AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beginner's questions- please help a girl out!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I would love to know any feedback for this, too. I've only been around for like 3 weeks, so I know that's too soon to really have a "fan base" but I do have few regulars that aren't always on as well. But for the future, I'd love to get any ideas! I also want to make friends with other models but I worry like they'll look at other models as "competition" :( But I just want frans!

We can be frans!! :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Lylawinter
I would love to know any feedback for this, too. I've only been around for like 3 weeks, so I know that's too soon to really have a "fan base" but I do have few regulars that aren't always on as well. But for the future, I'd love to get any ideas! I also want to make friends with other models but I worry like they'll look at other models as "competition" :( But I just want frans!

We can be frans too :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Lylawinter
I recommend springing for a high tech webcam! Having HD will make a huge difference. I use a Logitech c920 (one of the best) but it is not compatible with older macs - I use it on my brand new iMac and it is fine, but Logitech is more compatible with Windows! I am sure there are lots of high-tech mac compatible webcams as well. I would find out what the specs are on your computer (macbook laptop?) and research which webcam is the most HD and the best quality/most compatible! It may cost you a pretty penny (Mine was on sale for $100) but you will make it back in no time with clear + crisp video.

As for PMs - I'm glad you set PMs to off. Try putting "200tk for friend add/PMs" in your chatroom topic! Members who tip 200+ tk can get a friend add, and have the ability to message you. This will weed out people that are wasting your time or trying to scam you, as is (unfortunately) very common for new models. I hope this helps!

Reactions: babygirl69696
do lots of research online and watch other models on your cam site to get a feel of what to do and get ideas
. worked for me.

Hey girl! So I'm not exactly a veteran (been doing this a little over a month), but a couple responses to your posed queries:
1) Skype: plenty of models refuse to do it, and that's a really valid, reasonable choice. It's risky in a few different ways; even if you've got a lot of cyber security set up, you still run the risk of opening up that cam and seeing something scarring or unsettling (not to mention illegal; I've heard some gnarly horror stories). If you DO decide it's something you're comfortable with, MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT! You're providing an extra component to your service (c2c), going out of your way to go off-site, and taking a financial risk no matter what payment medium you use. So make them compensate you accordingly! It SHOULD cost them more than a private chat with you, because they're getting more. So considering we get 80tk/min on MFC, which translates to $4/min, you should be charging more than that. Because you and your services are 100% worth it.
2) Private chat negotiations: I honestly, just casually ask guys what they're into, ask if they've got specific preferences (e.g. "you're into rough boob play, ok, cool. what angles would you like? do you want to be on top of my or underneath me?" "do you like a meek subservient sub or a power bottom who's gonna fight back against you?") Think of it as BDSM negotiation. It's totally reasonable to wanna know what someone wants, before giving it to them, right? Just be matter-of-fact, and it never hurts to be a little coy on top of it ;-)
3) PMs - you can change your settings (go to options when you're on the modelweb page) so that you only accept PMs from certain categories of member. I strongly suggest at least setting it so that the lowest level to send you PMs are premium members (remember, Basic and Guest can't tip, so why give them time if they're not even equipped, let alone prepared to give you $ for your time and effort). I've actually gone a step further so that only models and friends can PM me. So if you haven't tipped to be added to my friend list, I can't even accept PMs from you. It's less overwhelming, and I can focus my energy on the public chat, which is way more important most of the time. By the same token, I strongly suggest muting basics and guests. They're typically the ones who will make the most requests, unwelcome comments, etc, and again: if they can't even tip for their asinine comments/requests, why should you indulge them?

Those are my two cents. Hope it's helpful! Have an amazing time, and always remember what you and your time are worth!!

