AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a model and a member really be friends?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've met some genuinely awesome people on MFC, and I do talk to them outside of it. I consider them my friends and will probably still keep in contact with them after I decide my time on MFC is up.

Reactions: Red7227
Yes. But, as always, it depends on the people involved.

I have met two models in person, one of which I have hung out with several times and crashed at her place for a few days while we hung out. She is my friend. I've met her boyfriend. Her cat hates me. And she's forbidden me from hitting on her sister. I love her dearly and would never do anything to change our relationship. I've also met a fellow premium in person. I also am friends on Facebook and have the phone numbers of another select group of models. They have my info as well. The thing is, I don't ask for any of this. I don't ever ask for a models real name or location or phone number. Maybe I'm weird, but my ability to masturbate to a naked woman has never been affected (positively or negatively) by knowing her general location on the planet. Muslims may need to face east to pray to mecca, but I don't need to face west to rub one out to Amber. (I'm in Boston, there's not much of America east of me)

If she chooses to tell me her real name then that's fine and dandy. If she never wants to do that then that's just as cool. Name or no name, I still call most of the models I know "sugarsnap", because its cute and unique and I stole it from a gay guy that hit on me at Pizzeria Uno one night, at least until they ask me to stop.

It might help that I am exactly the same online as I am in person, and that I am very free with my personal info. The Twitter account I use (@JimmyWahl) is all purpose and my real name. The way I see it is that if some dude gets so angry over something I said online that he's going to show up and kill me then that's how its supposed to end. And naturally I'm not concerned with a model stalking me, because that'd be awesome.

With that said, I am definitely one of the very few exceptions. I'm genuinely a good guy that lacks the tree climbing skills necessary to be a stalker and have the ever useful understanding that no one, including myself, really has any desire to see my penis, be it on their computer screen or in person.

Should any model be willing to be friends with 99% of the guys on here? No.
Are a precious few guys on MFC worth being friends with? Yes, but assume they aren't until proven otherwise.

CommonAnomaly said:
Yes. But, as always, it depends on the people involved.

I have met two models in person, one of which I have hung out with several times and crashed at her place for a few days while we hung out. She is my friend. I've met her boyfriend. Her cat hates me. And she's forbidden me from hitting on her sister. I love her dearly and would never do anything to change our relationship.

CommonAnomaly is my bestie. It is true we met off of MFC and now we are platonic friends. This a beautiful post :p

I Love you JIMMY!

CommonAnomaly said:
Maybe I'm weird, but my ability to masturbate to a naked woman has never been affected (positively or negatively) by knowing her general location on the planet. Muslims may need to face east to pray to mecca, but I don't need to face west to rub one out to Amber.

Amen :clap: .

Yes, is the simple answer. It's possible to become friends with anyone you meet through any situation, and something that can only really be done on a case by case basis.
From my own personal experience I like to think I've been friendly with every model that I've spoken to, and in fairness I often suspect that you ladies must get very tired of seeing "tits bb" etc and often enjoy the relief of someone coming in your room to talk in whole sentences and about a wider range of topics than boobs and ahem other areas; see I've drifted off topic, a flawof mine. There is one model who I consider to be a real life friend as well as an online one, and I think she feels the same.
We know a great deal about one another, including names addresses and phone numbers, things about one anothers lives and familes. Some time ago she helped me through a very bad period in my life and asked for nothing in return, and recently I helped her through a bit of bad luck, these are things that friends do for each other.
When in her room online I will often tip, sometimes to keep the room rolling, but often to annoy her by making her write raffle tickets (she hates doing that), and we will often confuse new visitors to the room cos we are giving each other shit, and throwing insults back and forth that we find funny. We haven't met in person, but I suspect that in the forty or so years I have left on the planet that we will, when it happens as a natural part of life.
The long and short of it is that I have found one of my dearest friends on MFC, I believe she feels the same way, I could be wrong but life is what you make of it after all.

