AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Girl Doxxed By Australia Post but blamed and blocked me, her privacy is at risk

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2021
I wonder if you guys might be able to advice and maybe assist in a bit of a tricky situation. I was hanging out with a wonderful Aussie model on MFC and I sent her a gift to her Parcel locker (its a kinda like a PO Box) and due to a quirk in the system I received an Email from Australia Post with her full name. So I sent her a copy of it to inform her of the privacy breach, after which time she accused me of intentionally doxxing her and promptly blocked me only all platforms. I have since learned that is not really a quirk, but after I contacted Australia post about the breach and they basically tell me its working as intended and if anyone ships something to a parcel locker and has their own email address for the shipping notification updates they will receive a similar email to on that I did.
I have tried to reach out to her but complete radio silence, I've even asked one of her room regulars to contact her and radio silence.

I know enough about her details from talking to her and her name to locate her if needed, which I won't because that's not cool. But if someone else who didn't respect her privacy comes across the information does?

Any ideas?

Also Aussie Models you should probably not give out any Parcel locker details, its not private and basically anyone can obtain your name!

Hey bro. If you want I can send her this link so she can have a read. But can't do much if she still don't wanna talk. At least she knows now not to give her PO BoX out next time.

The problem is I don't think she realises how bad it its, it seems that she is under the impression that I did something I shouldn't have to get the details.
I'm not comfortable providing any of her details to an unverified member they don't know her already, A verified model maybe could help.

Yeh all good bro, pass it on to one of the models. Wouldn't stress so much, I'm pretty sure now she won't give her po Box out again.

That really sucks. You did the right thing by telling her. She may have reacted too quickly in the moment, because it really can be terrifying to know that somebody else knows your name. I hope she comes around after some time of thinking about it.. and that's really all I would recommend: give her time and space, even though you are being wrongly punished.

If she didn't understand your intentions the first time, I don't see how it would help to try to reach out again, instead leaving it up to her to come back on her own terms.

Thank you for having written this post in the forum, because you may have also helped other australians understand the potential risk.

I'm not concerned about her blocking me.
I'd be happy to have no further contact as long as I know she knows that there is a privacy issue, I don't think she does.
I just remembered that there was another Aussie Model that she lived with previously so I MFC mailed her.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I'll be the messenger if you'd like , I'm already shot to shit :meh:.

Feel free to send me her name on my insta , just reference "acf answer" so I can filter

Guys don't get involved. OP warned her, but we don't know her side of the story. Woman is already stressing out and scared. She doesn't need other people pestering her.

Guys don't get involved. OP warned her, but we don't know her side of the story. Woman is already stressing out and scared. She doesn't need other people pestering her.
You’re right!

I discovered another way name and address can be easily gained from Amazon wish lists. I won't go into details in case someone gets the wrong idea.

I discovered another way name and address can be easily gained from Amazon wish lists. I won't go into details in case someone gets the wrong idea.

Which is why I don't use Amazon wish lists. I prefer to be "gifted" in tokens anyway.

most models here advise against amazon wishlists for that reason.

Without giving any details is this something that will still work even if the model unchecks the box that allows amazon to provide their address to third party merchants?

Good that you warned her.
Not familiar with how an AusPost parcel locker works, but does it identify a location - city and state?
Bad enough that the system disclosed her full name, but if the name and location could be matched, that's a terrible security breach.
Not surprised she was freaked out.

Without giving any details is this something that will still work even if the model unchecks the box that allows amazon to provide their address to third party merchants?
Yes, unscrupulous people can still manage to get information even in that situation.

I'm not actually sure if this works in all circumstances but try returning an item you bought on the wishlist. Amazon will give you the ability to print the return label. That label will have the name and the entire address of the wishlist recipient.

Which is why I don't use Amazon wish lists. I prefer to be "gifted" in tokens anyway.
Yeah, if they are dead set on "gifting" I allow them to send me e-gift cards on Amazon but that's it. And only if I already have stuff I want to buy there immediately, but that's kind of all the time. I need to stop lining those Bezos pockets, I know.

Good that you warned her.
Not familiar with how an AusPost parcel locker works, but does it identify a location - city and state?
Bad enough that the system disclosed her full name, but if the name and location could be matched, that's a terrible security breach.
Not surprised she was freaked out.

Yeah Its much like a PO Box but you don't rent them. Basically a secure collection service so you can pickup things that would otherwise be delivered when you aren't home. So I figure Australia Post expects the sender to already know the identity of the person so they don't see it has an issue.
So know the suburb and state.
I think there is a market for a business/co-op to allow secure shipping, ie setup a business and the models rent the box through the business name, but that's probably off topic.

I'm not surprised she freaked out either, it looks like she hasn't even collected the gift so it will end up being returned to sender and I'll probably get a refund so in the end its nothing to me.
I just want to make sure that she and other models are aware of the potential privacy issues at stake here, because as much as most of us are nice guys that wouldn't do anything nasty there is some really nasty dudes out there.

So know the suburb and state.
Yup. That's bad then. Sounds like the system is designed to be an alternative to regular door-to-door mail delivery, and assumes both sender and receiver already know the other's identity........
So when the model gave you her locker address, presumably that gave you the city and state? And then the email confirmed her name? Even without the name, providing the city alone could put someone at risk of being tracked down.

Yeah, if they are dead set on "gifting" I allow them to send me e-gift cards on Amazon but that's it. And only if I already have stuff I want to buy there immediately, but that's kind of all the time. I need to stop lining those Bezos pockets, I know.

I love Amazon, but right now with how bad my camscore is now...and the struggle to even make payout these days, my priority is to receive tokens. Whether they're "just because" tips, MFC Share purchases, or tips for flashes.

I love Amazon, but right now with how bad my camscore is now...and the struggle to even make payout these days, my priority is to receive tokens. Whether they're "just because" tips, MFC Share purchases, or tips for flashes.
For sure. A cash gift is always tops in my book. Just send the $$$ don't complicate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.