AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cautionary tale/What are your thoughts on the verification requirements for content selling sites?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2015
So, I will start out by saying that I have a decent following on twitter/reddit. When I started, about 3 years ago, I didn't watermark anything. My mistake.

I had tons of pics and videos out there, without watermarks.
Fast forward to today, I have a pretty decent following, and I use the same username across several platforms.

I get a message that someone is pretending to be me on kik. To make a long story short, I find out that they have verified, as me, on ManyVids and ExtraLunchMoney - I already had an account on ELM.

Not only that - they have made about $200 in sales.
I messaged both companies, ManyVids took immediate action. ELM, essentially said "this person verified with an ID, they are legit" and I sent them even more proof that no, no they aren't legit.

Both sites sent me the "verification pic" that was used to verify- it was a sign I used to verify on a public site a long time ago, that requires a specific hand sign. So not only was the sign OBVIOUSLY photoshopped (I'm no expert, and I could tell), but it also included me doing some weird ass specific hand sign thing.

Neither site will give me IP info, or anything further. But they both confirmed that my photo was the photo used in the ID submitted. So it was my photo, photoshopped onto an ID. I can't imagine how shotty this must've looked.

Anyways, both accounts have been suspended, and luckily enough for me, I managed to get both sites to forward the earnings to me since the moron who created the fake pages couldn't cash out without entering legal information.

But it got me to thinking, would it be that much more difficult for these sites to require two verification pics? All it takes is one fan sign style pic to fake as anyone?

Has anyone had experience with this? It just makes me worried, because if this type of oversight can happen with verification, how careful are they with other info? Do these sites really care about the legitimacy of their sellers? Or just the bottom line? I fully accept that I should've been more careful with my pics, and watermarked from the start, but it's still frustrating!

My only advice would be to watermark everything.

I don't remember ever uploading a verification photo to either site? I believe for both I just uploaded my ID, but it's been a while since I signed up on ELM. The only site I recall doing a verification photo for was MyGirlFund. Could be wrong, though.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Yeah sites like that do shots of an ID up close, and a shot of an ID by the person's face. All I can imagine, is if this person looks a ton like the model, and used their own ID. I don't recall a fansign for either site, but I know some sites have those as well as ID's.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie and Gen
I signed up for ELM recently and had to submit a verification photo.

so sorry that this happened to you. It's awesome that you got the funds forwarded, though. I don't *always* watermark my stuff but now I'm thinking it's time to start.

• Helpful!
Reactions: CherryChu and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.