AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a model and a member really be friends?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they can, absolutely. I've had chats with models off cam on their premium accounts, just shooting the shit. I have no desire to learn Ambah's, Eva's, Aedan's, Zoe's or JoJo's real names (for example) because to me that's who they are. Calling a model HotMFCSlut69 over and over again would be kinda awkward however. Heck, in a foreign language Veeru (what most models call me) could be a real first name as well. One model does know but I told her to only use it when we're PMing each other. In public, I'm Veeru.

I am kind of new here so most my experience comes from strip clubs and I have made some good friends from strip clubs. I would be the guy in there on the slow nights talking about anything and making the stupid joke when she is not in a good mood. The biggest thing is to treat her like a person and not as some sex object.
Now in here, if we are pming I am having my normal conversation and sometimes helping her out with some ideas for a show. In the chat room I will jump in and try to liven up the crowd a bit to help her get more tips.
Best things I found about this is show her respect for her boundaries and let her take the lead.

Most definitely, yes, models and members can be friends. Online MFC friends.

I have a few model friends on MFC. Each relationship is different. Some sexual, others not sexual at all. Just like real life. Just be sure not to confuse it with real life.

With the world now so technologically integrated, I think that you can become friends with someone without ever meeting in real life. It won't be the same kind of friendship, but a friendship nonetheless.

If you are concerned about what a "friend" may expect from you, mmmm, not a friend. I have models and members that I consider my MFC friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as the name issue goes, what's the major malfunction here? If cam name is something like SuzytheCamBitch, when asked say, yeah, real name Susie. End of story. If cam name is more along the lines of SuperSquirte88, say name is Susie. End of story. Or just ignore. Not anything to get upset about.

my $0.02

I think it can go both ways on this subject. I know a guy on mfc that is married to a girl he met on mfc but I also have a favorite model that has trouble with a guy who got too much information about her and showed up in her country with a ring and basically harrassed her.

I also think some models take the relationship from cam sites too far. I have had models ask for too much information and or want to meet you. When you dont want to give them the information it just makes them more curious and insistant on getting it. For the record I have a job that if it was known that I was on web cam sites it could cause major problems.

At the same time I do think it is fine to talk about personal things such as such and such happened to me today but not things that people could track down exactly who you are if you want to be private about it.

RogueWarrior said:
Most definitely, yes, models and members can be friends. Online MFC friends.

I have a few model friends on MFC. Each relationship is different. Some sexual, others not sexual at all. Just like real life. Just be sure not to confuse it with real life.

With the world now so technologically integrated, I think that you can become friends with someone without ever meeting in real life. It won't be the same kind of friendship, but a friendship nonetheless.

If you are concerned about what a "friend" may expect from you, mmmm, not a friend. I have models and members that I consider my MFC friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as the name issue goes, what's the major malfunction here? If cam name is something like SuzytheCamBitch, when asked say, yeah, real name Susie. End of story. If cam name is more along the lines of SuperSquirte88, say name is Susie. End of story. Or just ignore. Not anything to get upset about.

my $0.02

Like he said each relationship can be different.

There's a difference between being "friends" and being romantically involved. As per my signature, I don't think it's possible for a man to be friends with a woman without falling for her a little, but that's not the same as being in a Romantic Relationship.

Still, friendships can take all kinds of forms. We all have RL friends we don't see every day, or even every month, and there are others we have kind of on-off love-hate relationships with, but who still have an important place in our lives. In the same way, it is possible to have all kinds of different close relationships with MFC models, but they will be platonic, with just enough having-seen-them-naked mixed in to make it confusing.

If anyone wants to get to know a model, just be careful what you wish for. They're real people, with real stuff going on in their lives, and you had best not just be in it for the good times. And one day, they might just disappear from your life. Be ready.

Sevrin said:
There's a difference between being "friends" and being romantically involved. As per my signature, I don't think it's possible for a man to be friends with a woman without falling for her a little, but that's not the same as being in a Romantic Relationship.
I've always said this, but usually get frowns from other girls/models when I say it. Then again, you stated it much more eloquently than I normally do. ;)

Reactions: eclipse76
Just_mark__ said:
be difficult to have a friendship based on the idea that one pays the other to see them naked.

