AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Clarification on the current ManyVids situation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey
Chaturbate Username
Shapman88
If you aren't already aware, ManyVids is now offering a platform for camming the same way that Chaturbate does. Here is their release text:

It's Official!

The MV Team is thrilled to present one of our biggest, most ambitious projects yet - introducing MV Live!

That's right MV Stars - starting July 31st, you will be able to start camming whenever you’d like, for as long as you’d like, right here on ManyVids! Just like any cam site, you’ll be able to log on when you’re ready and have fun in your very own cam room!

Earlier this year, we launched the MV Takeover in which one MV Star at a time had a 3-hour window to do a live show & the feedback was absolutely amazing. We were overjoyed to see so many of you experience fun & successful shows. We have no doubt that MV Live will be an even greater adventure!

We were so happy to share this innovative, new live camming feature with you, that we decided to make camming history - MV Live Beta will offer the highest payout percentage there is until the end of August! Yes - you read that right! MV will be giving back 60% payout (6 cents per token) to all our MV Stars who wish to cam on ManyVids!

MV Live is everything you ever wanted in an interactive cam room. With so many great integrations, you will be able to easily sell your vids, store items, custom vids & more directly from your room! Members will also have the option to send fun animations with their tips, and our goal counter will help you reach goals easily so you can focus on your show!

We are also very excited to announce that we will be giving $10,000 in cash prizes every month to MV Live Top Earners. There will be prizes for all categories of MV Stars (MV Girls, MV Producers, MV Trans & MV Boys) and you will be able to check the current ranks by visiting:

Contests > MV Live Top Earners

And of course, as with any of our new feature launches, we welcome your feedback and suggestions. We promise to make sure we constantly improve and evolve to ensure MV Live becomes the camming platform you've always dreamed of!

We can't wait to see you go LIVE and take advantage of everything our cam rooms have to offer!

It’s your time to shine!

- MV Team
https://www.manyvids.com/Article/3754/MV-Live/

With them now becoming a direct competitor to Chaturbate by making this move, what is Chaturbate's official stance on allowing links to and promotion of a model's ManyVids page moving forward? I would like to try to clear things up before any confusion and misinformation can arise--because I'm sure we can all agree that it eventually will.

Thanks in advance Shirley !

Just going to tag the necessary people over here... @punker barbie and @roydz

Reactions: CurvyJ
Shapman, you gotta be cool under fire, business is business.
They tested the waters months ago, and got their links removed from another site. Unlike what I’ve been through, people saw this one coming from miles away. I’m starting to sound like those two old Muppets from the balcony now :)

Upvote 0
I never understood if you are a CB rep, or a moderator, I’m gonna have to ping you for an explanation one of these days.
What I do believe is that MV are gonna start an affiliate plan soon, not sure if it’s going to be under MV, or under a separate brand (Like Imlive-Pussycash, Jasmin-AWE).
You see, I was never much of a coder but I do know a thing or to about roll outs , traffic, affiliates, and supervised mayhem :)
Espresso anyone? I could use one right now.

Upvote 0
Haha, I'm not affilliated in any way with CB, but ive been around helping people long enough that, even in person on occasion, I get confused for working for/with them. As with @roydz, we just do whatever we can to help keep the best information circulated to the people that want to know.

Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
I see this trend is going to further sour relations between service sites and the camsites. I wonder how manyvid's decision will affects sites like clips2sale which hasn't made this move but sites might 'non grata' c2s links in advance not to help build more potential competition in the future.

Actually this made me theorycraft more. What if the interactive market made the same moves what would happen. Imagine if lovense built a cam service, would all the site stop the use of lovense toys?

Upvote 0
The reason shap is asking is that on CB you're not allowed to mention MFC, Cam4 or any other site or even link to them, so could this be the same for when MVLive is launched.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
The reason shap is asking is that on CB you're not allowed to mention MFC, Cam4 or any other site or even link to them, so could this be the same for when MVLive is launched.
I'm gonna assume CB goes the way that MFC did as soon as MV launched their live video takeovers. No mention of the site should be allowed.

