AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ask-a-Fan (Questions models have for viewers)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. If you purchased custom content from model and she gave you turn around time before you tipped such as “up to 7 business days” or whatever, would you message her before end of agreed time line to check on it? If so, what members trying to achieve when asking “how’s video going?” or if she made video already? Do you believe this will accelerate delivery of custom content?

(I have this happen wayyy too often and I don’t get it)

But at what point does it become too much to sift through?
That I don't know. I can't put a number on it, though I will say I don't ever recall seeing a tip menu and thinking it had too much stuff.

Ok next question.

How many menu items is too many menu items on a token site?
For me, given the way StripChat displays such things, I'd say 15-20 (too much scrolling otherwise). Having said that, I just checked and my friend has about 30 I think and that does not seem like too many, but that is probably just another example of accepting different things from models with whom I have a connection. ;)

I also appreciate when a model uses the ability that SC provides to sort their tip menu by token amount, otherwise scrolling back and forth can be a pain. I may "need " to scroll back and forth if the pricing on the menu does not suit my hip pocket in order to find something that both appeals to my libido but also fits within the constraints of my finances.

I have a question. If you purchased custom content from model and she gave you turn around time before you tipped such as “up to 7 business days” or whatever, would you message her before end of agreed time line to check on it? If so, what members trying to achieve when asking “how’s video going?” or if she made video already? Do you believe this will accelerate delivery of custom content?

I'm not a model, but if I was I couldn't imagine creating custom content without some sort of upfront payment.

I do not buy content, but "up to 7 business days" does mean that it will be done anytime between today and 7 business days time. So I guess they are within the realms of correct to ask on any one of those days. (It'd be different if you have said "*in* seven business days time")

My guess is that they are just checking in and are eager, horny or both. ;)

I take full pre payment, I meant before they tipped they know “the rules and timelines”.
Oh, I see. In that case in regard to your original question it sounds like a guy that's excited to receive the content and checking if it's ready.

I wouldn't message her until around 10 business days or so just to find out if there were delays and get an estimated time for it too be done. As with any service delivery dates are subject to change for any number of reasons. Sending messages before 7 days is just obnoxious. Kind of like a kid in a car " are we there yet? are we there yet?" etc.

Ok next question.

First, I would much rather have too many than too few - though I appreciate when they are sorted by amount as has been mentioned

20 is not too many if they are sorted. Maybe 30?

I’d be much more concerned they were clearly labeled so I basically know what I am tipping for

I wouldn't message her until around 10 business days or so just to find out if there were delays and get an estimated time for it too be done. As with any service delivery dates are subject to change for any number of reasons. Sending messages before 7 days is just obnoxious. Kind of like a kid in a car " are we there yet? are we there yet?"

I love this post. This is exactly how I feel about it too. :) Checking up on it before its “due date” would make me feel like this is the guy’s subtle way of letting me know he wants me to hurry up. Lol. Also when I see that “new message” notification, it makes me think to myself “I hope he’s not about to tell me that he now wants to add on MORE details to the script or my actions.” 😂

I wouldn't message her until around 10 business days or so just to find out if there were delays and get an estimated time for it too be done. As with any service delivery dates are subject to change for any number of reasons. Sending messages before 7 days is just obnoxious. Kind of like a kid in a car " are we there yet? are we there yet?" etc.

Yeah, you know how sometimes people get excited when there’s a package being delivered soon, and they spend three days refreshing the tracking info online to see where it is NOW? I’d imagine this is the custom content version of that.

“Oooh, now it’s five stops away!”

As someone who does mostly custom videos..

Just in case members are wondering. "Checking up" before due date drives us absolutely nuts. If you have a question or theres something important, fine. But it feels like you're breathing down my neck. It became such a pain point for me I asked a sub of mine to create a custom tracker. Now i give customers a link and they can see where it is in the process. Recieved, Preproduction, shooting, post production, editing, delivery. Overall it's been well recieved. It's been interesting to see how often ppl check. Some, none at all. Others its close to 500 times.

One person recently kept messaging me anyway and when i gently reminded him about the tracking link he told me he messaged me as a "way to get to talk to me" which was silly since he was on a paid subscription page and free dming comes with that.

This past year I have adopted an "over communication" style with my customs. On top of the link, I email them the day of the shoot and let them know how it went, and restate editing timeframes. I also update when any items purchased arrive, etc etc. I communicate far more than I used to, and it has been a huge factor in terms of repeat business.

As someone who does mostly custom videos..

Just in case members are wondering. "Checking up" before due date drives us absolutely nuts. If you have a question or theres something important, fine. But it feels like you're breathing down my neck. It became such a pain point for me I asked a sub of mine to create a custom tracker. Now i give customers a link and they can see where it is in the process. Recieved, Preproduction, shooting, post production, editing, delivery. Overall it's been well recieved. It's been interesting to see how often ppl check. Some, none at all. Others its close to 500 times.