The friendship would not be based on that anymore than it would based me giving technical help.

RogueWarrior said:

It is something to get upset about if the model has chatters making it their mission to guess her real name. This actually happens sometimes, and when it does happen she should ban and ignore those chatters. Models are trying to enjoy their chat and make money, so they don't need some creepy guy hounding them for their real name, etc. If she wants people to know her real name, she'll reveal it. Otherwise, respect her privacy and call her by her other name. This isn't a job interview for a nanny position (nor is it Match.com)...it's the adult industry. LOL. I think it's pretty silly for a guy to get upset and act offended when a model refuses to tell her real name...especially if it's an unusual name that other models on the site are unlikely to have.

The_Brown_Fox said:
RogueWarrior said:

It is something to get upset about if the model has chatters making it their mission to guess her real name. This actually happens sometimes, and when it does happen she should ban and ignore those chatters. Models are trying to enjoy their chat and make money, so they don't need some creepy guy hounding them for their real name, etc. If she wants people to know her real name, she'll reveal it. Otherwise, respect her privacy and call her by her other name. This isn't a job interview for a nanny position (nor is it Match.com)...it's the adult industry. LOL. I think it's pretty silly for a guy to get upset and act offended when a model refuses to tell her real name...especially if it's an unusual name that other models on the site are unlikely to have.
Exactly. It's normal to be curious about stuff when you meet someone in any venue, but when rebuffed after asking age, orientation, real name or any other personal information, the subject should be dropped immediately. If not, the person is either a troll or a potential stalker. BAN.

AmberCutie said:
You must have felt pretty confident about your "friendship" if you'd ask a model her real name. If my MFC friends started asking me that, I'd be pretty pissed, no matter how long we've known each other. It's going on 2 years with some of them, and they know better to ask still.

I bet your real name is like Dolores, or Rhonda!

I neither ask a model's name, nor tell them mine unless they ask lol. Except if their name is like FistingCunt, generally I'll address them as Cunt and they'll immediately offer up a name, nickname, whatever to call them.

Who cares if a model tells you her real name, she probably (in some cases) told you the english equivalent of her first name. Or the first name she wishes her parents had given her lol.

No. A true friend looks at you like a sis/bro and not sexually. If I got naked in front of my real guy friends irl, they would be totally grossed out. I'm like a sis to them. So I don't think friend is the right word.

Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:
You must have felt pretty confident about your "friendship" if you'd ask a model her real name. If my MFC friends started asking me that, I'd be pretty pissed, no matter how long we've known each other. It's going on 2 years with some of them, and they know better to ask still.

I neither ask a model's name, nor tell them mine unless they ask lol. Except if their name is like FistingCunt, generally I'll address them as Cunt and they'll immediately offer up a name, nickname, whatever to call them.

Who cares if a model tells you her real name, she probably (in some cases) told you the english equivalent of her first name. Or the first name she wishes her parents had given her lol.

I never tell models my name either none of their business in my opinion. I do not ask models their name because nicknames can be more fun to use.

I think (or have the illusion) that I’m friends with some East Europe cam models. Ok, only internet friends, not real life friends. But we are connected on Facebook or are email pen pals. With 2 there are Skype sessions from our own homes, not studio. Normal Skype sessions, not xxx fun, just chatting, with clothes on. So, what did work for me to get online friends with cam models?

- You must first be a regular in the models room for some time, be nice, proof you are a kind person.

- It did also help that when I did go for xxx fun, it was very ‘normal’, just 2 naked bodies cam2cam masturbating, no toys, no anal, no fetish. It looks like models are relieved thy get a normal person in pvt ... (and a tip to my colleague perverts, smile afterwards, stay a few minutes in pvt after cum, look like you are in heaven now. Of course models do not get horny from the sight of a naked middle-age man wanking, they see that to much, but the idea that they did make a other person happy, some models do like that and feel proud on their work).

- No sex at all is even better :) I have 3 online friends from the LiveJasmin Soul Mates & Hot Flirt there was never xxx fun between the model and me.

