AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate.com Improvements!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MyDesertRose said:
Wow...

Chaturbate Bans me. No notification. I e-mail asking what happened. No reply. Now, out of the blue (but of course, still no notification) I am unbanned but have lost over 1000 followers. :think:

Conclusion: someone needs to ban chaturbate's admins from being stupidheads.

You actually gain and lose followers all the time for no reason. 1,000 though I have to assume some thought you were gone forever...

Reactions: LadyLuna
During the bans, the follows automatically start dropping off handfuls at a time. Some people lose hundreds over a few minutes, some lose hundreds over a few hours, we lost 4 thousand over 3 days. Dunno why or how that happens like that, but it's better than all of them dropping off at once.

I just logged into Chaturbate to see how things are and...
I was having serious connection issues. It let me log on at first and then when selecting the quality and all that jazz I could see that my cam was sooooo laggy. I know it's not me because I simply do not have that problem when I'm on ANY other site. Chaturbate needs to get rid of the non paid performers, desperately.

ScarlettLeigh said:
I just logged into Chaturbate to see how things are and...
I was having serious connection issues. It let me log on at first and then when selecting the quality and all that jazz I could see that my cam was sooooo laggy. I know it's not me because I simply do not have that problem when I'm on ANY other site. Chaturbate needs to get rid of the non paid performers, desperately.

agreed! my connection is beyond 'decent' and chaturbate is the only site that reconizes it as 'low'
the amount of begging and freeloading is huuuge
people don't read ANYTHING
it's sooo annoying!

also... they should stfu about the dating sites... it's gonna give you 'more visitors' when you're signed up for one... huh how does that happen????

Reactions: ScarlettLeigh
Teagan_Chase said:
MyDesertRose said:
Wow...

Chaturbate Bans me. No notification. I e-mail asking what happened. No reply. Now, out of the blue (but of course, still no notification) I am unbanned but have lost over 1000 followers. :think:

Conclusion: someone needs to ban chaturbate's admins from being stupidheads.

You actually gain and lose followers all the time for no reason. 1,000 though I have to assume some thought you were gone forever...
Yes my followers have always fluctuated but never more than 5 or so unfollow me in a day. With this I was left wondering wtf every time I refreshed my page, 50 were gone.

they finally unbanned me after some of my followers email support. by some sort of magic. it is obvious they just want to make money. their excuse was that i had to get age verified blah blah. i was starting to get a huge following and thats when they banned me. i had returned because i wanted to stay exhibitionist but it's like they practically have coherced me into working for them. ahhhh sigh i don't know if to leave the site all together. at the beggining it was all good fun and checks came in without problems. but after that 5 month waiting for one check i'm seriously disheartened. i also think they do this to most non US girls and think they can get away with it. because i have not heard any american girls complain about payment issues.

dogbone said:
I just wish they had a system where you could email the model

Absolutely. It's very frustrating they dont have their own message system yet. It would be so easy to do.

Teagan_Chase said:
dogbone said:
I just wish they had a system where you could email the model

Absolutely. It's very frustrating they dont have their own message system yet. It would be so easy to do.

This! It is SO VITAL to be able to contact a member when they are offline/for them to contact you back, on occasion. : /

I was considering joining this site for when MFC was slow, but after reading a lot of posts in this thread I think I may pass. Seems like you would be on thin ice all the time with all these banning sprees im hearing about, no security in the job really. Aside from the way models seem to be treated it looks like a pretty good site. I like the fact the your topics get counted and the high tipper has his name up, cool features. Maybe if things change ile have a look back again

So does anyone have any ideas for sites to work on that aren't MFC or Cb?? Like sites for girls and couples???? I don't like this virtual studio thing thats going around atm, you know where they sign you up with a broadcasting programme and broadcast your cam on several sites at once but don't tell you which ones, and rape you in the ass with their t&cs, like they literally own you!!!
But i CANNOT find any good sites to work with, I DON'T want my prvt sessions recorded, i DONT want the site to have ownership of my posted material and i want to control where i work! Why has this gotten so hard recently????

Help appreciated :)

xoxoxoxo

sexyteenlayla said:
But i CANNOT find any good sites to work with, I DON'T want my prvt sessions recorded, i DONT want the site to have ownership of my posted material and i want to control where i work! Why has this gotten so hard recently????

I cannot be sure, but I think most large established sites do those things.

sexyteenlayla said:
So does anyone have any ideas for sites to work on that aren't MFC or Cb?? Like sites for girls and couples???? I don't like this virtual studio thing thats going around atm, you know where they sign you up with a broadcasting programme and broadcast your cam on several sites at once but don't tell you which ones, and rape you in the ass with their t&cs, like they literally own you!!!

