AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Mine has been dropping like crazy and I just got my new highest tip on Thursday and haven't logged on since. wtf. I try not to buy into the camscore things too much but my goal was to keep it over 2500 and it just keeps dropping. i want to cry.

It's a really tough thing to come to terms with.

I've been beating myself up so badly over it for the past couple weeks, crying often, feeling really bad, obsessing over the profiles of other models that have higher scam scores and trying to work out WHY they're worth 30000 scam score points and I'm only worth 4000. FUCK THIS SHIT.

What I realised is.. yeah, they might be higher than me on the page list. They're in the top row. But guess what? I'm in the second fucking row. Scam scores have little effect really. I understand that they have made it just seem so important. Hey, it's the first number you see when you check your own profile. Staring at you, all like, "HULLO, Biaaach, you're only worth 2869.3 today. I've dropped 400 points for absolutely no apparent reason whatsoever! BWAHAHA, AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE DOING WELL?!?!"

BUT! Think about it this way, there are lots of models logged in. There are wildly varying scam scores. The girls in private and group are right at the top anyway, so it's not like ScamScoreModelNumberOne gets top place. She's just behind a bunch of thumbnails too. Does it matter how many thumbnails you're behind? Men don't work their way methodically down the list from left to right basing their tipping decisions on scam score, admirers and what your rating is. They look for the hottest thumbnail/most interesting thumbnail and they give you a shot.

Not even to mention that a massive amount of the guys order their lists differently so that they can see their favourite models first, and guess what? ScamScoreModelNumberOne isn't even IN HIS FRIENDS LIST, so she's at the bottom of the page and you're top!

I'm not saying it's to be ignored, I have issues with it myself. What I've done is started working easier hours and just been honest (as always) with my customers, explaining that my scam score is bothering me and I worry that people might think I'm less awesome than ScamScoreModelNumberOne just because she has a higher score. They're always supportive and scoff at the very idea of choosing a model based on some bullshit number based on Leo's bowel movements (Lawl, that theory IS genius!) and you'll feel a lot better!

I've written you an essay again. I'm so embarrassed.

Nothing to do with camscore but...UKgg, I really, super enjoy listening to your adorable rants in your room and I definitely enjoy reading your posts here. Please post MOAR! :-D

A model's camscore plays absolutely no role in my decision to see her or not. I take that back. If her score is too high, I usually avoid her. Why? Because she already has 500 fanboys in her room.

Agree... usually high cam score girls rooms are way too busy and devoid of any atmosphere... hard to be heard above the chat din!

ComicOzzie said:
A model's camscore plays absolutely no role in my decision to see her or not. I take that back. If her score is too high, I usually avoid her. Why? Because she already has 500 fanboys in her room.
Yeah - the top rooms are usually avoided..
but I can see that it concerns a model if she is in the top 100 displayed models or not.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
ComicOzzie said:

I totally agree. Once the girl reaches the stratosphere of a high cam score, in fact even when she begins begins to be concerned about her score ( and by that I mean constantly nagging everyone about it) then she is to be avoided. TEEEEP MEEEE.

Moreover all kinds of room pimps exist in MFC but more so in the high score rooms. Jackasses who flood the room with their comments/ego trip and those that encourage bans.

I forgot to add that the rooms where the girls score is average say 1000 to 3000, then interaction can be fun. In rooms 5000 to 7000 it changes to being a lot less fun because of the pre-occupation with score. Beyond 7000 if you write in public then you risk a ban or a comment from the pimp. Or its no privates, no groups, just tips. Hey why don't I just empty my pockets for you?

Reactions: SoTxBob
cigar92 said:
I forgot to add that the rooms where the girls score is average say 1000 to 3000, then interaction can be fun. In rooms 5000 to 7000 it changes to being a lot less fun because of the pre-occupation with score. Beyond 7000 if you write in public then you risk a ban or a comment from the pimp. Or its no privates, no groups, just tips. Hey why don't I just empty my pockets for you?
You're right, no one ever has fun in my room nor can they participate in the chat simply because my score is too high and I have way too many people.

