AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB traffic cap?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, still relatively new and trying to figure out the patterns of CB traffic.

On good days I can easily have 1000 up to 7000 viewers whenever it booms out of nowhere, but some days in a row it seems that cannot get out of that 250 viewers (or 400 other days) mark and its very hard to move from there.

It feels like CB caps you out for that day, is this possible?

Lately it has been quite a crappy wave of days, and obviously low room count does minimise your potential of earnings.

Any thoughts or experiences you might want to share? I know within 5y i will still try to crack and understand the algorithm of CB traffic without a hope 😂

I have one odd experience with CB back when I started in 2017. I started under "logansantos", it didn't go that good, i mean i could make some money but it was nothing that impressive, so I decided to restart under a brand new account. This brand new account was amazing, I had HUGE traffic and soo many big spenders, it was insane.

So my question is: why one account got traffic and the other didnt? Same laptop, same person, same lightening, same webcam, same everything

Upvote 0
I have one odd experience with CB back when I started in 2017. I started under "logansantos", it didn't go that good, i mean i could make some money but it was nothing that impressive, so I decided to restart under a brand new account. This brand new account was amazing, I had HUGE traffic and soo many big spenders, it was insane.

So my question is: why one account got traffic and the other didnt? Same laptop, same person, same lightening, same webcam, same everything
Luck

Reactions: MousyLion
Upvote 0
Cbhours, since you keep stats? what's the ratio in each room , Coloured,vs grays, vs anons. That to me is where something is going on something to do with gray users traffic. Do your stats indicate any changes there?
I can't see that level of detail, I can only see the viewer count not the particular colors.

yes its just luck, There are plenty of models that used to start over all the time and on rare occasion they would get really lucky and end up high on the first page.

Upvote 0
It's interesting how the algorithm works on CB, but either I'm missing something myself, or there are 1 or multiple factors that impact some streamers quite drastically different.
I've been hitting the frontpage every single stream the past 6ish months, but it takes time. And like other people have said before me, there seems to be a factor that's time-related to it.
I know time is a factor in ranking people if they are "even" on other parts of the algorithm, but if that's the ONLY factor of time, then it does have an extreme impact, since there's a quite obvious growth after hitting 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour etc.

Now if this means there's a time-related viewerscap, or if there's something else within the algorithm that makes it so this specific thing keeps happening is a question that we can't really answer without knowing what the algorithm is about exactly.

The reason why I say that the algorithm favors certain streamers is because I see quite a lot of models who have the same gradual buildup as me, but then there are also models who within 30 minutes hit one of the top rows of the homepage, fully dressed and not doing anything (also never even getting to the top 10 for the contest). Personally I think there's cheating going on from some people, but I also think that in some cases it's a fact of... hitting the popups every single stream, getting a huge freshload of active followers/viewers, and rinse and repeat. It's a feedback loop that works out very well if you're able to get up that high. HOWEVER there are other models who do hit the popup every single stream, but still have the gradual buildup, and never seem to have the insane placement within 30 minutes as a handful of others do. I can not seem to figure out what the difference is between those 2 types of streamers. It's fascinating, though also very frustrating at the same time.

I've been very focused on keeping an eye on my stats the past few months, just to figure out how to increase my odds of getting up higher on the page. And I'm not doing too bad, but so far I haven't been able to crack the code on how to get higher up then I am able to right now. Although I do have some ideas of what my 'handicaps' are generally speaking. I just wish I could 'know' how some of these streamers instantly hit the frontpage when they start streaming.

What I DID find out however, is that the influx of viewers during "action" doesn't really affect site placement all too well, which is good for me, since this also means that when they leave again you don't immediately drop a lot of ranks either. But then I also have to put in the sidenote that this is how it works for me.. And that just due to the fact that I am a different streamer with a different fanbase than other streamers, it also doesn't mean that this is how things work for others :dead: I guess just that fact alone shows how an algorithm like CB uses can have different impacts for different people depending on the viewers they attract, whales, more moderate spenders, quick fap or girlfriend experience, room focused or 1on1, interested in hype/quirkiness or intense sexualness, or a combination of it all.