I feel like I have to change my previous answer. I previously said no, but one of my guys does REALLY well with separating the our sexy time with friendship time. Not many guys can do that. Another doesn't even want to see me naked, so it really is like we are just friends.

Reactions: SNATCH
hornygods said:
I've always felt that on a site like MFC, it's difficult to do that. How do your guys manage to do it?

I have models I am been friends with for over a year. I think it is possible because we are honest with each other.

I would consider each of my "regulars" my friends. I honestly like them and even on my off days I enjoy twitter bombing all over their faces. I don't meet members IRL but they are still my buddies.

I think the definite answer to this question is absolutely they can be friends, if a model is willing to be.

I consider the model that I'm a "regular" for to be a great friend. I mean, this is a person that I've spent hours interacting with, practically every day, for over a year and a half. I've spent more time chatting with her than I do with most of the friends that actually live near me.

I think if you're a friendly and cosiderate person who doesn't act like an idiot, it's difficult to spend that kind of time interacting with someone and not develop a friendship unless you're actively trying not to. I would feel like I was actually offending her if I didn't call her a friend though.

Been lurking here and there and decided to finally pipe up. I'm Pete__ on MFC and have been in a few of your rooms (previously as psouza4, too).

I'm going to give the same vague answer everyone before me has already: it depends on the model and the member (and a number of other variables). Really, every friendship out there is different, and friendship even means different things to different people so it's real tough to pin an absolute on this. I have several models that I'd call friends on the site -- personal information, Facebook connections, phone numbers, whatever -- people that I still tip and often times only PM (and usually without their cam on). I rarely come to MFC to perv and maybe that's the sort of thing that makes me a more comfortable guy to talk to.

For me, if two people enjoy each other's company and have respect and mutual interest in each other's well-being, then you have yourself a friendship. I'm married now and don't come by MFC all that often anymore but am really glad to have and continue to talk to the friends I've met on MFC.

Yes they can. MOST DEF! I care about my regs, && they care about me. Now, I do have different kinds of friendships with them all, because they are all different people. What I can talk about with one, I cannot nes talk about with another in the same view, or light.

I think it's like asking if true love can really be found on dating sites. Yes, but it's dependant on the people involved. :).

First off - how would you define a friend? If it entails being a loving, understanding, non-judgement person for accompaniment, who can also act as a medium to confide one's anxieties, fears, stress, and secrets/confessions/regrets (with an implicit mutual affection for one another's well-being) - then indeed a model can be friends with a member. Once in a blue moon, models meet members who fit these categories nicely - members whom they could trust, despite the dynamics of the site. It's rare, but it's highly rewarding.

If being a friend entails going to parties, gigs, and to a nightclub to get 'smashed' (in other words to 'socialize') - then unfortunately, the majority of the time, the answer is a 'no'. The reason for this is mainly personal safety, preference, and comfort. Indeed, due to the dynamics of the website, any personal details being given is a risk. That's a given on the nature of cam-sites.

I think, too often, we fail to mark the distinction between different social circles (social friends, close/true friends, male/female friends, acquaintances, family, etc.), and therefore poorly categorizing everyone one knows to be 'friends'. On a slightly tangential note - It's also why I have a disdain of the 'Facebook friends' misnomer - who aren't really friends at all - mere strangers, nothing more.

On the basis of personal experience, I'd say that meeting friends on MFC is very possible. On the contrary, meeting sexual partners is almost impossible.

It's surprising, and almost ironic - but unfortunately, true.

Reactions: SNATCH
In addition to that, I don't think this message could be emphasized more:

In any given relationship, there are boundaries to be set, and lines to not be crossed. It takes tact, trust, and ultimately - comfort. A friendship, in the context of MFC, can only established if a model is comfortable with the idea of having a virtual friendship.

For many models, it appears that having online friends is not uncommon. For some models, her regulars are her friends (depending on how one defines a 'regular').

I think, in the context of sexual conversation - it may be possible to have a friendly relationship regardless of one's innate sexual desires, but it should go without saying that it highly depends on how one expresses the said desire. To quote Sevrin - I don't think it's possible that a male could be friends with a female without having at least some attraction towards them (perhaps, this is a requisite, due to the nature of affection).

