AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a model and a member really be friends?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swirl said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Just Me said:
I do not think you realize the lengths that some models/studios will go through to keep an illusion of friendship or even more. I have first hand knowledge that some studios encouraged this in the hopes that a member will spend more money on their models when on MFC. Sad but true.

I'm not worried about what other models/studios do in their rooms. Some people are willing to deceive others for money, which is just sad. Thank goodness I'm not one of those people. :)

Why is it sad? Isn't it just business? I don't have a problem with deception at all when it comes to camming. Some guys are coming to see naked girls and others are coming for the fantasy. What is wrong with feeding the fantasy? Anyway, all models do this to some degree. If they didn't, then they would have a disclaimer stating that all friendships are fake right on the top of their profile. So, come on....feed the fantasy, who cares if it's a lie. Most of the guys believing it's real are assholes anyway that think they have the right to buy girls and are totally deserving of having there pockets emptied!

Deception - You use this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Feeding the fantasy is not congruent with deception.

And Jessi, (sarc alert) why not just be the best of both worlds: A money-grubbing, deceiving faking, fantasy-ruining, no token-receiving bitch. ;)

Jessi said:
If a girl is nice and friendly: She's a faker! She's deceiving you to take your money!
If she's not: What a bitch. Shes ruining my fantasy! No tokens for her.

... wait, what? I didn't know being friendly was a requisite of being a friend.

Reactions: Evvie
Swirl said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Just Me said:
I do not think you realize the lengths that some models/studios will go through to keep an illusion of friendship or even more. I have first hand knowledge that some studios encouraged this in the hopes that a member will spend more money on their models when on MFC. Sad but true.

I'm not worried about what other models/studios do in their rooms. Some people are willing to deceive others for money, which is just sad. Thank goodness I'm not one of those people. :)

Why is it sad? Isn't it just business? I don't have a problem with deception at all when it comes to camming. Some guys are coming to see naked girls and others are coming for the fantasy. What is wrong with feeding the fantasy? Anyway, all models do this to some degree. If they didn't, then they would have a disclaimer stating that all friendships are fake right on the top of their profile. So, come on....feed the fantasy, who cares if it's a lie. Most of the guys believing it's real are assholes anyway that think they have the right to buy girls and are totally deserving of having there pockets emptied!

LOL. What does fantasy have to do with scams/deception? Participating in a naughty babysitter/cheating husband fantasy is one thing. Holding a fake 'Meet me/Fuck me' raffle (when you know in your heart you are NOT meeting/fucking anybody) is deceiving. Setting a room topic saying "2,000 tokens 'til cum show" and then shouting "Woohoo!" and logging off when the goal is reached (without ever doing the show) is deceiving. Common sense.

It's the phony raffles that make it hard for those of us who are trying to do LEGIT raffles that we've spent a lot of time planning. Guys on here have already expressed how much they don't trust raffles, due to the fact that they've witnessed the scams. So stop looking for reasons to argue with me, because you sound silly right now. If you have to make false promises - such as the examples I've given above, etc. - in order to make money, and you're perfectly fine with pissing off the guys who have spent their money on you, then do you.....

RogueWarrior said:
Deception - You use this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Feeding the fantasy is not congruent with deception.

Yes, thank you. Here is a man who knows what the fuck he's talking about...lol. :thumbleft: I don't think Swirl knows the difference between deception and fantasy. His post sounds like he's saying that ALL cam girls deceive and scam members, and that bothers me. I don't know what kind of cam girls he spends his money on, but I sure as hell don't deceive/scam guys, and I know plenty of cam girls who are sincere in their camming activities.

Now doing dirty talk on command (where you have to pretend you really wanna suck a guy's cock, ride it, etc.) is a form of acting, yes. But deceiving? No. BIG difference.

Swirl said:
If they didn't, then they would have a disclaimer stating that all friendships are fake right on the top of their profile.