I really do find it interesting, but also frustrating that although I know how some of it works, there are some (maybe even key) elements missing. And maybe they're not even related to the algorithm itself, but are affiliate related or something like that.....

Anyway, that's a whole lot of text for me to just say that 1) I recognize the time-element and it's very obvious in my room. If it's actually a time/traffic cap, or just something that is show-related/viewer related/natural progression is not clear to me 2) some people are able to completely bypass this time element 3) I have no idea how, but I would really like to know ;)

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
The traffic whatever has been done in the past couple of weeks, is seriously broken.
I'm seeing rooms that dont even get anons in them anymore. thats just bizzare, hell even ehotloveas only got 1000 total in her room! we know the russian mafia can afford more traffic than that:angelic:
Ehotlovea has never been a top of the page model, she is a middle of the page model who gets to the top when she is naked and her room is yellow with tips, which happens a couple of times per week for a few hours. She broadcasts 12 hours per day so she spends the majority of the time hovering around the 800-1500 viewer range.

I wish random viewers would stop spreading stupid lies. Overall traffic is up from the beginning of the year, it is EVIDENT from the number of viewers on the top 10 rooms. While last year only the top 2 rooms had 10k viewers now some days we have even 5, 6, 7 rooms with that many people. The problem models are noticing isnt that the site itself has less traffic, the problem is the distribution of that traffic shows strange patterns and seems to be penalizing specific models who used to see more traffic directed to their rooms. That’s the reason for this thread.

You seem to be one of the people running spam bots on the site and are concerned over the treatment CB support is giving your grey bots. I applaud support for cutting grey users access to chat and banning suspicious accounts from participating as I consider grey bots to be a true annoyance that make it more difficult for models to do their job. So if grey accounts are being penalized, culled and muted for suspicious behavior that’s something all CB models will celebrate.

Upvote 0
The reason I say that the algorithm favors certain streamers is because I see quite a lot of models who have the same gradual buildup as me, but then there are also models who within 30 minutes hit one of the top rows of the homepage, fully dressed and not doing anything (also never even getting to the top 10 for the contest). Personally I think there's cheating going on from some people, but I also think that in some cases it's a fact of... hitting the popups every single stream, getting a huge freshload of active followers/viewers, and rinse and repeat. It's a feedback loop that works out very well if you're able to get up that high. HOWEVER there are other models who do hit the popup every single stream, but still have the gradual buildup, and never seem to have the insane placement within 30 minutes as a handful of others do. I can not seem to figure out what the difference is between those 2 types of streamers. It's fascinating, though also very frustrating at the same time.

The contest and the placement on the homepage are two independent variables, so while it is odd to see models hitting the top row without a position in the top 10 (cause promo tools have an indirect effect on placement) if the hour is well advanced, she might not have enough points yet to rank in it visibly while still holding a top 10 position in number of viewers...

That said.. yes, one of the reasons I do believe there is a "traffic cap" and that in 2019 I was convinced there was a "blacklist" or a "whitelist" is precisely because of the exceptions you have noticed. I realized not every model has the time sensitive traffic cap I had in place. Before the algorithm change in May ‘19 the models who shoot up to the top without the time sensitive penalty were all super hot and super explicit, and I thought that was the reason, that the algorithm had a “trending room” variable to bypass the time constraint cap and that these hot-explicit girls had a massive influx of viewers upon login who knew them going online meant action right away and it triggered it.

There was also the fact that every month or so... there was a day in which I had no time constraints in place and I got to experience what shooting up the homepage without having to wait out the time caps felt like. It would last a day or two and then it was back to the same old same old. I figured it meant there were two statuses: models with caps and models without caps and the status expired every X amount of time. Which led me to believe they had someone activating these caps manually after expiration according to the level of explicitness in the room. Again, as a mechanism to prevent dressed models from showing up in the promo tools.