In busy rooms, you should only fear being banned if you're speaking like a 'tard or saying trollish things. Even if my camscore was in the 1000-3000 range I'd still ban people for talking to me like that.

cigar92 said:
I think that is bullshit.
i usually avoid the top 2-3 rooms because they are normally very crowded - but i would never think the model would be less fun because her camscore is higher - people don't tip popularity - they tip for good entertainment - and i know no top woman that is not a good entertainer.

Traditio said:
cigar92 said:
I think that is bullshit.
i usually avoid the top 2-3 rooms because they are normally very crowded - but i would never think the model would be less fun because her camscore is higher - people don't tip popularity - they tip for good entertainment - and i know no top woman that is not a good entertainer.

I agree. The top models are entertaining, and newcomers will be made to feel welcome as long as they treat them with respect, and especially if they show their appreciation with the occasional tip.

Sweet_Loli said:
Heya, I'd like to add that logging into your software does not affect your camscore. I talked with the admins about this just a couple of days ago because I log in to chat with model friends. I was afraid this was affecting me but they said it does not.

Unless something has changed logging into your model software will be calculated as "time online" and even though we do not know the exact formula for cam score "time online" does have and effect that is for sure. There are several girls that are part of this forum who have stayed logged into there model software only to have there cam score bomb and have to get it back up....I THINK JoJo was one of those and she has worked her ass off to get her score back in the 4k range which is a great achievement!!

Reactions: JoleneBrody
I received a 23k tip and my score only went up about 500 points. But having that in my overall average has helped my CS climb since then. Once that day falls off though, I'm back at square one. A more realistic goal, if you're working to better your score, is consistently higher tokens/hour averages day in and day out.

But I mainly posted to ask: Why in the hell would someone photoshop a tip amount?! Lawd, lawd!

TeslaWynn said:
I received a 23k tip and my score only went up about 500 points. But having that in my overall average has helped my CS climb since then. Once that day falls off though, I'm back at square one. A more realistic goal, if you're working to better your score, is consistently higher tokens/hour averages day in and day out.

But I mainly posted to ask: Why in the hell would someone photoshop a tip amount?! Lawd, lawd!

From my understanding... "Bitches be jealous" or something silly along those lines.

Reactions: Tesla
TeslaWynn said:
Psychology? Trying to get other prems to up the ante and tip higher or drop large tip bombs? I don't know if it would actually work, but I can imagine a kind of sick, fanboy logic, "OMGF! I need to drop huge tip bombs!!11!!1!"

Don't get me wrong. Huge tips are great and congrats to models who receive them and kudos to the people who give them. If customers in my profession suddenly gave me a huge bonus, I'd be all :blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :-D

Or maybe waogo is right. :)

Reactions: Tesla
WickedTouch said:

Agree... usually high cam score girls rooms are way too busy and devoid of any atmosphere... hard to be heard above the chat din!

I've had one guy twice in the last week complain that he can't talk in my room b/c it's been too busy. Too busy to him = a handful of people talking. He only wants to talk when it is ONLY him talking. This drives me crazy!! If there are a bunch of people talking, I LOVE new people joining in! The more the merrier for sure! Honestly, even if there are 300 some people in a room, only a couple people will be actively talking. It's just the people who are actively talking are active! Jump in and chat, I guarantee you the model will enjoy your additions to the conversation.

And only trolls get banned. People who are contributing to the conversation are not. (Unless there are past issues that contribute to the ban.)

EllaXoXo said:
I've had one guy twice in the last week complain that he can't talk in my room b/c it's been too busy. Too busy to him = a handful of people talking. He only wants to talk when it is ONLY him talking. This drives me crazy!!

That's called a private :D Or he can chat via PM instead if he wishes, but I assume it requires some form of incentive to make you divide your time from the others who use the standard functionality of MFC to communicate :D I wouldn't get driven crazy by him and his insane desires...

EllaXoXo said:
WickedTouch said:

I've had one guy twice in the last week complain that he can't talk in my room b/c it's been too busy. Too busy to him = a handful of people talking. He only wants to talk when it is ONLY him talking. This drives me crazy!! If there are a bunch of people talking, I LOVE new people joining in! The more the merrier for sure! Honestly, even if there are 300 some people in a room, only a couple people will be actively talking. It's just the people who are actively talking are active! Jump in and chat, I guarantee you the model will enjoy your additions to the conversation.

