AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Conned out of 2 shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2014
I'm not going to name names because it's just inappropriate. I recently purchased 2 one hour skype shows from a model that I have talked to a bunch of times on MFC. We negotiated a price, I paid it, and she disappeared. MFC has a stance that a tip is a gift to the model and will not reimburse which is completely understandable. I have read on here that this particular model sets a topic, hits goal, and logs off with no show as promised by her topic. In cases like these shouldn't there be some sort of repercussion? I see the list of scammer guys but never see a list of scamming models. Just wondering what your thoughts on this and no I am not looking for anything free or pity. Just conversation about said topic.

mynameisbob84 said:
You can report them to MFC and possibly get your money back. And as far as I can tell, you can name and shame here without out it being removed.
It's not encouraged to name and shame because this model is not here to defend herself or state her side of what happened.

The first thing to do is to just accept that you may never see those tokens again, which it sounds like you've already done.

And then, report her to MFC and explain the part about her not providing entertainment she's promised in return for tokens. Like you said, tokens are gifts, and they may just say, "We have a private feature for things like that," and that will be it. Doesn't hurt to try, though.

well... that was quick.

there has been threads about this sort of thing before, I think the conclusion of that was, that if she's doing dodgy stuff, like not giving people what they paid for, it will usually filter itself out. people will stop tipping, lowering her camscore and eventually she won't be able to make enough tokens for camming to be worth it. (like with all models who are unreliable)

edit; saw you edited the post and removed her name :thumbleft: so left my comment on her specific out, but try the search function on this forum.

This is why MFC's private shows are the way to go :twocents-02cents:

PicNic said:
This is why MFC's private shows are the way to go :twocents-02cents:
This is a usual response of mine in a situation like Donny's. And while it's worth a shot to ask MFC to review any MFC mails or PMs about it and get tokens back, I'd understand why they might ignore/refuse this request since it was for Skype. For videos or other content purchases that aren't something MFC offers directly, I think they'd be pretty helpful. But Skype just an off-site private. MFC offers private shows that are pay by the minute to ensure no one gets ripped off.

Using MFC as it was meant to be used (i.e. paying for and watching shows ON the actual site) would keep a lot of people from getting 'scammed'. Won't keep girls from accepting tips for a public show and then leaving, but that can be reported to MFC and would probably be dealt with.

Also
Funnydonny said:
I see the list of scammer guys but never see a list of scamming models.
I don't believe we have a list of scammer guys, and there have most definitely been names dropped in other "scam!" threads. I have a strict policy in the Models Only section that blacklists are not allowed. Once in a while names are mentioned for severe cases, but I don't feel it's fair to have some list hidden away in the MO area.

So long as things are in the public section where the accused (member or model) can come and defend themselves, it can be ok to name the person. I say "can" because there's obviously still some tact that needs to be used when naming and shaming.

AmberCutie said:
I don't believe we have a list of scammer guys, and there have most definitely been names dropped in other "scam!" threads. I have a strict policy in the Models Only section that blacklists are not allowed. Once in a while names are mentioned for severe cases, but I don't feel it's fair to have some list hidden away in the MO area.

I've always thought this is such a wonderful example of what makes this forum such a great place for models and members alike :-D Thanks Amber!

Though I bet most members wouldn't be totally opposed to a "That Member is Extra Awesome" thread in "Models Only".

:lol:

and I really don't think I'd be on a blacklist anyway...maybe? :p

hapa74 said:
AmberCutie said:

I've always thought this is such a wonderful example of what makes this forum such a great place for models and members alike :-D Thanks Amber!

Though I bet most members wouldn't be totally opposed to a "That Member is Extra Awesome" thread in "Models Only".

:lol:

and I really don't think I'd be on a blacklist anyway...maybe? :p

You never know though. Not every model on the forum is going to use the information of which members are awesome in the best way. Are you hoping for random suck ups, because I could see that happening?

I don't want to drag this discussion out too much but I have a couple of questions, just out of pure curiosity.