Then someone started posting about the bots here... and how models and studios bought this traffic from Russian farms to boost their placement and game the algorithm. I had no idea they did it and how organized it is. I’m guessing if the algorithm has a “trending room” variable like I suspected and they buy this traffic all at once it might trigger it and bypass the time constraints. Fixing it would be a matter of limiting how many “trending” sessions a room can realistically have per month. I would say maybe 3?

Upvote 0
I'm running spam bots?? WTF? settle down with your conspiracys, I merely pointed out an recent observation in the way some room traffic is being filtered from appearing.
I don't know why so called "banned " user accounts were still allowed to access model rooms in the first place.
It would make a great deal of sense for CB to ban all the account reported as "spam" via the report as spam function, it would stop them posting in rooms, and they wouldnt appear as any sort of traffic in the userlists.

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
I'm running spam bots?? WTF? settle down with your conspiracys, I merely pointed out an recent observation in the way some room traffic is being filtered from appearing.
I don't know why so called "banned " user accounts were still allowed to access model rooms in the first place.
It would make a great deal of sense for CB to ban all the account reported as "spam" via the report as spam function, it would stop them posting in rooms, and they wouldnt appear as any sort of traffic in the userlists.
My bad, I got to that conclusion after reading you say you have multiple banned grey accounts and misinterpreting a comment you made about CB banning grey spam accounts thinking you meant yours. I apologize.

Upvote 0
Overall traffic is up from the beginning of the year, it is EVIDENT from the number of viewers on the top 10 rooms. While last year only the top 2 rooms had 10k viewers now some days we have even 5, 6, 7 rooms with that many people. The problem models are noticing isnt that the site itself has less traffic, the problem is the distribution

This - I've noticed the same exact thing too - traffic on CB is up BUT the distribution is what is strange.

Upvote 0
It's interesting how the algorithm works on CB, but either I'm missing something myself, or there are 1 or multiple factors that impact some streamers quite drastically different.
I've been hitting the frontpage every single stream the past 6ish months, but it takes time. And like other people have said before me, there seems to be a factor that's time-related to it.
I know time is a factor in ranking people if they are "even" on other parts of the algorithm, but if that's the ONLY factor of time, then it does have an extreme impact, since there's a quite obvious growth after hitting 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour etc.

Now if this means there's a time-related viewerscap, or if there's something else within the algorithm that makes it so this specific thing keeps happening is a question that we can't really answer without knowing what the algorithm is about exactly.

The higher you get on the list the higher you get on peoples followed list as well, lots of people simply don't pay attention to notifications. It takes time for people to join your room and bring you higher in position. Time online has very little impact in a models performance. There is no viewerscap.

I just wish I could 'know' how some of these streamers instantly hit the frontpage when they start streaming.
Who is hitting front page instantly? goldengoddessxxx can do it within about 6 minutes which is really fast but i suspect its related to her social media announcements.

Upvote 0
Time online has very little impact in a models performance. There is no viewerscap.
I am always so surprised when I read members who aren’t models and don’t have the experience we have double down on their opinions like they were facts contradicting the experience of actual broadcasters with years under their belt. We know for a fact time online is a big factor not because people join the room slowly but because there are limits that get lifted when you hit 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, etc. you can’t know this better than we do.

Upvote 0
Chaturbate likes their core position system, any changes made are likely to be on top of that existing system. Programmers try to be efficient, they do not create entirely new systems when they can accomplish the goal with minor tweaks to existing code. You do not create some sort of viewer cap system to elaborately stop people from entering a room when you can simply lower the value that each colored name adds to that room slightly and accomplish the same objective. You do not create a system based on hourly time limits that applies to most models then remove that system from your best models, you would do something simple like apply that private recovery boost (the one that attempts to boost a model back to their previous position after a private ends) to them when they start broadcasting.

Upvote 0
I am always so surprised when I read members who aren’t models and don’t have the experience we have double down on their opinions like they were facts contradicting the experience of actual broadcasters with years under their belt. We know for a fact time online is a big factor not because people join the room slowly but because there are limits that get lifted when you hit 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, etc. you can’t know this better than we do.