I can say with almost absolute certainty, that the average member on MFC would not qualify as a 'friend'.

I personally define them to be the ones who stay when you're clothed, the ones who listen when you talk, the ones who care when you're hurt, the ones who helps when you're in need, and lastly - the ones who tip when nobody else would. They never judge, never lie, never betray, and lastly - never breaks your trust. They are worth more than their tokens - for they are the thread of sanity in an insane world. These people are, quite frankly, priceless. I only wish there could be more people like that on the internet, but that would be a quixotic fantasy.

hornygods said:
In any given relationship, there are boundaries to be set, and lines to not be crossed. It takes tact, trust, and ultimately - comfort. A friendship, in the context of MFC, can only established if a model is comfortable with the idea of having a virtual friendship.

...snip...

I can say with almost absolute certainty, that the average member on MFC would not qualify as a 'friend'.

I personally define them to be the ones who stay when you're clothed, the ones who listen when you talk, the ones who care when you're hurt, the ones who helps when you're in need, and lastly - the ones who tip when nobody else would. They never judge, never lie, never betray, and lastly - never breaks your trust. They are worth more than their tokens - for they are the thread of sanity in an insane world. These people are, quite frankly, priceless. I only wish there could be more people like that on the internet, but that would be a quixotic fantasy.

Could never have said it better. It's so good I had to quote it on my Tumblr blog. I hope that's OK. If not, I can take it down.

And it gave me an excuse for my first post on ACF. :)

Reactions: hornygods
I'd be flattered.

I honestly think, from my short experience on MFC, that it's indeed possible to build and maintain a friendship by treating the model as a person, friend even - not to be objectified as some sexual plaything. It's an amazing feeling, and it enhances every interaction with the model because you can truly share and experience each other's happiness.

I'm not sure what more I could say on the subject without reiterating what I've already said in my previous posts. I'll leave this here.

Trav said:
I think the definite answer to this question is absolutely they can be friends, if a model is willing to be.

I consider the model that I'm a "regular" for to be a great friend. I mean, this is a person that I've spent hours interacting with, practically every day, for over a year and a half. I've spent more time chatting with her than I do with most of the friends that actually live near me.

I think if you're a friendly and cosiderate person who doesn't act like an idiot, it's difficult to spend that kind of time interacting with someone and not develop a friendship unless you're actively trying not to. I would feel like I was actually offending her if I didn't call her a friend though.

I guess you look at the money exchange as a. ?.what? ?.. Loan. .?...gift? Does this ever come the other direction? I'm guess you don't find said model randomly sending you money do you.... Friendship..... No.... Good customer.....yes.

chitti said:
I guess you look at the money exchange as a. ?.what? ?.. Loan. .?...gift? Does this ever come the other direction? I'm guess you don't find said model randomly sending you money do you.... Friendship..... No.... Good customer.....yes.

Are you saying I can not be friends with people who I have business dealings with?

ojf1E.jpg

chitti said:

If a member and model end up enjoying nice phone conversations with each other outside of MFC (and the phone call isn't a contest/raffle prize), or enjoy communicating regularly over the 'net without the model getting money for it, that sounds like friendship to me...even if it is strictly over the internet/phone (and not in person).

And as for sending money...I've never heard of a model sending money to a guy friend she met on a cam site (Is it his birthday? LOL), but if they have one of those 'loaning-each-other-money' friendships, that's their choice.

Reactions: Nordling
I pay my neighbor to mow my lawn because he owns a lawn care business. Doesn't mean we can't be friends.

Gifts? Maybe sometimes I view tips as that, but only on special occasions. Otherwise, no.

Let me lay it out for you like this; if I have a friend who's a waitress, and I visit her establishment and get waited on by her, I don't say to myself "well she's a friend, so I don't have to leave a tip."

What I actually say to myself is "well she's a friend, so I'm gonna go 30% instead of the usual 20."

