AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Bizarre Traffic

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So, this model I am a regular, she usually has an average of 50-100 users, a nice mix of colour, grey and anonymous.
Yesterday, she suddenly got an influx of users, and it shot up to just over 1000 (let's call ti 1000 from this point to make it easier).

It was very consistent, it was about 900 guests, and even if she went off the screen for 5, 10, or even 20 mins, the room count stayed at roughly the same - with only the "real" ones leaving. You know, a handful of people.
What made it weirder is, she refreshed her page because someone commented saying she was lagging, after she refreshed her page, ALL of this extra traffic vanished, and she was down to 60 viewers.

About 30 minutes later, still with the 60 users, she then rebooted her laptop and came back after about 10 minutes.
Guess wat? Yes, she got back up to 1000 again, with over 900 anonymous.

And then the same has happened today, she is online and has about 700 people, mostly all anonymous.

The interesting part was the whole "refresh> they vanished and didn't come back, until she rebooted". That confused me a lot, I don't think I have noticed that before

Reactions: anabeauty37
So, this model I am a regular, she usually has an average of 50-100 users, a nice mix of colour, grey and anonymous.
Yesterday, she suddenly got an influx of users, and it shot up to just over 1000 (let's call ti 1000 from this point to make it easier).

It was very consistent, it was about 900 guests, and even if she went off the screen for 5, 10, or even 20 mins, the room count stayed at roughly the same - with only the "real" ones leaving. You know, a handful of people.
What made it weirder is, she refreshed her page because someone commented saying she was lagging, after she refreshed her page, ALL of this extra traffic vanished, and she was down to 60 viewers.

About 30 minutes later, still with the 60 users, she then rebooted her laptop and came back after about 10 minutes.

And then the same has happened today, she is online and has about 700 people, mostly all anonymous.

The interesting part was the whole "refresh> they vanished and didn't come back, until she rebooted". That confused me a lot, I don't think I have noticed that before

900 new guests at the flick of a switch eh? That sort of "on / off" spiking room count looks mighty suspicious. It screams out that this room is highly likely to be running a bot to boost the room traffic artificially.

Guest augmentation! A bit like injecting some digital botox to plump your room count. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Upvote 0
I can be confident in saying she wouldn't do the traffic boost and wouldn't know how. And she is not with a studio, so the only other way imo is if one of her members has done it but then I don't think she has any regulars who would know, or could afford to buy traffic bots.

Edit:
For the record, not sure how long it takes for her to get all those guests, yesterday she was on for 3 hrs before I saw her.. today, 1.5hrs when I joined her room
Today the anonymous guests have gone down slowly, it was about 600 or just over today, now it's down to 300

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
A little too late to edit again but..

I have noticed, the more regular viewers and tippers she is getting the fewer anonymous she has. She has received a few thousand tokens and since then, her anonymous has dropped down to 250, not sure if this is just a coincidence or not. I doubt a paid for traffic bot would do this.

Upvote 0

any popup traffic campaign can generate a lot of traffic, divatraffic for example creates a lot of anon and it auto pauses if they go offline, if will resume later when they come back but the person controlling the campaign may have ended it at that point. Could also be an affiliate targetting a specific tag which would pick the model highest in position using that tag.

Upvote 0
We've discussed this a bit in MO since a few of us have had this happen to us. It's extremely bizarre and we don't like it because it looks like we're doing something sketch when we aren't. It definitely has nothing to do with tags since those of us who have commented on it rarely use tags. I have done some tests and I actually have it happen more often when I'm not using tags. It was very consistent for several weeks and has kinda dwindled a bit for me now. Sometimes it would happen 2-3 times during the same stream. Today, it didn't happen at all. My only guess is that its an affiliate.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not but when her moderator (one i have complained about spamming GIFs constantly) left, the majority (200-250) anonymous guests left too, so she went down to only 50 viewers total.
I am not sure if he is doing something or if that was a coincidence. I know she definitely doesn't pay for any kind of promotions or anything.

I will keep an eye and see if the traffic is boosted with this moderator there, and then drops again when he leaves

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not but when her moderator (one i have complained about spamming GIFs constantly) left, the majority (200-250) anonymous guests left too, so she went down to only 50 viewers total.
I am not sure if he is doing something or if that was a coincidence. I know she definitely doesn't pay for any kind of promotions or anything.