You are one model with 2 eyes that has no coding experience. I am in direct communication with hundreds of models and over 40 studios of which talk entirely too much about their various tests. Why would they make a system that sets a limit and lifts it hourly? How would they make such a system? If 100 colored names enter a room as soon as a model broadcasts where is that limit of 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours? they immediately go to first page.

Reactions: pleasurecamsnl
Upvote 0
Thank you for saying this. I get really tired of people that DON'T ACTUALLY CAM handing out advice and theories when they don't know it first hand as intimately as we do.
You are one model with 2 eyes that has no coding experience. I am in direct communication with hundreds of models and over 40 studios of which talk entirely too much about their various tests. Why would they make a system that sets a limit and lifts it hourly? How would they make such a system? If 100 colored names enter a room as soon as a model broadcasts where is that limit of 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours? they immediately go to first page.
There is more than one model on here all noticing the same patterns. And we don't need coding experience to be able to notice patters and assess why the patterns are or may be occurring. I'm certain we are all smart enough to hypothesize based on data. When our numbers go down (traffic/money which correlate) we notice.

And what are all of these hundreds of models and 40+ studios saying about CB's erratic traffic? The one's that aren't cheating the system that is.... What do they say? Are they all noticing it too? What are these "tests" you speak of - please enlighten us.....

I'm starting to feel like the only reason you are supporting CB so much on these forums and being so rude with a few members in particular is because that site is obviously a source of income for you, and you spent a lot of time building what you have (much like us models). I GET IT! BUT - If CB did something to hurt your income in some way (directly or indirectly), you would be making a fuss over it too and wanting answers just like we are. I guarantee it. Stop being so condescending - we know when our traffic is being fucked with. You dodge in and out of rooms all day from the sounds of it - while the models ACTUALLY SIT IN THERE day after day. We notice patterns/differences - ESPECIALLY when it fucks with our income.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chaturbate likes their core position system, any changes made are likely to be on top of that existing system. Programmers try to be efficient, they do not create entirely new systems when they can accomplish the goal with minor tweaks to existing code. You do not create some sort of viewer cap system to elaborately stop people from entering a room when you can simply lower the value that each colored name adds to that room slightly and accomplish the same objective. You do not create a system based on hourly time limits that applies to most models then remove that system from your best models, you would do something simple like apply that private recovery boost (the one that attempts to boost a model back to their previous position after a private ends) to them when they start broadcasting.
Sounds like you know exactly how CB's "core position system" works. Explain it to us, then. How does it work? How is the placement algorithm set up? We would love to get that intel.

Us models, we don't know with certainty how the algorithm works, or how it was coded. I am sure you are an experienced programmer who knows a lot about your trade and can infer things about how CB was made, but I think sometimes programmers don't know how other programmers do the things they do, otherwise some programmers wouldn't need to share the source code of their programs for others to see it. So it is quite possible, and correct me if I am wrong that you don't really know how it works either, and are simply using speculation, same as us.

Here is the difference between you and us... we actually work around that algorithm every single day for hours. We KNOW when there is a patter that is not organic and is artificial set up because of the way it works. The time caps don't seem to affect models who aren't popular because for some reason the 1st hour limit is set around 400 viewers. the 2nd hour is around 900, and so on. If a model never hits those numbers during her broadcast she will not experience these caps. Is it possible your 100s of associates comprisibg models and studios do not have first page experience? There are 3 models on this thread who dealt with first page problems regularly so we have seen the time caps and we all agree. Do you think we are all imagining it?

I even provided an explanation for how this cap would work, and said it isn't a cap itself, they aren't blocking people from entering rooms, they could, however, exclude models from promo tools and whitelabels until they reach a certain amount of time online. This will limit the traffic available to the models to the people browsing the actual homepage. I also said that while at first I thought there was some sort of whitelist for some models who didn't go through the timecaps, later I deducted an alternative explanation, that the algorithm probably has a "trending room" variable and rooms where numbers flock to it at once bypass the promo tool exclusion. I don't believe it is a crazy explanation.