The_Brown_Fox said:
chitti said:

If a member and model end up enjoying nice phone conversations with each other outside of MFC (and the phone call isn't a contest/raffle prize), or enjoy communicating regularly over the 'net without the model getting money for it, that sounds like friendship to me...even if it is strictly over the internet/phone (and not in person).

And as for sending money...I've never heard of a model sending money to a guy friend she met on a cam site (Is it his birthday? LOL), but if they have one of those 'loaning-each-other-money' friendships, that's their choice.

I used to think this was a good barometer but I do not think you realize the lengths that some models/studios will go through to keep an illusion of friendship or even more. I have first hand knowledge that some studios encouraged this in the hopes that a member will spend more money on their models when on MFC. Sad but true.

Reactions: chitti
Just Me said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
chitti said:

I used to think this was a good barometer but I do not think you realize the lengths that some models/studios will go through to keep an illusion of friendship or even more. I have first hand knowledge that some studios encouraged this in the hopes that a member will spend more money on their models when on MFC. Sad but true.

While that probably does happen, I'd wager it's far less common than 2 people actually becoming friends when they've spent a significant amount of time chatting with each other, regardless of any business relationship. If you get along with someone and have interesting/fun conversations, friendship is pretty natural. Manipulating people and keeping up the appearance of being a friend is far less natural.

Reactions: 1 person
Trav said:
While that probably does happen, I'd wager it's far less common than 2 people actually becoming friends when they've spent a significant amount of time chatting with each other, regardless of any business relationship. If you get along with someone and have interesting/fun conversations, friendship is pretty natural. Manipulating people and keeping up the appearance of being a friend is far less natural.

I'll be your friend Trav.

For the right price.

Reactions: SophiaLocke
HoldItNow said:
Trav said:

I'll be your friend Trav.

For the right price.

HoldIt, bb, we talked about this. I want to keep our relationship strictly professional.

Trav said:
HoldIt, bb, we talked about this. I want to keep our relationship strictly professional.

:evil: You've made a fool of me for the last time! I'm going to post your pictures on the internet now to teach you a lesson!

Reactions: Evvie
Just Me said:
I do not think you realize the lengths that some models/studios will go through to keep an illusion of friendship or even more. I have first hand knowledge that some studios encouraged this in the hopes that a member will spend more money on their models when on MFC. Sad but true.

I'm not worried about what other models/studios do in their rooms. Some people are willing to deceive others for money, which is just sad. Thank goodness I'm not one of those people. :)

The point is that YES, a model and member can be friends. I don't necessarily mean the "I'll be there at your house in 5 minutes" type of friends...I mean friends who actually RESPECT one another and tweet/e-mail/PM each other long after the model's cam session ended - because they WANT to.

Do I intend on meeting any of my favorite members IN PERSON? Unless I'm making a live appearance at some cam girl-related event (it'd probably be cool to shake hands with people who've visited/supported me), no, I don't intend on meeting any of them in person.

Also, I think it's stupid when guys assume that all cam girls are just interested in making money and nothing else...as though we don't care about the members in our room. That would be like me saying that all guys on MFC just wanna lurk and jerk off to a free cum show. LOL.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Just Me said:
I do not think you realize the lengths that some models/studios will go through to keep an illusion of friendship or even more. I have first hand knowledge that some studios encouraged this in the hopes that a member will spend more money on their models when on MFC. Sad but true.

I'm not worried about what other models/studios do in their rooms. Some people are willing to deceive others for money, which is just sad. Thank goodness I'm not one of those people. :)

Why is it sad? Isn't it just business? I don't have a problem with deception at all when it comes to camming. Some guys are coming to see naked girls and others are coming for the fantasy. What is wrong with feeding the fantasy? Anyway, all models do this to some degree. If they didn't, then they would have a disclaimer stating that all friendships are fake right on the top of their profile. So, come on....feed the fantasy, who cares if it's a lie. Most of the guys believing it's real are assholes anyway that think they have the right to buy girls and are totally deserving of having there pockets emptied!

Status
Not open for further replies.