Upvote 0
Yep, but what some models are concerned about is mentioning or even linking to Manyvids.
That's what I'm saying. Mentioning it or linking to it should not be allowed.

Upvote 0
I see this trend is going to further sour relations between service sites and the camsites. I wonder how manyvid's decision will affects sites like clips2sale which hasn't made this move but sites might 'non grata' c2s links in advance not to help build more potential competition in the future.

Actually this made me theorycraft more. What if the interactive market made the same moves what would happen. Imagine if lovense built a cam service, would all the site stop the use of lovense toys?
Do think that this situation will lead to CB having an answer to MFC Share?

Upvote 0

Well I'm not running CB but I would assume manyvid actions might have injected some paranoia into the ecosystem. Also considering most new sites are coming with video hosting standard and SM repurposed their old video system for clip hosting I don't see why CB would fall behind. This is among the list of future hurdles I feel CB will have to deal with sometime soon.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
CB should have been looking into their answer to MFCshare for a long time now. I feel like they've been too focused on copyright/rules violations and other stuff instead of getting caught up on the current status quo.

Upvote 0
If you aren't already aware, ManyVids is now offering a platform for camming the same way that Chaturbate does. Here is their release text:

It's Official!

The MV Team is thrilled to present one of our biggest, most ambitious projects yet - introducing MV Live!

That's right MV Stars - starting July 31st, you will be able to start camming whenever you’d like, for as long as you’d like, right here on ManyVids! Just like any cam site, you’ll be able to log on when you’re ready and have fun in your very own cam room!

Earlier this year, we launched the MV Takeover in which one MV Star at a time had a 3-hour window to do a live show & the feedback was absolutely amazing. We were overjoyed to see so many of you experience fun & successful shows. We have no doubt that MV Live will be an even greater adventure!

We were so happy to share this innovative, new live camming feature with you, that we decided to make camming history - MV Live Beta will offer the highest payout percentage there is until the end of August! Yes - you read that right! MV will be giving back 60% payout (6 cents per token) to all our MV Stars who wish to cam on ManyVids!

MV Live is everything you ever wanted in an interactive cam room. With so many great integrations, you will be able to easily sell your vids, store items, custom vids & more directly from your room! Members will also have the option to send fun animations with their tips, and our goal counter will help you reach goals easily so you can focus on your show!

We are also very excited to announce that we will be giving $10,000 in cash prizes every month to MV Live Top Earners. There will be prizes for all categories of MV Stars (MV Girls, MV Producers, MV Trans & MV Boys) and you will be able to check the current ranks by visiting:

Contests > MV Live Top Earners

And of course, as with any of our new feature launches, we welcome your feedback and suggestions. We promise to make sure we constantly improve and evolve to ensure MV Live becomes the camming platform you've always dreamed of!

We can't wait to see you go LIVE and take advantage of everything our cam rooms have to offer!

It’s your time to shine!

- MV Team
https://www.manyvids.com/Article/3754/MV-Live/

With them now becoming a direct competitor to Chaturbate by making this move, what is Chaturbate's official stance on allowing links to and promotion of a model's ManyVids page moving forward? I would like to try to clear things up before any confusion and misinformation can arise--because I'm sure we can all agree that it eventually will.

Thanks in advance Shirley !

Just going to tag the necessary people over here... @punker barbie and @roydz

Chaturbate is unique in that our terms do not prohibit users from providing links on Chaturbate to third party sites, except to competitive cam sites. The site you asked about has announced they plan on becoming a cam site on 7/31. Therefore, per our policies links on Chaturbate to this other site will not be permitted. If you would like our help editing your bio, support@chaturbate.com will be happy to help you.