Help appreciated :)

xoxoxoxo

Basically any major site you're on is going to do one of those things. So you have to pick and choose your battles.

MFC: They own your ass. All content you broadcast on their site is theirs to use as they wish. However they just don't use it. But they could at any time of course. You do sign away your rights with them. They do record privates for members to watch later. Payout is 50% Women only.
Streamate: Again they own your ass. They do sign you up with every site they have and don't tell you what they are. A google search will pop your name up to see them though. Geoblocking does nothing to keep you from being a pop up or in ads they run. I've been in a few that were Gold Shows and have been busted by friends seeing me diddle myself for what was supposed to be a paid private show they now have to advertise the site. They don't care and when i contacted them basically got told it brings in traffic so i should be happy with it. Ugh. They also record your shows and post videos for sale of you without your knowledge, and unviewable by you, and charge members to see it and you don't get a dime. It's on your profile but viewable only to members. Pay out is also only 35%. They don't record shows for members to watch later though. Couples welcome however.
CB: Didnt use to own you however now they do. They record your privates for members to watch later but you can click not to. Payout is 50%. You will be in pop up ads every where they have them and some are ridiculous places like dating sites. Geoblocking does nothing ever to stop this. There have been random banning sprees for just little reasons and take days to get fixed if ever for some, with no explanations as to why at times. Not to mention randomly getting disconnected at times too. Couples welcome too.

JessiJayde said:
During the bans, the follows automatically start dropping off handfuls at a time. Some people lose hundreds over a few minutes, some lose hundreds over a few hours, we lost 4 thousand over 3 days. Dunno why or how that happens like that, but it's better than all of them dropping off at once.

It happens because members go to the "Followed" tab, and check out their favourites. You can click on their name, and see when they were last online (so whether you missed them). If it says "Room banned" (or something similar) then what's the point in following it? You un-follow... and I imagine it's what most members do.

I unfollowed two models from this... before I stopped wasting my time with Chaturbate and it's myriad of problems. It is not an enjoyable site to frequent. It feels like being part of a cheap meat market instead of an entertainment site you want to participate in - and then it keeps on breaking, models keep getting banned.

Chaturbate is hard work to be a member of and it really should not be. Between model bannings, lack of site responsiveness and the general douchbaggery of members/mods and zero response from "support" it is an awful site (in my members point of view).

Welp, now I'm really confused. I just received an email from Chaturbate stating that my new account is ready and just needs to be verified. :think: I've been a model there for roughly a year. I just checked my normal Chaturbate account and nothing seems weird. :think:

Welp, now I'm really confused. I just received an email from Chaturbate stating that my new account is ready and just needs to be verified. :think: I've been a model there for roughly a year. I just checked my normal Chaturbate account and nothing seems weird. :think:

ScarlettLeigh said:

I got the exact same thing. I didnt click anywhere in the email though cause it just seemed ... off to me to get that. I need to contact Shirley when i get a chance and forward it to her. I figure it's some sort of scam fake email from someone, but then wondered how they got everyone's addy to do that....

Reactions: ScarlettLeigh
Teagan_Chase said:
ScarlettLeigh said:

I got the exact same thing. I didnt click anywhere in the email though cause it just seemed ... off to me to get that. I need to contact Shirley when i get a chance and forward it to her. I figure it's some sort of scam fake email from someone, but then wondered how they got everyone's addy to do that....

It's a new thing, email verification. read the CB blog.

http://blog.chaturbate.com/

eddielaw1971 said:
Teagan_Chase said:
ScarlettLeigh said:

It's a new thing, email verification. read the CB blog.

http://blog.chaturbate.com/
If they're legitimately trying to verify e-mails then they should simply say so! Their lack of professionalism is just mind boggling.

As for it potentially being a scam, I'm no tech head so please correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's a duplicate phishing site it would not have "Chaturbate.com" in the URL. The scammer would buy a domain name that was slightly different, like "chaturbates.com".

MyDesertRose said:
As for it potentially being a scam, I'm no tech head so please correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's a duplicate phishing site it would not have "Chaturbate.com" in the URL. The scammer would buy a domain name that was slightly different, like "chaturbates.com".

Yes, they could - and trust you don't pay enough attention to detail :p Can do the same with domains having lower case L in it by using upper case i to help fool - and other little tricks.
They could also have a domain called (for example) modelpage.org or something...

And then create a subdomain called com

giving com.modelpage.org

Then go one further and creating a sub-subdomain. Called Chaturbate.