- Outside the cam sites the sex part must not exists at all. Thats part of the model/member business on cam sites, the model gets money, I get sexual satisfaction. Its stupid to think that you can bring that outside that environment.

- How older the model how better :) Im 45, to share things about life, the other person must be 35+, it works better that way. There are young cam models in their early twenties with who I have this kind of contact with, its interesting when they talk about their plans for life, however those contacts are not deep.

( above are not 'rules' or things I demand, im just analysing why some model/member relations did evolve to friendship )

So, now I have a few East Europe models in my Facebook friend list, there is nothing that indicates its adult cam related. One (male) colleague did guess it, I just smiled stupidly and did not say anything. And their is a real life friend who does’nt need to ask to understand what it is.

Its interesting, a peek in the lives of persons so different then me. To share things in our lives. To have a facebook chat when you come home and want to talk. Some friendships slowly faded away. Some of those friendships are ended, because one party could not handle it, getting feelings and wanted more. Some are there for a long time now, im happy with it, a enrichment of my (online) life.

200th post on this site, :mrgreen: so here goes hoping to make it count.

Ive softened or hardened my stance on this. Its up to both individuals (model and member) and their trust level to become friends.

Its sort of a challenge, because one has to leave the safety of the internet and actually meet up, that can be very awkward meeting up with people in real life unless you have a bit of social skills.

With that said, yes, a model and member can become real friends, ive done it, its difficult, but it can be done.

:twocents-02cents:

RedHerby said:
- Outside the cam sites the sex part must not exists at all. Thats part of the model/member business on cam sites, the model gets money, I get sexual satisfaction. Its stupid to think that you can bring that outside that environment.

I cannot stress how important this part is! Dear god, if you bring up sex all the time to your real-life female friends, do you think they'll ever say you're a friend?

I will say some of my online friends from mfc talk about sex with me now, but I was the one who initiated it. The ones I don't initiate it with, if they initiate it, I run away. All of a sudden, I disappear, and if they do manage to catch me online off-cam, I give very little in the way of answers.

Reactions: Always_Tim
PlayboyMegan said:
No. A true friend looks at you like a sis/bro and not sexually. If I got naked in front of my real guy friends irl, they would be totally grossed out. I'm like a sis to them. So I don't think friend is the right word.

Trust me. 100% of heterosexual guys want to see a hot woman naked, friend or not.

ComicOzzie said:
PlayboyMegan said:

Trust me. 100% of heterosexual guys want to see a hot woman naked, friend or not.

Yes I agree, but a true friend also thinks of the implications etc...idk...the model I most consider myself "friends" with, never flirt, don't look at each other naked...etc. I've seen her boobs once in an emote that was quickly removed. It's not that I don't find her attractive...it's that we're friends and I dunno, I have to much respect to go spy on her privates and she doesn't want me to.

Which is fine, she's worth hanging out with just to chat.

And I suspect you know who I'm talking about Ozzie. And yes I could have seen her naked numerous times, but I chose not to as part of a semi-unspoken mutual agreement.

I had a few girl friends in college and while I thought the world of them as friends, if the opportunity presented itself to see them naked or more (with their consent) I'd be a fool to say no.

ETA: On that same note, if any of them signed up for MFC as models, hell yeah I'd watch them. :-D

Yeah if she said to me "hey, wanna see me naked" I'd say yes, but there would still be a difference and besides the real point is a friend "friend" isn't going to ask if I want to see her naked and I'm cool with that.

So yeah I guess a hot chick's male friends would definitely want to see her naked, but they're not going to actively pursue it.

LadyLuna said:
RedHerby said:

I cannot stress how important this part is! Dear god, if you bring up sex all the time to your real-life female friends, do you think they'll ever say you're a friend?
Uhm , actually, I have to say that depends on the relationship. Case in point, my wife's longest friendship is also one of my best friends. I love her to death, and there is a ton of sexual, flirty tension between us. I'm a perv so I'm always tossing out innuendo and flirtatious behavior. But I know she considers me to be one of her most trusted friends, and girl got some trust issues! She knows that despite my bullshit, I'd break my back to get her anything she needs and not because I've seen her naked, but because she's my friend.