Upvote 0
Thank you for saying this. I get really tired of people that DON'T ACTUALLY CAM handing out advice and theories when they don't know it first hand as intimately as we do.

There is more than one model on here all noticing the same patterns. And we don't need coding experience to be able to notice patters and assess why the patterns are or may be occurring. I'm certain we are all smart enough to hypothesize based on data. When our numbers go down (traffic/money which correlate) we notice.

And what are all of these hundreds of models and 40+ studios saying about CB's erratic traffic? The one's that aren't cheating the system that is.... What do they say? Are they all noticing it too? What are these "tests" you speak of - please enlighten us.....

I'm starting to feel like the only reason you are supporting CB so much on these forums and being so rude with a few members in particular is because that site is obviously a source of income for you, and you spent a lot of time building what you have (much like us models). I GET IT! BUT - If CB did something to hurt your income in some way (directly or indirectly), you would be making a fuss over it too and wanting answers just like we are. I guarantee it. Stop being so condescending - we know when our traffic is being fucked with. You dodge in and out of rooms all day from the sounds of it - while the models ACTUALLY SIT IN THERE day after day. We notice patterns/differences - ESPECIALLY when it fucks with our income.

Which of the mentioned patterns are you referring to? You can hypothesize as much as you want, come up with a sound theory as to how they are doing it and I will be happy to use my resources to help you test it.

There are many complaints about traffic but thats expected with the number of models, it doesn;t mean theres some mysterious sabotaging system out there. Oh all sorts of tests, including those with artificial traffic.

Who have I been rude with? I will help people test any theory regardless of what light it puts charturbate in once proven....... if proven and its bad will I announce it myself? god no i'm not suicidal xD i'll probably pass along the info to mila and let her do it :giggle:. You see whats going on in your room, I see whats happening in many rooms at once from sitting in them myself every single day. I also gather data on all rooms and can easily code any test I think of to test theories. If I want to know whats the model to viewer ratio I can get a ball park # in seconds.

I am more than willing to assist you in testing any theory. Mila stated "We know for a fact time online is a big factor" but we already know that isn't likely because many models shatter that theory on a regular basis. I know that there is no hiding of models on the model list aside from the rare list glitches that occur because I have done many tests to try to replicate it.

Upvote 0
Which of the mentioned patterns are you referring to?

Um, did you not read any of my posts? I thought I was pretty thorough in my explanations - AND if you had read my posts you would know my account is deleted so why would you even offer to "help" me with that? LOL

Anyway, I am happy to respond to people who aren't gaslighting people. Good luck with whatever it is you do :)

Not going to play pigeon chess any longer.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you know exactly how CB's "core position system" works. Explain it to us, then. How does it work? How is the placement algorithm set up? We would love to get that intel.

Us models, we don't know with certainty how the algorithm works, or how it was coded. I am sure you are an experienced programmer who knows a lot about your trade and can infer things about how CB was made, but I think sometimes programmers don't know how other programmers do the things they do, otherwise some programmers wouldn't need to share the source code of their programs for others to see it. So it is quite possible, and correct me if I am wrong that you don't really know how it works either, and are simply using speculation, same as us.

Here is the difference between you and us... we actually work around that algorithm every single day for hours. We KNOW when there is a patter that is not organic and is artificial set up because of the way it works. The time caps don't seem to affect models who aren't popular because for some reason the 1st hour limit is set around 400 viewers. the 2nd hour is around 900, and so on. If a model never hits those numbers during her broadcast she will not experience these caps. Is it possible your 100s of associates comprisibg models and studios do not have first page experience? There are 3 models on this thread who dealt with first page problems regularly so we have seen the time caps and we all agree. Do you think we are all imagining it?