Hi! I am trying to do my first MFC show. Well, trying because I can't log in to broadcast. From the computer app and from the webpage option, they're both a no-go and tell me that I am not putting in the correct username or password. Except that I am. Is this a super common thing? Any idea on how to fix it? >_< I wanted to log in today to see how the site runs. Any help is super loved and appreciated! :h:

Hey! Super newbie here (on MFC for about a month and a half). This thread is amazing!
I haven't posted on here enough to join the models only section so I was hoping I could throw a few questions out there -

So far, everything is going pretty well. I am not doing insanely amazing, but my camscore/rank is generally going up. I am probably doing about 20 hours a week, or maybe a lil bit less. The only thing I'm wondering about is - pretty much the bulk of my tips are coming from one or two members. Is this normal? I almost feel like I shouldn't be on as much so that the only people who really tip me don't get sick of me. Does anyone else feel this way? Also, how long did it take you to "meet" members who turned into regulars...is there generally a window of time when you first start, or do those who have been doing this for years still meet new people?

Hopefully these questions are okay in this thread - I've tried searching for a similar topic but wasn't sure what keywords to use, if something that addresses this already exists please direct my ass to it!

Thanks!

I have the same problem.I have a regular job and im broadcast about two months - 2x in a week..sometimes less..i have 2 really good tippers..im afraid ,they are only ones...but i believe,that now ,when i quit my job,things will happen faster.Things are different ,when you can be online every day 10 hours ..but its biggest risk i ever did...who know how fast ill find a new tippers....in addition its a summer..difficult period.I hope i will be able to pay my bills...we have to put our time to this and be patient....wish you luck..and myself too :D

Hey :hello2:

Welcome new girl.
It amazes me the way guys will PM a girl to death with purely daily chit chat BS. Clear it out and Close your pm list first off... let them in sparingly or for a fee so you can at least build a room before you kill yourself over the pm thing. Many reserve them for discussing whats wanted or done in privates. Some let you in for private show 'negotiations', and then close the door right after. Also, dont be afraid to tell a member to please chat in public and save pm for personal things.
Set your own boundaries. If its not comfortable for you to show the world, dont show it. Simple as that. Time will also help you with this. As you settle in you will feel less overwhelmed with all the "see my cam BB/ wanna see me cum BB/ finger ass/fist bb" bullshit.
Also, as far as I have heard from guys on MFC, Skype is usually all about getting the girl to run wayyyy past her supposed time limit for free. Sort of a bargain basement or fire sale cheap show .... kind of a trophy to some guys here.
After you get model status here... Read, read, read.... :-D

Have fun !!

This is super helpful. Thank you!!

I have the same problem.I have a regular job and im broadcast about two months - 2x in a week..sometimes less..i have 2 really good tippers..im afraid ,they are only ones...but i believe,that now ,when i quit my job,things will happen faster.Things are different ,when you can be online every day 10 hours ..but its biggest risk i ever did...who know how fast ill find a new tippers....in addition its a summer..difficult period.I hope i will be able to pay my bills...we have to put our time to this and be patient....wish you luck..and myself too :D

In it together! Glad I'm not the only one worrying about this...:)

not trying to advertise, but i just started a podcast that i host live every Friday at 10pm est. called welcome to webcamming. i would love for some new aspiring models to call into the show and ask some questions they may have. i don't generate revenue off this and in fact i pay monthly and devote my time because i like to give advice and tips and hopefully guide newcomers to a great start in the industry. the first episode was a bit hectic but give a listen this week and feel free to call in : www.blogtalkradio.com/princessradio

Hi iam newbies in webcammodeling tell us about the intricacies of the works

Hi iam newbies in webcammodeling tell us about the intricacies of the works

This is a super broad question and therefore a little difficult to answer with any decent information. What precisely are you wanting to know?

Thanks guys! I did figure out that if I do Skype it will only be for tokens.
I also applied to get 'model status' but since the page said it can take a while before I get approved I thought I'd just start asking questions as I'm excited to start :)
I have a huge question to anyone who can answer I'd be very greatful but I just signed up to streammate and I don't know how I'm supposed to get paid I've read everything and it says to update your address and what not but that feature isn't on my account for some reason I am verified and have money in my account but don't know how they are supposed to send it to me if they don't have my information and haven't gotten a response back from them.

