AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate.com Improvements!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote]

The model can turn that off in their profile by opting out of appearing on Network Sites. Also, if the person already knows their screen/roomname, I'd consider their privacy already compromised...[/quote]

Opting out doesnt work some models have done it and still appear in google images :angry4: and the images are within the past 5 days.

Some chaturbate models here might like to google themselves in google images and see?

nzhere said:
jackie_O said:
punker barbie said:
Wouldn't it have been infinitely better for someone to have just sent me an email saying "Hey, your ID expired/is about to expire and we're gonna need you to upload a new one now/soon." Instead of having to go through all that?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I still like chaturbate the best of all the sites that I've tried. But I saw a chance to communicate about the issue in an open forum, and I'm taking it. So these are just all of my complaints. There are many things I love.

Why should an i.d expiring be a reason for blocking an account? that's rediculous! as long as the person on the account is the original on the original i.d that was submitted.

I believe that in order to be 2257 compliant model ID needs to be valid as of the date of production.

nzhere said:
The model can turn that off in their profile by opting out of appearing on Network Sites. Also, if the person already knows their screen/roomname, I'd consider their privacy already compromised...
Opting out doesnt work some models have done it and still appear in google images :angry4: and the images are within the past 5 days.

Some chaturbate models here might like to google themselves in google images and see?
Listing the directories returns a 403 code (forbidden). Google can't be indexing images via directories. The URLs seem to be using rewrite, so that is probably not a real directory.

I did search on google images for some models and didn't find any picture. The server where the room pictures are hosted is not indexed on Google. But I did find (via web search, not image search) models on some affiliate sites and the room image was hosted on affiliate's server, not on CB. This way, yes, Google may index the image.

The images hosted on that CDN expire after some time. I thought it was after some minutes. But it seems to take weeks to expire.

I don't know if this is what you were talking about, but Chaturbate API returns a list of countries/states blocked by a model. It tells affiliates that that model wants to block those regions. But it is up to each affiliate to apply that block on their sites or not. This is not about white labels. Those are a different matter and I far as I know white labels inherit the models settings from the main site (chaturbate.com), including the country block, and affiliates cannot change that. Maybe someone can check if models can exclude themselves from the API? It seems some models would like that.

By the way, this is not much different from how most of the sites work.

MyCamgirl said:
The images hosted on that CDN expire after some time. I thought it was after some minutes. But it seems to take weeks to expire.

Maybe i didn't explain it very well

go in google images
use chaturbate miss4you as your search (of course turn off safety)

You will see a bunch of recent images for example the first 1 if you click it then on right side full size image it it will open and the link will be

http://cdn.highwebmedia.com/up/uploads/ ... ropped.jpg

issue was where are these thumbnails coming from and why they being picked up by google images when the model has opted out of "affiliates"

NOTE I was just using the above as an example, that specific model may not have opted out.

anyway it looks like Shirley is onto it :thumbleft:

There's pretty much only a few features I can think needs to be added to make chaturbate pretty much my ideal camsite - the ability to tip during a countdown/goal without the tip being counted towards the goal, and the ability to offline tip (without buying a video, etc, just a token sum). I'm sure it's been said before, but it's so close to being perfect :D I love seeing suggestions and 'findings' being responded to so quickly here.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I actually had a few members suggest they should be able to tip anonymously or tip for things NOT for the goal.

on another note:
I was in the middle of a show when they did the vote for shows tip thing...

I made 500 tokens in less then 5 minutes during this!

The model sets a token count - say 500 tokens and can list up to 5 things for the show:

*Dildo show
*Shower show
*Anal show
*Strip tease
*Sexy dancing

(as examples)

the members can then tip and pick which show, the option with the highest token votes becomes the goal until overtaken by another higher voted option. At the end of the goal the highest voted winning option is the show.

A pretty awesome idea i never would have thought would work. :thumbleft: good job!

ScarletVixen said:
There's pretty much only a few features I can think needs to be added to make chaturbate pretty much my ideal camsite - the ability to tip during a countdown/goal without the tip being counted towards the goal, and the ability to offline tip (without buying a video, etc, just a token sum). I'm sure it's been said before, but it's so close to being perfect :D I love seeing suggestions and 'findings' being responded to so quickly here.

Offline tipping has been on the site for a while now :p (i've been tipped twice while 'offline' lol)

Reactions: RoseCavilla
eddielaw1971 said:
ScarletVixen said:

Offline tipping has been on the site for a while now :p (i've been tipped twice while 'offline' lol)

Seriously? I was told just last week by another model that CB had no offline tipping :O

Reactions: LadyLuna
ScarletVixen said:
Seriously? I was told just last week by another model that CB had no offline tipping :O
Yep, it is there. Go to any offline room and there will be on the top left a green button that says "send tip".