I even provided an explanation for how this cap would work, and said it isn't a cap itself, they aren't blocking people from entering rooms, they could, however, exclude models from promo tools and whitelabels until they reach a certain amount of time online. This will limit the traffic available to the models to the people browsing the actual homepage. I also said that while at first I thought there was some sort of whitelist for some models who didn't go through the timecaps, later I deducted an alternative explanation, that the algorithm probably has a "trending room" variable and rooms where numbers flock to it at once bypass the promo tool exclusion. I don't believe it is a crazy explanation.
The core of the positional system is the # of colored names, that is the core principle.

Yes thats right, speculation but speculation from a coders perspective is different than a non coder and I can try my best to test the theories.

I watch the positioning more than you broadcasted and every single day......you did not broadcast every day but its not important. I hear what you are saying but HOW? how can they limit it to 400 viewers within the 1st hour, how is that possible? No blocks from entering the room, no hiding of the model from the model list, no email notification delay that long, so how can they do it? If we had a working theory on the how maybe I can come up with a way to test it. Some of them do spend a lot of time on first page but not as high as you. Imagining it? no, its perfectly normal to slowly increase in position, i think you might be imagining the reason behind it but always happy to help test.

I don't know about the exclusion of models from the affiliate promo, i am not talking about that because there is no way to test a theory on that. My posts are about the general model population not someone as high as you. No manipulation of white labels to my knowledge aside from the ones that have the setting toggled.

Upvote 0
Um, did you not read any of my posts? I thought I was pretty thorough in my explanations - AND if you had read my posts you would know my account is deleted so why would you even offer to "help" me with that? LOL

Anyway, I am happy to respond to people who aren't gaslighting people. Good luck with whatever it is you do :)

Not going to play pigeon chess any longer.

Sorry there were several things mentioned by others, the only other model complaining about a big traffic drop thats consistent regardless of hours broadcasted is walker right? but he doesn't have the follower count or viewer count to really consider as a factor. I know you deleted, i sent you a PM asking where you went. You could always try getting it undeleted, anyway if you do ever decide to come back and want my help just let me know.

Upvote 0
Ehm if you look at what Mila said, then she said there is not necessarily a specific #cap in place, but there is SOMETHING that in effect causes an "around a specific" number of viewers to join within a certain timeframe and that growth to stall till a new hour starts and then another growth happens, after which it stalls until you hit another hour.. etc. etc. It's very obvious if you are actually online. I religiously watch my # of viewers and the time I've been online and this is just very obviously noticeable.

Also very obviously noticeable in other rooms, whereas a very small specific group of models seem to be able (one way or another) to bypass this effect. And no I do not know what causes the effect, if it's something that's due to CB, or if it's affiliate traffic or something else entirely... I just know and can only comment on what I myself experience (and in my case one of my viewers/friends is actually religiously watching the in depth stats too, and noticed the same specific thing without me prompting him about it)

If it was just me (and not hearing it from others as well) I'd just conclude it's that people like to join rooms on full hours, and if I start at a full hour then it makes sense that 1 hour in 2 hour in 3 hour in etc. falls on a time that people are set to join. Not sure if people are that punctual though... ;p (and what kind of goes against this theory is that it's not about the full hours, but about an exact hour after I start, even if that was 10 past.. or half.. etc.)

-------------------
The higher you get on the list the higher you get on peoples followed list as well, lots of people simply don't pay attention to notifications. It takes time for people to join your room and bring you higher in position. Time online has very little impact in a models performance. There is no viewerscap.

Who is hitting front page instantly? goldengoddessxxx can do it within about 6 minutes which is really fast but i suspect its related to her social media announcements.

Well there's lots to say about what you've posted before, but I feel it's a bit pointless if my personal experience & observation gets invalidated. Then just call me delusional ;p or tell me it's confirmation bias and be done with it (cuz hey, who knows!) Regardless, you seem to think your "general model population" that you keep personal tabs on is like a complete average of the site for some reason, which is fascinating.. Truly.. I guess I'll just see myself as a magical unicorn in CB Land ^^

Anyway, I'm personally not comfortable with naming names/accounts because I do not know the background of their extreme/instantaneous room growth. And don't want to make it appear like I question their genuineness or suggest they use fake traffic or whatever :) But no it's not the named account, nor do they have a big social media presence :)

Upvote 0
Ehm if you look at what Mila said, then she said there is not necessarily a specific #cap in place, but there is SOMETHING that in effect causes an "around a specific" number of viewers to join within a certain timeframe and that growth to stall till a new hour starts and then another growth happens, after which it stalls until you hit another hour.. etc. etc. It's very obvious if you are actually online. I religiously watch my # of viewers and the time I've been online and this is just very obviously noticeable.

