs
Reactions: Lexi_Summers
OK let's get this train back on the right track.

I am only bringing this up because it was mentioned to me the other day in an offhand comment and it got me thinking does anyone else feel this way?

A member mentioned that he mentioned to another model that he really loved the color green and it was rare to find a model that had a lot of green in her camming wardrobe. She went out and bought a few outfits and the next time he went in to the room she was all excited to show off her new outfit. He didn't say it to her, but said it to me, that he thought she was manipulating him for tips.

How would YOU feel if a model did this based on a comment you made?

I am only bringing this up because it was mentioned to me the other day in an offhand comment and it got me thinking does anyone else feel this way?

A member mentioned that he mentioned to another model that he really loved the color green and it was rare to find a model that had a lot of green in her camming wardrobe. She went out and bought a few outfits and the next time he went in to the room she was all excited to show off her new outfit. He didn't say it to her, but said it to me, that he thought she was manipulating him for tips.

That's why I don't even say hi to past tippers.

Erm well tbh I dunno, ofc girls buy clothes that they think will help on cb, I'm guessing the colour of the outfits were green?

I would be concerned if a girl did anything involving spending money to please me alone.

Had walked away from girls that kept asking for me to take them pvt or give them tokens just so that they could go to lunch early even though I've told them I haven't got the $ to spend that much.
When a girl is unwell that she needs meds/go to hospital as I've heard that so often, 2 I know for sure as they showed me photos also stitches and ofc wouldn't surprise me if girl is only here to pay medical bills but it's so often that it feels like manipulation more times then not.

Erm well tbh I dunno, ofc girls buy clothes that they think will help on cb, I'm guessing the colour of the outfits were green?

I would be concerned if a girl did anything involving spending money to please me alone.

Had walked away from girls that kept asking for me to take them pvt or give them tokens just so that they could go to lunch early even though I've told them I haven't got the $ to spend that much.
When a girl is unwell that she needs meds/go to hospital as I've heard that so often, 2 I know for sure as they showed me photos also stitches and ofc wouldn't surprise me if girl is only here to pay medical bills but it's so often that it feels like manipulation more times then not.
The injury/meds thing is a two way street. Had a pic sent to me in PM with pictures of a pic line and some stitches, "this is why I wasn't with you like I promised." Yeahhhhh right, if I had reversed GIS that, probably would have come up on any number of sites.

kaylinmarie2
(0) i went to dr today no tube or staples now

Just now. Unprompted.

I'd be surprised. I would assume that it was done for two mixed reasons. One would be to possibly get tokens but I think the larger reason would be to do something nice for the member. It's a lot to go through for an uncertain tip and the fact she was excited makes it seem more like a gesture. I wouldn't feel that it was manipulation at all. Maybe she really loves green and was excited to have a potential regular that also loved it.

A couple of thoughts.

Firstly that I am obviously not as cynical as I thought I was because assuming that a model is manipulating me because of an action she takes, is not my default world-view. (maybe it is more telling about the user than the model?)

Having said that, I guess that all interactions on cam sites are to a certain extent manipulations (in both directions). The realist in me actually thinks that all relationships are built on "manipulations" of some sort.

e.g.
  • we marry/pair off in order to have companionship,
  • we are "nice" to others in the hope that they will be nice back (I do not believe that too many people are genuinely nice towards people who are nasty towards them. I can think of one or two exceptions of course)
  • We discharge our responsibilities at work so that we will continue to have a job

Now to the case in point:

If a model with whom I had had very few interactions and had built no real "connection" did as was described, I might wonder why she did it. I would think it odd; but still probably would not immediately think "She wants my tokens" (well not any more than I KNOW that a model wants my tokens, just like I want to see her naked body or parts thereof or to be entertained by her in return)

If a model with whom I had built a rapport did it, I would be touched that she thought enough of me to have done something that she thought might please me. (perhaps I am naive)

ETA: that it does dismay me that many users seem to have a default suspicious view of models, but then again obviously some models have nothing but disdain for us users, so... turn-about is fair play I guess. <shrug>

Well she might not necessarily did this for him only, she probably figured if it’s rare, she will stand out if she wore green and attract more members who’s into it/will find it rare and will check out the room. She probably was “excited to show him” because he originally gave her idea and to make him feel good.

