AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

brio blurry/autofocus issue (need help)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bmitch2

so with the logitch brio/4kpro i'm having a serious problem with the cam. it keeps turning blurry/ unfocusing and for the life of me i can't figure out how to stop it. i assume its the autofocus. never had the problem with the old c920.

Do you have the logitech settings software installed/up to date? It's under the Advanced tab. You may have to reset it when you switch video platforms, though.

Also, for some reason, you can't turn off autofocus in Windows Camera. It drives me crazy.

I could swear that I've heard from other models that the settings on the Brio aren't able to be manually adjusted, so everything has to stay on auto.

I could be wrong though, and if so, I'll go update the camgirlwiki page about it.

Do you have the logitech settings software installed/up to date? It's under the Advanced tab. You may have to reset it when you switch video platforms, though.

Also, for some reason, you can't turn off autofocus in Windows Camera. It drives me crazy.
so if i download the logitech camera app you think i'll be able to turn off autofocus and then manually adjust? would i also the have to adjust the settings obs? i move around so i'm not sure how that will turn out

so with the logitch brio/4kpro i'm having a serious problem with the cam. it keeps turning blurry/ unfocusing and for the life of me i can't figure out how to stop it. i assume its the autofocus. never had the problem with the old c920.

I saw a lot of posts online the other day complaining that Brio was using the default device driver until Windows 10 and people were asking Logitech why they never released their own driver, to allow additional settings control. To make it worse, Logitech support was dancing around this issue and never actually stating it clearly. Does anyone know what the status is with that issue?

It's pretty amazing that Logitech would advertise this as a premium 4K camera and then forget to write the software that allows the same level of control as the more popular C920.

C920 is an awesome little camera! Put all the settings on manual, raise the exposure high and the gain to low. Set the focus to a fixed position and design the show within a radius of that. Combined with great lighting, there is nothing in that camera that would hold a performer back. At $50 for the C920, you might want to just pick one up so you can do side-by-side comparisons with the Brio.

I'm using a brio, I dislike it because I cant really manually control it. You are able to do some stuff in the control panel for it, but it is limited. I always have to turn off the auto focus, because I constantly go in and out of focus.

The Logitech Brio support download page includes Camera Settings for both mac and pc.

Ok so using the actual software from Logitech you CAN adjust the autofocus... I am betting it's just not an option for those of us who adjust our cam settings directly from OBS which use default windows drivers. (Not sure if that's the proper terminology.)

Ok so using the actual software from Logitech you CAN adjust the autofocus... I am betting it's just not an option for those of us who adjust our cam settings directly from OBS which use default windows drivers. (Not sure if that's the proper terminology.)

Your guess is as good as mine.
To me it sounds like the drivers are MS, and Logitech Camera Settings just changes some settings on the camera itself.
It sounds like Sillykitty might have it working, but has to constantly re-apply settings to the camera.

I'm using a brio, I dislike it because I cant really manually control it. You are able to do some stuff in the control panel for it, but it is limited. I always have to turn off the auto focus, because I constantly go in and out of focus.

When you turn off auto focus, do you also disable background replacement?

Also have you tried Logitech G Hub? In G HUB you should be able to add the camera and create a preset with your desired settings. One you have created and applied the settings to your Camera the settings should stay. And if another app changes the settings on the camera, you should be able to re-apply the preset to the camera.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sillykitty
Status
Not open for further replies.