AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can you be a successful camgirl with a shitty setup?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2015
Twitter Username
@LilyBlueBBW
Streamate Username
LilyBluBBW
Chaturbate Username
bigpussy690
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/425557/BBWchubbyLisbyIsley/
Hello, good people of ACF.

I have decided to return to camming after being away for what it seems like forever. I dont just plan on doing just camming but skype shows as well. My problem is that my setup is really shitty and that is not an exaggeration.

Here is what I have in order to pull this off:

A Dell 620 laptop
A Logitech 9000 webcam
The internet from my smartphone(metropcs)
3 corsets that I brought from Rainbow.
An 8 inch blue vibrator that I brought from Adam and Eve.
An 8oz bottle of lube also from A&E.
Some Miscellaneous sexy underwear that I have always had.
The lighting of my bedroom which is shotty at best.
My smartphone to play music which would help the mood of the room.

I am planning to upgrade to a toshiba laptop and buy some regular tiny lamps soon but the aforementioned is all i got for now.

With everything that I have listed, do you good folks think I could pull this thing off with the little I have?

Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

Probably best just to give it a go and see what happens, then when you've made a bit of money invest in your setup starting with the Internet. Sexy shit and toys not so much. Maybe a couple of lights. I've got a toshiba not the best but it does the job, my cam is the Logitech c920 hd, and my internet is Sky broadband. I use YouTube on my Xbox to play my music. I started off with a laptop that had half a screen and was buggy as fuck and a shitty cheap webcam but it worked. I still don't have lighting just for cam and just use my living room lights. As for outfits I have a selection but I kinda stick to small shorts and vest tops with over the knee socks. Not sure where you are going too cam from. I am on AdultWork and MFC and my original setup was ok not the best but it got me through until I could update and buy bits and bobs that I needed.

From my personal experience, I started with a very shitty equipment; low internet speed (0.9 upload speed OMFG) and a creepy webcam (Trust 720) and I didn't get any sort of success; my room was empty af.
So while you can get that above things covered you shouldnt worry much about the rest of things; you can be succesful without toys, the same about lingerie, you don't need it to be super cool, just be sure it looks fine, so the lighting setup is very important. Try to get lamps and be sure the light isnt too hard; you can soften it like this:
studio3.jpg

My advice is just try to make the pic quality fine: good HD webcam, internet and light. The rest doesn't matter that much, from my experience.

Internet and lightning would be what I'd recommend focusing on first. You can start out with what you have, then upgrade something each time you get paid.

The rest depends on which site you plan to focus on. I see that you have both MFC and Streamate links, and those sites have different requirements. MFC can't broadcast HD, so if you're focusing there, you won't need to upgrade your cam. But, if you're focusing on Streamate, you will want to upgrade to the c920, because the 9000 can't broadcast in the recommended 1200x720. It's frequently on special on Amazon for $50 - it is today, for Prime Day.

I don't know the precise specs of your laptop, but if it's old and slow, you may want to upgrade it. If upgrading your internet, lights, and webcam gets you a good quality stream, the laptop would be a lower priority. I've been using the same laptop since 2013, and all I had to do to speed it up was move all of my videos to an external hard drive and upgrade my internet package.

Clothes - "sexy" isn't necessarily a requirement, unless that's the particular look you're going for. A lot of girls cam in a t-shirt and panties. I frequently do well in jeans and a cute top, or a cardigan over a bra and panties.

Toys - find one dildo and one vibrator you like. You don't need many, though a lot of us become collectors. Avoid toxic materials, and stick to plastic, silicone, and glass.

Lube - get one that's free of glycerin, which is a sugar and can cause yeast infections, as well as being free of parabens, which can irritate sensitive tissues. Pink and Sliquid are two good brands.

You definitely can, just maybe work on a private based site like Streamate...I made good money there for 2 years streaming with an Intel Celeron processor and an upload speed of 3mbps. But once your first paycheck hits, get yourself some amazing internet, a great laptop, some lighting and then the rest...I cammed for years with 3 toys, guys don't really care too much about that unless someone is after a specific fetish, but starting out you'll be ok with minimal toys and clothes.

I cammed for a month and made decent money on Chaturbate with a tiny piece of crap laptop, upload speeds of 0.4, no real toys, about 3 different outfits and 7 pairs of panties, no light, in a stinking hot room that I couldn´t make noise in and still managed.
When I improved my situation I lost some of my regs who liked that I was very basic.
I streamed for a year with more things but an upload speed of 0.6 and still made very good money.
I tried sites like Extralunchmoney to build up my video base and upload them for when streaming wasn´t working. You can also sell snapchat and kik for extra $$.

You will be fine! Just jump in and go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.