The dialog opens on the same page and it seems to not have any direct link to send offline tips without loading the profile. Maybe that is why that model thought there was no way to do it.

MyCamgirl said:
ScarletVixen said:
Yep, it is there. Go to any offline room and there will be on the top left a green button that says "send tip".

The dialog opens on the same page and it seems to not have any direct link to send offline tips without loading the profile. Maybe that is why that model thought there was no way to do it.

Thank you and eddielaw for letting me know, that's a great thing to know...offline-tip promoting on twitter for the win ;) CB just went up another notch for me.

If an account is "access denied" then please put a message somewhere in the models verification page the reason and what they need to do to unblock it.

I know many girls that have had this issue. They have mailed chaturbate and got no response.

I got access denied and chaturbate not replying to emails... Lots models experience same :angry4:
ChatCash said:
nzhere said:
jackie_O said:
punker barbie said:
Wouldn't it have been infinitely better for someone to have just sent me an email saying "Hey, your ID expired/is about to expire and we're gonna need you to upload a new one now/soon." Instead of having to go through all that?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I still like chaturbate the best of all the sites that I've tried. But I saw a chance to communicate about the issue in an open forum, and I'm taking it. So these are just all of my complaints. There are many things I love.

Why should an i.d expiring be a reason for blocking an account? that's rediculous! as long as the person on the account is the original on the original i.d that was submitted.

I believe that in order to be 2257 compliant model ID needs to be valid as of the date of production.

Agree!... CB is the best of all sites only big complain is the very very poor communication...
nzhere said:
If an account is "access denied" then please put a message somewhere in the models verification page the reason and what they need to do to unblock it.

I know many girls that have had this issue. They have mailed chaturbate and got no response.

Suggestion: I love that we have the option to rearrange the pictures when we make a picture set/folder on our profiles. I have 18 or so videos on my profile, with more planned, and it would be awesome if we could sort/arrange them as well, or at least do like a display numbering system manually in the editing for each video. Like each video would have a box where we can put "1 -2- 3" etc, for display order.

I uploaded some fetish videos most recently and now they're at the very top of my list where the vids auto-show and I feel dumb, since most people would prefer the vanilla style vids further down in the list over those. I'd love to be able to choose which videos show in what order on my profile. For now I'll probably have to remove some old ones and reupload them to make them show up as the most recent.

AnabelleLeigh said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread before but I think the next big thing chaturbate needs to incorporate is a messaging system so you can communicate with people when they aren't online.

+1!!! :-D

MissKlass said:
Question for Chaturbate!

I really, really need to change my username. It's really stupid and I picked it before I realized that member and model accounts were one and the same. Is there any way to change it?

E-mail me your current username and the name you would like to change it to Shirley@Chaturbate.com

Reactions: MissKlass
JessiJayde said:
I actually had a few members suggest they should be able to tip anonymously or tip for things NOT for the goal.

on another note:
I was in the middle of a show when they did the vote for shows tip thing...

I made 500 tokens in less then 5 minutes during this!

The model sets a token count - say 500 tokens and can list up to 5 things for the show:

*Dildo show
*Shower show
*Anal show
*Strip tease
*Sexy dancing

(as examples)

the members can then tip and pick which show, the option with the highest token votes becomes the goal until overtaken by another higher voted option. At the end of the goal the highest voted winning option is the show.

A pretty awesome idea i never would have thought would work. :thumbleft: good job!

Woo Hoo! That's awesome!!!! :dance:

rein12 said:
Agree!... CB is the best of all sites only big complain is the very very poor communication...
nzhere said:

Please e-mail me if you have any questions or need help. Im pretty good at responding in a timely manor :thumbleft:
shirley@chaturbate.com

ScarletVixen said:
Suggestion: I love that we have the option to rearrange the pictures when we make a picture set/folder on our profiles. I have 18 or so videos on my profile, with more planned, and it would be awesome if we could sort/arrange them as well, or at least do like a display numbering system manually in the editing for each video. Like each video would have a box where we can put "1 -2- 3" etc, for display order.

I uploaded some fetish videos most recently and now they're at the very top of my list where the vids auto-show and I feel dumb, since most people would prefer the vanilla style vids further down in the list over those. I'd love to be able to choose which videos show in what order on my profile. For now I'll probably have to remove some old ones and reupload them to make them show up as the most recent.

Good suggestion!!!!!

AnabelleLeigh said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread before but I think the next big thing chaturbate needs to incorporate is a messaging system so you can communicate with people when they aren't online.

Have to chime in and second this notion!