I have a huge question to anyone who can answer I'd be very greatful but I just signed up to streammate and I don't know how I'm supposed to get paid I've read everything and it says to update your address and what not but that feature isn't on my account for some reason I am verified and have money in my account but don't know how they are supposed to send it to me if they don't have my information and haven't gotten a response back from them.
It sounds like you may have signed up through a studio. If that's the case, you don't have anywhere to change your payment info because SM will be paying your studio, and they are the ones that will be paying you. Do you know what % you're making? If you're in an English speaking country or Western Europe, it should be 35%, or if you're elsewhere it should be 30%. If your payout is less than that, you're almost certainly in a studio.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Hii,

Thats how I feel exactly when i started out, but couple things I have done that helped me out.
*Chat in PM ones you have already known to be good to you
*Have it in your description to tip you for "PM" as most serious inquires will tip, and others will just phase out, the curios ones will stay and chat in public till they will tip.
*I don't like demanding guest, so I'm sure my guest won't like If I keep asking to take me to private or have them tip, I love chatting with my guest so having goals, or price description helps t avoid all that stress.
*In any sites, its becoming common for skype shows, you are correct to have them give you the "tokens" in advance and not use other payment period, this would also avoid someone trying to blackmail you to get your account banned because you received payment outside the site you work for.

Hope this help,
_pilya_

Hey guys, I have a question about Skype.

I've never used Skype prior to camming, and when I set up my account (under my cam alias), all of my contacts from my iPhone were imported! I went into my settings and selected an option to hide contacts from my phone, but I'm worried that I'm still on their contact lists. I have never provided an actual phone number to Skype, the contacts were pulled from my Mac. Am I safe? Really don't need all contacts having access to my cam name!

Hello,

I'm not an expert about cyber security or anything but someone recommended something that made sense to me. "work is work " as much as I love to be keep everything in the same that makes great sense,So i started with lap top just for work, Keep in mind I do keep my good friends who i meet at work there, but I separate my personal life/information away from work..
To answer your question, its probably perfectly safe, but it would be much safer to use something that will separate your personal info as some big companies with much bigger securities gets hack all the time.

_pilya_

Reactions: MissJasmineUK
Hey guys, I have a question about Skype.

I've never used Skype prior to camming, and when I set up my account (under my cam alias), all of my contacts from my iPhone were imported! I went into my settings and selected an option to hide contacts from my phone, but I'm worried that I'm still on their contact lists. I have never provided an actual phone number to Skype, the contacts were pulled from my Mac. Am I safe? Really don't need all contacts having access to my cam name!
Definitely make a separate email just for camming and create a Skype account with that, just to be in the safe side :)

This might be a bit of a silly question, but do members expect cum shows to be "loud"? Is noisy moaning a requirement? A quieter cum shows "disappointed"?

Also, is there a word for models that don't do cum shows, like how models that don't get naked are called "non-nude"?

This might be a bit of a silly question, but do members expect cum shows to be "loud"? Is noisy moaning a requirement? A quieter cum shows "disappointed"?

Also, is there a word for models that don't do cum shows, like how models that don't get naked are called "non-nude"?
Not an expert, but I love to watch the successful models online. I have seen one extreme to another, where the louder the better, then i surf to another page, seen a successful model quiet, not even showing but breast to head, beautiful facial reaction, eyes rolling, erotic smile. I guess which ever works for you and what you are comfortable with to satisfy the tippers or just yourself.-- hope this helps

Reactions: ramblin
is there a word for models that don't do cum shows, like how models that don't get naked are called "non-nude"?
"Non-explicit" is a little vague, but is used. Likely indicates no penetration, no cumshow. Below-the-belt nudity maybe now and then, but not a regular thing.

There are also many models on public sites that get explicit in group or private but not in public.

I think most members are looking for a clear indication of the orgasm, whether through visual or audible cues. Moaning is definitely not a requirement. Tastes vary. Dirty talk and screaming are both appreciated by some members who will seek those out, but there's also a huge following for the wabbit hunting version (ssh, someone's home, etc), or the I'm trying to concentrate on [the viewers, the book I'm reading, etc] but here comes the orgasm thing.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: MissJasmineUK
I appreciate the answers, thank you! I was asking because I'm very interested in camming, but one of the household rules (I live in a sharehouse) is "no loud sex noises" (sound doesn't carry too far, so quiet moans are fine), so I was curious if it'd still be possible.