Giving chaturbate.com.modelpage.org

It should be bloody obvious, but if you really aren't paying attention and have html formatting, a cursory glance will show "chaturbate.com". Now obviously the rest should jump out like a sore thumb (meaning chaturbates.com would be far better attempt to scam), but... its amazing how easy it is to miss something when not concentrating/paying attention! (see below link example - as simply hovering over it would appear to show chaturbate.com within the url and perhaps you'd just naively click without continuing to read it :p).
http://chaturbate.com/modelpage/org

How can I tell if I'm banned or having other issues?

I used to broadcast and view cams quite a bit. I have followers and was verified.

Now, for the past few days, I can't use the site from my usual computer. When I try to view a cam, the video never connects - hangs at "Connecting". And in the chat portion, I can't see how many users are in a room, and the chat keeps saying:

Code:
connecting

unable to connect

trying to reconnect

Over and over. Never had this issue before.

Weirdest part is the site works fine on another computer in my home.

Any ideas? I contacted support yesterday, still waiting on an answer. Could this be a ban?

dukesilver said:

I used to broadcast and view cams quite a bit. I have followers and was verified.

Now, for the past few days, I can't use the site from my usual computer. When I try to view a cam, the video never connects - hangs at "Connecting". And in the chat portion, I can't see how many users are in a room, and the chat keeps saying:

Code:
connecting

unable to connect

trying to reconnect

Any ideas? I contacted support yesterday, still waiting on an answer. Could this be a ban?
Doesn't sound like a ban. When you're banned you can still broadcast, you just get no viewersin your room. And don't hold your breath for a reply from support, they're extremely unprofessional.

Anyone know what the original poster's affiliation with the site is? I'm very interested by the fact they haven't had anything to say regarding these issues.

MyDesertRose said:
dukesilver said:

Code:
connecting

unable to connect

trying to reconnect

Doesn't sound like a ban. When you're banned you can still broadcast, you just get no viewersin your room. And don't hold your breath for a reply from support, they're extremely unprofessional.

Anyone know what the original poster's affiliation with the site is? I'm very interested by the fact they haven't had anything to say regarding these issues.

Thats Shirley. She runs the twitter too. She does all things basically there, and who we have contact with regarding issues sonce support email go nowhere. She usually will reply though when she gets time, but gets swamped since she's the only one.

Teagan_Chase said:
MyDesertRose said:
dukesilver said:

Code:
connecting

unable to connect

trying to reconnect

Thats Shirley. She runs the twitter too. She does all things basically there, and who we have contact with regarding issues sonce support email go nowhere. She usually will reply though when she gets time, but gets swamped since she's the only one.
This is going to sound bitchy... But even after all of the bandwidth costs, advertising, and what not, it's safe to say that Charurbate is not losing money. So why can't they hire a few extra hands for ten bucks an hour to form a support team that's actually halfway decent? A one-man (or woman) support team is a joke and honestly I find it a bit offensive. Chaturbate takes a 40 percent cut, claims ownership of all of your photos and videos and does not hesitate to use them without any notification, and then they randomly ban people for no reason. When I was banned for three days they didn't even let me know I was banned. I could still broadcast, but was left wondering why I had no viewers. I lost over half of my followers, too. My e-mail to support asking if I had been banned and what the reasoning behind it may be was ignored and still has not gotten a reply.

What makes it suck even more is that Chaturbate has a TON of features that I love, particularly the fact that it doesn't screw new models over like myfreecams. It's just their utter disreguard for the "support" in "customer/model support" that makes me want to kick someone.

Maybe I'm a narcissist or arrogant bitch, but I expect to have some sense of job security or at least the courtesy from my employer to let me know that I've been banned and why. Apparently that's too much to ask for from a company that's got as much revenue as Chaturbate.

There is a rumour going round that the support team has doubled in size the last week or so, but IDK.
The big problem right now is that models from romania are getting banned, not getting bans lifted and CB are not accepting new models from romania. Also they have stopped wiring money to romania, all RO models have had to change payment method. It's now 7 days after end of pay period and some models haven't got their money yet.

Shirley, if you read this, CB is gonna lose a lot of models and even more member unless you get stuff sorted out.
I know i am not gonna buy tokens to tip a model if i think she is gonna have her money withheld.

eddielaw1971 said:
There is a rumour going round that the support team has doubled in size the last week or so, but IDK.
The big problem right now is that models from romania are getting banned, not getting bans lifted and CB are not accepting new models from romania. Also they have stopped wiring money to romania, all RO models have had to change payment method. It's now 7 days after end of pay period and some models haven't got their money yet.

