AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I just heard from a verified news source that Dolores O’riordan, the lead singer of The Cranberries, died aged 46. That’s too damn soon.

Wow, that is way too soon! R.I.P.

I don't have any of their music, but I occasionally hear folks at karaoke sing "Zombie." Cool song. Someone told me they think it'd be a great song for me to do, but I'd never bothered practicing it at home first before singing it in public.

Reactions: emptiedglass
I just heard from a verified news source that Dolores O’riordan, the lead singer of The Cranberries, died aged 46. That’s too damn soon.

I never cried over a celebrity until I found that out. She was the first musician my sister and I ever got into. We were obsessed. We had her pictures on our walls for years. I was listening to "Ode to My Family" the day before she died. Really heartbreaking.

C2LAZ4w.jpg

Captain Kangaroo

Dial-up Internet, Carmen San Diego, being afraid the world was going to end with Y2K.

Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
I never cried over a celebrity until I found that out. She was the first musician my sister and I ever got into. We were obsessed. We had her pictures on our walls for years. I was listening to "Ode to My Family" the day before she died. Really heartbreaking.

Dial-up Internet, Carmen San Diego, being afraid the world was going to end with Y2K.
I mostly grew up in the 90’s too, but it was only in my 30’s when I gathered courage to play notes and not just drums, when I really started to love The Cranberries.

Obviously, I'm all for women coming forward about sexual assault, but I've been saying from the beginning this is going to turn into a witch hunt, and I think it has.

There has to be some burden of proof before a person's life and livelihood can be ruined. This affects families, people's spouses and kids.

An accusation shouldn't be a conviction, even in the court of public opinion.

-A victim of child sexual abuse

Obviously, I'm all for women coming forward about sexual assault, but I've been saying from the beginning this is going to turn into a witch hunt, and I think it has.

There has to be some burden of proof before a person's life and livelihood can be ruined. This affects families, people's spouses and kids.

An accusation shouldn't be a conviction, even in the court of public opinion.

-A victim of child sexual abuse
Stuff like this is so complicated in the sense that we know, factually, that proof (that would be sufficient in a legal case) is incredibly hard to get in many sexual assault cases. Even if you remove the power play that happens in a lot of these Hollywood situations, anything that isn’t violent isn’t likely to have physical evidence, and then you’re essentially left with a he said, she said scenario. Can you convict on that? Not really. Can creeps bank on the fact that you can’t? Most definitely. I believe two things: things need to be fair to the accused, and the legal system isn’t a sufficient way to determine whether someone is guilty or not, even if it’s the best and most fair way. I’ve been asking forever when people say that the courts aren’t doing enough to support victims how we can change that in a way that’s still fair to the accused, and I’ve never gotten a sufficient answer nor have I thought of one.

But, I wouldn’t let Harvey Weinstein hang out with my teenage daughter even though there’s no conviction against him. I imagine most wouldn’t at this point and I wonder at what point (certain number of victims, severity of the alleged assault) that happens for people. Obviously it’s different for everyone but it’s interesting to me to see what everyone’s different levels of acceptance are.

My other thought on this, I wonder how people who’ve spoken up about sexual assault in Hollywood before are feeling in this moment, where it used to be a bit quieter whereas now the conversation is so big. Like if they feel letdown that their stories weren’t shared as widely or taken as seriously. Idk. Just pondering.

Reactions: RebelleHart
Stuff like this is so complicated in the sense that we know, factually, that proof (that would be sufficient in a legal case) is incredibly hard to get in many sexual assault cases. Even if you remove the power play that happens in a lot of these Hollywood situations, anything that isn’t violent isn’t likely to have physical evidence, and then you’re essentially left with a he said, she said scenario. Can you convict on that? Not really. Can creeps bank on the fact that you can’t? Most definitely. I believe two things: things need to be fair to the accused, and the legal system isn’t a sufficient way to determine whether someone is guilty or not, even if it’s the best and most fair way. I’ve been asking forever when people say that the courts aren’t doing enough to support victims how we can change that in a way that’s still fair to the accused, and I’ve never gotten a sufficient answer nor have I thought of one.

