AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you do when you're a new model with no room to stream?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahC998

Cam Model
Oct 26, 2018
I've been streaming on and off for a few months, but my BIG issue is I have no room. I have a king size mattress, and it's on the floor because theres not room for a frame or anything. I have my desk, my bf has his desk, and we have a TV stand. There's nowhere for me to stream that would have no clutter or anything showing behind I don't think. I could hook up my laptop to the TV, but I think my mic and cam would be to far from me. I can't find any daily office rentals, only motels or other spaces, but I'm not sure if the wifi would be good enough and im not even making $50 a night so might not be worth it. I can't stream in any other room because my mom lives here. I'm so frustrated because I need to do this to make money but there's no space that's good enough. I feel so stupid with a small bedroom and no space for anything :(

Where do you put your camera and mic? How do you move without messing up the camera?

I think unless you do musical performance shows you don't need a separate mic & can just use the one in the webcam.
Right now I'm camming in a super small space on the floor in a messy bedroom that has a california king sized bed. It's not ideal at all but it works. I have just enough space to stand up and bend over. I keep my webcam on top of my laptop which is mainly on a stool in front of me and just move my laptop or the pick up the webcam separately to do closeups and what not.

I have zero room as well my bed takes up so much space! I cam from my bed and usually have my camera on a stool. Laptop on a nightstand. It works for me. But I have very little space and it’s not super pretty I have ugly brown walls lol!
Yeah I think camming from my bed may be what I have to do. I'm just worried I wont be able to be close enough to my webcam or mic, plus it would take time to set up and take down every night

Where do you put your camera and mic? How do you move without messing up the camera?

Camera: tripod at the edge of the bed.
Mic: the one in the cam is fine

Reactions: Happy_mess85
Do you also reply to messages or PMs on there or do you just stick with your video stream?

It would always be up for you but I think it can possibly depend on several factors:

- Is your room busy or at least are people chatting/tipping to you?
- Are you able to respond reasonably fast and not get distracting with the PMs and lose focus on the main objective (public room/goal)? Basically, can you multitask fine.. Too many models get immersed into a PM chat or 2 and seem to forget about everyone else and obviously, that is going to lose viewers/tippers.
- Are you giving anyone (greys and coloured) a PM? Why? Are they saying they need to tell you something in secret or that is urgent? Is it legit people?
-- Consider charging for the PM that way it's a simple "no" unless YOU want to because you're bored - but don't make too much of habit for this as even the tippers may stop tipping if they can get what they want (fantasy roleplay novels etc (dirty talking) in the PM for free.

Do you also reply to messages or PMs on there or do you just stick with your video stream?

I would have my laptop like, right next to me because I'm blind and can't read from the other side of a Cal King, but I also encourage members typing in main chat.

I cammed from my bed with the wall behind me for years just fine.
I got one of these laptop carts with wheels on them, a wireless mouse and keyboard.
That way you can still move a bit or even sit on the edge of your bed.
Umbrella light behind the cart in the room.
Another solution could be a shoji screen to hide clutter as a background if you want to cam from your desk from a chair!
laptop cart
Laptop cart for reference. I have the webcam on top of my laptop and don't use a different mic for camming.
You could also mount your webcam on a tripod, if you want to be able to move it easier.

Reactions: SaffronBurke

I have been camming for 10 months and had to gradually increase my pm fee from 50 tokens to 300 tokens cause I just couldn't keep up with it anymore. If my room is dead ill open pm's, if im even only a little busy ill just chat with the tippers who purchased my friend add, but I made clear on my whiteboard that pm's are not to get my full attention at all times and the room is priority. You'll always have a soft boy or 2 getting offended cause you dont answer back straight away so be clear that if they really want your full attention and instant answers, private is the way to go.

I cam on a couch with my computer on a coffee table, camera is on a mini tripod behind the computer. Got a wireless mouse/keyboard. My camera is like 3 feet away from me, and the mic works fine. If I stand, my entire body isnt in the shot. I have the wall behind me. The thing I think makes the most difference is lighting.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I think you're over thinking this a bit! I started out camming in a similar situation, i was in a hoarding situation, bed on the floor. I had to buy sheets to put on the walls cos of the holes my ex husband had punched through them.

I used clip on lights from walmart with some gauzy fabric over them. I put my laptop on the bed on a fan/pad or on a cardboard box at the edge of the bed. Camera on the back of the laptop screen (some ppl prefer a tripod, you could do that too). when you need to reply to pms or messages you get closer to the camera/keyboard. If you struggle with this, a wireless keyboard and mouse would work too.

A cam set up is in its essence very simple AND many guys prefer the idea that you're just a girl next door that turned on her laptop!

If your laptop has vent's on the bottom to pull air in, then you might want to raise it off the bed, just propping it up with a couple of books or something would do. Otherwise it might end up over heating which will have an impact on the performance which could cause your cam to start lagging or if it get's as hot as mine used to it might just completely turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.