AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Coming Back to Unfinished Games

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2016
MFC Username
Yavin4MFC
What's a game you hit a wall in for whatever reason, set down and came back to months or years later, whether successfully or not?

Kind of at that place with Fallout 4. I was gifted the DLC, I was super hyped about the game, bought it at launch, played about 20 hours...and then just stopped. Not entirely sure why it's not clicking, but maybe because I spend hundreds of hours in Fallout 3 and it's just more of the same.

I hit walls with MOST of my games. I used to feel bad about it, but meh.

I agree about Fallout4....I got the whole game for a good price but I just can't get into it.

Fallout 4...4 hours
Fallout New Vegas...99 hours.

Reactions: CharlotteDusk
I usually finish my games the first round then hit a wall in my second play through. I really wanted to finish the Skyrim mod Legacy of the Dragonborn and do a completionist run but it has been about 6 months now. I should get back to it. Maybe this thread will inspire me to complete it!

Is 4 worth getting? I have about 100 hours for each 3 and NV but I have heard 4 isn't very good.. I have been waiting for the price to drop

I was whooped as a kid by The 7th Saga. As an adult last year I beat it with no problem, and was kind of surprised how much easier it was with the ability to use strategies like grinding to be stronger than everything else. In the world of one hit crits it is kill or be killed.
8MqC1o9.jpg

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I usually finish my games the first round then hit a wall in my second play through. I really wanted to finish the Skyrim mod Legacy of the Dragonborn and do a completionist run but it has been about 6 months now. I should get back to it. Maybe this thread will inspire me to complete it!

Is 4 worth getting? I have about 100 hours for each 3 and NV but I have heard 4 isn't very good.. I have been waiting for the price to drop

Fallout 4 story is not that great, they really skipped on the motivation part of the main story. I don't care if my game kid was called Shaun, I had no feelings for a character I knew nothing about.

• Funny!
Reactions: Rosy
I don't finish games. I like big, open worlds that feel like they don't really have an end point. The so-called sandboxes, I guess. I can't even tell you how many hours I've put into each Elder Scrolls and BethSoft Fallout game (except 4, which I haven't played yet.) I've put hundreds of hours into each, and have only completed the stories for Morrowind. I just like to putter around, I guess. There's a reason why the game I have absolutely put the most hours into has been Minecraft. If I feel like there's a story hanging over my head, that I can't ignore, I'll put it down, and not finish it, even after dozens or hundreds of hours. I guess I just don't want to feel like I've experienced it all.
I really should finish Dark Souls. And Mass Effect. And Dragon Age. The Witcher... Batman Arkham series... Kingdoms of Amalur... Borderlands... GTA... Saint's Row...

Reactions: CharlotteDusk
Basically any story based game that is gifted to me or the ones I've purchased (clearly one shots, survival, and sand box based do not count lol). Obviously, if it's a point and click with episode installments I finish that like day of install. I have not finished, Darkness 2, the AC series, Dragon Age, GTA V, Fable, etc. I just don't have the time given how busy my schedule is, sucks. I hope I can get myself a new and personalized pc setup :h:

4 isn't HORRIBLE, its...missing something.

That and I didn't feel like picking up EVERY piece of junk to craft for my settlement(s)

Basically any story based game that is gifted to me or the ones I've purchased (clearly one shots, survival, and sand box based do not count lol). Obviously, if it's a point and click with episode installments I finish that like day of install. I have not finished, Darkness 2, the AC series, Dragon Age, GTA V, Fable, etc. I just don't have the time given how busy my schedule is, sucks. I hope I can get myself a new and personalized pc setup :h:

What I wouldn't give for a proper Fable 4...

Reactions: Gen
I really wish Lionhead Studios didn't have to bring things to a close, but a lot of people were so disappointed with the second game and I'm assuming they figured it'd be a good move for them to be acquired by Microsoft. RIP.

What I wouldn't give for a proper Fable 4...
I really wish Lionhead Studios didn't have to bring things to a close, but a lot of people were so disappointed with the second game and I'm assuming they figured it'd be a good move for them to be acquired by Microsoft. RIP.

I was whooped as a kid by The 7th Saga. As an adult last year I beat it with no problem, and was kind of surprised how much easier it was with the ability to use strategies like grinding to be stronger than everything else. In the world of one hit crits it is kill or be killed.
8MqC1o9.jpg
The reason you remember it being so difficult is from two reasons:
1) The initial US version of this game buffed the AI apprentices up to insane stats per level (the Japanese version had significantly higher stats per level for the player and AI, the US version removed the stat bonus on the human but not the AI). It's called the "Elnard boost"
and
2) The AI apprentices in all versions actually level along with you. So grinding more levels actually just made an already insane buffed AI apprentice waaaaaaay harder.

The good thing is, the first AI apprentice to beat is often reached early enough before he's too strong, and if you're quick enough you only have to fight the first AI apprentice. The second AI apprentice fight only happens if you spent time grinding levels rather then rushing to kill the dragon. If you are slow to killing the dragon, it will tell you another apprentice has taken his rune. Everyone who got stuck in this game (you and I for example!) was because of that. The trap is, they try to grind more and more levels thinking that will help but it actually makes it worse.

As I've mentioned in the "Watcha been playing?" thread, I've recently let the renewed Skyrim hype get me back into the game. Before this weekend, I had never made it farther than meeting Paarthurnax the first time. Something about his long-winded dragonsplainin' speech, followed by Arngeir throwing shade at you for wanting to save the world, pretty much meant that every time I picked up Skyrim, the main quest was left sitting at the top of the Throat of the World.

Not so this time! I'm proud to say I've made it farther into the main quest than I ever have before! I really am keen to get through the main quest this time, so I can spend the rest of my time puttering around Lakeview Manor with a clear conscience.

Reactions: swagger and Gen
*buys Titanfall2, plays two matches
*immediately starts playing Witcher 3 again after not touching it for six months

typical

Final Fantasy X.
I love the game with all my heart. I have several FF tattoos. It's my favourite game of all time.
But I've never beat it.
My save file is currently at the Jecht battle and has been for years. I totally cheated and watched the rest of the game via youtube cutscenes.
No matter how much I grind, or how I strategize, I can't seem to beat him. I think that save file will forever remain incomplete.

;_;

There were a few games I quit back when I had time to keep up with all my favorite series.

- Sonic 2: Embarrassing. I beat Sonic 1, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and the Gamecube games, but I've come back to this game years later and never got past that final giant mech after metal Sonic.
- Ecco: Tides of Time: As a kid, I got stuck at the part where Ecco travels through sky tunnels while evading a giant man-of-war. I think once I looked up a cheat code to skip the sky tunnel and played a bit on the next level. Absolutely beautiful game.
- Final Fantasy VIII: I wasn't at a wall so much as I just lost interest and stopped playing around the end of Disc 1, if I even stuck around that long... I think I preferred the more lighthearted entries in that series, like FFIX.

Then there are the games I really want to finish, like Pokemon Sun and FFVI and Hatoful Boyfriend, but things keep coming up. I enjoy the artistry in video games and really wish I had more time to play them for myself, but I often end up watching other people play while I multitask on other things.

Final Fantasy X

Ooph, that was a game I had to grind a ton to beat. But my friend who grinded a lot mid-game said he felt cheated because all the bosses were suddenly too easy for his over-powered characters. :\

Reactions: swagger
Status
Not open for further replies.