And only trolls get banned. People who are contributing to the conversation are not. (Unless there are past issues that contribute to the ban.)

In my book, that deserves a ban. I say this, because that is the kind of guy who will try to make your room an unpleasant place for others, maybe without you even realizing it. I had to ban my highest tipper, because he was purposely trying to make the other guys look bad. Scamscore sucks, maybe we should all come up with our own ranking system! LOL!

I'm starting to become addicted to checking my score. Is there a self-help thread for camscore addicts? When I take this survey and substitute cam score for drugs/alcohol it makes me think I may have a problem. :-D

___ I frequently (once or twice a day) find that my conversation centers on my cam score.

___ Most of my friends or acquaintances are people who center around my cam score.

___ I have lost days of school/work because of my cam score.

___ I have had the shakes when going without checking my cam score.

___ I regularly check my cam score upon awakening, before eating,
or while at school/work.

___ I have periods of time that can't be remembered (blackouts). ie. life before cam score

___ Family members think my camscore is a problem for me.

___ I have tried to quit using camscore but cannot. (A good test is voluntarily going for six weeks without checking cam score and not experiencing physical or emotional distress.)

___ I often double up and/or check my cam score more often than others at parties.

___ I often check my cam score to "get ready" for a social occasion.

___ I regularly hide my cam score from those close to me so that they
will not know how much I am checking my score.

___ I often check my cam score by myself.

___ My checking my cam score has led to conflict with my friends or family members.

The above items are drawn from the clinical experiences of mental health professionals who have worked with people having alcohol or drug abuse or cam score problems. In general, the more items noted, the more likely there is a problem with using substances.

Scoring:
* If you noted three of the statements you should be suspicious about the way you use cam score.
* If you noted four you may have the beginnings of a problem and perhaps should start looking for some kind of help.
* If you noted more than four, it would probably be a good idea to talk about your use of cam score with a professional counselor.

AmazingAshlee said:
Scamscore sucks, maybe we should all come up with our own ranking system! LOL!

Ohh! Me likey :) Perhaps some type of rating we could post on our MFC profiles that relate to some kind of AmberCutie score, lol.

Woot! Camscore thread!

...I just deleted an entire three paragraphs because they seemed more like a vent session only slightly relevant to this thread. So...

I am definitely working harder to improve my camscore (I think it's in the 600's...), but seriously: It's tough! I've yet to "crack the code", so to speak.

Let's all hang in there together, ladies! Things are bound to improve. :h:

NerdCandy said:
Woot! Camscore thread!

...I just deleted an entire three paragraphs because they seemed more like a vent session only slightly relevant to this thread. So...

I am definitely working harder to improve my camscore (I think it's in the 600's...), but seriously: It's tough! I've yet to "crack the code", so to speak.

Let's all hang in there together, ladies! Things are bound to improve. :h:

I feel ya. Mines in the 400s but I think a lot of that is due to the fact that I took a 3 month break and then when I returned, I was told that I couldn't start a new account but that they could reinstate my old one. I haven't had the opportunity to "crack the code" either. It's def HORRIBLY hard to recover from such a low cam score but I still try and stay positive. Maybe it'll happen, one day. lol

As a member I can say with confidence I fucking HATE the camscore thing. It's talked about on everything!.

Twitter - "help me with this guys to get my camscore up", "guys my camscore dropped x amount send me off line love!" etc etc
Rooms - "Guys I can't just hang out and chat even though I would like to, my camscore will drop" "my camscore is low, people must not like me here" "my camscore is low, I'm not good looking enough to be a cam model" "what a shitty day, my camscore dropped x amount"
Profiles - "do this and this and this to help my camscore" camscore this, camscore that.

Seriously, I can see how it affects models on a daily basis, and how their mood goes up and down based on the camscore. FUCKING ridiculous. Imagine how much FUN mfc would be without that CONSTANT background factor playing into everything. ugh

Recovery5 said:
As a member I can say with confidence I fucking HATE the camscore thing. It's talked about on everything!.