I will keep an eye and see if the traffic is boosted with this moderator there, and then drops again when he leaves
Why don’t you just tip her instead of over analyzing her room smh 🤦‍♀️ Sad

Reactions: EvaRomania
Upvote 0
Why don’t you just tip her instead of over analyzing her room smh 🤦‍♀️ Sad

Like with many people here, they/I want to know so it could be potentially good knowledge to have and understand if it is nothing to do with the model or a user, since its strange to happen. If its something to do with CB then there's questions. Everyone is wanting to learn how algorithms on CB works for placements and traffic. So whether you agree or disagree I will continue to be curious for this.

If some useful information can be learned from this and it can potentially help any model I visit then I think its worth it for me/them to know. It's always good to understand and know your tools as best as you can.

Upvote 0
Ok so it's definitely this moderator doing something.
She was just only 2 or 3 hours without him in the room, barely 40 users... suddenly he comes in the room and 10 minutes later the room is up to 1100, with over 1000 anonymous.
Well, mystery [somewhat] solved.

Upvote 0
Could just be a coincidence with the mod. I've seen the same with two models I visit. Neither have anything unusual going on. Just bots joining randomly. Has been discussed on some other threads here. Not new but have seen a lot over the last couple of weeks.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Could just be a coincidence with the mod. I've seen the same with two models I visit. Neither have anything unusual going on. Just bots joining randomly. Has been discussed on some other threads here. Not new but have seen a lot over the last couple of weeks.

It could be but twice? Once leaving, once increasing? It just seems too much of one, however with that said, I will keep an eye on it because now it made me more curious haha

Upvote 0
I had that situation maybe 3 times and once somebody told me that "he will do the magic" and then i got much more users and after that guy left-all that "extra users" also left . Some users are trying to make their own traffic,probably to sell it and they test it on some rooms.

Upvote 0

I am going to guess that one of her regulars bought her a marketing campaign, or alternately someone developing a CB marketing tool just decided to use her account for testing.

You mentioned she has a sketchy moderator who traffic seems to "follow". So you would guess he is a prime candidate. You might approach him without making it seem like a sin or a confrontation. Maybe say "I noticed that traffic seem to follow you being in the room and I am curious what tool you are using to move traffic to her room". He may deny it, or he may just come out and talk about it.

When she "refreshed" her page, did you have to refresh your browser to restart the video? My guess is that the programmers of the marketing tool simply did not anticipate all of the sequences in which a room resets.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
imo, It seems that it proves that it was a real 'flow' of users coming in and out, hence blocked when she got offline. Artificial viewers camped in her room would stay.
She may have a secret lover who paid some Ad service to gift her a flow.

Upvote 0
Yesterday her on her own: normal viewer count 50ish.
He comes again and after 10 minutes the anonymous boosts up to 1000+ again.

He leaves and they STAY, but then I receive a PM from her to point this out - she clearly did it because I had mentioned it to her on WhatsApp (I tried to ask if she would admit it, and to just let her know it makes no difference with the anonymous, and to be careful).

She left, and these anonymous viewers stayed in her room for 45 mins (I left after that and they were still there).
Surely if they were real, they would have gone down, but they stayed at 890ish.

Today she was on for 3 hours straight and only 40 - 70 viewers, he comes, and yes you guessed it, once AGAIN after 5 or 10 minutes, the anonymous count goes to over 1000.

Whether it's legit traffic bought, or a traffic bot, it is definitely something to do with him (and I also now assume her).

@Dan Epstein and you are perfectly correct. In all of these times, they have not had any new users that have started to tip her. It has all been her regulars still.
She has been having this traffic for over 1 week now and it hasn't made any difference.

The only thing for me was wanting to try figure out (when it seemed so random) just needed to settle the itch in my mind that I wasn't going crazy and it is something to do with that guy, and I have settled it. I still don't and won't know if it's legit or not, unfortunately. As much as I'd love to know, ultimately now, I don't care haha

***and i can breathe again** haha

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Yesterday her on her own: normal viewer count 50ish.
He comes again and after 10 minutes the anonymous boosts up to 1000+ again.

He leaves and they STAY, but then I receive a PM from her to point this out - she clearly did it because I had mentioned it to her on WhatsApp (I tried to ask if she would admit it, and to just let her know it makes no difference with the anonymous, and to be careful).

She left, and these anonymous viewers stayed in her room for 45 mins (I left after that and they were still there).
Surely if they were real, they would have gone down, but they stayed at 890ish.

Today she was on for 3 hours straight and only 40 - 70 viewers, he comes, and yes you guessed it, once AGAIN after 5 or 10 minutes, the anonymous count goes to over 1000.

Whether it's legit traffic bought, or a traffic bot, it is definitely something to do with him (and I also now assume her).