I send email but no reply till now...I send again then..quote="punker barbie"]
rein12 said:
nzhere said:

Please e-mail me if you have any questions or need help. Im pretty good at responding in a timely manor :thumbleft:
shirley@chaturbate.com[/quote]

punker barbie said:
MissKlass said:
Question for Chaturbate!

I really, really need to change my username. It's really stupid and I picked it before I realized that member and model accounts were one and the same. Is there any way to change it?

E-mail me your current username and the name you would like to change it to Shirley@Chaturbate.com

Thank you! That would be awesome. I sent you an e-mail :)

AnabelleLeigh said:

I approve this post! I haven't been on Chaturbate for a couple weeks (MFC is where my established base is). Part of that feels like it's because, once I log off, my members have no access to me. It's harder to make them feel like they NEED to see me again, since there is no other contact except while I'm broadcasting. A messaging system would be great.

Reactions: Molly_Rockit
Suggestion: On "Dispute this" with regards to "The model has been reported" - please let us add text explanation of what we are disputing.

So the context of this. Last night there was a model, or should I say a model and her boyfriend and another.

They had a 1500 token topic, which was basically "orgy" though it's fairly obvious she only actually has sex with her boyfriend and not the other - that's simulated. Anyway, the countdown is on. For perhaps 2 hours before the topic is finished she's gotten naked, given the bf head repeatedly, had sex with the boyfriend and so on... simulated the orgy - its all gone on.

Now I am one of the few that tipped - whereas there are thousands who did not. Each tip I made had a request or comment or banter contained within it. All my requests were done; the lady is really sweet. I offer no opinion on the bf, he seemed a bit of a douche :D Wait, that is an opinion. Doh! :D

The problem is while I was buying more tokens they had a fight (from the sounds of it). The topic was finished and people claimed "no show", they also claimed "recording", "haha you got screwed tippers" or the more disturbing "rape". Now I did not observe the last 30 seconds, as said i was buying tokens, and it did sound like the guy and girl arguing for about 10 seconds - so maybe something bad did happen. I cannot say as I did not observe it. But they definitely went offline. I don't know why.

But my concern is that the little greys were shouting for reporting for all the above reasons as they felt cheated they didn't see their free show. Now I assume that they are the reporters - but they didn't tip. They did FUCK ALL. All requests in tips had been fulfilled and they had easily done their show BEFORE the topic was reached, as we went along.

Now obviously if grey's can't report, then ignore the rest :D If they can, then read on!

So the problem is - all those cheap little vindictive bastard reports can be made, whilst those who actually did contribute and were satisfied with what their tokens brought, and cannot actually EXPLAIN that.

So please, allow an explanation to be included with the "dispute". Allow those who actually paid and were satisfied with the entertainment and what they paid for, to inform you of that. Otherwise, you've essentially got cheap cunts highjacking everything and blackmailing the models. Alternatively, after 1 "freebie" grey has registered a report - only allow those who've tipped to register any further. That way if anything WRONG happened you'll get legitimate report from the 1 grey out of thousands who reports it. Then any dissatisfaction with what has been paid for can be reported by those who did the paying.

As of right now it seems exceptionally stacked in being a cheap bastards favour, and being able to vindictively report freely - and no way for the paying ones who dispute the vindictive claims of explaining why.

So back in context, and admitting I did not see the last 30 seconds so maybe something bad happened... but I saw 50 reports made in total. I saw the calls of the greys in chat to report. I saw 3-4 different reasons for reporting being given (with the scammed being by far the most frequent).

I am skeptical of what happened being bad as given there were at least 2000 people in the room and maybe double that (according to what one person who said 'what do you expect, 4000 people in the room and only 1100 tokens tipped in a few hours whilst they've been doing a show throughout), I would have expected hundreds or thousands of reports if there was an assault, but I didn't witness everything.

So please, review and revise your report system. It is fundamentally flawed...

As it is, the model I assume has been banned (no idea what reason for, as said maybe legitimate I don't know - not complaining about that) as their profile page is "access denied" - and I worry that basically it was due to a heavily skewed mis-representation of what's gone on and vindictive bandwagon jumping. The current reporting system seems PRIME for it.

Given previous postings, I hold little hope of seeing them all again. Unless something has changed, they'll likely log back in to find themselves banned and no idea what or why, and no idea how to try and communicate to resolve it or find out.

It has, essentially, put me off the site. I won't buy any more tokens there as I think you've implemented ideas without any rational thought, and from various comments regarding access denied claims, very little care towards those who make you the money.
Your report system is undoubtedly supposed to generate reassurance that you'll get what you paid for. Whilst it is true in some way - it has also the attempt to backfire. I won't pay anything further. Why? Because why bother? Wait for a free show and report if you don't see it... save your tokens. After all, you may tip because you like someone - but from my limited observations - those that you like may well be banned next time. So what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.