AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Blackmail

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissSugarPink

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 24, 2014
Chicago
How do you guys deal with this stuff? ;-;

Someone was promising me an amazon giftcard but refused to send it. Eventually they said they'd send it for a few requests so I said sure why not. They keep threatening to send a screen shot of me "accepting payment other than tokens", even though I didn't get anything, to Chaturbate admins if I don't send them free content (which I'm not going to do) and it's really messing me up. It's my only source of income and without this money I wont be able to afford my medicine and I'll possibly go into acute kidney failure. I have a lot at risk over this dumb stuff and I'm sick of being blackmailed. ._.

If it was any site other than Chaturbate, I'd say laugh in their face and skip merrily into the field where no fucks grow. With it being Chaturbate though, it's not ideal. Maybe a pre-emptive email to Chaturbate with a screen shot of the guy trying to blackmail you would help your cause. You could always tell them that part of your reasoning for not sending him any content is that you've since learned it's against Chaturbate's rules to accept gift cards as payment but even though you've called the deal off, he's persisting with the blackmail :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
If it was any site other than Chaturbate, I'd say laugh in their face and skip merrily into the field where no fucks grow. With it being Chaturbate though, it's not ideal. Maybe a pre-emptive email to Chaturbate with a screen shot of the guy trying to blackmail you would help your cause. You could always tell them that part of your reasoning for not sending him any content is that you've since learned it's against Chaturbate's rules to accept gift cards as payment but even though you've called the deal off, he's persisting with the blackmail :twocents-02cents:

Thank you for your help ;v;

From what I have heard from other models with such threats I would go for no response or minimal response, never go along with it. If you are worried they will follow through you can delay or avoid the ban button, but most would just ban the member and take the risk of being reported.
You can't control anothers actions, and what is done is past. Should the worst happen, you can only plan for it and move forward. Make sure you work hard right now on cam, if chaturbate admin wants to punish you make that decision hurt for them too.

Reactions: DeezNA
Here's how I view the matter, I encourage anyone to chime in if they see any flaws in my logic either legally or logistically or want to add anything.

Primarily, ALWAYS take payment up-front. Period. I have seen way too many of my friends get scammed with promises of purchases through Wishlists and payments through gift cards... only to have the card default or the Wishlist purchases canceled after services were rendered.

Before offering *any* service to the customer, ensure that you have solid confirmation that the form of payment has gone through. Redeem the card immediately. Get a receipt ensuring that the Wishlist items are en route. If they want the show/content bad enough to pay through other means, they can wait for legitimate confirmation.

Second, when dealing with any exchange of currency outside of gifts, do it outside of CB. Password shows, content, etc... just advertise it on Twitter or something if you're not selling it directly through CB. It should be noted that our "pay-cut" that CB takes from our token cash-out pays for those hosting services, security, advertising, etc, so they may not take kindly to using their servers and interface when you are circumventing their payment systems. As a precaution, I would not explicitly advertise that you offer services for external payment, but accepting gifts is absolutely permitted.

This "customer" can try to extort you as much as (s)he wants, but they will accomplish nothing. As far as it stands on record, you "generously provided them with a product free of charge" since no payment was rendered. They can go to CB Support if they want, but since money never changed hands, you are guilty of nothing. Don't let them get in your head.

Most of us have been through situations similar to this. If this "customer" runs their mouth or tries to blackmail you, ban them and warn your friends of their scammy ways. Do NOT give them anything more.

:twocents-02cents:

Whenever I get someone on CB trying to pay for services with a method other than tokens, I politely inform (always by typing) them that what they are asking is against the rules and that I accept tokens only. When they reply, trying to continue to get me to accept a wishlist purchase/giftcard/etc, I screenshot the conversation and send it to support. That way, my butt's covered if the member should for some reason try to take action, as the screencap clearly shows who is following the rules and who is not. I also have stated in my profile that wishlist items and giftcards are gifts only, and cannot be exchanged for shows or content, so that's an extra layer of butt-covering. I also link my twitter, Tumblr, and an email address to send gift cards to, so if someone should happen to contact me outside of CB, well, they contacted me outside of CB, so neither of us is violating rules.

And to repeat what Deez said, always make sure that the payment has cleared before providing any content or shows. This means a wishlist item has arrived and is in your hands, a GiftRocket or Google Wallet transaction has been deposited into your bank account, or a gift card has been spent on something. This way, the payment cannot be reversed, and you won't be ripped off.

While it's great to give advice now that she should not be taking outside payment agreements on site the issue is she already agreed to do it and we all know CB has a ban first and ignore them policy. Its pretty serious for him to say he's gonna do this actually. Personally I figure what's done is done and try to fix it before he potentially does what he is threatening to do.
Id get online and wait for him to come in or contact im some other way. I know CB logs arent saved for models so you need to get a copy of his blackmail crap. Once he's on message him and flat out say something like "so you're threatening to report me to CB for something that didnt even happen (taking an outside payment) if I don't give you free videos and such." However you wanna word it but making it clear it's blackmail. As soon as he says yes Print Screen that crap and block his ass. Then immediately send that stuff to support and Shirley. Explain you didnt know outside payments werent allowed but you are now aware and now he is blackmailing you for it and wanted to make sure you were no gonna get banned. That he never sent any payment so you did not break any rules but he is threatening you anyway.

Oh and also to comment on what Deez said claiming an Amazon card does mean the money was legit sent but the guy can still at that point charge it back and take it away from you. Doesnt matter that it's in your account. The only was to ensure they can't is to spend it. Sucks to have to not only verify but spend the thing before a show.

MissSugarPink said:
How do you guys deal with this stuff? ;-;

Someone was promising me an amazon giftcard but refused to send it. Eventually they said they'd send it for a few requests so I said sure why not. They keep threatening to send a screen shot of me "accepting payment other than tokens", even though I didn't get anything, to Chaturbate admins if I don't send them free content (which I'm not going to do) and it's really messing me up. It's my only source of income and without this money I wont be able to afford my medicine and I'll possibly go into acute kidney failure. I have a lot at risk over this dumb stuff and I'm sick of being blackmailed. ._.

I'm Shirley a rep from Chaturbate.com. Ignore this person. The only people who have the ability to ban you are admins. If anything report the username to me for harassment Shirley@Chaturbate.com.

Reactions: PRISM
Status
Not open for further replies.