AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Completely stressed out

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
Your heart is beating so hard it wants to shake itself out of your chest. You feel ill. You have twitches, itches, and everything you do seems to be an irritation. You worry that you are worried far too often. You throw away your to do list as it goes to a second page. You relax by biting your nails, and your meditation is like a caffeine high.

How do you get from stressed to just busy? How do you turn that stress into something less?

Reactions: AmberCutie
Once, when my partner was a ceramic tiler, one morning he didn´t know where to start and he was told to just throw the tile on the wall...

not literally throw a tile on a wall obviously!

when stressed, just get on with it, your stress soon turns into fun when you see those everyday jobs just wilting away.

Mine just usually builds up into a freakish panic attack and then it starts all over again but I do have about a week while it builds back up that the stress it much much less, it's like the panic attack blows most of the stress away for a bit...

I struggle a lot with anxiety and stress, and is partly why I decided to try camming. Because normal work environments and being around people all day seems to trigger my anxiety.

I find the main ways to combat my stress is to stick to a routine, including a scheduled bed time and wake up time (rock n roll eh?!) Most importantly, be kind to yourself and look after yourself. Make time to do things you enjoy and try to get some regular exercise in.
Your heart is beating so hard it wants to shake itself out of your chest. You feel ill. You have twitches, itches, and everything you do seems to be an irritation. You worry that you are worried far too often. You throw away your to do list as it goes to a second page. You relax by biting your nails, and your meditation is like a caffeine high.

How do you get from stressed to just busy? How do you turn that stress into something less?

I have struggled with severe depression, suicidal thoughts, and panic attacks my entire life. I tried therapy, anti-depressants, and just about anything else. In the past year I had blood work done and found out that I had severe vitamin deficiencies. My B12 was very low, which can lead to symptoms reminiscent of schizophrenia. Since I've begun getting injections of B12 my entire state of health has improved. Now, I know this isn't helpful in the short term, but in my case no amount of positive thinking or getting to work was going to change the fact that I had a severe health issue. I've also begun going to the gym on a regular schedule, and although I haven't had any noticeable results yet, the physical activity improves my mood as well.

I get too stressed when I have too many things that all need to be done at the same time. I'm a very poor multi-tasker so when I can organise things so I can fully focus on only one or two at a time it makes things much easier for me. In my job I have a lot of clients who on some days all seem to want a piece of me at the same time. As a newbie I was killing myself trying to keep them all happy and thinking I had to say yes to everything and trying to be in two places at the same time or else I'd lose their business and ultimately my job. In the end I was over stressing myself and also letting people down when I couldn't deliver everything I was trying to. The best thing I learned was how to say no or that they would have to wait. It cut down on my stress but also meant I was able to do a better job.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ambers Troll
Mine just usually builds up into a freakish panic attack and then it starts all over again but I do have about a week while it builds back up that the stress it much much less, it's like the panic attack blows most of the stress away for a bit...
I don't know about more severe long term stress, but for something like being overwhelmed with things you need to do, hitting that wall can be cathartic. There is nothing quite like facing the impossible to take the pressure off and reorder your priorities. You don't have time to worry, what needs to be done becomes more obvious, and you just move forward the best you can. You can even laugh at how ridiculous it is.

I meditate. When I say meditate I don't mean sitting in lotus position and humming to myself while trying to clear my mind. I tend to find thoughts to distract me from the stress. Normally it's simply diving into a project whether work, chores or fun. I take a lot of time to be "away" when I get over-whelmed, and won't be very chatty. Basically though, if it's something I can't change, I simply do my best to essentially numb the stress until it's over. Not entirely certain how "healthy" that is, but I figure doing that is better that obsessing about problems you can't do anything about. My normal resting heart rate lately seems to be around 90 bpm according to my dr. It lowered recently from about 110 due to going off Sudafed and using saline solution instead.

Positive thinking has minimal effect on me, but feeling productive in some way generally can seem to set my stressed out headjunk right. I think it works for me because it's like- Positive thinking- yes, I've counted my blessings, and they're all very nice but nothing has changed vs. Being productive- proves to self at least I tried.

Improving my diet to have more vitamins and minerals that my body seems to adore being deficient in has helped a lot especially with B-vitamins improving my stress levels, and magnesium improving my heart rate and nervous tick factor (recently I bought a yo-yo for my ticks...I finger tap and it's seeming to help a lot actually.)

Admittedly I do get stressed a lot, but at least I get a lot done! ^.^;

Here's what I like to do-

1. Remain mindful of my surroundings and myself. Stay as attached as possible to what is around me currently by mentally noting or saying out loud what I observe, feel, and sense. It just helps to ground yourself as opposed to letting yourself get carried away in your head.

2. Imagine my mind is like a room with a door that my emotions walk in and out of. Instead of focusing too much on that emotion or ignoring it until it becomes too much to bear, just acknowledge that emotion. Say hi to it, become one with it, and then--

3. Transform that emotion and channel it into something productive. We have to take our shit and make it into gold. This can be easier said than done, but it gets better with time. I still struggle with transmuting my negative emotions into positive ones, so I try to channel it into my art or my writing or some other enjoyable hobby.

I want to second what @Ann_Sulu said about taking a Vitamin B supplement. I started doing that last year and it made a huge difference for me.

@Laylah Noxx I forgot about grounding but the few times I've remembered to try it worked well to calm me at least a bit.

Reactions: Ariadne O!
A big part of what I do is try and control the things I can control: for instance I organize stuff and clean and make my apartment look cool in my eyes. I do a ton of stuff that I might have let slide and I really get a high off of accomplishing the small things, so just basically controlling my home is a boost on the positive side. It is also is sort of a work out. If I could learn how to cook great dishes that would be something too (baby steps). I also try to minimize things by recycling or throwing things away or finding ways to lessen the load.

I also listen to funny stuff that makes me feel good. Just having radio programs of lots of people talking and being funny gets me thru the day with a smile. It used to be tons of funny movies but youtube and local radio has shows on the internet that I never get tired of listening to.

I also sometimes try to limit my social activities. Sometimes hell is other people and it is nice to take a break from others (I can only imagine being a cam model. Having to deal with people for a living has to be tough at times--as a member I drop out a lot because if I don't feel right I can go away).

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Ambers Troll
Status
Not open for further replies.