AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

bb, 500 tkns to keep your clothes .... on?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
So I was reading anon because I just love seeing people fume up and get mad at each other I guess. This is where the source of my question comes from.

Anyways, this was mentioned:

"Although from what I've seen of M F C lately is a lot of wussies and whiners that are scared of women and just throw crazy ass amounts of money for them to keep their clothes on or tell them to do certain things just because they think it will gain favor with a model. Guess what you're just creating models with complexes. Especially if you tell them to keep clothes on. You're making them feel more insecure than they already were by doing that. Maybe not everyone, but a good portion of them."

I wouldn't completely agree that all these tippers are "wussies", but I do agree that they are more often trying to "get on your good side" and have you like them more than the others.

Tons of times I've seen rooms approach a topic a model isn't too particularly comfortable with, but would be willing if a very high topic amount is reached. But at last moment, a regular member would suddenly jump in and counter tip for the model to not do it, thus "saving the day".

I'm curious to see what do you, as models, think about this? Do you have your hero who rescues you? Do you hate or love him for it?

TheProfessor said:
So I was reading anon because I just love seeing people fume up and get mad at each other I guess. This is where the source of my question comes from.

Anyways, this was mentioned:

"Although from what I've seen of M F C lately is a lot of wussies and whiners that are scared of women and just throw crazy ass amounts of money for them to keep their clothes on or tell them to do certain things just because they think it will gain favor with a model. Guess what you're just creating models with complexes. Especially if you tell them to keep clothes on. You're making them feel more insecure than they already were by doing that. Maybe not everyone, but a good portion of them."

I wouldn't completely agree that all these tippers are "wussies", but I do agree that they are more often trying to "get on your good side" and have you like them more than the others.

Tons of times I've seen rooms approach a topic a model isn't too particularly comfortable with, but would be willing if a very high topic amount is reached. But at last moment, a regular member would suddenly jump in and counter tip for the model to not do it, thus "saving the day".

I'm curious to see what do you, as models, think about this? Do you have your hero who rescues you? Do you hate or love him for it?

This doesn't answer your question, but I would think tips like that come from regs that just want to tip the model anyway, but have no desire to carry a show for freeloaders as opposed to trying to win favor with the model, especially since she's more likely to make more tokens if she's getting naked/doing shows.

Personally, I don't like the guys who tip to "add to topic" countdown...I think it is unfair for people who are tipping to subtract from it. If they tip, but it doesn't count for a countdown, I see no problem with this....I do it all the time.

The reason to not tip for a countdown (especially if the model doesn't like it, as you said) would be that you enjoy the model's company, and don't really want to see the show. Afterall, sometimes certain types of shows can get in the way (drawing in all the new guys who believe they are the directors, despite not tipping)

A former regular who was one of my biggest tippers used to tip to put my clothes back on. If it were anyone else I wouldn't have done it but everyone knew him as a good-natured troll so it would be more of an "Oh, you!" sort of thing.

Attachments

• 1369357481349[1].jpg
    1369357481349[1].jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 522
I dislike when people try to tip to countermand my countdown/show goal. In my experience, people who do this are usually after CONTROL more than good favor. They like to be in charge and show that their tokens can get them what they want. I don't appreciate these sorts of tips and those who want to show me how much they appreciate me will certainly know that they can do so in polite ways and by *actually* tipping "just because".

Though I am not usually a fan of the type of personality who would try to tip to stop a show I am trying to make happen, I do not actually blame them at all or really even feel badly about them! I would say that it is up to the model to have control in her room and decide what happens. I think that most people know that they wont be able to take control over my show with tips like that, and so most don't attempt it. My shows are run by me and it is my job to run them, so I really don't mind turning people down who tip like that since it's my job. In general, I don't appreciate being put in that position! (If it is actually a joke and everyone clearly has good feelings about it, that's a different story! Every room and relationship is different!)

I think that there could be instances where a tip like this is welcome, but I would be loathe to follow it if they weren't polite enough to talk it over with me first in PM! I don't really support the idea of models offering shows they TRULY don't want to do, I think that you might have things you dramatize or joke about but I feel it shouldn't be something you actually would be upset to do.(I was once tipped to eat a banana flavored popsicle because I hate them and it was totally funny. I wasn't truly miserable though, even though I do legitimately think that flavor is bullshit.)