Shirley, if you read this, CB is gonna lose a lot of models and even more member unless you get stuff sorted out.
I know i am not gonna buy tokens to tip a model if i think she is gonna have her money withheld.

Its not just Romanian models who havent been paid. I havent either yet from the 15th still.

Teagan_Chase said:
eddielaw1971 said:

Its not just Romanian models who havent been paid. I havent either yet from the 15th still.
Same here. Are they running into financial trouble and they just don't want to say? Yesterday I saw 2 "russian"(I think they were Romanian)models exchanging urine and feces live on cam. So I tweet about it with a cap of the peeing and report the cam on the site. Guess what? They are still active on the site!! Maybe this means I can just take my cam with me to the bathroom and show it on cam without getting into trouble. Not that I really would, but what the hell happened to the good old days? The site is getting to be worse daily. It won't be long until they are obsolete. Models are tired of being fucked around and there is no reason why payment should have been delayed this long. I have bills to pay. It's pathetic.

Reactions: eddielaw1971
eddielaw1971 said:
So now there's two people working the entire site support? Oh, now we're just golden! I suppose all of our worrying's done and we can sleep at night knowing we won't be banned mid stream for not having done anything wrong ever again. Oh lawdy what a happy day!

MercedesLynn said:
Teagan_Chase said:
eddielaw1971 said:

Same here. Are they running into financial trouble and they just don't want to say? Yesterday I saw 2 "russian"(I think they were Romanian)models exchanging urine and feces live on cam. So I tweet about it with a cap of the peeing and report the cam on the site. Guess what? They are still active on the site!! Maybe this means I can just take my cam with me to the bathroom and show it on cam without getting into trouble. Not that I really would, but what the hell happened to the good old days? The site is getting to be worse daily. It won't be long until they are obsolete. Models are tired of being fucked around and there is no reason why payment should have been delayed this long. I have bills to pay. It's pathetic.
No. Oh god no, please please no. I cannot have a delay in payment... I budgeted my checking account with literally about fifteen dollars leeway trying to assume I'll receive my check for Feb 1st-15th by March 5th. It just does not take that long to send a letter, no reason a paycheck should be different. Is this happening a lot? If they have an issue with this I'm jumping ship. You can randomly and without reason ban me from my most important source of income without a common courtesy notice. You can record all of my streamed videos, claim ownership of all my photos, and exercise your "right" to use them as thoroughly as humanly possible. But if you're going to withhold my payment or delay it AND do all of the above, you might as well own me.

This was my first pay period with Chaturbate and I will be perfectly honest; my employers suck. Somewhere there's a greedy little man with beady eyes raking in millions off of our bumping and grinding and dildoing who's just pulling the cash in and coddling it in his arms like Golem with the infamous ring while we wait with growing anxiety wondering, "Is today the day I'm a part of their banning spree to out everyone who isn't breaking the rules? Will I finally get my check that was supposedly lost in the mail six weeks ago?" If my check is late or if there is a single nickel withheld from my check, I'm out. And I will not be shy in telling as many people as I can about what scumbags these Chaturbate guys are.

Sorry for the rant, but yeesh! You'd think the guys running this site were Russian pimp bosses! That's how they treat us. "You vork for us and we'z no kills your family this week. You need foods and formula for zee baby? Go vork your street corner for some cash."

Edit: Eddie my first comment was in no way directed towards you.

Lol Rose i dont think Eddie will take it as an insult against him, but as you intended it. A joke out of sheer frustration. The only other support I know about besides Shirley is someone named Chad who responded to a support email and that was probably about a year ago and the last contact I had with them. Or reply i should say. Also I know they have an accountant who does the payouts. Or at least that's what Shirley told me.

Mercedes I guess pee is allowed on the site. Poo im pretty sure is banned outright but i'd have to look at the TOS again to see if it actually mentions it. They are very lax with them so i dont know. I wouldnt have taken issue with it either and glazed over that since it just didnt apply to me lol. I'm pretty sure "exchanging pee" would not be allowed though. But just like peeing is... I don't get it.
But a few days ago I did see an very BSDM show. Like extreme. Which is outright against rules. Banned? Nope. The performers said they even talked with support who came into the room and had to tone some things down but apparently were okay after that. It made no sense to me. This was hardcore and in public to boot. Personally I have no issues with it as long as every one is willing, but rules are rules. And if you're gonna ban for ridiculous things that aren't even in your TOS then you better ban for ones that are!

I also need to check later today and find exactly where they state the 7 days after pay period ends and make sure it doesn't say business days now all of a sudden. Cause the 15th was a Friday. The weekend wouldn't count, then a Holiday, which means no checks or pay outs sent till the 27th at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.