I often gather for info on what’s rare, hard to find content ideas and see if I can easily do it to stand out, I listen to what customers say too, for example this way I learned that sparkly straps VS lingeries is like it’s own fetish outfit nowadays and I have customers coming or buying customs just because I own variety of this type of sets.

I wouldn’t consider it manipulation in a bad way. I’d consider it a model doing what she can to try to entice members (or in this case, one specific member) to spend money. That’s what I’d expect a model to do - try to earn tokens - so it wouldn’t bother me at all.

The flip side of that is if I did not specifically discuss buying green outfits with the model or suggest that she should do it, then I won’t feel obligated to tip just for that reason. (Different story if I said “you should go buy green lingerie” and she did, obviously, because then I’ve directly caused the model to spend money for my tastes, and I should tip her for that expense on top of what I’d normally tip during a visit.)

But as you described the situation, I wouldn’t feel manipulated. I’d feel like she was trying to appeal to me, but again, that’s not “bad” manipulation IMO. It’s just another way to try to entice token spending. Fair play.

I would not think of it as negative manipulation. I’d find it thoughtful she remembered the conversation. For all I know she was thinking she needed more lingerie anyway and why not green? She may be doing it to try to cultivate a new regular but if so, why wouldn’t she? That’s how you grow your business

But I think some folks are distrustful by nature and are predisposed to think everything is a con

This is a difficult one to answer because I tend to visit the same model consistently and I'm going to go private or tip regardless. So as a result, "manipulating" me by buying clothes in a color I might like is probably not going to be a necessary strategy. However, if I made a comment about a color or style of outfit that turned me on and she either bought it or wore it the next time I visited then I would consider that to be good attention to detail and to be her catering to my needs. Nothing more sinister than that.

I would probably assume that she also like green. I'ld probably asked her if she bought it also for her or for me.

If she bought these clothes for her, I'll be happy that she has fun (and I'll take the opportunity to tip).

But if she made the expense just to please me, I would be very flattered!
And I would also give tips.
It's part of the job, right? Sometimes you shop to earn more money. It's normal, and I'm happy to be able to give ideas!

I'm still going to talk about my baker (a nice guy), but if I tell him I like apple turnovers and he makes me the next day. I'm not going to tell myself that he tried to manipulate me, but to make me happy. And yes, I would buy apple turnovers!

(So, yes, if you have rabbit ears, I would tend to tip more ;) )

The injury/meds thing is a two way street. Had a pic sent to me in PM with pictures of a pic line and some stitches, "this is why I wasn't with you like I promised." Yeahhhhh right, if I had reversed GIS that, probably would have come up on any number of sites.
Oh no she showed me the stitches on her stream, that's why I'm positive she weren't lying.

Lol sometimes models do the opposite too (cough cough). I had a nice guy but who had poor etiquette, and was a relatively low spender tell me he loved Royal blue. It's one of my fave colors, but now I try not to wear it 😂 He was just one of those guys who's fun and distracting, but doesn't spend much to compensate the amount of one on one attention he takes. So although I liked him, it's a business decision not to wear Royal blue very much. He drove other guys, ready to spend, away.

He was a fun person to talk to, and a nice guy, but at the end of the day I need to pay my bills. And being likable, wasn't worth losing me money. Although it could be argued I lost myself money by not ignoring or blocking him. Stopping blue worked a charm though.

I would definitely appreciate the fact that I get to see more of what I like, with a model I like. It not only shows she puts thought and time (during off hours) in her shows, but also cares about the appeal and aesthetics of it.

I am also a big fan of subtlety. She might just be my next fav model if I see her in a green outfit 5 out of my next 15 visits, while she saying "I bought 5 green outfits because you said you liked my green outfit last time" could definitely be a turn off... I'd still enjoy the outfits regardless.

Ok next question.

How many menu items is too many menu items on a token site?

Reactions: HermesPonyo
Ok next question.

How many menu items is too many menu items on a token site?
This is a good question. As a viewer I think more is better as it gives more options for the show, as long as there is ample variety.

This is a good question. As a viewer I think more is better as it gives more options for the show, as long as there is ample variety.
But at what point does it become too much to sift through?

Status
Not open for further replies.