Anyway, I put the responsibility on the model and hopefully tippers will follow her lead and respect her wishes!

then there's the subgroup of tippers who tip like this to just annoy the other tippers and guests/basics... and they're having fun.
personaly I don't get why this is frowned upon by a model, a tip is a tip is a tip. getting paid regardless.

Crumb said:
then there's the subgroup of tippers who tip like this to just annoy the other tippers and guests/basics... and they're having fun.
personaly I don't get why this is frowned upon by a model, a tip is a tip is a tip. getting paid regardless.

To put it in perspective, I saw a person...I will call him bob tip 500 for topless....Bob was getting along with the regulars and such, until one other regular who didn't like seeing the model naked tipped 2000 to put her clothes back on (roughly 5 minutes after the 500 tip). Bob argued a bit after that, then left when she decided honor the 2000 tip to put her clothes back on. Never did see Bob again...too bad to, since I did like him

Greggory said:
Crumb said:

To put it in perspective, I saw a person...I will call him bob tip 500 for topless....Bob was getting along with the regulars and such, until one other regular who didn't like seeing the model naked tipped 2000 to put her clothes back on (roughly 5 minutes after the 500 tip). Bob argued a bit after that, then left when she decided honor the 2000 tip to put her clothes back on. Never did see Bob again...too bad to, since I did like him
It's impossible to please everyone, but this is one of those cases that's super unfortunate. A "regular" should be someone who enjoys the models company in whatever state of dress she needs to be in to make her countdowns. Making Bob feel welcomed and appreciated is important, and this is a bad botched opportunity to turn him into a regular.

Depending on the model i either tip to see something sexy like a flash or play a game, but most of the time i just tip to show that i appreciate them being on.

I wouldn't tip against the topic, because it can make the model lose out on new tippers like Greggory talked about,

Instead i would just tip the model as Anon, then say to them that it is up to them whether they want to count it to the topic/countdown or not :)

** Noticed this thread is "Ask-a-model" but i noticed members reply to topics, I'm guessing this is allowed ?

I've been in rooms during countdowns where I wasn't interested in seeing the goal being met. I'd tip "not for topic", but I wouldn't tip against a countdown. If a model decides to offer members an opportunity to tip toward a nude or explicit show, which will fill up her room, and bring her to the attention of more members, that's her choice, and whether the show happens is between her and the members who tip toward that topic.

Of course, if there is no show topic set, and members decide to tip a model to put on every piece of clothing in her closet for shits and giggles, that's fine, but it's what the room is into at the moment.

I have a system in my room that works good, if you want to tip me for the company and not for the goal, tip ninja, you can still participate the dares and raffle tickets with ninja tips, you just dont tip for the main goal.

If you tip open, no matter what you want, it WILL go to the countdown for stripping.

Its pretty simple and it works a lot.

I remember one time I was in my favorite model's room, and all the regulars ganged up and started tipping her to add items of clothing. I think she ended up wearing half her wardrobe and it made the randoms SO mad. We were all just having fun with it, and so was she.

ComicOzzie said:
Crumb said:

Annoying the other tippers is a real good way to turn them into ex-tippers. :twocents-02cents:
I disagree.
lets be honest, if another tipper annoys you, are you going to stop tipping? you're more than likely to just ignore.
it's not the members that are going to stop me from tipping, it's the models.

Reactions: TheProfessor
Crumb said:
ComicOzzie said:
Crumb said:

Annoying the other tippers is a real good way to turn them into ex-tippers. :twocents-02cents:
I disagree.
lets be honest, if another tipper annoys you, are you going to stop tipping? you're more than likely to just ignore.
This is assuming that everyone has your same mentality. People come into rooms and tip for a myriad of reasons. Having a fun room is one of the most important thing to being an MFC model, and that definitely includes the members. There are some girls I really like but don't frequent their room due to their regulars. It doesn't even have to be a conscious decision; guys frequent rooms they enjoy, for whatever reason.

Of course it's not going to dissuade ALL members from tipping, but with so many guys going to MFC to socialize and treat a model's room like a neighborhood bar to hang out with buddies, why risk it? There have been members that I personally get along with but don't play well with other members and I've had to ban them because they were scaring potential tippers away.

Crumb said:
ComicOzzie said:
Crumb said:

I disagree.
Well... if a model let someone cancel out my tips towards a show by adding to the count I would probably leave because in the end, I would feel disrespected by the model... when in all fairness she may not even want to do it but may not know how to say no.