1. You said in your original post that you purchased 2 Skype shows. Did you buy them at the same time? If not, I don't think it's ever a good idea to be a 'repeat customer' without having the previous service provided to you.

2. Did you see the information about this model on the forum before or after the purchase?

Like I said this is just curiosity, none of the above truly matters because it's already happened and I believe Fay already said consider those tokens gone. However, I think it's important for members not to throw themselves all in with a model, get a feel for her reputation first. I know you said you had a couple of conversations with her but considering she may have a rep for not following through with public shows when she reaches them, it makes me wonder if you ever saw one?
This topic has always been a sensitive one, no matter if it's a model scamming or a member but when it is a model, I hear from the member 'there's nothing I can do about it, MFC won't help me' (I'm talking in general now not just to you) so members need to help themselves first by taking more time and care. :twocents-02cents:

LacieLaPlante said:
You never know though. Not every model on the forum is going to use the information of which members are awesome in the best way. Are you hoping for random suck ups, because I could see that happening?

Empty false praise makes me feel so shitty, even from spam bots. I have a little teeny tiny window of feeling good, right before the crushing weight of reality comes crashing down on me when I realize none of it was true after I finish reading it.

Nikki said:
I don't want to drag this discussion out too much but I have a couple of questions, just out of pure curiosity.

1. You said in your original post that you purchased 2 Skype shows. Did you buy them at the same time? If not, I don't think it's ever a good idea to be a 'repeat customer' without having the previous service provided to you.

2. Did you see the information about this model on the forum before or after the purchase?

Like I said this is just curiosity, none of the above truly matters because it's already happened and I believe Fay already said consider those tokens gone. However, I think it's important for members not to throw themselves all in with a model, get a feel for her reputation first. I know you said you had a couple of conversations with her but considering she may have a rep for not following through with public shows when she reaches them, it makes me wonder if you ever saw one?
This topic has always been a sensitive one, no matter if it's a model scamming or a member but when it is a model, I hear from the member 'there's nothing I can do about it, MFC won't help me' (I'm talking in general now not just to you) so members need to help themselves first by taking more time and care. :twocents-02cents:

Hi Nikki. i purchased them both at the same time as she was giving me a deal and it was the end of the pay period. I just found about this site not too long ago and didn't do my research. A quick search would have made me wary lets just say. It was my first time in her room so I've just chalked it up as a loss and move on.

OP, may I say that you are awesome for not making assumptions about other models based on your negative experience with one scammy girl (which really sucks, btw, sorry that happened!) That's really friggin' cool of you, just wanted to let ya know. :thumbleft:

While I do not know which model you are referring to in this thread, I just like many members know how ya feel. While, I will not names myself, I also have been scammed when purchasing skype shows, tipping for a countdown, or purchasing a sub par pvt show. I think MFC needs to implement a "secret shopper" system to start cracking down on these models. It can be an outside source like "mainstream" companies use, or it can be members of the MFC staff. If it is a room monitor employed by MFC, then that's easy. He or she purchases the service offered or discussed <of which the models does keep the tokens/money if she fulfills her promise>, and if the model does not follow through, he can interrupt her show and discuss the situation. I have heard of models who are offering raffles or an "auction" of sorts and then claim that an anonymous tip came through to win it. In that case, if a monitor is in the room, then said monitor can look into that models account to see if it is indeed true. If it isn't, then again the monitor can interrupt the show and discuss it with the model. They can give out warnings like write ups that can result in termination from the site. If it is a studio based model, then MFC and the studio can discuss it and the studio can decide what it wants to do with the model, but she will not be allowed on MFC any longer. If the studio is worth anything and runs its business like any others, I doubt it will be happy knowing that its employees/contractors are jeopardizing its relationship with the largest cam site currently on the net. There are measures that can taken at a minimal cost, and it is truly a little discouraging knowing that MFC does not take them. I have yet to hear that MFC has at least investigated one complaint about a model who may be scamming.