Why is it so hard for people like you to believe two people can meet online and become friends that enjoy spending time together? I feel sad when I read posts like yours, maybe you will find someone you click with one day.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Swirl said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Just Me said:

LOL. What does fantasy have to do with scams/deception? Participating in a naughty babysitter/cheating husband fantasy is one thing. Holding a fake 'Meet me/Fuck me' raffle (when you know in your heart you are NOT meeting/fucking anybody) is deceiving. Setting a room topic saying "2,000 tokens 'til cum show" and then shouting "Woohoo!" and logging off when the goal is reached (without ever doing the show) is deceiving. Common sense.

It's the phony raffles that make it hard for those of us who are trying to do LEGIT raffles that we've spent a lot of time planning. Guys on here have already expressed how much they don't trust raffles, due to the fact that they've witnessed the scams. So stop looking for reasons to argue with me, because you sound silly right now. If you have to make false promises - such as the examples I've given above, etc. - in order to make money, and you're perfectly fine with pissing off the guys who have spent their money on you, then do you.....
Exactly! I wonder if when he goes to the store and they give him turnips when he pays for steak, he's cool with that? "Just business" right? lol That's such a cliché and I'm tired of it. Assuming a business, any kind of business, is a "special" exception to normal behavior and that corruption and deception is okay is absurd.

Reactions: 1 person
Nordling said:
Exactly! I wonder if when he goes to the store and they give him turnips when he pays for steak, he's cool with that? "Just business" right? lol That's such a cliché and I'm tired of it. Assuming a business, any kind of business, is a "special" exception to normal behavior and that corruption and deception is okay is absurd.

I do recall several years ago my pastor had a sermon about being nice. He said, "When somebody says "it's just business", you know they're not about to do something nice."

As far as I can tell, this debate has mostly devolved in to an issue of semantics and whether or not it's acceptable to cheat members out of money.

Pro tip: Any time you use words with negative denotations, it is bad. Deception, cheating, scamming - there are no ways models can use these methods ethically. And no, it isn't "just business". Good business practices do not revolve around lies and deceit.

I have never lied to a member and told them we were friends. I have never lied to a member to make them think I liked them, loved them, or wanted to meet them when it was not the case. Have my opinions naturally changed over time, so that a member I once liked now annoys me? Yes. That's just life.

Models are like salespeople. It is our job to make money, and some models do this by putting forth an attractive demeanor and being genial, polite, and flirtatious with their clients. To call this deceptive is ridiculous. If we were girls in a club who flirted with you for free drinks - that would be deceptive, because you are in a social environment where you do not expect to trade money for attention. If a salesperson took you out to dinner to convince you to buy paper for your office, you would probably be offended if they were not polite, courteous, and laughed at your jokes.

Because I'm an adult, and I have a capacity for empathy, I am not rude to every adult that I speak to unless they did something very mean right off the bat. Being kind - and yes, even being flirtatious - is my natural personality. Being friendly to people and (gasp) even enjoying their fantasies is rather natural for a lot of camgirls, and isn't a face put on.

Sometimes I talk with a client and he happens to be funny, smart, a good conversationalist, and I am a-ok with a new online friend. However, just by the stint of them being online, there are certain limitations to that relationship. I can never go get Chinese food with them at midnight, I can never yell at them until they come over and watch movies with me. It does not mean I do not have genuine feelings towards my friends, and to me it makes no difference whether they've seen me diddle myself or not.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Swirl said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Just Me said:

I didn't say anything about phony raffles or logging off after a goal is reached. Of course that is different. I'm talking about pretending to like a member more than you really do because he tips. That is perfectly acceptable IMO.

Swirl said:
I didn't say anything about phony raffles or logging off after a goal is reached. Of course that is different. I'm talking about pretending to like a member more than you really do because he tips. That is perfectly acceptable IMO.

