AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Contracts for Skype shows?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexi Lovegood

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 1, 2018
The Internet
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@lexilovegood24
Chaturbate Username
Lexilovegood24
So I know Skype will no longer be a viable option soon and the importance of having a VPN, but I'm doing a Skype show this weekend (presumably, if the person actually comes through) and I've had some other people express interest. My question: Do any of you have some sort of contract or anything that you have members sign before doing an off-site show? Like something stating they're of legal age, consent to the transaction, won't record and sell the show, etc.? I know it would be difficult to make it legally binding because of the anonymity factor, but just as far as having something that looks official to deter people from taking advantage? Just wondering if anyone uses anything like that and perhaps a link to where I could find it. Thanks!

So I know Skype will no longer be a viable option soon and the importance of having a VPN, but I'm doing a Skype show this weekend (presumably, if the person actually comes through) and I've had some other people express interest. My question: Do any of you have some sort of contract or anything that you have members sign before doing an off-site show? Like something stating they're of legal age, consent to the transaction, won't record and sell the show, etc.? I know it would be difficult to make it legally binding because of the anonymity factor, but just as far as having something that looks official to deter people from taking advantage? Just wondering if anyone uses anything like that and perhaps a link to where I could find it. Thanks!

No, I never did a contract, but I would only accept payment through a 3rd party, like IndieBill, NiteFlirt, SkyPrivate, etc.,which made sure users were of age...

Once you take someone's money off site, all liability is on you. A written agreement won't mitigate that because it doesn't cover what is required of you as far as age verification goes. The only way to minimize risk is to be paid on site, and with the current changes, accepting payment on site to take a member to Skype (or other now scrutinized platforms) might be a ban type offense in the near future. Just guessing there.

Once you take someone's money off site, all liability is on you. A written agreement won't mitigate that because it doesn't cover what is required of you as far as age verification goes. The only way to minimize risk is to be paid on site, and with the current changes, accepting payment on site to take a member to Skype (or other now scrutinized platforms) might be a ban type offense in the near future. Just guessing there.
wait scrutinized? what is going on in skype?

wait scrutinized? what is going on in skype?

FOSTA/SESTA is causing companies to freak out and start monitoring the activities of their members more closely. There's apparently no nudity allowed on Skype now. The extent to which that will actually be enforced remains to be seen.

Last edited:
FOSTA/SESTA is causing companies to freak out and start monitoring the activities of their members more closely. There's apparently no nudity allowed on Skype now. The extent to which that will actually be enforced remains to be seen.

Oh geeze. I get the feeling it is one of those well intentioned but can really backfire laws. I do private skype shows on occasion for a select few long time online friends. It started with me asking if i can practice on them before I actually try to be a cam girl, and then it turned into actual jobs with them. I don't want them nor me to get into any sort of trouble.

btw, don't get me wrong, I am glad to see them cracking down on sex trafficking, but you would think lawmakers would learn after the damage to small time offenders and innocent people the broad sweeping drug laws have done.

btw, don't get me wrong, I am glad to see them cracking down on sex trafficking, but you would think lawmakers would learn after the damage to small time offenders and innocent people the broad sweeping drug laws have done.

Honestly the more I look into it the less well-intentioned it looks. I feel more like they put a vulnerable group in the title of their bill to help it gain support but it was always about gaining more control over the internet and cracking down on consensual sex work. It's worth noting that sex trafficking survivors were largely against this bill because it actually makes people in that position LESS safe, and no one listened.

Honestly the more I look into it the less well-intentioned it looks. I feel more like they put a vulnerable group in the title of their bill to help it gain support but it was always about gaining more control over the internet and cracking down on consensual sex work. It's worth noting that sex trafficking survivors were largely against this bill because it actually makes people in that position LESS safe, and no one listened.

The whole thing is... worrisome. Especially for victims.

Reactions: Lexi Lovegood
Status
Not open for further replies.