Also very obviously noticeable in other rooms, whereas a very small specific group of models seem to be able (one way or another) to bypass this effect. And no I do not know what causes the effect, if it's something that's due to CB, or if it's affiliate traffic or something else entirely... I just know and can only comment on what I myself experience (and in my case one of my viewers/friends is actually religiously watching the in depth stats too, and noticed the same specific thing without me prompting him about it)

If it was just me (and not hearing it from others as well) I'd just conclude it's that people like to join rooms on full hours, and if I start at a full hour then it makes sense that 1 hour in 2 hour in 3 hour in etc. falls on a time that people are set to join. Not sure if people are that punctual though... ;p (and what kind of goes against this theory is that it's not about the full hours, but about an exact hour after I start, even if that was 10 past.. or half.. etc.)

-------------------

Well there's lots to say about what you've posted before, but I feel it's a bit pointless if my personal experience & observation gets invalidated. Then just call me delusional ;p or tell me it's confirmation bias and be done with it (cuz hey, who knows!) Regardless, you seem to think your "general model population" that you keep personal tabs on is like a complete average of the site for some reason, which is fascinating.. Truly.. I guess I'll just see myself as a magical unicorn in CB Land ^^

Anyway, I'm personally not comfortable with naming names/accounts because I do not know the background of their extreme/instantaneous room growth. And don't want to make it appear like I question their genuineness or suggest they use fake traffic or whatever :) But no it's not the named account, nor do they have a big social media presence :)

Shes talking about models high enough to be promo'd are you in that category?

Edit: are forum notifications being weird for anyone else?

Upvote 0
Shes talking about models high enough to be promo'd are you in that category?

Edit: are forum notifications being weird for anyone else?
Oh is she? Well this changes everything :) No I'm just a merely rank 25-50 model on my bestest of days (although hey strangely I do hit 400 viewers / 900 viewers etc.) lol.

I don't think Mila was talking just about those that hit the popup though, I personally thought she was talking about those who hit the frontpage and experience the issues growing past a certain amount of viewers within a certain amount of time.

I guess my personal observations do not matter in this then :) Continue on!

(but keep in mind, that you as a non-model will never know what it's like busting your ass trying to grow past a certain amount of viewers and the hurdles along the way, so I personally don't appreciate you invalidating my real-life and real-time experiences as an actual model)

ALSO (this is my personal theory, but apparently I am John Snow in this Thread) IF like you say its true that if all factors on the algorithm are equal, that THEN rank is based on time online, then as a function of this, time 100% does have an impact. If you are completely equal with a large group of models on these factors, but you are longer online, you automatically get moved in front of them, meaning that you will be more visible, meaning that from that moment on you will be able to 'grow' more easily again. Rinse and repeat. If this "moving ahead of the equal rest" happens every hours then guess what.. That explains at least some of the "after 1 hour suddenly I get an influx of.... then after 2 hours..."etc.

But you are the true and absolute know-it-all of CBs algorithm :D So I'm going to skip out of this thread.

Upvote 0
Oh is she? Well this changes everything :) No I'm just a merely rank 25-50 model on my bestest of days (although hey strangely I do hit 400 viewers / 900 viewers etc.) lol.

I don't think Mila was talking just about those that hit the popup though, I personally thought she was talking about those who hit the frontpage and experience the issues growing past a certain amount of viewers within a certain amount of time.

I guess my personal observations do not matter in this then :) Continue on!