I appreciate the answers, thank you! I was asking because I'm very interested in camming, but one of the household rules (I live in a sharehouse) is "no loud sex noises" (sound doesn't carry too far, so quiet moans are fine), so I was curious if it'd still be possible.
I think it works well to have visual cues that I'm trying to hold my noises back, but still let some of them slip out. Irl I can get pretty loud, but I almost never fuck in places where noise isn't a concern at all, so trying to keep the volume down is actually very authentic for me, and I think that comes across on cam. I do a fair amount of biting things to keep myself quiet, lol. I've never gotten complaints, but every now and then you get the guys that repeatedly say "SCREAM! I WANT TO MAKE YOU SCREAM," which I handle about the same as someone who is under the impression that I can squirt any and every time they demand it or some other nonsense.

not even showing but breast to head, beautiful facial reaction, eyes rolling, erotic smile. I guess which ever works for you and what you are comfortable with to satisfy the tippers or just yourself.-- hope this helps
If your interested in performing this sort of show you can search for beautiful agony clips... a lot of times these are filmed from the upper chest up and don't show nudity at all.

This might be a dumb question, but what exactly do you put in the "Tell Us About Yourself" section in the MFC Model sign-up? What sort of information do they actually want? The question is a little vague... I don't want to accidentally ramble on about irrelevant nonsense.

Hey,

New model here with another annoying newb question. So i thought id add to this thread not start another.
New model status and cam score :
How important is this really? What should you be aiming for to keep your profile boosted/easy to find after new model status finishes?

I messed up my first hour, didnt except privates and wasted time on pms even though i told myself i wouldnt and cam score dropped to 970, took a few days to read up even more decided to wait for the weekend and be less overtly sexual (im from aw cam so im used to being overly sexual as soon as my room is on,seems mfc is more chatty and playful which i love! Ive cut waaaay back on the sexual which seems to work!). Next couple hours i managed to boost it up to 1379. Now i only have aprox 7hours left, what should i be aiming for so i dont have a HUGE crash in traffic to my room? How big a difference does new model status actually make? Would it be useful to put some clips up this early on in mfc cammig?
(Not sure if matters but im a chubby/snall bbw cam model so i understand that isnt as profitable sometimes but id like to make this account a success!)

Hi I got a cam equip related question. I have a Logitech c920 but I’m looking to do the effect like some cam girls and vloggers do in which the cam is more focused on the person and the background gets a little bit out of focus/blurry. How do you do that? And my apologies if I shouldn’t ask here, I just think it’s such a cool effect!

Hi I got a cam equip related question. I have a Logitech c920 but I’m looking to do the effect like some cam girls and vloggers do in which the cam is more focused on the person and the background gets a little bit out of focus/blurry. How do you do that? And my apologies if I shouldn’t ask here, I just think it’s such a cool effect!
As far as I know you would need to invest in a dslr camera to get the effect your looking for. Some girls do use them for camming but its not really a logical use for one. They are amazing for shooting content for clip site or blogging though.... a lot of us own them for this very reason but we still cam on our c920's.

I hate to ask a silly question but I went to upload my first photo on MFC, which I assume would be the profile photo/avatar that you see before clicking on a show and couldn't figure it out.

I've come to the page that says:
  • Do not upload any pictures of children
  • Do not upload any adult material or pictures with nudity
  • Do not upload any pictures from other webcam sites
    (even if they are of you)

Uploading nude or adult pictures will get your upload access removed.

For legal reasons we cannot host images of you without your clothes on.

How do models get a topless photo or full buttocks photos uploaded without issue? Do I just ignore the warning and upload that anyway? The photo I want to upload I am completely clothed but I don't want to risk uploading anything too risky if it's going to get my privileges revoked.

Thanks!