I know that with 1000s of models currently enrolled on MFC that they will not be able to catch everyone all the time. Maybe this will scare those who think are getting with something though.

This is why it's best to only do privates with models/members you know.

Attachments

• hell naw.png
    hell naw.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 565
Oops I meant to say skype, not privates. :woops:

I'd suggest remind her ... you said it was recent, so she may be waiting for you to make plans for the shows.
Say this "Guess we should plan those skype shows that you offered [date/ day] sometime soon?"

Being conned at times will occur, the more you visit, the less it will happen. Think of it like spending within an online game, there are beggars and theives who will happily let you make a bad trade. The model only punishes herself and other models that remind those they cheat of her. The member learns from it, so the spending is never wasted.

It has consequences for the model and for the site.
Breaches of trust tend to make members spend on trusted models. This makes it harder for trustworthy models without many members/ experience to find spending members without big demonstrations of trust.
For the site this means that trusted top models get the good member action. Those not getting action will always be tempted by easier tokens, and cheaper acts to get them.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I'm presuming this is a BITCH/COMPLAINT/VENT post as opposed to an INFORMATIONAL post as nondisclosure of the MODEL's identity allows her to continue to do do the same thing to other new/uninformed members with NO CONSEQUENCES.

bud9752 said:
I'm presuming this is a BITCH/COMPLAINT/VENT post as opposed to an INFORMATIONAL post as nondisclosure of the MODEL's identity allows her to continue to do do the same thing to other new/uninformed members with NO CONSEQUENCES.
Don't you know what happens when you ASSUME?!
Also, I can see that you must not have read the rest of the posts on this thread, because if you had, you would know that the OP did name names at first, then thought better of it and edited her name out. You would also know that the one does not need to name names for a scamer model to have CONSEQUENCES! She will never advance her career as a cam model with behavior like that! there's one CONSEQUENCE right there. Also, it's already been established that she's been named in previous threads here on acf for that exact same behavior, so if you truly want to know who it is, I'm sure you could find out with a little searching. Don't get on this guy's case just because he wants to keep himself classy.

Sometimes I worry that people are too quick to run straight here before ever even attempting to contact MFC admins themselves. They don't want scammers either, and they have made in clear to the models on multiple occasions that consequences for not fulfilling an offer do exist.

I think the number one constant aside from scamming that I see in all these threads is usually not even trying to contact MFC. depending on the type of offer and pm/mfc mail records MFC does sometimes issue refunds. It has happened many times.
You just have to email them, maybe a few times. They may tell you to bugger off with the skype thing but they also may not. Especially if you have records.

I am also curious what your communications with the model have been. Have you actually tried contacting her about it? Maybe she's just waiting to hear from you?

I agree with jolene, MFC isn't afraid to charge back girls and give the tokens back if you have proof of what has happened. If you can get her to tell you you wont get the skype (might be a far fetched idea) then it may be an easier process.

I know that someone's account was hacked and the hacker bought all my videos. Then i got charged back for all the tokens and the tokens were put on the members account. (kinda sucky for me. but i know that this happens lol) So i know that mfc works with the members to make sure they arn't being scammed.

Go into your chat archives and screenshot the convos with her, then mail support with the proof and the fact that you never got your shows.

I am sure they will work it out sooner or later, just be persistent.

JoleneBrody said:
I am also curious what your communications with the model have been. Have you actually tried contacting her about it? Maybe she's just waiting to hear from you?

Hi Jolene. First let me say I respect you very much as a model and have heard nothing but glowing reviews about you. I have reached out with 3 mfc emails which were read without response. I did send a message to mfc with screenshots of what I have in the archive.

The the poster that wanted me to name names, I appreciate where you are coming from, but I think everyone in here knows who I am talking about and really don't want another flaming thread. It really goes against everything I'm about. Which would lead to more work for Amber who has much more important things to do then edit my posts for common sense. If you truly do not know who it is, please private message me and I will tell you. For now that is the best I can do and I hope that is good enough.

