AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate "Your IP has been blocked." message in chat.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2017
Hi folks. I get his message on chaturbate when I try to type in chat. Any idea what's the deal? Thanks. And I can still log in and all that. Just can't chat.

I have honestly never known this to happen.
Is this in AL rooms, or can you narrow it to specific ones? Perhaps ones all using the same BOT or APP as each other?

It seems weird they would block your IP but not your account and. Usually, if they ban you, you get the ban message when you log in.
It's possible it could be something accidental on their part.

Some - possibly - obvious things to try whilst you await a reply from CB officially:

1) Have you tried incognito mode on your browser?
2) Have you tried using a different IP via a VPN? (lots of free ones - setupVPN is a free extension)
3) Have you installed anything new recently which could be causing the issue?

Upvote 0
Some ISP DHCP address, so if some one else with the same ISP does some thing bad, you end up with good and bad IPs. And it's kind of RNG if you get a good or bad ip. Same thing happens with VPNs.

Upvote 0
Yep tried on edge also. Still get the message "Your IP has been blocked." Get this message in every room. And yep I can still login too. VPN does fix it, but obviously I don't wanna use a vpn cuz of the slow speeds.

Upvote 0
Happened to me a few times as well when I forgot to switch off my VPN when on CB.
The moment I shut the VPN off, I was able to talk again.
Although, I have heard many others having the same issue as you did @angryoldllama . Being randomly blocked and not on a VPN.

@punker barbie will this be ongoing with the random IP blocks? Will we have to keep contacting support to be unblocked?

Upvote 0
Happened to me a few times as well when I forgot to switch off my VPN when on CB.
Although, I have heard many others having the same issue as you did @angryoldllama . Being randomly blocked and not on a VPN.

@punker barbie will this be ongoing with the random IP blocks? Will we have to keep contacting support to be unblocked?

If a broadcaster has blocked a specific region or state and your VPN happens to pull an IP that is under the blocked area you may receive this message. For further troubleshooting you can write in with a screenshot of the error message and the QA team will lookin into this further for you.

• Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0

I have received more information from the technical team regarding the "Your IP has been blocked" message that you received. Unfortunately, this means that someone with a shared IP one point may have been flagged by our team for spamming on the site. I am glad to hear that this has been fixed already and if for some reason it does happen again please feel free to write in and the support team should be able to fix it fairly quickly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.