@Dan Epstein and you are perfectly correct. In all of these times, they have not had any new users that have started to tip her. It has all been her regulars still.
She has been having this traffic for over 1 week now and it hasn't made any difference.

The only thing for me was wanting to try figure out (when it seemed so random) just needed to settle the itch in my mind that I wasn't going crazy and it is something to do with that guy, and I have settled it. I still don't and won't know if it's legit or not, unfortunately. As much as I'd love to know, ultimately now, I don't care haha

***and i can breathe again** haha

Except doesn't this make her involved in the whole thing now? Now she's knowingly benefitting from it instead.

She know WHO's bought the traffic.
Didn't tell the person to stop.
Didn't remove the person as mod.

Saying that, 'she's NOT the person that would do this sort of stuff' except now she sort of is since she knows the who and why of the situation and is just sitting on it apparently.

Upvote 0
Except doesn't this make her involved in the whole thing now? Now she's knowingly benefitting from it instead.

She know WHO's bought the traffic.
Didn't tell the person to stop.
Didn't remove the person as mod.

Saying that, 'she's NOT the person that would do this sort of stuff' except now she sort of is since she knows the who and why of the situation and is just sitting on it apparently.

I genuinely didn't think she was the person to do it and risk her account (assuming it's fake traffic). She has been on the site for ... wow I about 7 years I think.
But yes sadly now I am confident she is involved and it's all on purpose.

Upvote 0
I genuinely didn't think she was the person to do it and risk her account (assuming it's fake traffic). She has been on the site for ... wow I about 7 years I think.
But yes sadly now I am confident she is involved and it's all on purpose.

Hes probably just wasting money on some cheap divatraffic packages and shes eating it up thinking hes making a difference. You already told her it makes no difference so thats really all you can do.

Upvote 0
Brett, prior to the weird traffic, has her room been a bit slow? I'm not saying I agree with buying traffic, but I'm not desperate and when people are desperate, they do desperate things. It's like people who say they would never steal, but if they're hungry enough, they definitely will. For many of us, CB has been a bit slow recently (summer) and maybe she is in desperate need of money for reasons unknown to you. If you still enjoy her and her room, I don't feel that this is a reason for you to stop going to her room and tipping her.

For myself, I have found no connection with a member, time of stream, tags, anything regarding my strange traffic. It happened to me again on Monday after I had been streaming for ~40 minutes and was literally just standing there talking with people.

Reactions: mira_leo
Upvote 0
Brett, prior to the weird traffic, has her room been a bit slow? I'm not saying I agree with buying traffic, but I'm not desperate and when people are desperate, they do desperate things. It's like people who say they would never steal, but if they're hungry enough, they definitely will. For many of us, CB has been a bit slow recently (summer) and maybe she is in desperate need of money for reasons unknown to you. If you still enjoy her and her room, I don't feel that this is a reason for you to stop going to her room and tipping her.

For myself, I have found no connection with a member, time of stream, tags, anything regarding my strange traffic. It happened to me again on Monday after I had been streaming for ~40 minutes and was literally just standing there talking with people.

Very very very slow and basically no tips most times, literally she would go days (5 or 6 hrs each day) without any tippers.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Brit
Upvote 0
Late to this thread, but in a room on CB that I frequent, a grey has been coming in over the last week or so; he/she writes several cheesy compliments to the model, posts a few equally cheesy gifs, then writes something like "make me a moderator and I guarantee you I'll increase your room numbers by <whatever>%"
So maybe there is some targetted approach. But not sure what the motivation to do this just to become a moderator would be?

Upvote 0
Late to this thread, but in a room on CB that I frequent, a grey has been coming in over the last week or so; he/she writes several cheesy compliments to the model, posts a few equally cheesy gifs, then writes something like "make me a moderator and I guarantee you I'll increase your room numbers by <whatever>%"
So maybe there is some targetted approach. But not sure what the motivation to do this just to become a moderator would be?

I have seen 1 specific grey do this, although many do it.
They literally just keep this one tab open with their account logged in, open a new tab and signout, then open her room 50 times in 50 tabs, then she gets 50 fake anonymous while he can still talk on the real account. It's one good and bad thing about being able to login to 100000 different accounts at the same time on CB. I find it useful to be able to do it (for a few reasons) but as with everything, people will find ways to exploit and take advantage.

I suppose you can do it on a much bigger scale, of 900, but I don't think (or assume) this other guy is doing that. 900 is quite a lot of tabs to have open of the same stream.
But usually those greys who promise to boost your room count, will do the above as I mentioned, and usually they always specific "50 new viewers"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.