AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DezDemancy

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 22, 2015
Twitter Username
@dezdemancy
Tumblr Username
dezdemancy
Chaturbate Username
dezdemancy
So I have a HD logitech pro, but no actual computer of my own since mine died the day after my first show (*laughcry*). My partner has a computer that can't handle streaming HD, also my best friend says I can use her macbook but only when she's at work. Or I could do both?

Do you think it's best to only cam when I can be super high quality, or to cam every day, alternating between crappy cam & HD? I don't want to lose followers for being inconsistent, but it seems like it's inconsistent schedule vs inconsistent quality right now.

How bad is the bad quality option? If its really bad like a frame a second, really pixelated or blurry then it's probably not worth using as no one will stay to watch. If it's still watchable but just not as good as the other version then thats fine.

How bad is the bad quality option? If its really bad like a frame a second, really pixelated or blurry then it's probably not worth using as no one will stay to watch. If it's still watchable but just not as good as the other version then thats fine.

I tested it out, VERY gnarly, like 13 FPS, I decided I shouldn't do it :(

If you are on CB they are inconsistent too. You could have the fastest computer and internet speeds and they could be having a spasm of troubles and pushing your feed out slowly too. I have a fast computer and a minimum of 20Mbit upload speed and CB can rarely handle me sending them anything better than 640x480 to get FPS better than 15. Their encoder is terrible.

Keep in mind that with CB you can be 640x480 with the quality slider to the 80% to 90% range and they may label your feed HD if your FPS is high enough.

If you are on CB they are inconsistent too. You could have the fastest computer and internet speeds and they could be having a spasm of troubles and pushing your feed out slowly too. I have a fast computer and a minimum of 20Mbit upload speed and CB can rarely handle me sending them anything better than 640x480 to get FPS better than 15. Their encoder is terrible.

Keep in mind that with CB you can be 640x480 with the quality slider to the 80% to 90% range and they may label your feed HD if your FPS is high enough.

Interesting... As a member, I have found Cb to have a very consistently better HD pic than mfc or a few other sites. like apples to oranges different.

I use the macbook air facetime camera and or my nexxtech HD. sometimes I use both on manycams and have picture in picture... but that kept freezing on me. and I have great internet..

Interesting... As a member, I have found Cb to have a very consistently better HD pic than mfc or a few other sites. like apples to oranges different.

CB and MFC have completely different resolution caps. CB looks better than MFC because the models can choose what aspect ratio they want to broadcast in. Along with that CB actually has the capabilities of streams in true HD whereas on MFC you cannot. Their 'HD' tags are pretty much bogus.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Status
Not open for further replies.