AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming Abroad?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey friends!!

I just decided to take advantage of an awesome opportunity to travel in Europe this fall... I want to keep camming though

Wondering if anyone knows the legality of camming while traveling? Like in regards to visas. My friend is going to au pair in Paris, I tentatively plan to start there but I want to visit my friends in other countries... I see this being relatively long term, like 6 months at least

Any input as to where to start would be awesome!!!

Reactions: camstory
I've seen several girls do it while traveling and they don't mention having any issues as long as there's available wifi. Why would there be any "legality" concerns anyway as long as "site standards" are maintained?

The girl I spoke to somewhat more about her vacation and camming made no big deal of it. It was all sent to her Payoneer card account anyway and that was it. She kept it all simple and when she got back home, it was just wages in her taxable income...
As long as you're vacationing, I'd venture to guess you will have more issues finding hot spots or good connections to handle the stream. :twocents-02cents:
you might ask a tax person before you go bc I have heard if you're out of the country earning for a certain period of time per tax year, its not taxable.

Disclaimer : :-D
I'm neither camgirl nor world wide visa or tax guru...

I cam from everywhere I travel and have done it from almost every country in Europe. All you need is a good wifi, most hotels have it. Just have in mind, that many guys from the US filter Europe and will no longer see you, if you cam from here. I think if they put you on their friends list it will be ok.
If you recieve your payments via Payoneer, it will keep going there and noone will know where you have cammed from. Can't think of any legal issues you may have.

Reactions: LucyGoodtimes
USA will never know you made money while you were traveling. France will never know you made money during your visit. This problem would only be put if you were going to work for a company or start a business.

That is France/Europe, not North Korea. There will be no raid in your room to know what you are doing ;)

Adrianna_ said:
[...]that many guys from the US filter Europe and will no longer see you[...]
I believe the filter is applied based on the info the model has on her profile, not her real/current location.

There will not be any problem camming from Europe. If you are worried about your money then it will be paid into your account as normal and be subject to tax at USA rates. You will find that the tax authorities in all European countries will not be worried about your activities, unless you take up permanent residence. You will also find greater opportunities to cam outside. Laws in Europe are pretty much the same as in the USA but the police are less brutal.And you can do what you like from your hotel room or apartment.

MyCamgirl said:
I believe the filter is applied based on the info the model has on her profile, not her real/current location.

I dont think this is the case - it appears to be based on your IP addresss location, not on the country listed on your profile or associated with the ID/residence address at signup. So the filter could still present a problem...

It was discussed previosuly here:

http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7577

graciereilly said:
MyCamgirl said:

I dont think this is the case - it appears to be based on your IP addresss location, not on the country listed on your profile or associated with the ID/residence address at signup. So the filter could still present a problem...

It was discussed previosuly here:

http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7577
I don't have permission to access that thread. But it was mentioned before (can't find the post) that some European models put "USA" on their profiles to bypass the filter. I never tested.

But I know that if the model is on the member's favorite list, the filter won't be applied and the member can see her. So, her regulars will probably be able to find her.

;)

Thanks for the advice everyone!! Didn't even think of the European filter... Funny cause I have one on my prem account :p guess i gotta rack up a lotta friends in the months to come!!

I guess I knew the income wouldn't be a huge problem, I guess I've recently realised what a paranoid person I am! Silly I guess, but I try to abide by the law when I can... Cough cough winky face

Laws?? We dont need no steenking laws BB.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Girls can put USA in their profile but if their IP is European or whatever and someone has that blocked you will be filtered out. Several girls traveling have had this issue.
I suggest letting every one know they will need to add you to their friends list to find you when you leave and also always tweet when youre getting on with your room link attached. Then they just have to click to get to you. A few tweets also you may suggest adding Europe to see you.
For payment just keep getting paid through payoneer or direct deposit and Europe wont care. Youre a USA resident and thats what matters. As long as you arent taking up permanent residence somewhere, or trying to become a citizen there.

LucyGoodtimes said:
i had an idea how to get around european model filters... what about a proxy server? my ex used one to get around my ny state block. would that work or did mfc already think about that?

While in Germany I used VPN server in the US to reroute my traffic. MFC will see you on a US IP and you will show as a US model. These VPN servers are not free though. One option is http://hidemyass.com/ Sign up there and make sure to use one of their US servers and that should do the trick. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.