AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

chaturbate - color nick

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barrbi

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
May 3, 2019
Hi all, i have a question, i'm model broadcaster on chaturbate, i have a friend with account verificate (grey)
he is verificate so he can receive tip, i have so sent him 500 tokens and he became light blue, after when i was online he have sent me 500 tokens
... 15...100....1... but he remain light blue.... why? with 250/500/1000 i think need became strong blue, light violet, strong violet....

I know that tokens are counted and substracted when they are tipped back to the same user.
It's obvious when he click on your name in the chat, he see how much you tipped him and the same in your room.
When he gave back the 500, you both are counted as have given zero each.

He should have turned dark blue (50) after the "15.. 100" tips though (if you didn't tip him meanwhile)
Models who have to tip helpers to retrieve cash turn normally purple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CB differs between tokens bought with a credit card and tokens that were received from another account. I have a user who's age verified too, I tipped him some tokens for fun, he tipped me back but then he wrote me, that he cannot give me a thumbs up. He tried to do this but could not. Maybe something like this exists for the user colors too. They only turn darker when the tokens spent were bought with a credit card?

• Helpful!
Reactions: rstanton
Upvote 0
sorry i have no understand, he give me 500 and remain light blue
when i look in my chat, i see he have give me zero
another time another nick was light violet, after close and login he return light blue.

Upvote 0
Yes I know, that : it's the same mechanism I spoke about.
Tokens are counted and substracted when tipped back, even bought with a credit card (tokens are not traçable ;) ).
You can play : tip 25 , vote. get tipped back. Tip another 25 vote another time... the first vote has been 'deleted'

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
example:
me "x" broadcaster ip 0000
"y" friend another ip 1111
"z" friend another ip 2222
me "x" give 500 to "y", "y" give 500 to z", "z" give 500 to me
"z" remain light blue.... i think need became violet, "x" and "z" are 100% different, but "z" remain light blue

Upvote 0
another question, 2 account on the same person, and the same ip
if account 1 buy 2000tokens and give 1000 to account 2
after, if this 1° and 2° account tip a model, all 2 account became violet?

Upvote 0
This couldn't be more confusing. Why don't you just earn tokens like regular and not worry about sending tokens to people to tip back and forth.

Just be a normal cam model.

Upvote 0
anyway, in your chat parameters, you can select the higher color you'd like to display :/ the only interesting think in all that.
and yes, on last question, both would be violet, as 2 nice tippers (and that, you can not test between you 2 only)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what is "bots"?
i want understand about color nick, because in some room i see lot's violet with few tippers and few viewers
in other room i see full of gray and light blue, without violet...
i dont understand the "preview list"
number viewers with tokens (buy or earned)
number tippers
number color nick total or maybe better high number of violet nick

Upvote 0
I have a feeling and the hope cb is somewhat tightening some internal things related to token transfers and/or the effect of viewer bots/multiple accounts.

To the op, I have the feeling that you have a better chance of getting answers in the darker and non English areas of the web but I would still like to know why you're so interested in it.

Upvote 0
Easy, when you're violet, you stay violet a loooong time, even if you are completely broke whatever the room you visit :)
so, you can see many violet and few tips

You can also, as violet, decide to appear only as light blue... and the rest is all the magics and psychology of this fantastic world.
(other post deleted, as my mod got back the tip button :/ )

Upvote 0
what is "bots"?
i want understand about color nick, because in some room i see lot's violet with few tippers and few viewers
in other room i see full of gray and light blue, without violet...
i dont understand the "preview list"
number viewers with tokens (buy or earned)
number tippers
number color nick total or maybe better high number of violet nick

To the question before, yes after 14 days and no tips the color should change to light blue if the user still has at least one token (unless he changed in chat settings that he never was his "true" color but not many users know about it and do it).

And what is a preview list? Where did you see it?

What do you REALLY want to know? You mention transferring tokens back and forth, even different ip addresses, also how you compare different cb rooms and their list of users. This is far too detailed to "just understand" the colors in my opinion.

Upvote 0
i want know, if i have 50 violet nick in room can i stay in up in first page?
no ---> nothing
yes ---> can i use my tokens to do this, or can i invest some money to buy and use tokens to help my room?

Upvote 0
i want know, if i have 50 violet nick in room can i stay in up in first page?
no ---> nothing
yes ---> can i use my tokens to do this, or can i invest some money to buy and use tokens to help my room?

You could have said so right from the beginning and at some point I correctly assumed it would be about this.

So you want to have user accounts in your room that have only one purpose: to lift your room higher on chaturbate?
These kind of user accounts are called "viewer bots", "traffic bots" or just short "bots".

Like I said before you might find answers in darker areas of the internet as this is a gray to black area. Also I just do not know and I think cb did some things against it or took it back again? No idea really.

Are there chat rooms with bots on chaturbate? Yes.
Do any broadcasters use bots on chaturbate? No, only others do.

This sums up most of the (public) discussion about it as far as i know.

Reactions: rstanton
Upvote 0
On his account that is not changing colour, try going to the Gear settings in chat (to the right of private messages) and change "highest token color" to dark purple. See if that works. Or if it's already on that, switch it to another one such as light blue, then back to dark purple. Refresh the page and try see if that helps.