Twitter - "help me with this guys to get my camscore up", "guys my camscore dropped x amount send me off line love!" etc etc
Rooms - "Guys I can't just hang out and chat even though I would like to, my camscore will drop" "my camscore is low, people must not like me here" "my camscore is low, I'm not good looking enough to be a cam model" "what a shitty day, my camscore dropped x amount"
Profiles - "do this and this and this to help my camscore" camscore this, camscore that.

Seriously, I can see how it affects models on a daily basis, and how their mood goes up and down based on the camscore. FUCKING ridiculous. Imagine how much FUN mfc would be without that CONSTANT background factor playing into everything. ugh

I hear that same thing from random members every day that I am on camera. Even as a model I can understand and even sympathize with your perspective on this. I have a theory: Imagine being a model on MFC with around 50 people in your room. You've been on camera for the better part of 30 minutes or more doing your best to tease and please; yet the people in your room are either quiet or pre-occupied with questions/conversation with one another. You decide to answer PM's which are rife with compliments and requests to show more...this is how it pans out.

Requester: "Let's see that ass baby."

Model: "Tip for requests, please."

Requester: "Awww please? Where u from sexy??"

And much more. You're then inclined to tell the room, sweetly, that requests should come with a tip. If that doesn't work, then it's the "Please rate and admire me" request to the room. You're on a bit longer but still, no one is interacting with you, no one is tipping and you know for darn sure no one has rated and admired you. This is discouraging. It does NOT make you feel appreciated. So, you decide to log off and return to log in later that day, so you can shrug it all off and not let it affect the room. When you get back on camera, all you are met with is this:

"You only care about tips don't you?!"
"What's wrong bb y u mad?"
"I appreciated seeing you! Let's see those lovely breasts when you get back online."

In a nutshell...

Our camscore is the perfect mindfuck for MFC to use against our livelihood (for those of us affected by it). The better it is, the better chance we have at being able to gain new regulars, bring back some previous regulars and is something that MFC pretty much allows to determine our ranking on the site as opposed to most premium members occupying a room, etc. I think it's safe to say that most of us really don't give a shit about it anymore and that we really are trying to concentrate on just having fun with the members.

Personally, MFC should use the hojillion amounts of money they make from tokens to pay one of the MANY IT Professionals/Code Monkey premium members to implement a five-star ranking system that is visible on the home page for members, or in their member account. This would allow them to access it immediately and make it much more convenient for them. Or, there could be a list of models they had watched that day, which would include the models' image with option to rate and admire her AND the performance, send a tip, send MFC mail and refer models to other premium members. These functions would be optional to use in premium accounts.

Ugh. It took forever to get mine above 9000 and it dropped about 1200 in only a few days!! Usually i don't track those things very closely, but this seems ridiculous. i was wondering if any other girls are having this significant of a drop lately. i didn't stay on for hours with no tipping, and did my normal shows. Weird!!

Zoomer said:
EllaXoXo said:
I've had one guy twice in the last week complain that he can't talk in my room b/c it's been too busy. Too busy to him = a handful of people talking. He only wants to talk when it is ONLY him talking. This drives me crazy!!

That's called a private :D Or he can chat via PM instead if he wishes, but I assume it requires some form of incentive to make you divide your time from the others who use the standard functionality of MFC to communicate :D I wouldn't get driven crazy by him and his insane desires...

Even after being here for several years, I'm still amazed at the spoiled boychilds that seem to require pm chat. I have seen so many models try to keep the pm guys happy only to suffer and ultimately lose much of the room activity. And sadly, many of these dolts dont tip at all after they get pm privileges and bitch and whine if the girl doesnt give them the priority they feel they deserve for their tiny tips last month..... :twocents-02cents:

SophiaLocke said:
Ugh. It took forever to get mine above 9000 and it dropped about 1200 in only a few days!! Usually i don't track those things very closely, but this seems ridiculous. i was wondering if any other girls are having this significant of a drop lately. i didn't stay on for hours with no tipping, and did my normal shows. Weird!!

Check what your token income was on the days exactly 60 days before the "few days" you mentioned. You may have made your regular token income during these recent "few days", but 60 days ago you might have had some really really good days. Now that those days have fallen outside the 60 day sliding window, you're seeing a big camscore drop.

tl;dr: it's not that you are doing bad recently, it's just that you did really good two months ago

Reactions: olivialuxxx
Status
Not open for further replies.