AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Choosing a model name

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking a lot about changing names, but in my personal opinion (and having watched different models succeed/struggle over the years..) I would highly recommend putting a lot of thought into your name so that you don't later change it completely. Changing part of it...totally fine, and understandable if you have a limited time fetish going on. But other than that...

There are SO many girls on the internet doing this. I'm pretty active in the camming community and I know sometimes my head spins from all the different names and girls. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle. Your reputation and brand is very important. I have seen name overhauls backfire time and time again.

You want your name to be more than just a name. For example, when I say Sophia Locke, it's not just about a very sweet girl with a high pain tolerance. It's about jenga, the cam mansion, an incredibly unique style of camming. When you think of Amber Cutie, it's not just Amber, but the empire she's created. IMO that is the key to a successful name/brand. When people see "Veronica Chaos", I don't want them to just think of me, I want them to think about the world I created, I want them to wonder about the future of this world. My case is slightly different because I plan on using my name as my performer/stage name for my entire life in different creative endeavors, but the concept is still the same. My name works on several levels: It's a "real" sounding name (people know me as Veronica), it allowed people to give me a cute nickname that is also recognizable (VC) and it also describes my show/world (which is really chaotic). It allows me to experiment with my style, since "Chaos" is pretty vague, but distinct enough that it has worked with the different weird camming styles I've tried out. I think, if you want longevity in this job, it's important to give yourself a name that is flexible enough for those changes because so much of camming is adaptation.

I would highly encourage girls to choose at least a "real" sounding first name. It humanizes you and allows your fans to connect more easily. Part of our jobs is to make that connection for them as easy as possible.

I really love this post and completely agree! I do like the real name idea and philosophy behind it but I ultimately decided against it for a specific reason. I selected the name "Miqote" (which is a race, actually) from a video game (I am that race in the video game) to help attract like-minded gamers into my room. It was also unique enough so I didn't have to do something silly like put underscores _ or x's or anything else to make it unique. So, if you don't like the idea of using a "real" name, I'd suggest picking something that directly relates to your hobbies/passions that you are willing to share on cam and even make a focus. In fact, if that hobby is going to be a strong focus in your room, it might even be better to have that in your name so people know immediately what you're about. I have gotten TONS of gamer traffic from my name which has worked perfectly for me.

I agree that it would be best to not change your name unless there is a *really* good reason to do so. In my case, it would be only if the game updated. For instance, Miqote is the new name in the most updated game from the previous race in the previous game which was "Mithra". Final Fantasy references, for those who have any clue what in the world I'm talking about, haha.

Reactions: Danixoxo
I was trying to think up something that discloses something about my personality but doesn't give away too much personal information away. I have been known to come across as cute and sweet but I wanted something sexy too so I chose Honey Suckle. It can be a flower , it can be sweet and the word suckle can come across sexy and seductive .. it worked for me.

I just like the way my name rolls off the tongue. I also love playing around with gender roles, so a traditionally male name fits. But I prefer to be called Loca over David.
Loca sounds cute, is Spanish (I'm Mexican), and I'm a lil on the crazy side.
I used to go by Princess Loca, but it just didn't sound as approachable.
But from what I've seen on here, name changes are pretty common, and understandably so. Who knew naming yourself could be so tricky?

I also like real sounding names as well... All my camnames, including my cam model "real stage name" which I say isn't my real name, has come from books that I fancy :)

Alas, I am a bad camgirl.

I put zero thought into my name. I had most recently been "Lori" at a brothel I'd worked in several years prior and just stuck with that since I was used to it. For a last name, I wanted something short and easy. I don't even remember where "Ames" came from, if anywhere.

I sometimes think about changing to a name with a little more personality, but at this point, I have a presence on several camsites, a website, an online store, and it's not important enough to me to go through making all the changes just to feel more exotic, interesting, or entertaining.

My cam vibe is pretty low-key and naughty-milf-next-doorish, so I don't know that a name is as important for me as someone with a more defined or artistic niche.

Edited to say I went into camming thinking it would be short-term work to make some money. I had no idea I'd love it so much and want to do it as long as I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.