OR it could just be bugging out..
My main account right now keeps messing up (bought tokens plenty of times, it SHOULD be at least a light purple, but no matter how much I change it to dark purple, it will only go to dark blue - unless they changed the colour being based on every 2 weeks, to now only every 7 days but I am sure that has not been changed.

It definitely does bug out though. Mine might be due to the fact I have kept mine on a light blue for a loooooooong time.

Upvote 0
If you put half the time into camming as you are in your obsession over trying to cheat your page placement, you’d be much more successful.

On another note, I don’t give any weight to user colors. I sort my user list by tokens they have. You’d be surprised how many violets and other high status colors are very low on the list or even listed with grey members.

And to other new models who might read this...treating a member a certain way just because of their color will absolutely limit your earning potential. Majority of users have always started off grey when they first sign up. What you have, that they want to tip for, will be the factor in them buying or even spending tokens on you.

Upvote 0
If you put half the time into camming as you are in your obsession over trying to cheat your page placement, you’d be much more successful.

On another note, I don’t give any weight to user colors. I sort my user list by tokens they have. You’d be surprised how many violets and other high status colors are very low on the list or even listed with grey members.

And to other new models who might read this...treating a member a certain way just because of their color will absolutely limit your earning potential. Majority of users have always started off grey when they first sign up. What you have, that they want to tip for, will be the factor in them buying or even spending tokens on you.

I think a lot of people fail to consider: the dark purple have SPENT the money, it doesn't now mean they still have more to buy more tokens.
Where as the light blue etc has a potential.

I think too many people assume that if a person is dark purple, they constantly have tokens (and thousands of) to spend. That is not the case. You only need 2,000 tokens (approx $160 per month) to remain dark purple.

Upvote 0
as seen in studio, traffic bots don't create profiles, they connect anonymous, that's enough to work, but will kill your bandwith ;)

just : the only interest to have colored users as kind of promotion would be to appear like a 'serious' room to other users, but you can mod a grey friend it will have the same effect

Upvote 0
I think a lot of people fail to consider: the dark purple have SPENT the money, it doesn't now mean they still have more to buy more tokens.
Where as the light blue etc has a potential.

I think too many people assume that if a person is dark purple, they constantly have tokens (and thousands of) to spend. That is not the case. You only need 2,000 tokens (approx $160 per month) to remain dark purple.
Exactly. Every person in your room, even anonymous viewers, have the potential to buy & spend tokens. I love seeing grey members turn to a color in my room. It means I’m doing something right. Something they enjoy.

The only reason I have mine sorted the way I do is because I’ve had plenty of violet members ask for a pm to discuss a private. I can see they don’t have any tokens though. So I politely explain PMs are 20 tokens & that they need tokens to take me into a private. I know what they are really trying to do. 😉

Upvote 0
here someone work for chaturbate or know about algorithm of chaturbate preview in 1° page.
what you think?
with lot's users with tokens in room can raise? or need users with tokens but violet? (with tokens but every 2 week, 1000+ tipped)
i try to understand - when i check other rooms i see this:
example:
300 viewers with only 3 strong violet are down, 100 viewers with 15 strong violet are up
correct? so i don't understand if need more violet nick, or user with tokens (light blue is enough)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They count users, registred or not, and total tokens in room (tipped or not) at each time.
They dont take colour in account in any way.

A violet with 1 token will count less than a light blue with 1k in his pocket. That is known.

They count also other things not in relation with user list that's why you see differences.

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
Upvote 0
as seen in studio, traffic bots don't create profiles, they connect anonymous, that's enough to work, but will kill your bandwith ;)

just : the only interest to have colored users as kind of promotion would be to appear like a 'serious' room to other users, but you can mod a grey friend it will have the same effect

There are plenty of bot nets on cb with accounts with tokens and in all kinds of colors.

How cb algorithm for room placement works right now, I do not know.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
so count total amount of tokens avaible on room?
why usually NEW are in 1° page?

Upvote 0
so count total amount of tokens avaible on room?
why usually NEW are in 1° page?

A lot of people will go to the NEW cams because, well...they are new and they are curious what the person is like, what the show is like etc. So you will get a lot of guys being in the rooms tipping, or possibly just sitting and watching.

Upvote 0
The tag "new" on a cam add also some points on the room.

So that they are much higher than a old room with 0 follower and 0 vote. Votes count also.
(for Nbr of followers, I don't know )
A new cam would have no chance without this help to be seen .

Because they are helped to not stuck on last page, they are seen, then users come in, tip, etc...
This keep some of these new room on 1st page.

Upvote 0
another question
if my cam usually is in 1° page
if i make another account, i ask transfer tokens and followers i'll be NEW for 7 days?
i'll be like as usually in 1° page or i'll be in last pages?

Upvote 0
I keep having a hard time following your questions.

You are "usually" on page 1 but now you are not? There is no guarantee to be on page 1 ever. No girl on cb has such a guarantee (I think).

What you are asking about new account, can work but there is also no guarantee. But there is also no guarantee that a new accounts gets to page 1.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.