I may be a bit of an odd one in this though, as I'm pretty sure I've seen most of my friends naked. Even ones I don't particularly care to. Maybe I'm just lucky that way.

lordmagellan said:
Uhm , actually, I have to say that depends on the relationship. Case in point, my wife's longest friendship is also one of my best friends. I love her to death, and there is a ton of sexual, flirty tension between us. I'm a perv so I'm always tossing out innuendo and flirtatious behavior. But I know she considers me to be one of her most trusted friends, and girl got some trust issues! She knows that despite my bullshit, I'd break my back to get her anything she needs and not because I've seen her naked, but because she's my friend.

I may be a bit of an odd one in this though, as I'm pretty sure I've seen most of my friends naked. Even ones I don't particularly care to. Maybe I'm just lucky that way.

There are exceptions to every rule...

If the woman knows it's a joke, then it's cool. If she thinks you're serious, then it's totally not. However, getting that "I know I'm talking sex but it's just a joke" feeling across to a woman is a very fickle thing. Best not to try.

EDIT TO ADD: please note that I do not say it actually IS a joke, just that the woman needs to be sure that it is... God it's too complicated to say "it's a joke that isn't really a joke even though it really is"... x.x

LadyLuna said:
There are exceptions to every rule...

If the woman knows it's a joke, then it's cool. If she thinks you're serious, then it's totally not. However, getting that "I know I'm talking sex but it's just a joke" feeling across to a woman is a very fickle thing. Best not to try.

EDIT TO ADD: please note that I do not say it actually IS a joke, just that the woman needs to be sure that it is... God it's too complicated to say "it's a joke that isn't really a joke even though it really is"... x.x

Are you kidding? :-D

On the subject of asking a model their names... Personally I'm not overly interested in what a models real name is... But for those times a woman has some oddball screen name like "1TokenAnalRape"... It's nice to be able to call them something that resembles a real name... So if you want to make up a name and say it's Mary... I personally think the vast majority of the members would respect that

Now of the 3-4 models who's real names I know... All but 1 told it to me... One model made a huge mistake when she created her twitter account, and put in her full real name... and didn't realize it was visible when she asked me to go look at it and tell her my opinion on how it looked... Which I immediately told her to fix it... She freaked out on me for a minute.... And to try and get her to relax I told her something to the affect of "I'm a lazy dater and an even lazier stalker... And unless I can be in front of your house and hiding in your bushes in a leisurely 10 minute walk... I'm not stalking you" to get her to relax and loosen her up... Which made her laugh and caused her to relax

As time's went on I can only guess shes learned I'm not overly concerned with her life outside of MFC and she's gotten comfortable enough to share other various things about herself with me... including where she lives & things about her love life... We get along great as "internet friends", in part, because I respect her privacy & her need to feel secure... and I rarely make reference to her personal info like her name & where she lives... lol.. Although I do bust her balls all the time about the dating stories she tells me... But I think she realizes I know that our "internet friendship" would go right out the window if I made her uncomfortable by talking about the things she's insecure about... So I simply try to approach her as a real life friend in the sense that there are certain personal issues my real friends have that I respect by not talking about them unless they bring it up... And I try to approach the models on MFC the same

Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:

Dolores, or "Mulva"???

with reference to knowing a models name ....
I have three models that have told me there real names. I often find when they need money sending via western union they always give there name up quickly :lol:
and yes I am aware this makes me an old fool too.......

I believe they can be! A lot of my regulars I text on a regular basis
and its not anything sexual its mostly real life things that normal
friends would talk about! I also play xbox very often with them and
its a lot of fun! I consider them friends that have seen me naked haha

schlmoe said:
Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:

Dolores, or "Mulva"???

LOL yes, Dolores always makes me think of seinfeld/clitoris/mulva :lol:

Well there's a model and I who play this little game of trying to scare one another with a yahoo snowball (a themed buzz sound that is quite loud and sudden). Watching her jump on cam if I manage to sneak onto yahoo or do it when she's distracted is freaking priceless.

On her part she'll stealth log on during the weekend and get me lol.

I'd call that the kind of things friends do, even though it's very unlikely we'll ever meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.