One person recently kept messaging me anyway and when i gently reminded him about the tracking link he told me he messaged me as a "way to get to talk to me" which was silly since he was on a paid subscription page and free dming comes with that.

This past year I have adopted an "over communication" style with my customs. On top of the link, I email them the day of the shoot and let them know how it went, and restate editing timeframes. I also update when any items purchased arrive, etc etc. I communicate far more than I used to, and it has been a huge factor in terms of repeat business.
I admire your dedication and commitment. I'm sure your followers appreciate the effort you go through since not all models would.

But at what point does it become too much to sift through?
May sound strange but for me it's also depending on my advice what's okay and what's too much.
If I am an on my computer I have a large screen. So what can only take a tiny part of the screen there, can more than fill out the whole screen or more than the chat can take when being on my mobile.
And it also depends on the variety of the Items of the menu too. If there is lots of kinda redundant stuff I don't like it too much.

I like about 10-15 items with a good variety in it, I would say. More is not necessarily better.

The only place I've ever checked out custom content (and I mean just looking at the form rather than ordering anything) is Many Vids. On MV there are very specific tiered payment options for delivery time. Pay more, get earlier. Harassing a model to see if your content is ready before time when you have specifically paid for a delivery time is just rude.

Ok next question.

I don't think there is such a thing as too many items (within reason). If I get repetitive strain injury scrolling through them then maybe. I think the biggest issue with having more items is that it can lead to overlap and a lack of clarity. For instance, I've seen "Fuck pussy" and "Ride dildo" on the same menu with vastly different pricing.

On sites where there is a mix of token tipping and private shows, it would really help for menu items to have an associated time next to them (where relevant) e.g. Ride Dildo 5 mins. It helps us compare and decide between whether to tip for something in public or go private instead.

Reactions: Highlander884
On sites where there is a mix of token tipping and private shows, it would really help for menu items to have an associated time next to them (where relevant) e.g. Ride Dildo 5 mins. It helps us compare and decide between whether to tip for something in public or go private instead.
I wanted to comment on that - I don't specify how long most actions in my tip menu last on purpose. It depends on what the tipper and rest of the room is going to do next (if tipping starts or at least I see an increase in traffic I will continue for longer, if there's no reaction I will probably stop faster), on what stage my show is at and various other factors. I want to have that flexibility.

Tipping for an action in public is a very different experience than having the same action performed in private and not only because of "which one is cheaper". In private you can tell me "I want you to ride that dildo in reverse cowgirl for 5 minutes while moaning my name" and basically direct the whole performance (within reason and without crossing my boundaries of course), I perform for you only. In public it's your tip for a menu item, but I'm still very much in charge of how exactly will I perform it and even though it was your tip and I am grateful and mindful of it I still perform for everyone in the room.

ETA: If you really want to know for how long will I ride the dildo when you tip for it just ask. I will give you a time then and stick to it.

I wanted to comment on that - I don't specify how long most actions in my tip menu last on purpose. It depends on what the tipper and rest of the room is going to do next (if tipping starts or at least I see an increase in traffic I will continue for longer, if there's no reaction I will probably stop faster), on what stage my show is at and various other factors. I want to have that flexibility.

Tipping for an action in public is a very different experience than having the same action performed in private and not only because of "which one is cheaper". In private you can tell me "I want you to ride that dildo in reverse cowgirl for 5 minutes while moaning my name" and basically direct the whole performance (within reason and without crossing my boundaries of course), I perform for you only. In public it's your tip for a menu item, but I'm still very much in charge of how exactly will I perform it and even though it was your tip and I am grateful and mindful of it I still perform for everyone in the room.

ETA: If you really want to know for how long will I ride the dildo when you tip for it just ask. I will give you a time then and stick to it.
I should probably have added a bit of context. The token site I frequent is quite low traffic. Often I can be the only person in the room anyway which is why it becomes more of a question of public v private. It wasn't so much a cost question than it was a time question. Nobody is necessarily waiting in the wings to tip for the next thing. As a result it can often become a defacto private anyway. The difference is that the member doesn't control the timeline as they would in a private.

I should probably have added a bit of context. The token site I frequent is quite low traffic. Often I can be the only person in the room anyway which is why it becomes more of a question of public v private. It wasn't so much a cost question than it was a time question. Nobody is necessarily waiting in the wings to tip for the next thing. As a result it can often become a defacto private anyway. The difference is that the member doesn't control the timeline as they would in a private.

You may be the only member in the room, however there are guests/unregistered users also watching (and benefiting from) whatever tipped-for action that the model is doing. And if they’re not in the room right that moment, they surely will be in a few seconds.

Just reminding you of this, because I’ve seen other guys say “But me and you are the only ones in here.” And I’d tell them no, actually…we aren’t the only ones in here. Lol.

Ok next question.

I never saw a menu with too many items.
But I like to see the menu to know what kind of model is the worker in the room.

