AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate.com Improvements!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion if I may.
Stop listening to every bloobs email complaining about something and taking it as gospel. Start verifying things on your own before banning models for BS. You banned one of the most infamous camgirls on the web yesterday because she was fiddling with settings and didn't answer the hordes or retards yelling at her while her back was turned. Bad move from a business standpoint.

Don't ever forget that 90% of your members have the IQ of a retarded goat.

A few things I would like to suggest as well:

I know you said that you guys were working on allowing mods to chat even if the settings would not normally allow them to do so. Like when Only Users Who Have Tokens has been selected, but your normal mod doesn't have tokens at that moment. It would be great.

Also:

I really really like that the tip goal is automatically counted for me. BUT I would like it a lot if I could have a topic without a tip goal sometimes, so that people could still read about what is going on, but no tips are automatically counted for anything. For some of my shows that would be helpful.

In a similar vein, it would be cool of the tip king could have a topic on it so I could write about what the tip king gets for being tip king. Otherwise it feels kind of useless to me.

Again, similar vein. I would really really really like it if tips made in private did not go to the room countdown. That has made me very mad at least once, where a guy tipped 500 tokens in private because he was enjoying the show, BUT it all went to the naked countdown. I didn't know what to do when I got out of my private and someone was like "Looks like its time to get naked." And I ended up doing it because that's what the countdown said, but I did it for a bunch of people who had paid ABSOLUTELY nothing to see it. That 500 was for me. :/ So yeah, that'd be great.

Different vein:

Along with what Jolene said. A little communication before bannings wouldn't hurt. There are some situations where no warning or communication is needed. Like if someone has a minor on cam, or is doing sexual things with an animal. Totally justified in shutting that down immediately.

But if it something that could be easily worked out, or something with the high potential of being a miscommunication, why not shoot an email to communicate about it? Also, please make it painfully clear that one has been banned. That "access denied" message is confusing. You guys banned me because my ID had expired, no email, no communication. I just got done with a show and my members were telling me they had the access denied message, and then I tried and I did too. I was confused for a long time, and there was zip communication from you guys.

If you ban someone for anything, you ought to at least send an email stating why so we can deal with it.

JoleneJolene said:
Suggestion if I may.
Stop listening to every bloobs email complaining about something and taking it as gospel. Start verifying things on your own before banning models for BS. You banned one of the most infamous camgirls on the web yesterday because she was fiddling with settings and didn't answer the hordes or retards yelling at her while her back was turned. Bad move from a business standpoint.

Don't ever forget that 90% of your members have the IQ of a retarded goat.

Suggestions are always welcome. Please have your friend e-mail me Shirley@Chaturbate.com

I would love the suggestion to finally be implemented, where the mods can talk whether they have tokens or not, whether they have tipped or not.

I have a mod or two that probably won't ever tip, but they are fantastic mods!

Reactions: jackie_O
jackie_O said:
A few things I would like to suggest as well:

I know you said that you guys were working on allowing mods to chat even if the settings would not normally allow them to do so. Like when Only Users Who Have Tokens has been selected, but your normal mod doesn't have tokens at that moment. It would be great.

Also:

I really really like that the tip goal is automatically counted for me. BUT I would like it a lot if I could have a topic without a tip goal sometimes, so that people could still read about what is going on, but no tips are automatically counted for anything. For some of my shows that would be helpful.

In a similar vein, it would be cool of the tip king could have a topic on it so I could write about what the tip king gets for being tip king. Otherwise it feels kind of useless to me.

Again, similar vein. I would really really really like it if tips made in private did not go to the room countdown. That has made me very mad at least once, where a guy tipped 500 tokens in private because he was enjoying the show, BUT it all went to the naked countdown. I didn't know what to do when I got out of my private and someone was like "Looks like its time to get naked." And I ended up doing it because that's what the countdown said, but I did it for a bunch of people who had paid ABSOLUTELY nothing to see it. That 500 was for me. :/ So yeah, that'd be great.

Different vein:

Along with what Jolene said. A little communication before bannings wouldn't hurt. There are some situations where no warning or communication is needed. Like if someone has a minor on cam, or is doing sexual things with an animal. Totally justified in shutting that down immediately.

But if it something that could be easily worked out, or something with the high potential of being a miscommunication, why not shoot an email to communicate about it? Also, please make it painfully clear that one has been banned. That "access denied" message is confusing. You guys banned me because my ID had expired, no email, no communication. I just got done with a show and my members were telling me they had the access denied message, and then I tried and I did too. I was confused for a long time, and there was zip communication from you guys.

If you ban someone for anything, you ought to at least send an email stating why so we can deal with it.

Those are really good suggestions and i have passed them on the the team.

Im sorry to hear about the ban problem. Usually models e-mail me to resolve issues. Please keep my e-mail on file Shirley@Chaturbate.com for the future.