To a degree, I'm inclined to agree (hey, that rhymed!). I'm sure models have those guys that don't come around very often, but when they do, they tip a little whilst being mildly annoying and then leave; or the guys who are fundamentally good people but just say stupid things. For a model to explicitly say to those guys "hey, I don't really like you all that much, stop tipping me, yeah?" would be counter-productive.
I think it's fine for a model to let those guys live in ignorant bliss and let them go on thinking they're liked a little more than they actually are.
Shit starts to get poopy when you have models who lead on gullible and easily manipulated guys who are probably just lonely, guys who will tip more than they can afford because a model leads them to believe they can be more than internet friends. Then it becomes unethical, yo.

Yes, and like in any business, being cordial is not the same as "pretending to like." Customers should understand this; if they don't, it's on them. I expect people in stores, e.g., to be cordial with me, but I'd be crazy to think that means they want to take a shower with me. :D

Nordling said:
Yes, and like in any business, being cordial is not the same as "pretending to like." Customers should understand this; if they don't, it's on them. I expect people in stores, e.g., to be cordial with me, but I'd be crazy to think that means they want to take a shower with me. :D

Thank you for using this word. If we were anything other than welcoming and cordial, we'd have a lot less people on MFC.

Swirl said:

You obviously misunderstood my earlier post (I was wondering why you quoted me and acted like I said something wrong...lol).

And yeah, the bolded statement just reminded me that I've had some guys in my room who I wanted to tell to STFU, but I bit my tongue because they did at least talk to me in my room and tip. So I continued to smile and giggle at their lame flirty remarks...lol.

But if I truly dislike a member for reasons that are too significant for me to ignore, even if he does tip a lot, he'll likely be banned from my room. I can't have someone in my room who continues to make me angry/uncomfortable, and doesn't respect me enough to give a sincere apology.

Tough tbh. I personally can't make it work. For me this is because I lie about so much on mfc. "Summer" is my alter ego. Anyone who meets her is not meeting me in my opinion. My friends know about my work and some visit me in my room when I'm working. That's fine, just sometimes weird for them I think. Members inside mfc, I'd be cautious of. Regulars I see as clients even if I get on with them. It's easier here, as a stripper, you're much more involved with the lies you're telling and customers seem much less aware. On mfc, most members understand that it's not a personal relationship though the boundaries get blurred everyday. For example, I chat to a guy whose ex was a cam girl. As a newbie, his information is invaluable to me and his understanding of how sticky a place the cam world can be is refreshing compared to my friends who think it's easy. However, he only knows me as summer and only has my work number. My two worlds need to stay as separate as possible.

mynameisbob84 said:
Shit starts to get poopy when you have models who lead on gullible and easily manipulated guys who are probably just lonely, guys who will tip more than they can afford because a model leads them to believe they can be more than internet friends.

THANK YOU for summing up my feelings.

I've heard a few models say that when guys went private and asked about meeting in person, in order to prolong the private show and get more of his money, they'd pretend to go along with the idea of meeting up. This is not the kind of money-making tactic I'd be comfortable with. If you lie like that, the guy will eventually catch on to what you're doing...UNLESS you suddenly "change your mind" and say "I don't think we should meet."

But I straight-up tell guys "No, I don't meet in person." If they ask "Why not?" I tell them it's because I'm a cam girl, meaning that I chat with you via INTERNET...not IN PERSON.

ofcourse it's possible.
I spend weekly time with a model on Skype and in her room for almost 1 year.
it both ways for like 30 min until 3 hours if we have good fun.

and most important I never tip.
not because I'm poor or because I don't like her.
but because I don't think money should be in a friendship.
sometimes I feel sorry about that, but especially when I first met her I didn't want her to like me for they money.

Wendsor said:
sometimes I feel sorry about that, but especially when I first met her I didn't want her to like me for they money.

I honestly don't agree with that... and not because I'm a cammodel.

I was friends with a waitress. If I happened to eat at the restaurant while she was working, and got her as my waitress, I was happy, and would always add a bit to the tip. If a friend came by the gas station I was working at, they were expected to buy something, (unless it was a quick "here's the shirt you forgot" or something like that).

As a cammodel, I have some internet friends who never tip, some who rarely tip, and some who tip often. The important thing is not that money never changes hands between friends. It's not that friends never purchase the other friend's services. The important thing is that neither party is paying for the friendship itself, and that neither party is using the other for anything (which means, if you receive services from a friend who is usually paid for such services, you should at least offer something in return).