Reactions: MayaEden
Funnydonny said:
JoleneBrody said:

Hi Jolene. First let me say I respect you very much as a model and have heard nothing but glowing reviews about you. I have reached out with 3 mfc emails which were read without response. I did send a message to mfc with screenshots of what I have in the archive.

The the poster that wanted me to name names, I appreciate where you are coming from, but I think everyone in here knows who I am talking about and really don't want another flaming thread. It really goes against everything I'm about. Which would lead to more work for Amber who has much more important things to do then edit my posts for common sense. If you truly do not know who it is, please private message me and I will tell you. For now that is the best I can do and I hope that is good enough.

Well shucks that stinks. I'm really sorry, I was crossing my fingers it was just going to be some sort of mis communication, like no one knows who could make the first move. Best of luck with MFC, I hope they can help you despite it being for skype.

And thank you for the compliment! :) That's super nice!

JoleneBrody said:
Sometimes I worry that people are too quick to run straight here before ever even attempting to contact MFC admins themselves. They don't want scammers either, and they have made in clear to the models on multiple occasions that consequences for not fulfilling an offer do exist.

Speaking from my own personal experience, I can say that on 4 separate occasions, with 4 different models, I paid for things that I never received. One was a purchase off of a wish list in exchange for a custom video. The model received my gift, thanked me for it and never made my video. I would contact her and she would make excuse after excuse (My favorite was she felt fat that day and didn't want to make it just then) and finally she stopped answering my e-mails and PMs. Because it was a wish list purchase, I knew I had no recourse with MFC admins. This wasn't a transaction through their site. It also made me very shy about purchasing things for models in exchange for products since that time. The other three were all panties purchased from models via MFC tokens. I had E-mails, chat logs and PMs detailing everything. I contacted MFC on all 3 occasions multiple times and never once heard back from them. I have never heard back from MFC on any e-mail I have ever sent them. In the end, I had no choice but to cut my losses and let these models get away with me tipping them a lot of tokens without them fulfilling their end of the agreement. I never went back to them of course nor tipped them again, but it's not as simple as it sounds when you say contact MFC and they will take care of it. Because, a lot of times they don't.

ILikeUonTop said:
JoleneBrody said:

Speaking from my own personal experience, I can say that on 4 separate occasions, with 4 different models, I paid for things that I never received. One was a purchase off of a wish list in exchange for a custom video. The model received my gift, thanked me for it and never made my video. I would contact her and she would make excuse after excuse (My favorite was she felt fat that day and didn't want to make it just then) and finally she stopped answering my e-mails and PMs. Because it was a wish list purchase, I knew I had no recourse with MFC admins. This wasn't a transaction through their site. It also made me very shy about purchasing things for models in exchange for products since that time. The other three were all panties purchased from models via MFC tokens. I had E-mails, chat logs and PMs detailing everything. I contacted MFC on all 3 occasions multiple times and never once heard back from them. I have never heard back from MFC on any e-mail I have ever sent them. In the end, I had no choice but to cut my losses and let these models get away with me tipping them a lot of tokens without them fulfilling their end of the agreement. I never went back to them of course nor tipped them again, but it's not as simple as it sounds when you say contact MFC and they will take care of it. Because, a lot of times they don't.
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.
But I didn't say it's always that simple and like your transactions, can often depend on many things and details.

But it DOES happen and the one constant in getting a refund is asking for one. If you never try, it's never going to happen.

I could see mailed goods being tough unless you have a specific PM or MFC mail record that says "I'm just not gonna send them because I don't want to, too bad."
It has to be very blatant scamming and it has to be very very well documented.
Example, if a model chose to not to send them based on what she perceived as bad attitude or insulting behavior from you and said so, the chances are probably small of a refund. It might still happen depending on details but MFC feels strongly about letting models set their own rules for how they like to be interacted with. I'm not saying this was your case I'm just saying that the case has to be very strong in the members favors, which is why keeping communication in MFC involving these things is so important.

They don't want models scamming but they also have to ride the line of not micromanaging either.

Status
Not open for further replies.