AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Captcha Requirement during public show?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
So tonight I was in one of my favorite model's rooms, and after tipping 30 or so tokens, I found I was prevented from tipping anymore. I decided to reload the room to make sure it wasn't a connection issue, and when the page reloaded I was presented with a Cloudflare Captcha page asking me to check a box saying I was human. It presented me with a tile scene asking me to pick out tiles that contained images of cars. Okay..so I did, and after completing the Captcha, I found myself back in the model's room and able to tip again. After 30 or so tokens again, I found I was once again prevented from tipping, and upon refreshing the model's room I was once again presented with this Cloudflare Captcha requirement asking me to prove I was an actual human.

I'm really hoping this is a temporary bug, because this is maddening and complete BS if not. :(

Whatever happened, it sounds being temporary buggy imo

I saw this kind of captcha only when I tried to connect through Tor, using Brave's 'private window with Tor' but it's not mentioned clearly 'Cloudfare' and the rendering is not usable as page's styles are not preserved using this way.

I didn't try with a standard vpn, are you using some VPN ?

fyi, the captcha when using tor is this one, systematic when opening chaturbate.com the first time :
1597910226277.png

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
Whatever happened, it sounds being temporary buggy imo

I saw this kind of captcha only when I tried to connect through Tor, using Brave's 'private window with Tor' but it's not mentioned clearly 'Cloudfare' and the rendering is not usable as page's styles are not preserved using this way.

I didn't try with a standard vpn, are you using some VPN ?

fyi, the captcha when using tor is this one, systematic when opening chaturbate.com the first time :
View attachment 85280

That's the same captcha I'm seeing. I can log in just fine, buy tokens and go into any model's room. I'm finding that I am being prevented from tipping beyond 30 or so tokens. Clicking the tip button, or trying to use the chat /tip feature will not work either. The only way around this at the moment is to refresh the page, upon which I am being asked to complete the captcha. Just weird. No, I am not using a VPN....just a standard ADSL internet connection.

Upvote 0
oh ok, sounds strange. Anyway I never met this issue.
report it to support@chaturbate.com

Do you know if you have a fixed IP or a roaming one redefined at connection by your provider ?

Maybe seeing your ip changing frequently can make you fall down in the bug (but I don't think that a provider can have this kind of issue :/)

Another idea could be that your account is hacked, and seeing you from different ips could make weird things.
You can control the connections to your account on the 'security center' of your account profile : https://en.chaturbate.com/security/

if any doubt, change your password and enable the 2-Step Verification from the same page.
(only ideas I'm not from CB)

Upvote 0
IP changes every day because I manually reset my modem. Been on CB for years now with same ISP and no issues like this before.

Upvote 0
I can't really know for lack of details, but it sounds a lot like you somehow trigger Cloudflare's DDoS protection. I assume (but again, I don't know) Cloudflare has Chaturbate's back with regard to that. If you do, the problem should go away by itself after a while, either when the DDoS Cloudflare is currently handling for CB stops, or you get an IP that is or was not involved in the traffic.

All of the above is a theory 😉

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.