But, I wouldn’t let Harvey Weinstein hang out with my teenage daughter even though there’s no conviction against him. I imagine most wouldn’t at this point and I wonder at what point (certain number of victims, severity of the alleged assault) that happens for people. Obviously it’s different for everyone but it’s interesting to me to see what everyone’s different levels of acceptance are.

My other thought on this, I wonder how people who’ve spoken up about sexual assault in Hollywood before are feeling in this moment, where it used to be a bit quieter whereas now the conversation is so big. Like if they feel letdown that their stories weren’t shared as widely or taken as seriously. Idk. Just pondering.

One of the things that's kind of irksome is that I don't really think it's solving anything.

Basically, all these famous people or wannabe famous people who got close to famous people come forward with their stories and they're automatically believed. Even if it's something minor like with Aziz Ansari, and his career is at least jeopardized without a thread of evidence.

But then I was a nobody kid who was molested by a nobody family friend for years starting at SEVEN, and when I talk about it, people do their sympathy act, but what's really changing? Like you said, there's no evidence after all these years and who's going to care if one nobody accuses another nobody?

So, what's really being accomplished is all these Hollywood starlets and wannabe starlets are getting to boo-hoo, wear black and suck each other's proverbial cocks at banquets and galas, further their dwindling careers, ruining prosperous careers all over vaguely inappropriate behavior...

...yet ordinary kids are still getting raped, ordinary women are still getting raped, and I'm supposed to believe #TimesUp?

Nah.

One of the things that's kind of irksome is that I don't really think it's solving anything.

Basically, all these famous people or wannabe famous people who got close to famous people come forward with their stories and they're automatically believed. Even if it's something minor like with Aziz Ansari, and his career is at least jeopardized without a thread of evidence.

But then I was a nobody kid who was molested by a nobody family friend for years starting at SEVEN, and when I talk about it, people do their sympathy act, but what's really changing? Like you said, there's no evidence after all these years and who's going to care if one nobody accuses another nobody?

So, what's really being accomplished is all these Hollywood starlets and wannabe starlets are getting to boo-hoo, wear black and suck each other's proverbial cocks at banquets and galas, further their dwindling careers, ruining prosperous careers all over vaguely inappropriate behavior...

...yet ordinary kids are still getting raped, ordinary women are still getting raped, and I'm supposed to believe #TimesUp?

Nah.

This is the frustrating part, in that it continues on with no real resolution. It seems like it's so embedded into society that it's better to let it be shuffled off into the corners rather than confront it. Part of me thinks it's from the "taboo" of sex and few seem to openly want to talk about the more serious side of it.

I agree with you in that the #metoo movement is more about those in the spotlight or trying to get into the spotlight than it is about everyday people. Add to it that it's also politicized in terms of politicians, and political agendas. Witch hunt is most definitely the way to describe it. Unfortunately, it's also now making a lot of men very skittish in ways. Say anything that can be taken out of context and it could ruin a person's career in an instant. Doesn't even need to be a legal charge. Just a mark in an HR file and it's there. It doesn't even have to be directed at the person reporting it. Someone just doesn't have to like it, and they could report it on behalf of someone else.

The school principal texted me the proofs of my son's photos from Picture Day (His first school Picture Day in like 5 years). LOOOVE IT!!!

Nah.
Dismissing people’s experiences as boo-hooing and whatever else is so gross to me.

I agree that their movement might not change things for you or I or other people in different situations, but it doesn’t harm us as victims/survivors/whatever, and not everything has to be for everyone. Making progress in one industry is better than making progress in none. I may be bitter and a little jealous of people who’s assaults are taken more seriously than mine, but I am glad that someone’s is.