The point is they shouldn't HAVE to email you after being banned for something silly like people thinking she's a recording just because she's busy setting something up and not answering their "hi bb"! Unless something horrible and against the law is visibly happening, your team should be double checking claims before banning on things like being accused of being a recording or not delivering products BEFORE they ban.

JoleneJolene said:
The point is they shouldn't HAVE to email you after being banned for something silly like people thinking she's a recording just because she's busy setting something up and not answering their "hi bb"! Unless something horrible and against the law is visibly happening, your team should be double checking claims before banning on things like being accused of being a recording or not delivering products BEFORE they ban.
This.
1. If your members catch on that they can get a model banned for nothing with just an email, there will be tons of "Flash tits or I report, bb!" Good luck keeping girls around for long when that happens.
2. Girls talk. If your site favors members so heavily, word will spread and girls will stop signing up or signing in. We don't just talk to one another, either. We have members who will loyally follow us out of a site. Choosing to treat women as dispensable on your site will eventually leave you only with those whiny dudes who are sending you accusatory emails. Good luck getting another 6 million out of them.

punker barbie said:
Im sorry to hear about the ban problem. Usually models e-mail me to resolve issues. Please keep my e-mail on file Shirley@Chaturbate.com for the future.

I emailed support, is that not the appropriate action? I got no response, but a bit later my access denied was taken off and I had the message telling me I need to upload ID in order to earn tokens. Which I did.

All in all it took a little over 24 hours to resolve, I got no actual communication about the issues, and my regulars were all panicked.

Wouldn't it have been infinitely better for someone to have just sent me an email saying "Hey, your ID expired/is about to expire and we're gonna need you to upload a new one now/soon." Instead of having to go through all that?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I still like chaturbate the best of all the sites that I've tried. But I saw a chance to communicate about the issue in an open forum, and I'm taking it. So these are just all of my complaints. There are many things I love.

Wow. I just started working on CB recently. There are features I like, and features I don't. I second being able to have a topic without a token goal if we choose. Can't comment on the above banning situation really, but I agree it would be prudent to verify complaints from members about models before firing them, since we are the ones who are earning money for the site.

JessiJayde said:
I would love the suggestion to finally be implemented, where the mods can talk whether they have tokens or not, whether they have tipped or not.

I have a mod or two that probably won't ever tip, but they are fantastic mods!

Yes, please! I run my room where only "people who have tipped today" can chat, and I have a friend that Mods for me but has no tokens. I would love for him to be able to join the room conversation as Mod.

By the way, I LOVE being able to limit chatters to only people who have tipped! Best. Feature. Ever! Had 200 people in my room last night and it was soooooo nice and calm and friendly with none of the freeloader chatter to deal with. Love, love, love! Even the guys that only tipped 1 or 2 tokens to get in were nice and ended up tipping more.

Reactions: LadyLuna
jackie_O said:
punker barbie said:
Wouldn't it have been infinitely better for someone to have just sent me an email saying "Hey, your ID expired/is about to expire and we're gonna need you to upload a new one now/soon." Instead of having to go through all that?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I still like chaturbate the best of all the sites that I've tried. But I saw a chance to communicate about the issue in an open forum, and I'm taking it. So these are just all of my complaints. There are many things I love.

Why should an i.d expiring be a reason for blocking an account? that's rediculous! as long as the person on the account is the original on the original i.d that was submitted.

nzhere said:
jackie_O said:
punker barbie said:

Why should an i.d expiring be a reason for blocking an account? that's rediculous! as long as the person on the account is the original on the original i.d that was submitted.

That, kind sir, is an excellent question as well and definitely crossed my mind. I am obviously still the same person I was when I signed up with a non-expired ID. I haven't been taken over by a body snatcher, and I definitely haven't aged younger. So if I was verified as being over eighteen when I joined, why should it matter that my ID expired. That doesn't change anything about my age.

I guess, perhaps they are hosted in a state which requires a current valid ID to be on file at all times? But if that is the case, they still need to send out an email either BEFORE is expires, or as soon as they notice it has expired, and instead of straight up IP banning me, making me and all of my regulars, AND my fellow model friends panic, it could have been dealt with in a quick and efficient manner.

Reactions: Always_Tim
Sorry to double post! I realized a good way to make it so that people can tip in private without it going to the countdown. Also a way that people can tip for things like custom videos and photosets and things, which girls normally want to sell outside of a room goal.

Simply add a checkbox on the little popout when you click "send tip" that says something like "not for goal." And whoever wishes to send a tip without it going to the room goal or because they were instructed to send a tip that isn't for the goal because they bought something like a custom video can easily do so.

JoleneJolene said:

It takes quite a number of people to report it as a recording (they report in the chatroom) and then that cam will show with a tag "RECORDING" on the homepage. I've seen this tag be cleared many times as false reports, and it takes a long time for more than a few people to report it as such.

The only way I can think of it happening would be if she were ignoring the room completely for a long period of time.

As far as improvements go, I don't know if this would ever be taken into consideration, but the ability to assign an admin, as well as the current moderators would be handy. An admin would be able to ban as well as silence.