MFC is a social site, that's the reason why it is as popular as it is. The way a model let's members treat the other members in the room has a HUGE impact on that models room vibe... which is her money. The less friendly the vibe, the less comfortable people feel hanging out no matter how nice and pretty the model is. Adding tokens to a countdown creates a sort of, hopeless vibe. Especially if it's happening often, why would I tip towards a show count if I know someone else is going to just add it back on? Ugh, no fun.

I would at least hope that most models actually want to do their shows, and reaching goals is such a fun feeling.
Unless it's a specific game the model has presented I can't see any benefit to the model at all in adding tokens to a countdown, only negatives that in the end will lose her money and fans.

I just realized I didn't really address the actual topic, which is something that I actually feel pretty strongly about. A huge amount of the tips I get are "just because" tips and the conversation used to go something like:
Me: Thanks! Do you want a song/any other thing from the topic?
Them: No, just for you.

Now, that's great and all, BUT all of the things in my topic are things I actively enjoy doing, that get people in my room, and keep them entertained. I get BORED sitting there chatting all night with no other activities...I want to be running around, dancing, doing ventriloquism, singing...this is what amuses me! I love chatting but I'd like to give people something to chat about, not to mention my room count jumps as soon as I get up and do something. Now, I usually say "Thanks! Is that for something specific or ladies' choice?" I feel like giving them these options gives them a chance to make a request, and makes it clear that I want to do something for the tip even if they don't care.

I'm also kind of stubborn about feeling the need to "work" for the money I earn. It's a pride thing...I want to be able to look at my token amount and know that I did something to make that happen. Maybe it's also a control thing? :shifty: I guess I also get kind of hurt when people say they don't want anything for their tip...I take great pride in the things I offer, and it makes me feel rejected when people don't want anything in return. It also kind of implies that I don't enjoy doing the things that I do and I only do them to make money...but if money didn't exist, I'd be doing these things for free. :lol:

JoleneBrody said:
Unless it's a specific game the model has presented I can't see any benefit to the model at all in adding tokens to a countdown, only negatives that in the end will lose her money and fans.

If it's the model running it that's fine. Like "Odd numbers add to countdown, even numbers subtract" is fair game, as long as everyone is clear on what's happening. The model should have something planned to reward *all* tippers, whichever way things turn out, though, so that everyone leaves happy.

VeronicaChaos said:
Now, I usually say "Thanks! Is that for something specific or ladies' choice?" I feel like giving them these options gives them a chance to make a request, and makes it clear that I want to do something for the tip even if they don't care.

Haha that is a very interesting way to twist it back on them to clear off the topic. I've known a few other models who also insist on not applying it to topic despite the tipper said "model's choice" :think: I think it's as you said, when you do stuff, room count spikes. Guess they don't want an entire show for that many people funded by pretty much one guy.

To ones own, I suppose?

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
I would like to respond to the topic by saying that there were times where I had tipped 90% of the goal towards a show. Upon seeing that others weren't tipping (expecting me to go ahead and tip the rest), I started tipping the model to add to the total, instead of subtracting from it. I gave everyone in the room a heads up first to allow them the opportunity to tip the rest. When they hesitated, I began tipping the other way. I could have cared less what the other members said or thought.

However, I do agree that if tipping is spread out among many members, that tipping against the show is an inconsiderate thing for the model to accept. If the member says he is going to tip against the countdown, the model should inform him that his tips won't count towards the countdown, but also won't add to the countdown.

I always tell people that you can't cancel out someone else's tip. On the other hand, I have also said that my philosophy on the topic could be skewed if the tip was huge enough. I'd still try to find a way to make it up to whoever I felt was getting screwed over. I've even PMed members before with, "so and so said he wanted to tip to change what you tipped for... would that be okay? I can give you this other cool thing of equal or greater value instead" and I think that transparency is generally appreciated. Most tippers are happy to help you earn more tokens because they want to see you do well.

NataliaGrey said:
I think that transparency is generally appreciated.
YESSSSS! I don't understand why everybody doesn't get this. Not just in camland, but companies and people in general. :woops:
NataliaGrey said:
Most tippers are happy to help you earn more tokens because they want to see you do well.
Yes, again! Especially when it is handled how you described, or a close facsimile ;)

Reactions: NataliaGrey
Status
Not open for further replies.