AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can't login with my new prem account, 'pw or username wrong'

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyMarie

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 28, 2011
I received a mail on MFC today with the name and password of a premium account that a regular made for me. That's very cool/generous and I'm really, really grateful of course. (It finally worked after we had so much trouble with it 2 nights ago trying to figure out how to do it in a way that I wouldn't know his full name.)

So I logged in with that account and it said "Hello [insert account's name here], Premium Member" or something along those lines.
I clicked on My Account, and the resulting popup window pretended that I was a guest. :roll:

Soo I logged myself out on the homepage in order to log in again.
Then it said that my "username or password is incorrect". Which cannot be true, because I obviously could log in 20 seconds before.

I can't send a mail to MFC about this because I'm sure it's not allowed to be using somebody else's premium account, even if they gave it to you.
And I can't have the password sent to me because the e-mail-address associated with the account is the address of the guy who created it.

Re: Can't login with my new prem account, 'pw or username wr

or spend $20 and make your own, then you won't have to worry about asking someone else for anything....just sayin

Neudiin said:
or spend $20 and make your own, then you won't have to worry about asking someone else for anything....just sayin

and with a different email address... or MFC will get its panties in a bunch... :lol:

Neudiin said:
I have no income that I could tell my bank about, so I'm sure I'm not able to get a credit card.
If I was, I would have made an account a long time ago! :)

It's working now, by the way. He sent a mail to MFC. ^_^

Be careful with this and know ahead of time they can log onto the account anytime they want to by doing a password recovery to see what you changed the password to.

I know this because I did this with an account I made for a model "friend" after I found out she was trying to scam me. Not that I had much in the way of doubts before I checked that account, but everything was confirmed when I looked at the chat archives.

Just beware.

Just Me said:
Be careful with this and know ahead of time they can log onto the account anytime they want to by doing a password recovery to see what you changed the password to.

I know this because I did this with an account I made for a model "friend" after I found out she was trying to scam me. Not that I had much in the way of doubts before I checked that account, but everything was confirmed when I looked at the chat archives.

Just beware.
Can't she just change the contact email?

AmberCutie said:
Just Me said:

Just beware.
Can't she just change the contact email?

It does not appear to be possible to change. I looked for an option to do that when I first created the account.

They probably froze the account. If it was made with an IP address of a member on mfc and you accessed it using your IP address, they will freeze the account. When this happened to me, it never told me the account was frozen, it just locked the account and told me the password/username was wrong. When I emailed MFC they asked me why there were different IP addresses coming up. They don't allow counts to be "shared". So even if you make a a basic account and give the info to someone else not using you IP, they will flag the account and freeze it. I bet that is what happened.

ohmystarz said:
When I emailed MFC they asked me why there were different IP addresses coming up.

I access my premium account from at least 4 very different IP addresses and it has never been a problem. I used to have 2 premium accounts on the same credit card, I don't remember if it was different emails, and no issues either. Not being a model may be a factor.

[/quote]
Can't she just change the contact email?[/quote]

I once tried changing my e-mail account on MFC (since it's an e-mail address i never check anymore), but an admin told me I'd have to get my account verified. To do so, I'd have to send them personal info like a copy of my driver's license or my birth certificate (I forget if it was either/or, or both).

BullFrogBlues said:
ohmystarz said:
When I emailed MFC they asked me why there were different IP addresses coming up.

I access my premium account from at least 4 very different IP addresses and it has never been a problem. I used to have 2 premium accounts on the same credit card, I don't remember if it was different emails, and no issues either. Not being a model may be a factor.

One of my premiums wanted me to log in and check something for him, when I did it they froze his account. When he emailed them they asked why "My whole name" accessed the account and asked who I was. I think it's the model having her IP addressed logged that makes it the issue.

Lily90x said:
Neudiin said:
I have no income that I could tell my bank about, so I'm sure I'm not able to get a credit card.
If I was, I would have made an account a long time ago! :)

It's working now, by the way. He sent a mail to MFC. ^_^

Just get a visa debit card. You can only spend money you have in it and if card get hacked there is generally no great loss. I use 1 for all my internet transactions.

Just Me said:
I did once also get a request from a LJ model for a member account including some credits.

I was prepared to be scammed and wanted to see how that was executed. So I did create a new gmail account that was not trackable to me, and funded the account with ukash. And I did this all in an internet-cafe, just to be 100% save.

And what did she do? She was flirting with a male model from LJ, sending messages with the LJ message system to him about how hot he is.

I'm sorry some of you got scammed, but I'm not planning try to change the e-mail and/or password, try purchasing more tokens, or do any bad stuff with the account.
I'm only going to to use it to
- be able to talk in models' rooms,
- maybe tip some of them a little bit with the 200 tokens that I have,
- and PM with regulars while I'm not on cam, without having to worry about my camscore. That's probably the most important thing to me.

Lily90x said:
I'm sorry some of you got scammed, but I'm not planning try to change the e-mail and/or password, try purchasing more tokens, or do any bad stuff with the account.
I'm only going to to use it to
- be able to talk in models' rooms,
- maybe tip some of them a little bit with the 200 tokens that I have,
- and PM with regulars while I'm not on cam, without having to worry about my camscore. That's probably the most important thing to me.
Remember, the person who set up the account can log in anytime and read your PM archives. ;)

CptnSparrow said:
I'm the one who gave her the account and I'm not an ass, thank you very much.

:?

Who said you were an ass??? :eek:
You're super awesome! :romance-kisscheek:

CptnSparrow said:
I'm the one who gave her the account and I'm not an ass, thank you very much.

:?
Did anyone call you an ass?

in case some model and some member wants to do this again, its easy to setup so that the member can not afterwards login in to see what the model is doing with that mfc account.

- the model creates a new gmail account and gives the password to the member.
- the member creates the premium mfc account and gives the password to the model.
- the model changes both passwords

- optional, if the model is hot, the model gets friends with me at google+

ohmystarz said:
They probably froze the account. If it was made with an IP address of a member on mfc and you accessed it using your IP address, they will freeze the account. When this happened to me, it never told me the account was frozen, it just locked the account and told me the password/username was wrong. When I emailed MFC they asked me why there were different IP addresses coming up. They don't allow counts to be "shared". So even if you make a a basic account and give the info to someone else not using you IP, they will flag the account and freeze it. I bet that is what happened.

This happened when I created the account for the model. But you can email/message MFC and they will take the IP checking off the account. I even told them I made the account for a model and they had no qualms about making it available.

Status
Not open for further replies.