(but keep in mind, that you as a non-model will never know what it's like busting your ass trying to grow past a certain amount of viewers and the hurdles along the way, so I personally don't appreciate you invalidating my real-life and real-time experiences as an actual model)

ALSO (this is my personal theory, but apparently I am John Snow in this Thread) IF like you say its true that if all factors on the algorithm are equal, that THEN rank is based on time online, then as a function of this, time 100% does have an impact. If you are completely equal with a large group of models on these factors, but you are longer online, you automatically get moved in front of them, meaning that you will be more visible, meaning that from that moment on you will be able to 'grow' more easily again. Rinse and repeat. If this "moving ahead of the equal rest" happens every hours then guess what.. That explains at least some of the "after 1 hour suddenly I get an influx of.... then after 2 hours..."etc.

But you are the true and absolute know-it-all of CBs algorithm :D So I'm going to skip out of this thread.

I'm not saying your personal observations don't matter, I am simply saying her theory was related to the promotional program. Do you have a theory as to how they could be limiting your viewers by the hour?

I am simply providing information to try to help, what good does it to have people believing something that probably isnt true and constantly bringing it up. If its true then great I try to keep everyone as informed as possible.

You have to have the exact same positional score as someone else in order for it to decide the tie breaker based on time online. That's super super rare on the first page, the further back you get on the model pages the more likely it will be a factor.

Upvote 0
I've been spending a lot of time on CB lately, and one thing I've noticed(as a member) is that the top of the first page, for the past few weeks, is being dominated by models whose users seem to rise at a very fast rate compared to others who used to hold the same positions. As anecdotal as my observation is, it does beg the questions of what has changed, and where the changes have occurred. If the previous top models have done nothing differently, and promote their rooms using social media and other tools that they've had at their disposal for months, then it seems obvious that CB has done 'something' differently in regards to placement, ability to attract and retain viewers and so forth.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
i was going to write a super in depth response detailing everything I know about this issue and the promo tools, spent like 45 min writing it, but then I gave it a second thought and I really have nothing to prove... if a member, no matter how much he thinks he knows about the site, doesn’t think we have anything useful to say on this then so be it.

As to who I was referring to, a big chunk of models who hit front page and reach 400 viewers will experience this. Not sure why or how it works exactly although I have my personal theories. Melody is right that this has 0 to do with sharp hours and 100 to do with 1 hour after you hit “broadcast” regardless of when you started broadcasting.

Also.. promo tools comprise more than just the “embed cam” feature, check out the “listing” tool.

Upvote 0
i was going to write a super in depth response detailing everything I know about this issue and the promo tools, spent like 45 min writing it, but then I gave it a second thought and I really have nothing to prove... if a member, no matter how much he thinks he knows about the site, doesn’t think we have anything useful to say on this then so be it.

As to who I was referring to, a big chunk of models who hit front page and reach 400 viewers will experience this. Not sure why or how it works exactly although I have my personal theories. Melody is right that this has 0 to do with sharp hours and 100 to do with 1 hour after you hit “broadcast” regardless of when you started broadcasting.

Also.. promo tools comprise more than just the “embed cam” feature, check out the “listing” tool.

I didn't say you don't have anything useful to say, on the contrary you have information I do not have access to at all because I do not have access to anyone high enough to reach the promo....welll....that takes the time to respond regularly It just doesn't relate to 99.?% of other models.

True about the promo tools but thats not selected at "random" when they enter those top spots and I assume you aren't suggesting they are disappearing off those top listings because that should be easy enough to monitor.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying your personal observations don't matter, I am simply saying her theory was related to the promotional program. Do you have a theory as to how they could be limiting your viewers by the hour?

I am simply providing information to try to help, what good does it to have people believing something that probably isnt true and constantly bringing it up. If its true then great I try to keep everyone as informed as possible.

You have to have the exact same positional score as someone else in order for it to decide the tie breaker based on time online. That's super super rare on the first page, the further back you get on the model pages the more likely it will be a factor.

If you actually take the time to read my message(s) then you see that I do not say that "They are limiting the viewers by the hour".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.