AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Completely seperate camgirl IG

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TICham

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 18, 2016
Is there anyway to seperate your camgirl instagram from your personal one? Whenever I log into my account I keep on seeing recommendations from my personal account and people following me from my personal account.

I guess my point is I want those two accounts totally seperate so I would like to find a way to do so. Thanks!

In order to be completely safe, you would want to two have two separate devices. One for camming and one personal.

You can get an iPod touch, tablet, or use an old smart phone for one account, while using your main device for the other.

I would set both Instagram accounts to not link to Facebook.

Other way is to make your Instagram name and profile description vague and not exactly relate to your camming stuff so people don't think about it if it is suggested to them.

You could also use a web browser to maintain an ig account.

Reactions: Tilly
Private your personal instagram. Don't put a recognizable photo as your profile pic. Do not put your real name in your username.

Reactions: Gen
Is there anyway to seperate your camgirl instagram from your personal one? Whenever I log into my account I keep on seeing recommendations from my personal account

Hell, I don't even have a personal account, just a cam persona one, and I get friend recommendations of people I know on Facebook. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: alexa_voltage
Is there anyway to seperate your camgirl instagram from your personal one? Whenever I log into my account I keep on seeing recommendations from my personal account and people following me from my personal account.

I guess my point is I want those two accounts totally seperate so I would like to find a way to do so. Thanks!

If you have your cam and your private instagram accounts on the same phone or tablet, then no. The reason is permissions. You give Instagram permission to look at all your accounts, contacts, and identity on your phone. So even if you have two Instagram accounts, as soon as you install them on the same thing, it knows anyway.

It also know it's the same device. So whether you like it or not, they are now linked together on Instagram's side forever.

This app has access to:
Device & app history
  • retrieve running apps
Identity
  • find accounts on the device
  • read your own contact card
Contacts
  • find accounts on the device
  • read your contacts
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
SMS
  • receive text messages (SMS)
Phone
  • read phone status and identity
Photos/Media/Files
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Camera
  • take pictures and videos
Microphone
  • record audio
Device ID & call information
  • read phone status and identity
Other
  • read frame buffer
  • change screen orientation
  • receive data from Internet
  • view network connections
  • read battery statistics
  • full network access
  • run at startup
  • use accounts on the device
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • install shortcuts
  • uninstall shortcuts

Last edited:
If you have your cam and your private instagram accounts on the same phone or tablet, then no.

Just to clarify from my post, before someone else points it out. It doesn't even have to be the same device. If you have your private Instagram on your phone, and your cam Instagram on your tablet, but both are still signed in with the same email address... that would link them too.

You would need to take the extra step of having the cam device be activated under a completely separate email address, separate contacts, and never link the two through any of the other apps installed just to be sure.

Instagram seems to be especially pervasive in linking you to contacts or people physically nearby. I never tried using it for camming but it seems to often cause more trouble than it's apparently worth for other girls.

Parallel Space may be a good alternative till you are able to acquire a second phone.
It allows you to install self contain installation of different applications.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.parallel.intl&hl=en

I would also recommend using chrome profiles on desktop. You can have one profile for your personal accounts, and a second one for your cam profiles. All the preferences and data for the profiles are put into different folders within app data. It is like having two different browsers, but this way you can easily switch in chrome. You don't have to worry about accidentally connecting Facebook/gmail to any applications. Plus you can just delete a profile if someone wants to use your computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryBoBerry
It's just Big Brother. You use that device for things already, so Google would always suggest things to you. Like even when I was at work on their computer and signed into my personal gmail, that happens. I would go with the advice for a completely different device, get it brand new, and never ever, sign into anything that has to do with your personal life.

Actually, I keep my professional instagram account private and add a selective group of people. Normally, I add other sex workers, models, actors, psychic entertainer, and potential customers. Also, I just have a personal Twitter and facebook only.

Status
Not open for further replies.