I agree with you Luna, If you really are "friends" with a model, and I use friends in the loosest sense of the word, You should at least make a token effort to help out

The only exception I make is I will never, ever pay to be on someone's friends list/PM, I completely understand why models put this in place but I would much rather end up on a models list because I have contributed in other ways in the room

Wendsor said:
ofcourse it's possible.

Yeah, sometimes I feel bad about not paying for things, but then I remember how special I am.
Seriously though dude, if you respect this girl throw a token her way now and then. This situation could easily go two ways- maybe you're the one taking advantage of her friendship here.

Let's see what defines a friendship. I won't go into details as not to bore the reader, but one of the things unique about friendships of virtue would be the commitment to happiness.

If you were truly committed to a model's happiness/well-being, how could argue that you shouldn't throw even a small amount of money in to contribute to a model? Talking and listening is all well and good, but sincerity is better shown in expenditure than words.

EDIT - directed towards whoever Jessi quoted.

Wendsor said:
ofcourse it's possible.

One of my friends was selling girl scout cookies for his daughter and I bought some. I hope he does not just like me for my money now :icon-cry: . I never realized you could not buy things from friends if you did not want them to just value you for monetary reasons.

Money exchanges hands between friends all the time, but over mundane or trivial things such as tickets to the game, beers at the bar, entrance fees to the club, gas money to get to the lake and fill up the boat. You may pay a friend who is a carpenter for helping-out on your deck, but he was your friend before that, you are not paying for his friendship you are paying for his time and skills.

You don't gotta pay your friend to come over and watch the game, unless he can't afford the 20 dollars in gas it would take to get to your place and back home, and once his paycheck clears the bank he will get you back. You don't even have to pay for a friendship to develop in the first place.

There is a fellow member I wanna meet. And he wants to meet. We probably will. Real cool guy, other than being a dirty Scandi. Beer at the bar, rock concert and picking up chicks. I consider him a friend even though we haven't met yet because he is willing to meet up in real life. He has transferred tokens to me before for various reasons which is money. But he was my friend before hand.

The Nature of the Model-Member relationship is based on money in exchange for services add in the nature of those services and real life security concerns on the part of the model and a member has to ask himself 'Is it Actually Real or MFC Real?"

Reactions: LadyLuna
Wendsor said:
ofcourse it's possible.

What the absolute fudge? I dare say you lucked out, sir. I would imagine if you were to approach 99.9% of cam girls with that mentality, it wouldn't work out the way you'd hoped.
"Hi, bb. Just so there's no misunderstanding here, I won't be tipping you ever 'cos it's important to me that our friendship isn't built on monetary gain. Kthnxbai"
I mean, I can totally see a member and a cam girl meeting on a cam site, going through the ritual of tips for shows or whatever, and then a friendship blossoming to the point where the girl feels uncomfortable accepting tokens from the guy; but for that relationship to start with it being made clear that tokens and tips are out of the question... before the girl even has a chance to get to know the guy, to have an idea of whether she even wants him as a friend... the mind boggles, yo :?

I can explain it all. but maybe you still don't understand it.
but to give some details.

I never approach her like this. it happened. of course it's doesn't work like this with every girl.
due to the same thoughts, we were spending crazy times outside of mfc. that's where the friendship started.

and common you don't understand why I don't always believe in mfc friendship?
you have any idea how well trained some girls are to be your best friend.
of course if you tip.
I'm wondering how long the friendships last when there's no tipping involved.
that's 90% of the reason the friendship is there.

just believe me it's good the way it is. and on valentine I did sent her some nice goodies and on her birthday next month too.

Wendsor said:
just believe me it's good the way it is. and on valentine I did sent her some nice goodies and on her birthday next month too.
I don't think anybody is saying your relationship isn't real.

You met a camgirl, and you like her personality. Maybe she genuinely likes you as a friend as well. (In fact, if she spends so much time with you it seems more than probable).