Upvote 0
Chaturbate is unique in that our terms do not prohibit users from providing links on Chaturbate to third party sites, except to competitive cam sites. The site you asked about has announced they plan on becoming a cam site on 7/31. Therefore, per our policies links on Chaturbate to this other site will not be permitted. If you would like our help editing your bio, support@chaturbate.com will be happy to help you.
So does this mean that every bio that has a link or mention of manyvids will need to be removed from CB?

Reactions: PeepshowPrincess
Upvote 0

In theory? Eh, I think they're dipping their toes in the water with Tube. I haven't looked at it closely but at first glance it just looks like a clip advertising page. When their devs can make changes without accidentally freezing model placements or arbitrarily turning tip noises off I'll be more hopeful for something like cbshare. But until then, I'm extremely doubtful they have devs with the skill to make something on the same level as share. Just my two cents. I'd love to be wrong on this one.

Reactions: shapman88
Upvote 0
So does this mean that every bio that has a link or mention of manyvids will need to be removed from CB?

I just checked out 7 different rooms on CB, all of the MV links have been taken down by CB already (I mean the icons are still there but links to nothing) so you have your answer.

Reactions: shapman88
Upvote 0
I just checked out 7 different rooms on CB, all of the MV links have been taken down by CB already (I mean the icons are still there but links to nothing) so you have your answer.
From what I've learned, support may be doing one thing and the official answer may not be the same as sometimes the two sides don't talk to each other. So that doesn't exactly constitute an answer just yet.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ned_Fusco
Upvote 0
@shapman88 There comes a time in life young grasshopper, when you have to bring your own traffic, without piggy backing the others :)
I totally agree, but what you have to understand is that lack of a clear answer is going to breed panic and confusion.

It appears that CB removed any links to anything connected to ManyVids last night. When people wake up and start to see this and have no idea that it was done, there is going to be a lot of people looking for an answer as to why. And since a lot of people will reach out to @roydz and myself since we have been able to help clarify similar situations in the past, we would like to know what we are supposed to be telling people.

It is not a hard question to answer. Moving forward, are models allowed to link AT ALL to their ManyVids accounts? Yes or No?

Upvote 0
As long as no broadcaster is banned, I don’t see any issue. A clear answer will be provided later for sure, however I humbly wish to express the following:
It should be MV’s concerns with regards to where models, creators, and producers should post their link. At the meantime Chaturbate can focus on Chaturbate, and their broadcasters.
P.S, I’m no one’s messenger, so feel free to scratch everything I said.

Upvote 0
As long as no broadcaster is banned, I don’t see any issue. A clear answer will be provided later for sure, however I humbly wish to express the following:
It should be MV’s concerns with regards to where models, creators, and producers should post their link. At the meantime Chaturbate can focus on Chaturbate, and their broadcasters.

You have to try to think of it from a broadcaster's perspective. They are using that link to supplement their income while on cam. If that link is severed and they need to find another way of giving people a way to jump to the other site to continue to make a living, then they deserve to know about it immediately, not later down the road after they see a drop in revenue.

I can see how you are looking at it from a purely business standpoint, but looking at it that way is how most companies have failed to quell the fears that a lot of people have about lost money and inability to survive on their wages.

The best way to think about it to try to understand is if you were working for some company making $20/hour and then one day your paycheck said you were making $10/hour even though nobody told you that you would be getting a pay cut, or why that was necessary. Thats pretty much how people view the lost income due to things like this.

And as Dan said previously, I am nothing more than an advocate, so if any broadcasters want to chime in to give their opinions, please feel free to do so.

Upvote 0

In the past where a model has had a url / offline link in their profile they have ignored the warnings by Chaturbate and they’ve had to be banned until the url’s have been removed.

I do prefer the way the coders have blocked the URLs, but it will still cause upset to models from not being allowed. Though I can understand why Chaturbate have done this.

Upvote 0
Not surprised that links to manyvids are not allowed anymore. I am however slightly surprised that cb missed developments on a clip store of their own. This move from manyvids to becoming a camsite did not come really surprising in the end.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.