Also, you’re right that some careers might be ruined; in that vein, I find it disingenuous to ignore the careers ruined by people who are either forced out or leave industries where they’re assaulted. Kevin Spacey may have a hard time getting work now, Mira Sorvino was blacklisted and had a hard time getting work - why decry one and not the other?

#metoo?
Where is Rose? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5152185/Outrage-Rose-McGoawn-left-Times-MeToo-cover.html
Et tu wikipedia? (as if we already didn't bloody know; somebody go add mention of Rose, see how long it lasts) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_Too_(hashtag)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ose-McGowan-set-appear-court-drug-charge.html
A possible 10 years? Lot of interesting tidbits in this article... https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2018/01/loudoun-co-prosecutor-recuses-rose-mcgowan-drug-case/

How long was Dennis Hastert locked up?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Hastert#Imprisonment_and_life_post-sentencing
Notwithstanding his conviction, Hastert continues to receive his congressional pension,[244] which amounts to about $73,000 a year.[240]

I came real close to watching the Golden Globes this year just to see what sort of idiocy might be presented (I didn't, my contempt for celebrity won out).
http://www.elleuk.com/life-and-culture/culture/news/a40838/rose-mcgowan-golden-globes-fakery/
Should've been boycotted by all imo.

Dismissing people’s experiences as boo-hooing and whatever else is so gross to me.

I agree that their movement might not change things for you or I or other people in different situations, but it doesn’t harm us as victims/survivors/whatever, and not everything has to be for everyone. Making progress in one industry is better than making progress in none. I may be bitter and a little jealous of people who’s assaults are taken more seriously than mine, but I am glad that someone’s is.

Also, you’re right that some careers might be ruined; in that vein, I find it disingenuous to ignore the careers ruined by people who are either forced out or leave industries where they’re assaulted. Kevin Spacey may have a hard time getting work now, Mira Sorvino was blacklisted and had a hard time getting work - why decry one and not the other?

I'm sorry, but half these narratives really are boo-hooing. Even when taken as truth/without evidence. It's such minor stuff. Like, I'd love to see them move to the South...outside their Hollywood bubble, most of this stuff is considered pretty mild behavior.

Maybe my perception of all this is skewed, or maybe Hollywood's perception is, but some of the fragility nonsense is just a massive eye roll for me. It seems so artificial and attention grabbing.

I just know that I've spent time talking to people who have been through so much awful stuff, and I've been through some awful stuff, and one thing a lot of us have agreed on is it's important not to play the fragile, victim.

It all strikes me as out of touch. And if someone's being black listed, absolutely that's awful. I'm all for taking down Harvey Weinstein. Denying that would be like denying the Holocaust at this point. I'm talking about the firestorm that situation started and all the phony narratives it produced that some of us have seen too much to cry over.

Some people really do just blurt out whatever comes to mind without giving a fuck. Lol. I'm thinking about that night when someone introduced me to a D.J., and the D.J. takes me by the hand and tells me I'm beautiful but got a big 'ole forehead. Well, DAMN, dude. Tell me how you really feel. LOL.

This was coming from a dude who looks like he eats Big Macs all day long. :p

I realize something: when I take a nap before I work, I make buckets more money than when I go straight from cramming for my econ class.

Turns out, dudes don't want to watch a tired as fuck college student, jacked up on Red Bull with bags under her eyes and would much rather watch a well-rested, semi-presentable human being.

So, the opportunity cost of taking a nap in the middle of the day is actually worth it. Get ZzZ's, make money. Win, win.

The guy I'm seeing at the moment is super cute, but when he doesn't shave his beard, it's a real problem for me. I like the five o'clock shadow look...but because he's ginger, I always think of this:

16273.jpg

• Funny!
Reactions: Aerocakes8687
"We can bring positive energy into our daily lives by smiling more, talking to strangers in line, replacing handshakes with hugs, and calling our friends just to tell them we love them."- Brandon Jenner
I just love this quote. Have a nice day everyone!!

Reactions: TheManofaction1