But...

I follow a lot of sex worker blogs, I read ACF, and one of the biggest complaints all sex workers have is,

"He won't pay me anymore because he just wants to be friends."
"He says if I really like him, I won't charge him."

This is a problem because it is possible to genuinely like and be friends with your clients. When someone says, "I like you so much that I no longer want to be your client," that's not nice. It's hurtful. This is my job, and you know you support me - so why should I be happy that I'm not good enough for you anymore? That's what I think when the topic comes up. It's not, "oh, he likes me so much," it's "he sees my job as so degrading that he can't support me anymore now that he likes my personality."

I know that you have a special relationship or whatever, but in all honesty, if someone told me they were going to stop tipping me because they "value our friendship," I would be very hurt. Not because I frikkin love money, ho, but because they're saying, "Right now I see you as a manipulative and lying whore, and if I pay you, you will manipulate me. So I'm never going to tip you again for being nice or entertaining me because I don't trust your lying, whorish ways."

You went to a pornography site, found a girl that makes porn, and you refuse to pay her for her services because you value your friendship. To a lot of models, this is irritating, not sweet. Yes, she probably does like you - but don't expect people to sympathize with you. For the most part, we do not like it when people are proud of never tipping camgirls.

Evvie said:
Wendsor said:

You met a camgirl, and you like her personality. Maybe she genuinely likes you as a friend as well. (In fact, if she spends so much time with you it seems more than probable).

But...

I follow a lot of sex worker blogs, I read ACF, and one of the biggest complaints all sex workers have is,

I have friends on MFC who don't tip me. But they don't tip me because they can't afford it.

You went to a pornography site, found a girl that makes porn, and you refuse to pay her for her services because you value your friendship. To a lot of models, this is irritating, not sweet. Yes, she probably does like you - but don't expect people to sympathize with you. For the most part, we do not like it when people are proud of never tipping camgirls.

honestly, I think I feel more bad about not tipping her then she does.
and I don't ask for sympathize. this is a site with models that make money from this. and guys that most likely like to tip.

I just try to explain there's much more then a tipping friendship.
it's a place where people met each other, just like every other place.
as long as you are both down to earth and not only there for porn/money.

Wendsor said:
Evvie said:
Wendsor said:

But...

I have friends on MFC who don't tip me. But they don't tip me because they can't afford it.

and I don't ask for sympathize. this is a site with models that make money from this. and guys that most likely like to tip.

Then tip her?

Nordling said:
Then I have to ask...

Do you hang out in her room or have a PM window open while she's working?
just in the room

ComicOzzie said:
Wendsor said:
Evvie said:
Wendsor said:

But...

Then tip her?

she: no, you shouldntttt tip
me: because
she: because dont want you to spend money
me: on a friend?
she: yes thats why
she: cause you are my friend, you should buy me nothing :)
she: and i dont ask you nothing
she: if you wasnt my friend
she: I would steal all ur money
she: but you are in my heart

It seems we have cast iron, conclusive proof :lol:

I buy my friends shit all the time, Just tip her without saying anything first, whats she gonna do? Ban you?

Reactions: Evvie
I started caming over 11 years ago now.. back when we didnt have the handy webcams and had to use actual camcorder. I managed/ran a cam studio and over the two years i worked there I did meet a few of the regular guys who came into my room. I still am actually in contact with two of them via facebook. Very sweet guys and i never had an issue. Granted they both came out for the AVN's in vegas and met us and the owner of the studio and everything. So it wasn't like we set up a time to meet or anything. But over all they are both pretty cool guys. While I don't know if i'd ever actually set up a time and place to meet just one guy i met on MFC, if i ran into them IRL and they didn't completely freak me out with stalker vibe. Most likely wouldn't mind hanging out with them. I wouldn't ever date anyone cause.. well i'm happily married! But i guess it all depends on the member, and model.. the comfort level they have and what they each expect out of the meeting.

Reactions: sweetiebatman
Status
Not open for further replies.