I mean, sometime, when I don't have any of my favorite online, I can take a look to other rooms and look at the menu to know if I could like the show or not.
I even see a menu with tarot and astrology things.

But I guess there's a limit in each website, isn't it ?

Reactions: Highlander884
You may be the only member in the room, however there are guests/unregistered users also watching (and benefiting from) whatever tipped-for action that the model is doing. And if they’re not in the room right that moment, they surely will be in a few seconds.

Just reminding you of this, because I’ve seen other guys say “But me and you are the only ones in here.” And I’d tell them no, actually…we aren’t the only ones in here. Lol.
Yes, fair point although I actually think that it's crazy that there is nothing to incentivise these guys to move from guest to logged in. Much easier to freeload anonymously than show themselves.

Also, I'd never use the suggestion that we were alone to somehow coerce the model into doing something we hadn't agreed on. I know your not necessarily suggesting that here but I wanted to clarify that anyway.

Yes, fair point although I actually think that it's crazy that there is nothing to incentivise these guys to move from guest to logged in. Much easier to freeload anonymously than show themselves.

Also, I'd never use the suggestion that we were alone to somehow coerce the model into doing something we hadn't agreed on. I know your not necessarily suggesting that here but I wanted to clarify that anyway.
That's because you don't think like a freeloaders ;)

Reading models experiences here makes me realize that I'm happy to not be part of this kind of people.

You know what ? I'll assume and shower myself with compliments. I'm a wonderful user....
And I'm sure you're too.

P.S. : I'm kidding. Actually, the sad part is that we probably just act like users should act. I'm sorry for all models that you can't have all models act with respect (for yourself, of course, but for your work during the show and even out of the show, even when it's an administrative task you have to do)

What do you think should be offered to “incentivise” guests to log in (or to upgrade)?

On MyFreeCams the incentive is that you get to chat in the models’ rooms (Many of us have guests and basics muted) once you become a premium member.

What do you think should be offered to “incentivise” guests to log in (or to upgrade)?

On MyFreeCams the incentive is that you get to chat in the models’ rooms (Many of us have guests and basics muted) once you become a premium member.
Well, it's MV I visit and they can't chat there but they can watch the entire show if they wish. I think there should be an annoying viewing time limit. Not annoying enough so that they can't get a taste but annoying enough that they eventually decide to login to avoid being interrupted.

Although I know (anecdotaly) that some models like this "guest" system on MV because they can spy on other models using it.

Well, it's MV I visit and they can't chat there but they can watch the entire show if they wish. I think there should be an annoying viewing time limit. Not annoying enough so that they can't get a taste but annoying enough that they eventually decide to login to avoid being interrupted.

Although I know (anecdotaly) that some models like this "guest" system on MV because they can spy on other models using it.
Bongacams has that feature. Their software is rock solid. But models all over the world better pray their net doesn't have a high ping rate to European serves tho 👁👄👁

I am pretty sure that's the reason Bonga has such a high registered user base besides all the years they put their hard work towards the site itself of.

Oh okay, I misunderstood and thought you were saying you think that MODELS should offer some incentive for members logging in. 😂 Sorry.

A couple years ago I cammed regularly on ManyVids Live at night. I remember that on the first day of Black History Month (Either 2020 or 2021), I had some horrible “men” trolling my chat with racist b.s., and kept coming back to my room with different screen names to continue doing it. I’d reported them to MV, and MV apologized and said they’re unable to ban a person’s IP address.

After that incident, I’d changed my settings so that it no longer allowed any ‘ole random fuckwad to talk in my chat. So now it’s set to where only members with tokens can chat, which kinda sucks at the same time…because I could have a familiar member in my room (a member I like) who’s unable to chat with me if he’s currently without tokens.

Oh okay, I misunderstood and thought you were saying you think that MODELS should offer some incentive for members logging in. 😂 Sorry.

A couple years ago I cammed regularly on ManyVids Live at night. I remember that on the first day of Black History Month (Either 2020 or 2021), I had some horrible “men” trolling my chat with racist b.s., and kept coming back to my room with different screen names to continue doing it. I’d reported them to MV, and MV apologized and said they’re unable to ban a person’s IP address.

After that incident, I’d changed my settings so that it no longer allowed any ‘ole random fuckwad to talk in my chat. So now it’s set to where only members with tokens can chat, which kinda sucks at the same time…because I could have a familiar member in my room (a member I like) who’s unable to chat with me if he’s currently without tokens.
What really sucks here it's that you have to do this... I'm really sorry that you have to endure this and I'm sure that the member you like could understand that you protect yourself. :)

Sorry that you experienced that. I fucking hate racists. It's (tragically) hilarious that they spout all their racial hatred but aren't committed to their ideology enough that they'd go to the expense of buying a few tokens to continue abusing someone.

Banning IP addresses won't work. Most people don't have a static IP address and can easily get round bans with a VPN if they need to. I use a VPN and I probably don't have the same IP address each time I connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.