Secondly, being able to pre-emptively ban members via name instead of having to wait for them to come into your chatroom AND say something first. If they leave before you can get to the userlist, you're out of luck til next time.

Only question I have is - how do the models set up their account?
Pointed a girl to the site, can't see a fucking thing about what she needs to do. Join as a member, but... there must be MORE to this than just that? Where is payment info stuff> Says she can't accept tips, but where hte hell is that set? :D:D My google foo is weak as I couldn't see anything whatsoever that helps - so how the heck is she going to find it :D

Reactions: jackie_O
Zoomer said:
Pointed a girl to the site, can't see a fucking thing about what she needs to do. Join as a member, but... there must be MORE to this than just that? Where is payment info stuff> Says she can't accept tips, but where hte hell is that set? :D:D My google foo is weak as I couldn't see anything whatsoever that helps - so how the heck is she going to find it :D

Yeah, its super simple to do, but with no clear instructions, its confusing.

So yes, first she signs up with a member account. As it is now, if she clicks on broadcast she can cam but not earn tokens. She needs to click on "my profile" up in the top right hand corner. The click on "Token Stats" (Yeah, I dunno why either.) Inside there is "Model Verification" and "Payment Information."

In there she can submit her performer agreement and ID, and then set up her payment options. The process is super smooth and easy, they just need a little direction as it isn't very user friendly figuring it out.

Reactions: Zoomer
Zoomer said:

ocMRJ.jpg

Reactions: Zoomer
Thank isn't working for me, something about can't thank announcements. But thanks both :) Most sites have a "model signup" and whilst it was work-out-able that everyone on this site could be a performer, i couldn't see what the next step to take was - and couldn't find anything in their gumph either. Didn't bother exploring the actual profiles etc :D

Have passed it on, so thank you for the clear instructions :)

I have been on CB a while now and like it mostly. The retard greys get to me sometimes, but i get modded in most rooms i visit :D the biggest issue i have come across is models not knowing about the clone sites, and the fact that these clone sites post pics of the models.
The biggest plus to me is no camscore BS, it causes way too much drama and stress IMHO.

skiphop90 said:
JoleneJolene said:

It takes quite a number of people to report it as a recording (they report in the chatroom) and then that cam will show with a tag "RECORDING" on the homepage. I've seen this tag be cleared many times as false reports, and it takes a long time for more than a few people to report it as such.

The only way I can think of it happening would be if she were ignoring the room completely for a long period of time.

As far as improvements go, I don't know if this would ever be taken into consideration, but the ability to assign an admin, as well as the current moderators would be handy. An admin would be able to ban as well as silence.

Secondly, being able to pre-emptively ban members via name instead of having to wait for them to come into your chatroom AND say something first. If they leave before you can get to the userlist, you're out of luck til next time.
:lol: All you just did is prove my 90%, retarded goat theory!

JoleneJolene said:
skiphop90 said:
JoleneJolene said:

Hows that?

skiphop90 said:
JoleneJolene said:
skiphop90 said:
JoleneJolene said:

Hows that?

Attachments

• 4118086415_b06f56014e.jpg
    4118086415_b06f56014e.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 123
JoleneJolene said:
skiphop90 said:
JoleneJolene said:
skiphop90 said:
JoleneJolene said:

Hows that?

Ah, well that answers my question I guess...

Reactions: JoleneBrody
eddielaw1971 said:
I have been on CB a while now and like it mostly. The retard greys get to me sometimes, but i get modded in most rooms i visit :D the biggest issue i have come across is models not knowing about the clone sites, and the fact that these clone sites post pics of the models.
The biggest plus to me is no camscore BS, it causes way too much drama and stress IMHO.

What i've noticed is a search in googleimages for chaturbate +modelsroomname gets loads of hits and many of the images are recent and the image source is directly linked to images which seem to be automatically made and stored in folder for that models room on chaturbate itself.

If chaturbate automatically makes live updated thumbnails of each models in a folder associated to them then they need to BLOCK the folder being scanned by googles bots. A big privacy issue in my opinion. I don't see MFC automatically dumping images of models thumbnails into google.
:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: SoTxBob
nzhere said:
eddielaw1971 said:

What i've noticed is a search in googleimages for chaturbate +modelsroomname gets loads of hits and many of the images are recent and the image source is directly linked to images which seem to be automatically made and stored in folder for that models room on chaturbate itself.

If chaturbate automatically makes live updated thumbnails of each models in a folder associated to them then they need to BLOCK the folder being scanned by googles bots. A big privacy issue in my opinion. I don't see MFC automatically dumping images of models thumbnails into google.

Really? never knew that, thanks for sharing that info with us :) I would feel better with that blocked too, I hope they read this and find a way to change the permissions

nzhere said:
eddielaw1971 said:

The model can turn that off in their profile by opting out of appearing on Network Sites. Also, if the person already knows their screen/roomname, I'd consider their privacy already compromised...

Status
Not open for further replies.