AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can clients track you down through skype, even with a VPN?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2014
I see quite a lot of successful cam girls giving skype sessions. I do not know much about skype, or about IT stuff in general, so i am just wondering whether or not customers that you deal with over skype can track you down. Somebody might say "Oh, well if somebody knows enough they might be able to track you down and hack in through myfreecams or chaturbate," but I'm just curious as to whether or not there is a unique thing about skype that allows a unique or easier way for guys to hack in.
I have a VPN that I use all the time when I'm camming, but will that VPN work to mask my location if I'm using a third party service outside of the camsites like skype?

Re: Can clients track you down through skype, even with a VP

noob101 said:
I see quite a lot of successful cam girls giving skype sessions. I do not know much about skype, or about IT stuff in general, so i am just wondering whether or not customers that you deal with over skype can track you down. Somebody might say "Oh, well if somebody knows enough they might be able to track you down and hack in through myfreecams or chaturbate," but I'm just curious as to whether or not there is a unique thing about skype that allows a unique or easier way for guys to hack in.
I have a VPN that I use all the time when I'm camming, but will that VPN work to mask my location if I'm using a third party service outside of the camsites like skype?
T3QnSm5.jpg

When I see these threads on here about tracking down cam girls on Skype, the image of ^that creepy girl on the memes (it's a bunch of creepy/stalkerish memes where she's featured) comes into my head. :lol:

Reactions: SaffronBurke

No, seriously, people, this is an important question! What do you ladies (and men) think about this topic....seriously? :roll: :angry4:

Songbird_Shelly said:
noob101 said:
T3QnSm5.jpg

When I see these threads on here about tracking down cam girls on Skype, the image of ^that creepy girl on the memes (it's a bunch of creepy/stalkerish memes where she's featured) comes into my head. :lol:
Is this a question you've seen before? If it is, I'd be very curious to know what the answers were. :shock: Any links?

I think you should definitely take precautions to avoid being found, but at the end of the day it's probably not a bad idea to prepare for the possibility that an unannounced suitor may wind up on your doorstep (or your windowsill) anyway.

If that happens, I hope you are able to greet your fan with a center mass ":h: Hi there!" Linked for picture.

Stories like this one fill me with a warm happy glow. German Shepherds also come in handy when your VPN lets you down.

That's what this 'Murican thinks.

curious as to whether or not there is a unique thing about skype that allows a unique or easier way for guys to hack in.

To answer the question, skype makes it incredibly easy to get a ip address with the help of a certain websites & tools.
Literally enter a skype name and couple of seconds you've got a ip address.

but will that VPN work to mask my location if I'm using a third party service outside of the camsites like skype?

A VPN is used by all programs using your computers internet connection (assuming its a proper VPN)
so yes if you load up skype it should still use the VPN, so if your VPN is running on a server in Germany, someone will assume you are skyping from Germany and/or using a VPN.

I just wanted to let you know that if you ever ask a question on here, and you feel like fellow models aren't being as helpful as they could be, it could be because there are certain topics that some models prefer to discuss in a more private setting (such as the Models Only section of this forum, or a private message). With threads like these, you might sometimes have people who - without thinking - start going into detail about how to get a model's IP address. :woops:

Songbird_Shelly said:
I just wanted to let you know that if you ever ask a question on here, and you feel like fellow models aren't being as helpful as they could be, it could be because there are certain topics that some models prefer to discuss in a more private setting (such as the Models Only section of this forum, or a private message). With threads like these, you might sometimes have people who - without thinking - start going into detail about how to get a model's IP address. :woops:
Yeah not Kool. Not Kool at all.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.